Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5211

Thread: Origins: General News

  1. #4276
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    467
    In the UK I still had to pay £25 for Wun-Dar before £9 shipping. So they still haven't adjusted those prices. Sent them an email without response and my Creations post still hasn't been cleared. Going to leave a message on their Instagram since I can get logged in now.

  2. #4277
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Is it normal for a shipment from FedEx to be stuck with the 'Label Created' designation after 11 days with no movement since?

    Already called Mattel, they insist the item was shipped last Thursday (when I received the email) and that it would take approximately 10 business days to arrive.
    At least you get a tracking number, right? Outside the US the parcel will show up without a warning.

  3. #4278
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    228
    Got up this morning, did my morning routine, sat down at the computer, remembered that the Wun-Dar made-to-order should be open by now, logged in, placed order, paid, got Paypal receipt and took screenshots (because the actual confirmation e-mail from Mattel takes bloody ages for no apparent reason), done.

    Just the waiting to go. That's how it should be.

    Hope they can fix the massive screw-up with international pricing. Hope everyone calls them on the collecting local taxes rubbish, because I'm damned sure they aren't registered to remit taxes in each of those countries...

  4. #4279
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,252
    It was nice to be able to easily order Wun-Dar, and I hope they use this model going forward for all MC exclusives, but admittedly it's a bittersweet feeling paying for something now that won't even ship until the height of next summer, particularly when there's already lots of Wun-Dar's in the hands of fans now...


  5. #4280
    Heroic Warrior mizterfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Got my 40th heman set today. I like it, I like the figures and tv theme.

    Don't like the typo on a 150 dollar set. Back of the brown box, it says Masters of the Uniberse.
    Thatís a stylized V but yeah, it looks like a b.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  6. #4281
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It was nice to be able to easily order Wun-Dar, and I hope they use this model going forward for all MC exclusives, but admittedly it's a bittersweet feeling paying for something now that won't even ship until the height of next summer, particularly when there's already lots of Wun-Dar's in the hands of fans now...
    In an ideal world there'd be loads of Mattel own shops within easy access across the world with good on time international distribution and a good supply of exclusive items available at them. But reality calls (even though I live within walking distance of a shopping centre with a Lego shop).

    There's just no perfect sales model for niche appeal items (though I disagree Grizzlor qualifies). They don't have the mass appeal to be general retail releases (hello Early Mini-Comics Stratos). Exclusives for individual chains suffer poor distribution and lock out those of us without access to the chains (e.g. here we've never heard of Target). Drops of already produced items are vulnerable to website nightmares and scalpers. Pre-orders require time to await production slots and everything else.

  7. #4282
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    In an ideal world there'd be loads of Mattel own shops within easy access across the world with good on time international distribution and a good supply of exclusive items available at them. But reality calls (even though I live within walking distance of a shopping centre with a Lego shop).
    If only they could sell toys the way the sell cars.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

  8. #4283
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,269
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    In an ideal world there'd be loads of Mattel own shops within easy access across the world with good on time international distribution and a good supply of exclusive items available at them. But reality calls (even though I live within walking distance of a shopping centre with a Lego shop).
    This is because Lego > Mattel in both recognition and annual revenue.

    In 2020 alone, Lego made $7.2 billion in worldwide sales.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  9. #4284
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is because Lego > Mattel in both recognition and annual revenue.

    In 2020 alone, Lego made $7.2 billion in worldwide sales.
    There's that but I think it may also have something to do with Stratford Westfield having the fourth largest retail space of any shopping centre in the UK. There's only three Lego shops in London with one in the even larger Shepherd's Bush Westfield and the other in the West End.

  10. #4285
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    There's that but I think it may also have something to do with Stratford Westfield having the fourth largest retail space of any shopping centre in the UK. There's only three Lego shops in London with one in the even larger Shepherd's Bush Westfield and the other in the West End.
    LEGO shops use to be few and far between, but there are more than I though, but most seem to be in bigger cities in the US. Mattel's most well know brands are Barbie and Hot Wheels, so if they wanted to open Mattel shops those two would take up the majority of the space. It's just a question of if they need or want to run more locations, and is it a better way for them to make money verses selling to retailers.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

  11. #4286
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,509
    In addition to its 3 factory stores, Mattel also has American Girl shops (11 in the U.S. and 5 in Canada). I keep hoping they'll rebrand those into general Mattel stores.

  12. #4287
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    LEGO shops use to be few and far between, but there are more than I though, but most seem to be in bigger cities in the US.
    It's similar here - beyond the three in London mentioned above they have one each in Brighton & Hove, Southampton, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Gateshead, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Glasgow plus one in the Bluewater out of town retail centre. Most of these are the major big cities of the UK - the Gateshead branch serves Newcastle (*) and Bluewater is just outside London - so really only Milton Keynes surprises on that list (although it is much bigger than many realise). Notably there's none in the East of England or East Midlands regions (despite the Nottingham conurbation being bigger than some on the list) or in Northern Ireland.

    (* The Metrocentre used to be the largest shopping centre in the country so a natural location for a branch, though calling it "Newcastle" when it's south of the Tyne may not be the best decision the chain has made. The rivalry between Newcastle and Gateshead is strong even though only a river separates them.)

    Contrast with the Entertainer who have about 170 branches including in many suburbs and towns and a Lego Shop is very much either a rare treat to trek to or something you're lucky to have on the doorstep.
    Last edited by timrollpickering2; October 12, 2022 at 04:52pm.

  13. #4288
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is because Lego > Mattel in both recognition and annual revenue.

    In 2020 alone, Lego made $7.2 billion in worldwide sales.
    BTW, LEGO utilizes its own branded shops mostly as a brand awareness, simply because they make more sales in the other giant retailers like Target and Walmart and online; at least in the US. Plus they're expanding their factories and shipping facilities world wide.
    On the other hand, their prices are also soaring high despite their big profit margins, and who knows if this policy will fire back or keeps them running as normal especially in the current global recession and inflation!?... Also they're adjusting their business to the adult market with their expansive high priced sets and themes more and more every year probably to offset the other issues they could see in their other departments...

    Mattel on the other hand is still an enigma to me...
    Creativity is addictive.

  14. #4289
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    BTW, LEGO utilizes its own branded shops mostly as a brand awareness, simply because they make more sales in the other giant retailers like Target and Walmart and online; at least in the US. Plus they're expanding their factories and shipping facilities world wide.
    On the other hand, their prices are also soaring high despite their big profit margins, and who knows if this policy will fire back or keeps them running as normal especially in the current global recession and inflation!?... Also they're adjusting their business to the adult market with their expansive high priced sets and themes more and more every year probably to offset the other issues they could see in their other departments...

    Mattel on the other hand is still an enigma to me...
    Yes! It's crazy...

    I read in an article that, when factoring everything from basic to deluxe, the average price of a Lego set is $111.00!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    In addition to its 3 factory stores, Mattel also has American Girl shops (11 in the U.S. and 5 in Canada). I keep hoping they'll rebrand those into general Mattel stores.
    This would be awesome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  15. #4290
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    In addition to its 3 factory stores, Mattel also has American Girl shops (11 in the U.S. and 5 in Canada). I keep hoping they'll rebrand those into general Mattel stores.
    With how specialized American Girl dolls are and how they run the store as part of the play pattern I don't see them adding a MOTU section.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

  16. #4291
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,509
    The page is still hidden, but this tiny image just popped into my order history at Amazon. Hopefully this means listings will start popping up elsewhere soon!


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    With how specialized American Girl dolls are and how they run the store as part of the play pattern I don't see them adding a MOTU section.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I agree.. just wishful thinking.

  17. #4292
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    The page is still hidden, but this tiny image just popped into my order history at Amazon. Hopefully this means listings will start popping up elsewhere soon!
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...8L._SS135_.jpg
    Iím thinking this and the movie figures. EEís drop is at midnight and I expect BBTS will do the same with Amazon taking their leisurely time.

  18. #4293
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    The page is still hidden, but this tiny image just popped into my order history at Amazon. Hopefully this means listings will start popping up elsewhere soon!
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...8L._SS135_.jpg
    Any word on how much it will go for?
    I can't wait to PO it
    Creativity is addictive.

  19. #4294
    Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,509
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Any word on how much it will go for?
    I can't wait to PO it
    I bought mine at $32.99.

  20. #4295
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes! It's crazy...

    I read in an article that, when factoring everything from basic to deluxe, the average price of a Lego set is $111.00!!
    That's just mad when you average it this way!... LEGO has always been expensive, but now it's becoming like a high end brand in the toy market.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    I bought mine at $32.99.
    Ok, that's not too bad considering all things. Eventually it will get discounted.
    Creativity is addictive.

  21. #4296
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    2,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Ok, that's not too bad considering all things. Eventually it will get discounted.
    With now much demand there was for Mech-a-neck earlier in the line I see this one selling quick.

    So get ready for Two-Bad with Night Stalker and Mossman with Bashasaurus.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

  22. #4297
    Lord of Nothingness Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    With now much demand there was for Mech-a-neck earlier in the line I see this one selling quick.

    So get ready for Two-Bad with Night Stalker and Mossman with Bashasaurus.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    It's a probable outcomes to sell vehicles and large items that way, but IMHO they should use generic army builder characters with these vehicles instead of the main or core characters... Besides, it might anger a lot of the collectors who want their main characters carded especially those who keep them unopened!
    Creativity is addictive.

  23. #4298
    Heroic Warrior Glasstor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Caliternia
    Posts
    1,665
    I guess nothing new today. The EE drop was pointless.

    Although, now the Ground Ripper page shows up on Amazon so, maybe that will be soon
    Last edited by Glasstor; October 1, 2022 at 03:10am.

  24. #4299
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I guess nothing new today. The EE drop was pointless.

    Although, now the Ground Ripper page shows up on Amazon so, maybe that will be soon
    Yep. Photos have started circulating on social media.

  25. #4300
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    10,269
    Do you think we'll ever get a Battle Bones?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •