Page 169 of 206 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5139

Thread: Origins: General News

Apparently people are saying that the Evil-lyn/Screech photo is a mock up/fan made and that really is the first Evil--lyn figure in the pic. So maybe we will actually get something different with her deco if it isn't real.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Apparently people are saying that the Evil-lyn/Screech photo is a mock up/fan made and that really is the first Evil--lyn figure in the pic. So maybe we will actually get something different with her deco if it isn't real.
    Yeah, the two-tone knife was a giveway. Origins weapons are all one color.

[QUOTE=Smitty.81;4004741]That extra $40 may cover some of their shipping and import fees. But I don't thing Wun-Darr will be that much of a mark up.

- - - Updated - - -

Taxes are on top of the $240 base price. I tried checking out and base price + taxes + lowest cost shipping = $285 cad

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah looked like it– looked exactly like the Classics knife.
    Reminds me of the first visuals we saw for the Palace Guard– quickly mocked up in Photoshop.

Who knows, we might even get some modified head for her 🤔
    But yes, definitely expecting something will change with her colors, at least slightly.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Yeah looked like it– looked exactly like the Classics knife.
    Reminds me of the first visuals we saw for the Palace Guard– quickly mocked up in Photoshop.

Who knows, we might even get some modified head for her 🤔
    But yes, definitely expecting something will change with her colors, at least slightly.
    A deeper yellow for the skin tone would be ideal.
    A new head with sort of a smug look like the 200x mini bust would be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    A deeper yellow for the skin tone would be ideal.
    A new head with sort of a smug look like the 200x mini bust would be good too.
    An unhelmeted spare head would be great!

Wonderful, now Wun-Dar or Grizzlor or any single carded figures on Mattel Creations will cost 38€!!! 28€ the figure and 10€ shipping.

The 4 he-man set cost 230€ plus 10€ shipping.

The figures like sunman "special packaging" cost a whopping 56€!!! With shipping. 46€ the figure plus 10€ shipping.

It says taxes are included. Taxes are around 19%.
    Fantastic how Mattel threats their international fan base....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Wonderful, now Wun-Dar or Grizzlor or any single carded figures on Mattel Creations will cost 38€!!! 28€ the figure and 10€ shipping.

The figures like sunman "special packaging" cost a whopping 56€!!! With shipping. 46€ the figure plus 10€ shipping.

I've emailed them regarding UK sales but goodness knows if they'll ever reply. It is just about the dumbest move they could have made with international buyers. Nobody would have minded if there had been price parity but they're just gouging by the look of it.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    I placed an order yesterday with Mattel Creations, I'm based in Australia, and the price was USD.

Sorry to hear that a lot of international fans have to now pay a whole lot extra because of their local currency change. It's frigging absurd what they're now asking.

Lol, they are applying a 1,5 €/$ exchange rate
    What a ripoff!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    Anyone else waiting on their He-Man 4 pack to ship? They took their money but I have not received confirmation that they shipped
    Mine has not shipped but, Mattel is notorious for not letting you know it has shipped. So, who knows. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post

Right now I still see 150$ for the four pack. What the f is going on?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Right now I still see 150$ for the four pack. What the f is going on?
    The geo configuration on the site is poor. It is very easy to get the standard US URL instead of the dedicated ones and so see US prices. But when you go to checkout they will automatically adjust for the country to ship to.

The UK price is now down to £200, a £10 drop so I'm not sure what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    Anyone else waiting on their He-Man 4 pack to ship? They took their money but I have not received confirmation that they shipped
    I'm still waiting but I have a label created according to FedEx's advanced tracking.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

Well, as soon as I say something...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/25/2022

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but when will Wun-Dar be sold on Mattel Creations?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but when will Wun-Dar be sold on Mattel Creations?
    Next week 28-30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heroic Warrior
    Found on clearance Ram-man, Mosquitor, and Clamp Champ for $6.59 each at Target today.
    Last edited by Powersword123; September 23, 2022 at 08:11pm.

My 4 pack shipped today
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    This has happened with every Mattel Creations purchase I've made. And Facebook groups are seeing a lot of similar posts from around the world.

Do US buyers get a tracking number in the shipment email and/or on the order listing on the site?
    Well it’s been more than a week since I emailed Mattel for the tracking number and I’ve not received any reply yet. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak’s Emissary View Post
    Well it’s been more than a week since I emailed Mattel for the tracking number and I’ve not received any reply yet. How about you?
    Emailing them doesn't always work, trust me... Call them, it's a lot faster. I've done that with other older orders I've placed with them, and also I've asked them to send me the tracking numbers for each unit they send, and so far they've managed to do so without issues...
    Creativity is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Yep, 38€ for international fans. Mattel has become scalpers themselves.

Mattel is selling standard origins figures now for 28€ (anti Eternia he-man plus 10€ shipping). It's ridiculous, the figures come directly from Mattel, they're missing the third party retailer. So the price doesn't make any sense. Bbts, Amazon, EE etc are getting the figures for much cheaper so they can sell at 16-18 $. So why is Mattel scalping so much? Taxes are around 19%.
    If they'd sell on Mattel for the price they sell to retailers plus taxes, then the figures would still cost around 18-20€ tops!!

I'm starting to detest Mattel each day more. Their whole treatment with fans, communication and distribution of Origins is just "I couldn't care less".

Ridiculous @Mattel

Thats 480$ right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Emailing them doesn't always work, trust me... Call them, it's a lot faster. I've done that with other older orders I've placed with them, and also I've asked them to send me the tracking numbers for each unit they send, and so far they've managed to do so without issues...
    Alternatively try @ing the MastersOfficial Twitter account. I was able to get my tracking number from them without the cost of an international call.

- - - Updated - - -

International prices continue to yo-yo on Mattel Creations. The four pack is back to £210 (and other prices similarly fluctuate) with no explanation in sight.

They're also now offering absurdly fast times as follows:

Standard Courier 1 to 3 business days £9.00
    Express Courier (Air) 1 to 2 business days £17.00

I cannot believe these times given how long international MC packages currently take - on my latest it's taken six working days (*) from getting the "Your order is on the way" email to "Departure from office of exchange" and every single one seems to sit for days on end in Cheektowaga without moving. There is no way an international courier could get anything here that fast.

(* Okay we had a very short notice bank holiday in the UK last Monday but the package was still in the US.)

And it's doubtful this has anything to do with shipping. The Hot Wheels RLC membership has risen by about 50-60% for buyers in these countries. That's a digital membership (and filter on buying drops) with nothing different for international customers.

Worryingly this is going to give scalpers in other countries a new lease of life if they can offer the goods to here at a cheaper rate than Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    Alternatively try @ing the MastersOfficial Twitter account. I was able to get my tracking number from them without the cost of an international call.

- - - Updated - - -

International prices continue to yo-yo on Mattel Creations. The four pack is back to £210 (and other prices similarly fluctuate) with no explanation in sight.

They're also now offering absurdly fast times as follows:

Standard Courier 1 to 3 business days £9.00
    Express Courier (Air) 1 to 2 business days £17.00

I cannot believe these times given how long international MC packages currently take - on my latest it's taken six working days (*) from getting the "Your order is on the way" email to "Departure from office of exchange" and every single one seems to sit for days on end in Cheektowaga without moving. There is no way an international courier could get anything here that fast.

(* Okay we had a very short notice bank holiday in the UK last Monday but the package was still in the US.)

And it's doubtful this has anything to do with shipping. The Hot Wheels RLC membership has risen by about 50-60% for buyers in these countries. That's a digital membership (and filter on buying drops) with nothing different for international customers.

Worryingly this is going to give scalpers in other countries a new lease of life if they can offer the goods to here at a cheaper rate than Mattel.
    They really need to sort this out before Wun-Dar hits. And going forward those people who bought multiples will be buying far less, even scalpers will buy less, and Mattel will have shot themselves in the foot yet again but potentially fatally for Creations sales.