Page 259 of 361 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 9003

Thread: Origins: General News

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Thank you for your reply, it's always good to know there are some people out there are still willing to spend that much money just to enjoy the actual toy and aren't afraid to open them up!
    I've never even considered doing anything else

I know that there are Transformers collectors out there that would be shocked by the way I paid a few hundred dollars to get Animated Blackout in order to finish my collection, then opened it, tossed the box in the bin, and fiddled with it the same way I fiddled with Bumblebee. I opened and played with Unicron, and I sure as hell am going to open and play with Eternia when it arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

I know that there are Transformers collectors out there that would be shocked by the way I paid a few hundred dollars to get Animated Blackout in order to finish my collection, then opened it, tossed the box in the bin, and fiddled with it the same way I fiddled with Bumblebee. I opened and played with Unicron, and I sure as hell am going to open and play with Eternia when it arrives!
    You're good people.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Masters of the Smittyverse!
    Last update 9/23/2023

Gimmicks can be part of the toy, accessories are part of the toy, even box can be part of the toy, but not pricetag. That thing is just something you have get trough to get your toy. It's not the reason you own it.

He-Skeletor's name is a cherry pit on top of his melted sundae. It's unfitting and doesn't roll of the tongue. I'm literally just curious about the comic. Will they somehow compress Masters of Multiverse into 10 pages? Or are we not fighting Anti-Eternia He-Man but doing something else? Still, I think it would be great opportunity to put He-Man 4-pack into comic.

Yeah I know they didn't got his design 100% correctly with those crossbones (looks like they dropped white hair streaks too) but I'm honestly not bothered. Kol-Darr was not 1 to 1 either. Think about it like toy adjusted design, the way Filmation didn't make their designs accurate to toys. I mean, I can't get mad because "He-Skeletor" is incredibly lackluster design anyway. He would be a repaint with one minor difference. If he had Skeletor's skirt, leather shoulder stripes, maybe some Havok stuff imagery in his sword that would be worth it but if emblem is all that separates him from He-Man then I don't see it as hill worth dying on.

Out of curiosity, assuming if you had to spend that much money on the Dupli-Cat set, would you open it or keep it sealed?!
    I got mine on Mattelcreations and opened it right away. At 600$ I would probably keep it sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ka Rot-Top View Post
    I agree, He-Skeletor is a strange name. I need to go back and reread the Masters of the Multiverse comics. It would have been cooler if they retooled the harness to have the crossbones in the center like the Multiverse comic rather than He-Man's symbol, but we'll have to see what his pack-in comic reveals... other than Shai-Hulud from Dune shown on the cover! And were all the other Mattel Creations Exclusives limited to 2 per customer? I don't remember.
    Maybe such a lazy repaint is a sign of Origins slowly coming to an end, which doesnt have to be a bad thing.

He-Skeletor from the comic would have needed a different harness and headsculpt imho. Ironically the first Origins He-Man head would have worked nicely.

Let's face it, the reason Anti-Keldor is made at all is to sell a toy without zero effort and minimal costs. Let him keep the stupid harness so they can make Extendar, Reptilax, Octavia or other cool toy with that budget instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post

Maybe such a lazy repaint is a sign of Origins slowly coming to an end, which doesnt have to be a bad thing.

https://i.ibb.co/XyB7Pdy/he-skeletor.png

Finish vintage figures, throw in Lord Gr'Asp, Terroar, Plasmar, Strobo, He-Ro, Eldor, Tytus and Megator and I'll live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Let's face it, the reason Anti-Keldor is made at all is to sell a toy without zero effort and minimal costs. Let him keep the stupid harness so they can make Extendar, Reptilax, Octavia or other cool toy with that budget instead.

Finish vintage figures, throw in Lord Gr'Asp, Terroar, Plasmar, Strobo, He-Ro, Eldor, Tytus and Megator and I'll live with that.
    I'd add Karg, Sharella , the 3 Horde women and Catra to your list.
    I mean, those are figures that weren't made on the 80s but they should have been mde (In case of Sharella, they had made a prototype to go with Keldor's and He-Ro's)

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    And Gygor.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon has Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Snake Face available to order, releasing May 13th:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSMMCTDW
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSMZ8BNN
    Last edited by anytimepally; April 7, 2023 at 10:15am.

[…]
    […]
    Eh, they literally have done this since the beginning.
    Think 200X Evil-Lyn, MC Stratos, …
    Meanwhile, we got numerous new parts for 200X Randor, 200X Skeletor and He-Man… Even Snake Teela has a new upper body.

The line *will* end. But I feel it’s still hard to tell when.

It'll end eventually, but this year clearly isn't it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    This, exactly.
    Check out my current ebay auctions for loose complete 200X Teela, MOC Origins Lords Of Power Mer-Man, MIB ReAction He-Man/Battle Cat & Skeletor/Panthor sets and more!
    https://www.ebay.com/usr/pointdread?...75.m3561.l2559

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Meanwhile, we got numerous new parts for 200X Randor, 200X Skeletor and He-Man… Even Snake Teela has a new upper body.

The line *will* end. But I feel it’s still hard to tell when.
    Also Snake Teela has new boots and most of the Snakemen are 99% new parts.
    Last update 9/23/2023

Thank you for your reply, it's always good to know there are some people out there are still willing to spend that much money just to enjoy the actual toy and aren't afraid to open them up!

I do usually treat my collection the same you do when I buy them, so eventually I'd like to build dioramas and such. But since I've started accumulating more than I can actually handle, I stated to think of the extras and the unopened copies as little investments for my future must buys...
    For example I have extra copies of almost my entire MOTU Classics collection that I'm willing to get rid of now after investing in Origins, and now I'm more conscious about what I need to buy and what I'd keep to enjoy... If my intention is to buy something just to keep sealed, that's because I wanna use that money for future toy investments.

And BTW, hoarding unopened toys just for the sake of hoarding is never fun and it's a psychological problem for those who practice it, IMHO!
    Duplicat is one of two figures from this line I don't have (outside of Duplico), with the other being the initial He-man/Adam 2-pack. I know I won't be getting either for under $200 each, but that won't stop me from opening them both. Of course, I am also a MOC collector, so I will actually have to get a second copy of each one. My wallet is crying at the thought...

Heroic Warrior
    Origins isn't ending for at least a couple of years if it can successfully knock out a wave of deep cuts/200X. There's plenty more where that came from and you could give every other wave an army builder if it came to it - multiple snake soldiers ala Classics, hoverbots, Skelcons, Horde Trooper variants, Palace Guard variants... then there's mini comic versions of early wave characters that folks who missed out AND the faithful will want. There's every suggestion we're getting New Adventures too. If they've any sense they'll change up the colours and slap Filmation heads on existing molds as well.

I think because Mattel are historically so useless with MOTU that people believe Origins (and indeed Masterverse) are perpetually circling the drain just so they don't get truly disappointed when it eventually happens! But you have to take the wider view, one that includes 3 playsets when conventional wisdom says they don't happen now, yet also includes toy sales being down billions across the board... the point is adults now drive the market in a way they didn't circa 200X, never mind the 80s and 90s. Hasbro and Mattel have no choice but to cater to us for as long as possible - we're the only 'kids' who can afford it!

Heroic Warrior
    Just an FYI: WalMarts here in South Louisiana are discounting flocked Pathor down to $7. I suspect the same is happening nationally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kentNelson View Post
    I'd add Karg, Sharella , the 3 Horde women and Catra to your list.
    I mean, those are figures that weren't made on the 80s but they should have been mde (In case of Sharella, they had made a prototype to go with Keldor's and He-Ro's)
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    And Gygor.
    Why Catra isn't listed with other Horde women? I'm guessing you mean Shadow Weaver, Scorpia andddd either Entrapta or Octavia. Really both of them would be good. And at this point you could add Imp. Admitedlly it would be odd to have so many She-Ra characters without her allies.

Those are all good additions but we're snowballing a bit here. One might as well keep going and add e.g. Fearless Photog.

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Just an FYI: WalMarts here in South Louisiana are discounting flocked Pathor down to $7. I suspect the same is happening nationally.

Nope mine went as low as $14

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

That's the true toy spirit if you ask me...
    I'm mainly a LEGO guy, and you if look around some of the themes, you'd know how expensive it could get with that medium, but I'd enjoy the sets anyways and even use those pieces for my own creations and concepts!

- - - Updated - - -

I got mine on Mattelcreations and opened it right away. At 600$ I would probably keep it sealed.
    Lucky you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZexisStryfe View Post
    Duplicat is one of two figures from this line I don't have (outside of Duplico), with the other being the initial He-man/Adam 2-pack. I know I won't be getting either for under $200 each, but that won't stop me from opening them both. Of course, I am also a MOC collector, so I will actually have to get a second copy of each one. My wallet is crying at the thought...
    I'm glad to hear that, toys should be enjoyed first, other than just being in their packagings just to look at.
    If someone can afford doing both and the space for it, that's great too, as long as it doesn't become a hoarding disease!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy Skeletor View Post
    Origins isn't ending for at least a couple of years if it can successfully knock out a wave of deep cuts/200X. There's plenty more where that came from and you could give every other wave an army builder if it came to it - multiple snake soldiers ala Classics, hoverbots, Skelcons, Horde Trooper variants, Palace Guard variants... then there's mini comic versions of early wave characters that folks who missed out AND the faithful will want. There's every suggestion we're getting New Adventures too. If they've any sense they'll change up the colours and slap Filmation heads on existing molds as well.

I think because Mattel are historically so useless with MOTU that people believe Origins (and indeed Masterverse) are perpetually circling the drain just so they don't get truly disappointed when it eventually happens! But you have to take the wider view, one that includes 3 playsets when conventional wisdom says they don't happen now, yet also includes toy sales being down billions across the board... the point is adults now drive the market in a way they didn't circa 200X, never mind the 80s and 90s. Hasbro and Mattel have no choice but to cater to us for as long as possible - we're the only 'kids' who can afford it!
    I think Mattel should treat MOTU with care and love, and not just a property to juice out money from at the moment!... For any property to succeed and to have a wider appeal, it needs constant investments, research, development and a great PR, and eventually it will reap back its benefits.
    MOTU is one of those unique 80's properties that could grow massively if done right. It combines sword and sorcery, technology, giant physique, fantasy and sci-fi elements with constant conflicts and battles between its factions, and this is one of the best recipes for a successful adventure based IP for kids and adults to enjoy through out many generations.
    Creativity is addictive.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Just spoke with someone at Mattel Creations about Frog Monger. She said the order was just received at the warehouse and would be processed for shipping soon. That's promising. I asked her when i should call again if I don't hear something about the order shipping (you never know if they are just saying this sort of thing to get you off the phone). She said a week.

Hopefully those late Frog Mongers will be showing up soon.

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Nope mine went as low as $14
    I picked uo one yesterday for $10
    BTW my dark Lyn showed up today, I'm not crazy about the packaging without a window. The artwork is nice though.

I was surprised to learn there is so much disdain among collectors for those who collect mint in box. The packaging of Origins toys and figures are half the awesomeness to me. How can one like the artwork and the designs of toy packaging and then just trash (recycle) it? It's actually very easy to open vehicles and figures without destroying the package, especially with Masterverse because it's just one or two pieces of tape! I buy two of each Origins release because they're cheaper, one to open and one to display in package. But even Origins figures can be opened without destroying the package: just slice both sides of the plastic bubble halfway up with a razor blade and then slice the center bottom of the bubble, squeeze the sides and pull out the inner tray with the figure, then squeeze again to put it back in. I open, "play with" and display toys and figures back in the package all the time. I display stuff opened and in package. It's all about having lots of shelves and pegboards. My collection looks like both a toy store AND a toy room!

toys 1.jpgtoys 2.jpgAttachment 130109toys 4.jpgtoy 5.jpgtoy 6.jpgAttachment 130114

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    BTW my dark Lyn showed up today, I'm not crazy about the packaging without a window. The artwork is nice though.
    I'm not a fan of windowless packaging either. Surely, Dark Lyn was just a one off.

Heroic Warrior
    How can one like the artwork and the designs of toy packaging and then just trash (recycle) it? It's actually very easy to open vehicles and figures without destroying the package, especially with Masterverse because it's just one or two pieces of tape! I buy two of each Origins release ... I open, "play with" and display toys and figures back in the package all the time. I display stuff opened and in package. It's all about having lots of shelves and pegboards. My collection looks like both a toy store AND a toy room!
    And that's precisely why I don't keep the packaging - look at how much space it requires. Also, although I might be willing to shell out irritatingly large quantities for hard-to-acquire toys, I'm not paying twice for anything - I don't need or want two of each, nor that expense.

I find the art endlessly fascinating, but I'm not stockpiling what, to me, is rubbish. I will happily buy a nice big book of it, though (and until that book is printed, locate digital copies of the art).

Different people want different things out of their hobbies. Shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Hasbro just announced that they are going back to windows on their packages.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last update 9/23/2023

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Can I finally have this fellow, now?

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...-jpg.29492792/
    I was upset day one that he didn’t win. I KNEW we’d get a Tri-Klops in the line but was fairly certain we would never see Anti-Eternia Keldor if he did not win the fan vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    I was upset day one that he didn’t win. I KNEW we’d get a Tri-Klops in the line but was fairly certain we would never see Anti-Eternia Keldor if he did not win the fan vote.
    Yep. And it's likely that the glut of those darned Keldor and Kronis 2-packs did not help.

Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yep. And it's likely that the glut of those darned Keldor and Kronis 2-packs did not help.

Yeah, I think the scalpers in the beginning played a big roll with that fiasco... At least now we're getting two versions of Keldor (?), that if He-Skeletor doesn't sell out in a few minutes!

Also, I hope the upcoming (leaked) 200X Trap-Jaw comes as a deluxe figure with an extra and a much better version of that Kronis head!
    Creativity is addictive.

I was surprised to learn there is so much disdain among collectors for those who collect mint in box. The packaging of Origins toys and figures are half the awesomeness to me. How can one like the artwork and the designs of toy packaging and then just trash (recycle) it? It's actually very easy to open vehicles and figures without destroying the package, especially with Masterverse because it's just one or two pieces of tape! I buy two of each Origins release because they're cheaper, one to open and one to display in package. But even Origins figures can be opened without destroying the package: just slice both sides of the plastic bubble halfway up with a razor blade and then slice the center bottom of the bubble, squeeze the sides and pull out the inner tray with the figure, then squeeze again to put it back in. I open, "play with" and display toys and figures back in the package all the time. I display stuff opened and in package. It's all about having lots of shelves and pegboards. My collection looks like both a toy store AND a toy room!

- - - Updated - - -
    I'm not a fan of windowless packaging either. Surely, Dark Lyn was just a one off.
    I with you. I love to play with them so I have to open them but, the artist and designer in me loves the packaging almost as much! I buy 2 of all origins(more for a few) and 1 of each Masterverse. And yeah, I’m hoping Lyn was a one-off.

Btw, amazing collection!!!