Page 84 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 3414

Thread: Origins: General News

Honestly, allowing 5 per customer on a limited edition item is begging for scalpers to take away from collectors. I could get behind 2 per customer for those that want one MOC and one to open but 5..

Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Honestly, allowing 5 per customer on a limited edition item is begging for scalpers to take away from collectors. I could get behind 2 per customer for those that want one MOC and one to open but 5..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...05a8d3159c.jpg
    It's fewer than Mini Comic Tri-Klops. When he was first available, the limit was 7. The few subsequent times he's been available, the limit has been 2.

Heroic Warrior
    So can anyone order Kol Darr? I remember hearing that Mattel Creations has a system where you have to buy a membership for the right to add these to your cart.
    I bought the Powecon exclusives from Mattel's website without a membership, but I could swear I heard a lot about this being required for Kol Darr and Wun-Dar.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    So can anyone order Kol Darr? I remember hearing that Mattel Creations has a system where you have to buy a membership for the right to add these to your cart.
    I bought the Powecon exclusives from Mattel's website without a membership, but I could swear I heard a lot about this being required for Kol Darr and Wun-Dar.
    Only Hot Wheels and Barbie have memberships.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Likely deleted because they were 100% there.

Let me check if I have these on my old phone because I'm certain I saved them there.

*Edit*

Yep! The repainted Snake Hsss character was named Prince Hydrus, the Tung Lashor repaint named Toxoid, another character named Forestor, and the Wizard character's name is Warlok .

I don't know why they were removed, but one million percent these were up before. If they were taken down though, I'm not sure if I should show these if there are legal issues involved.
    Pmed you when you get a chance check it

Heroic Warrior
    What time will Kol Darr be going on sale tomorrow?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Thank you! That's a relief. I'd hate to try to put Kol Darr in my cart on Mattel's website at Noon Eastern tomorrow only to find out I needed a membership and they sell out while I'm racing to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    What time will Kol Darr be going on sale tomorrow?
    12 PM EST. There is a countdown clock on the main MOTU page of Mattel Creations.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Man, the fact that Snake Men don't have any vehicles or accessories of their own really makes it hard to see them as equal faction in the grand scheme of things.
    Hmm... Anyone up for Snake Man-At-Arms to be followed by snake coloured repaints of heroic vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Also, once Sy-Klone is done, they'd have all the parts for Strobo, so I'd like to see him as well.
    Of the unproduced all recycled tooling figures from 1988, Slamurai could be made up entirely from already released figures' tools. The following releases would be needed to get the other five's full st of parts into the tool bank:

Strobo needs
    * Sy-Klone

The Snake Trooper needs
    * Rattlor
    * King Hiss
    * Blast-Attak's axe
    (Plus a convincing narrative that works over just six pages in picture only form to explain why they've got the Horde symbol on their chest. And a distribution model that recognises their potential as army builders.)

Terroar needs
    * Whiplash (already tooled)
    * Rattlor
    * The standard Snake-Men staff

Plasmar needs
    * He-Ro
    * Rio-Blast
    * Sssqueeze

Lord Gr'asp needs
    * Sssqueeze
    * King Hiss's shield

That will be fun given their latest Barbie release is attracting media attention that may push up attempted sales.
    I'm a little curious about the Hot Wheels membership as some of the items on there have membership listed on the page (e.g. the Batmobile) but others don't (e.g. the MOTU character car set). Is it only the former ones that require membership in hand or would adding the latter trigger off check out problems?

Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post

Hmm... Anyone up for Snake Man-At-Arms to be followed by snake coloured repaints of heroic vehicles?
    I like it, shades of G.I. Joe's Python Patrol. Maybe a bit of retooling to replace some of the animal "heads" with snakes.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Heroic Warrior
    So, how does this Mattel Creations thing work in practical terms?

This will be available from 2 am my time. Is it going to sell out entirely in a matter of hours or even minutes? Or can I wait until a civilised time tomorrow to place an order?

I guess there's another vehicle / beast option for when they've run out of vintage items to re-produce - his winged horse.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

This will be available from 2 am my time. Is it going to sell out entirely in a matter of hours or even minutes? Or can I wait until a civilised time tomorrow to place an order?

I guess there's another vehicle / beast option for when they've run out of vintage items to re-produce - his winged horse.
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops lasted for around 20 minutes (with a slightly higher limit per person), so I would not recommend waiting.

Yeah with Mattel Creations drops, especially with MOTU, it is in your best interests to set that alarm.

Heroic Warrior
    Man Kol Darr looks cool, hope I can pick him up!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops lasted for around 20 minutes (with a slightly higher limit per person), so I would not recommend waiting.

Any have any idea why, when it is this far out from delivery, this is not a made-to-order thing?

Any have any idea why, when it is this far out from delivery, this is not a made-to-order thing?
    It usually takes 12 to 16 months to design the new parts, have molds cut, and work them into the factory's schedule. If the ship date is this August, Mattel already has them in-hand.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm just noticing that Kol Darr's armor looks almost exactly like Goat Man's....
    If they did like the Golden Book and just paint the black stripes on rather than having them raised like Classics did, they could reuse it with no new tooling.

That would drive the cost way up. The Transformers Collectors Club use to do that and their made to order subscription service got you six figures for one year for about $300 so if you want a $60 Koldar and a $80 MC deluxe figures and about a year wait time form order until you get your toys then made to order is the way to go!
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

That limit 5 is ominous. I hope they made enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamug View Post
    I'm just noticing that Kol Darr's armor looks almost exactly like Goat Man's....
    If they did like the Golden Book and just paint the black stripes on rather than having them raised like Classics did, they could reuse it with no new tooling.
    i like your line of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    That limit 5 is ominous. I hope they made enough.
    MC Tri-Klops lasted about half an hour initially and had a higher limit, I think. I don't see this guy selling out that quickly. He's a pretty deep cut character, and I've seen several people saying they are passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    MC Tri-Klops lasted about half an hour initially and had a higher limit, I think. I don't see this guy selling out that quickly. He's a pretty deep cut character, and I've seen several people saying they are passing.
    Yeah the first drop of Tri-Klops was like a limit of seven. The second drop was decreased to a limit of two.

Yeah the first drop of Tri-Klops was like a limit of seven. The second drop was decreased to a limit of two.
    Ok thanks, that's what I was remembering. I remembered 2 - but it was the second run.

- - - Updated - - -

Great to hear that, thanks! I actually don't think he looks that great - the armor is a bit cheap looking to me. He's the plainest looking figure since the first Origins Mer-man. But I'm getting him anyways, hopefully.

Agreed. Tri-Klops is a core evil warrior, and that variant figure was based on his vintage mini comic appearance that had been demanded for decades (even though they screwed up the colours). Kol-Darr is super obscure. A lot of people have no idea who he even is. I'm still really surprised that out of all the awesome Filmation created characters that Mattel chose to go with this guy first. I wonder what the thinking was behind that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Great to hear that, thanks! I actually don't think he looks that great - the armor is a bit cheap looking to me. He's the plainest looking figure since the first Origins Mer-man. But I'm getting him anyways, hopefully.
    His armour and helmet seem too light. In the show they had a more muted gold colour, not bright yellow like the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Agreed. Tri-Klops is a core evil warrior, and that variant figure was based on his vintage mini comic appearance that had been demanded for decades (even though they screwed up the colours). Kol-Darr is super obscure. A lot of people have no idea who he even is. I'm still really surprised that out of all the awesome Filmation created characters that Mattel chose to go with this guy first. I wonder what the thinking was behind that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

His armour and helmet seem too light. In the show they had a more muted gold colour, not bright yellow like the figure.
    Agreed about the choice being an obscure one. So many other characters I'd like to see before him, but I'll take it. Hopefully it's not the last. I really want Shikoti and Melaktha. I have the Classics Shikoti, but would love her in 5.5 scale.