Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins: General News

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    I think conversion kits are a possible solution to alleviating excess stock, and justifying multiple Skeletor purchases Attachment 127839Attachment 127839.

A lot of conversion possibilities for He-Man figures too.
    This is a great idea.

Heck, I would just like to see some accessory packs that include armors, weapons, shields, boots, heads, hands, etc..

The mix 'n match feature of the Origins figures needs to be highlighted more by Mattel... it's such an underrated part of the line that could make it more appealing to kids and adults alike!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Anyone have an info on why EE has not posted wave 8 for preorder, or why BBTS is not putting the entire wave up, but rather individual figures?

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Also Raines View Post
    Anyone have an info on why EE has not posted wave 8 for preorder, or why BBTS is not putting the entire wave up, but rather individual figures?
    EE is usually a bit behind BBTS on posting pre-orders, but this has been a longer gap than usual.

Heroic Warrior
    BBTS has been weird like they refused to even acknowledge that the Deluxe He-man for Masterverse was Savage He-man with Orko and the secret Figures are Teela and Merman in wave 4 of Masterverse while they “wait for confirmation from Mattel” meaning… they get their order. They may be waiting to see if Sun-man is part of retail or the exclusive because they seem just as misinformed as Facebook MOTU fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon has Tri-Klops and Ninjor up for order now at $16.99. No ship date. Get them while you can!

Saw this at one Target today in an overflow aisle:

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    Saw this at one Target today in an overflow aisle:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a59d3b4250.jpg
    This is scary...

The only thing worse than not being able to find the MOTU figures you want, is seeing a gross, overabundance of them.

This particular location may not order as much (if any) new MOTU based on this scene.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is scary...

The only thing worse than not being able to find the MOTU figures you want, is seeing a gross, overabundance of them.

This particular location may not order as much (if any) new MOTU based on this scene.
    I think it is more a matter of faulty distribution and some areas getting more than they could ever sell while others get none.

Additionally, Target will flood a store with a product right around tax time and before planogram changes just to liquidate it. It was never intended that this store would sell through all these at regular price.

I saw this last year right before they put the Adam/Sky Sled on sale. My target had one or two, then suddenly had 25 on sale for $10 or whatever.

This is scary...

Product that was supposed to hit shelves around May/June finally hit towards the end of the year from that whole cargo ship fiasco. My targets are all loaded like that too, I’m guessing most people just bought them online and when they pass them in the aisles they don’t pick them up since they already have them
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Product that was supposed to hit shelves around May/June finally hit towards the end of the year from that whole cargo ship fiasco. My targets are all loaded like that too, I’m guessing most people just bought them online and when they pass them in the aisles they don’t pick them up since they already have them
    That too, yes.

It doesn't help, that alot if this stuff we seeing flooding the shelves are all the over priced stuff. That faker is not a $30+ figure.

Heroic Warrior
    This is scary...

It’s not scary.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Amazon has Tri-Klops and Ninjor up for order now at $16.99. No ship date. Get them while you can!
    Is that the Ninjor Eternia minis figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Audelay View Post
    Is that the Ninjor Eternia minis figure?
    No, they were the Origins figures. Both are sold out now, I believe.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    No, they were the Origins figures. Both are sold out now, I believe.
    Dang. Guess I'll hope for a restock.

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I think it is more a matter of faulty distribution and some areas getting more than they could ever sell while others get none.
    I think this seem more likely as I have hardly seen the Wind Raider anywhere near me.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/23/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I think this seem more likely as I have hardly seen the Wind Raider anywhere near me.
    I’m in south Atlanta, and I’ve seen the windraider a handful at times at retail. I’ve never seen Castle Grayskull at retail and I go shopping a lot. But Walmart.com, Target.com, and Amazon had for long time castle Grayskull available for MSRP. I’ve seen so many pictures especially before Christmas of people finding stacks of boxes of castle Grayskull but I’ve never even seen one at retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    I’m in south Atlanta, and I’ve seen the windraider a handful at times at retail. I’ve never seen Castle Grayskull at retail and I go shopping a lot. But Walmart.com, Target.com, and Amazon had for long time castle Grayskull available for MSRP. I’ve seen so many pictures especially before Christmas of people finding stacks of boxes of castle Grayskull but I’ve never even seen one at retail.
    I think I've see two or three Castle Grayskulls at retail. After I got one they just disappeared.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/23/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I think I've see two or three Castle Grayskulls at retail. After I got one they just disappeared.
    In my area, the Castle Grayskulls at Walmart were always in a completely different aisle than the figures. I always found them one aisle over with the Mega Construx stuff. At Target, they were always over with the playhouses, in between the DVD and book section and seasonal candy section. Again, never with the figures. I don’t think there has been one time in the last 6 months that I haven’t seen a stack of them at Target. I’m not sure if everyone is aware that they aren’t with the figures. I’m not saying they haven’t just sold out in your area, is this where you guys are looking though? It’s also possible that your store just didn’t get any. As far as the Wind Raider, I’ve yet to see one.
    Last edited by whakojacko; January 18, 2022 at 02:56pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    In my area, the Castle Grayskulls at Walmart were always in a completely different aisle than the figures. I always found them one aisle over with the Mega Construx stuff. At Target, they were always over with the playhouses, in between the DVD and book section and seasonal candy section. Again, never with the figures. I don’t think there has been one time in the last 6 months that I haven’t seen a stack of them at Target. I’m not sure if everyone is aware that they aren’t with the figures. I’m not saying they haven’t just sold out in your area, is this where you guys are looking though? It’s also possible that your store just didn’t get any. As far as the Wind Raider, I’ve yet to see one.
    Yes. I searched the mega construx aisles at my 4 Walmart, and At target I’ve always search the playhouses and small riding vehicles but No Castle Grayskull. I knew to search those areas because the people online who found them mentioned the aisle the castle Grayskull were located. I bought one last September online but I just wanted to see one in person at retail.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. I searched the mega construx aisles at my 4 Walmart, and At target I’ve always search the playhouses and small riding vehicles but No Castle Grayskull. I knew to search those areas because the people online who found them mentioned the aisle the castle Grayskull were located. I bought one last September online but I just wanted to see one in person at retail.
    Right. I still bring up the thing about their location at Walmart because I posted it back in May that that is where they were showing up but months later some people here said they missed it. I can definitely say they’ve been more prevalent at Target than Walmart. I think I only ever saw 1 at a time at Walmart.

Funny how things show up in some areas in great abundance but not at all in other areas. Last week was the 1st time I ever saw Ram Man and Clamp Champ at any Target since they’ve been released. Still no Wind Raider or Stridor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Right. I still bring up the thing about their location at Walmart because I posted it back in May that that is where they were showing up but months later some people here said they missed it. I can definitely say they’ve been more prevalent at Target than Walmart. I think I only ever saw 1 at a time at Walmart.

Funny how things show up in some areas in great abundance but not at all in other areas. Last week was the 1st time I ever saw Ram Man and Clamp Champ at any Target since they’ve been released. Still no Wind Raider or Stridor.
    yep distribution is uneven. I've seen Windraider a bunch of times usually at both walmart and Target. Last month I started to see Ram Man, Clamp Champ, and Mosquitor at Target again. I know months ago online some users were complaining about not being able to find Battle Armor He-Man and BA Skeletor while all 4 of the nearby Walmart around me literally had over a dozen of each.

But it is not just Masters of the Universe/Mattel. I also collect Transformers and BW Tigatron was first sighted at retail a couple months ago. At both Walmart and Target especially before Christmas I've seen so many Tigatron out - while some users said that their local retailers had none.

Heroic Warrior
    yep distribution is uneven. I've seen Windraider a bunch of times usually at both walmart and Target. Last month I started to see Ram Man, Clamp Champ, and Mosquitor at Target again. I know months ago online some users were complaining about not being able to find Battle Armor He-Man and BA Skeletor while all 4 of the nearby Walmart around me literally had over a dozen of each.

But it is not just Masters of the Universe/Mattel. I also collect Transformers and BW Tigatron was first sighted at retail a couple months ago. At both Walmart and Target especially before Christmas I've seen so many Tigatron out - while some users said that their local retailers had none.
    It’s also nothing new. I remember years ago when I was buying Justice League Unlimited figures that it seemed like everyone finding certain items from the line were all located in the Western half of the US. I agree about hoping to find things at retail but the way things have been going for the past several years…
    My “Plan A” used to be to grab everything at retail and if all else failed, go online. Preordering online has definitely become my “Plan A” and picking things up in store is now unfortunately “Plan B”.

Widget
    I just started collecting last week and have only been to my local Target. It's become clear to me after reading some forums like this one that I should get on pre-orders like I do for comic books (which fly off the [digital] shelves within hours/days and don't tend to come back any time soon, if ever).

This thread has been helpful to read, for sure. Just gotta figure out what waves I need to jump on and what figures I need to snag that might creep up in price over retail soon, I suppose.

Mattel should hire an employee per city, who guarantees and ensures that the product is in constant movement between the stores and markets of the city... First, guaranteeing that the different companies receive a varied product; that is to say: they are not going to send the same merchandise to each store, but each one is going to receive a varied product, and this advisor would be in charge of making the merchandise move between stores regardless of the company, in this way it guarantees that the product is accessible, attractive and varied for the consumer, and that it is not stuck in the warehouses for months, or put up for auction, thus the scalpers also run out of business, and that utility is left to the company. Plus Mattel could get plenty of volunteers who are willing to do the job for a couple of hours a week, and they might as well be paid in Mattel product, instead of money.

We live in a moment of time where you need to try diferent methods and innovate. Hope they don`t take the same route as always: that is to quite on their product, and never leaving time for it to grow instead.

- - - Updated - - -

You can even make a network of volunteers between cities who, digitally and in contact with the company, are reporting the status of sales, which characters are selling more, which ones need to be re-stocked, which ones need to be moved to other stores. , or to other cities, states or countries, and take advantage of the digital age, in this intelligent, innovative and captivating way, thus attracting the customer to the stores and acquiring the product in the old way, so as not to end up converting us into a completely , cold, inhuman and socially dead society
    Last edited by octavio; January 18, 2022 at 07:21pm.