Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5211

Thread: Origins: General News

Heroic Warrior
    In the UK I still had to pay £25 for Wun-Dar before £9 shipping. So they still haven't adjusted those prices. Sent them an email without response and my Creations post still hasn't been cleared. Going to leave a message on their Instagram since I can get logged in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Is it normal for a shipment from FedEx to be stuck with the 'Label Created' designation after 11 days with no movement since?

Already called Mattel, they insist the item was shipped last Thursday (when I received the email) and that it would take approximately 10 business days to arrive.
    At least you get a tracking number, right? Outside the US the parcel will show up without a warning.

Heroic Warrior
    Got up this morning, did my morning routine, sat down at the computer, remembered that the Wun-Dar made-to-order should be open by now, logged in, placed order, paid, got Paypal receipt and took screenshots (because the actual confirmation e-mail from Mattel takes bloody ages for no apparent reason), done.

Just the waiting to go. That's how it should be.

Hope they can fix the massive screw-up with international pricing. Hope everyone calls them on the collecting local taxes rubbish, because I'm damned sure they aren't registered to remit taxes in each of those countries...

It was nice to be able to easily order Wun-Dar, and I hope they use this model going forward for all MC exclusives, but admittedly it's a bittersweet feeling paying for something now that won't even ship until the height of next summer, particularly when there's already lots of Wun-Dar's in the hands of fans now...

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Got my 40th heman set today. I like it, I like the figures and tv theme.

Don't like the typo on a 150 dollar set. Back of the brown box, it says Masters of the Uniberse.
    Thatís a stylized V but yeah, it looks like a b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It was nice to be able to easily order Wun-Dar, and I hope they use this model going forward for all MC exclusives, but admittedly it's a bittersweet feeling paying for something now that won't even ship until the height of next summer, particularly when there's already lots of Wun-Dar's in the hands of fans now...
    In an ideal world there'd be loads of Mattel own shops within easy access across the world with good on time international distribution and a good supply of exclusive items available at them. But reality calls (even though I live within walking distance of a shopping centre with a Lego shop).

There's just no perfect sales model for niche appeal items (though I disagree Grizzlor qualifies). They don't have the mass appeal to be general retail releases (hello Early Mini-Comics Stratos). Exclusives for individual chains suffer poor distribution and lock out those of us without access to the chains (e.g. here we've never heard of Target). Drops of already produced items are vulnerable to website nightmares and scalpers. Pre-orders require time to await production slots and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    In an ideal world there'd be loads of Mattel own shops within easy access across the world with good on time international distribution and a good supply of exclusive items available at them. But reality calls (even though I live within walking distance of a shopping centre with a Lego shop).
    If only they could sell toys the way the sell cars.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

This is because Lego > Mattel in both recognition and annual revenue.

In 2020 alone, Lego made $7.2 billion in worldwide sales.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

There's that but I think it may also have something to do with Stratford Westfield having the fourth largest retail space of any shopping centre in the UK. There's only three Lego shops in London with one in the even larger Shepherd's Bush Westfield and the other in the West End.

There's that but I think it may also have something to do with Stratford Westfield having the fourth largest retail space of any shopping centre in the UK. There's only three Lego shops in London with one in the even larger Shepherd's Bush Westfield and the other in the West End.
    LEGO shops use to be few and far between, but there are more than I though, but most seem to be in bigger cities in the US. Mattel's most well know brands are Barbie and Hot Wheels, so if they wanted to open Mattel shops those two would take up the majority of the space. It's just a question of if they need or want to run more locations, and is it a better way for them to make money verses selling to retailers.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    In addition to its 3 factory stores, Mattel also has American Girl shops (11 in the U.S. and 5 in Canada). I keep hoping they'll rebrand those into general Mattel stores.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    LEGO shops use to be few and far between, but there are more than I though, but most seem to be in bigger cities in the US.
    It's similar here - beyond the three in London mentioned above they have one each in Brighton & Hove, Southampton, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Gateshead, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Glasgow plus one in the Bluewater out of town retail centre. Most of these are the major big cities of the UK - the Gateshead branch serves Newcastle (*) and Bluewater is just outside London - so really only Milton Keynes surprises on that list (although it is much bigger than many realise). Notably there's none in the East of England or East Midlands regions (despite the Nottingham conurbation being bigger than some on the list) or in Northern Ireland.

(* The Metrocentre used to be the largest shopping centre in the country so a natural location for a branch, though calling it "Newcastle" when it's south of the Tyne may not be the best decision the chain has made. The rivalry between Newcastle and Gateshead is strong even though only a river separates them.)

Contrast with the Entertainer who have about 170 branches including in many suburbs and towns and a Lego Shop is very much either a rare treat to trek to or something you're lucky to have on the doorstep.
    Last edited by timrollpickering2; October 12, 2022 at 04:52pm.

BTW, LEGO utilizes its own branded shops mostly as a brand awareness, simply because they make more sales in the other giant retailers like Target and Walmart and online; at least in the US. Plus they're expanding their factories and shipping facilities world wide.
    On the other hand, their prices are also soaring high despite their big profit margins, and who knows if this policy will fire back or keeps them running as normal especially in the current global recession and inflation!?... Also they're adjusting their business to the adult market with their expansive high priced sets and themes more and more every year probably to offset the other issues they could see in their other departments...

Mattel on the other hand is still an enigma to me...
    Creativity is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    BTW, LEGO utilizes its own branded shops mostly as a brand awareness, simply because they make more sales in the other giant retailers like Target and Walmart and online; at least in the US. Plus they're expanding their factories and shipping facilities world wide.
    On the other hand, their prices are also soaring high despite their big profit margins, and who knows if this policy will fire back or keeps them running as normal especially in the current global recession and inflation!?... Also they're adjusting their business to the adult market with their expansive high priced sets and themes more and more every year probably to offset the other issues they could see in their other departments...

Mattel on the other hand is still an enigma to me...
    Yes! It's crazy...

I read in an article that, when factoring everything from basic to deluxe, the average price of a Lego set is $111.00!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    In addition to its 3 factory stores, Mattel also has American Girl shops (11 in the U.S. and 5 in Canada). I keep hoping they'll rebrand those into general Mattel stores.
    This would be awesome!

With how specialized American Girl dolls are and how they run the store as part of the play pattern I don't see them adding a MOTU section.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

The page is still hidden, but this tiny image just popped into my order history at Amazon. Hopefully this means listings will start popping up elsewhere soon!

- - - Updated - - -

With how specialized American Girl dolls are and how they run the store as part of the play pattern I don't see them adding a MOTU section.

I agree.. just wishful thinking.

The page is still hidden, but this tiny image just popped into my order history at Amazon. Hopefully this means listings will start popping up elsewhere soon!
    https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...8L._SS135_.jpg
    Iím thinking this and the movie figures. EEís drop is at midnight and I expect BBTS will do the same with Amazon taking their leisurely time.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...8L._SS135_.jpg
    Any word on how much it will go for?
    I can't wait to PO it
    Creativity is addictive.

Any word on how much it will go for?
    I can't wait to PO it
    I bought mine at $32.99.

Yes! It's crazy...

I read in an article that, when factoring everything from basic to deluxe, the average price of a Lego set is $111.00!!
    That's just mad when you average it this way!... LEGO has always been expensive, but now it's becoming like a high end brand in the toy market.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought mine at $32.99.
    Ok, that's not too bad considering all things. Eventually it will get discounted.
    Creativity is addictive.

Ok, that's not too bad considering all things. Eventually it will get discounted.
    With now much demand there was for Mech-a-neck earlier in the line I see this one selling quick.

So get ready for Two-Bad with Night Stalker and Mossman with Bashasaurus.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

With now much demand there was for Mech-a-neck earlier in the line I see this one selling quick.

So get ready for Two-Bad with Night Stalker and Mossman with Bashasaurus.

It's a probable outcomes to sell vehicles and large items that way, but IMHO they should use generic army builder characters with these vehicles instead of the main or core characters... Besides, it might anger a lot of the collectors who want their main characters carded especially those who keep them unopened!
    Creativity is addictive.

I guess nothing new today. The EE drop was pointless.

Although, now the Ground Ripper page shows up on Amazon so, maybe that will be soon
    Last edited by Glasstor; October 1, 2022 at 03:10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I guess nothing new today. The EE drop was pointless.

Although, now the Ground Ripper page shows up on Amazon so, maybe that will be soon
    Yep. Photos have started circulating on social media.

Do you think we'll ever get a Battle Bones?