Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Legacy

Transformers Legacy

New Generations line more info here: https://www.ign.com/articles/new-tra...nced-by-hasbro
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Here's the entire line up.

https://tformers.com/massive-leaked-...3450/news.html

Nice to see that they are continuing the Beast Wars figures. I really want to get at the very least new figures of the entire season 1 cast. Voyager Inferno and the Deluxe Tarantulas is just what I wanted. Leader Dragon Megs...WHOAH!! New Stunticons with the Commander Class reported to be Motormaster, Insections, Blaster, Jhiaxus, Leader Blitzwing,...oh yeah!

Kind of glad there is some stuff I'll probably skip over. WFC was really bad on my wallet.

But we already have a voyager class Inferno
    WFC-Kingdom_Voyager_Inferno.jpg

WOW that is a pretty amazing line up of new figures.

Hopefully we get a nice rendition of the Insections and Blaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Hopefullt Blaster isn't just a retool of Soundwave.

It's pretty cool they are making Pointblank. I don't they have ever made him since his original release.

I like the fact that it's a generations line that seems willing to include none G1 stuff.

Between them WFC and Studios pretty much gave us the perfect modernisation of the G1 designs, so I think if there's anytime to move beyond them, it's know.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I like the fact that it's a generations line that seems willing to include none G1 stuff.

Between them WFC and Studios pretty much gave us the perfect modernisation of the G1 designs, so I think if there's anytime to move beyond them, it's know.
    Hasbro tried doing non-G1 stuff before in Generations and the Thrilling 30th and the non-G1 stuff shelf-warmed hard. G1 is what sells. Like it or not. It's never going to go away. I'm happy to see non-G1 stuff, don't get me wrong, but to completely move away from it would be ludicrous. I am glad they are making the Prime characters more G1-ish. That's something I've wanted for years. Now we need some Animated characters like a commander class Lugnut, Oil Slick, and Megatron in this same style.
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 22, 2021 at 03:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Hasbro tried doing non-G1 stuff before in Generations and the Thrilling 30th and the non-G1 stuff shelf-warmed hard. G1 is what sells. Like it or not. It's never going to go away. I'm happy to see non-G1 stuff, don't get me wrong, but to completely move away from it would be suicide.
    I think stuff like Prime and Unicron Trilogy characters would sell decently enough. I can certainly see why Bulkhead was one of the first they revealed.

And I never said I wanted a line with no G1 stuff, just one that is decent mix, which this line looks to be.

They reveled Kickback today also pre orders up: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/searc...g&utm_content=

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    They reveled Kickback today also pre orders up: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/searc...g&utm_content=
    Ahh you beat me to it. I just came here to post that
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Hopefullt Blaster isn't just a retool of Soundwave.
    But if there's one thing about Hasbro....

Honestly, I think they will make Blaster different enough that collectors would come to appreciate the figure.

Honestly, I think they will make Blaster different enough that collectors would come to appreciate the figure.
    I hope so. I don't there has ever been a really good Blaster figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    It looks really nice in that colour scheme.

- - - Updated - - -

Blaster.
    https://tformers.com/43560?fbclid=Iw...zgmmfRkvW9NOss

Seems to be a ER Soundwave retool but I have no real issue with what I'm seeing. Eject is also a nice bonus

I'm very curious over how the combing aspects will be for the Stunticons. I heard that Motormaster will be the cab and come with a trailer that transforms into a base. Then the trailer converts around the cab as Menasor. The other four Stunticons then slot into the sections on Menasor, kind of like the animated show.

So this is cool and all, but I'm happy with my Combiner Wars Menasor.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I'm very curious over how the combing aspects will be for the Stunticons. I heard that Motormaster will be the cab and come with a trailer that transforms into a base. Then the trailer converts around the cab as Menasor. The other four Stunticons then slot into the sections on Menasor, kind of like the animated show.

So this is cool and all, but I'm happy with my Combiner Wars Menasor.
    I hated Combiner Wars Menasor....in fact most of the Combiner Wars combiners.

Really excited about this new Menasor. Menasor was the only combiner team I managed to complete growing up.

I hated Combiner Wars Menasor....in fact most of the Combiner Wars combiners.

Really excited about this new Menasor. Menasor was the only combiner team I managed to complete growing up.
    TBH I like combiner Wars Devastator.

TBH I like combiner Wars Devastator.
    Devastator and Predaking were the best.

Nice! I don't have a Blaster figure so this will be a buy for me.

Nice! I don't have a Blaster figure so this will be a buy for me.
    Oddly enough out of all the Transformers I have owned I don't think I have ever actually owned any figure of Blaster.

Devastator and Predaking were the best.
    I think what makes them work is that they are actually giants compared to the other Transformer figures, for the other combiner war figures, the combined form merely being bigger than average always felt super underwhelming.

It's a shame we never got any Autobot combiners in the vain the CW Devestator and PoP Predaking.

I think what makes them work is that they are actually giants compared to the other Transformer figures, for the other combiner war figures, the combined form merely being bigger than average always felt super underwhelming.

It's a shame we never got any Autobot combiners in the vain the CW Devestator and PoP Predaking.
    I really wasn't keen on the overall proportions of the standard CW combiners. Aside from being so much bigger I think the more unique looks of those figures really improved them over the other combiners.
    I really wish all of the combiners had been done like Devastator and Predaking.

Predaking's combined form was great but the individual bots were pathetic. Those animal modes were complete garbage. The fact that the KO was better in every way made the official one just sad.

I was so happy I jumped on the MMC Feral Rex when I had the chance. IMO a good combiner has a great combined mode and good individual robots. Feral Rex does that.

The new Laser Prime is sad. They over-complicated the torso with the arms on the truck's back for some weird reason & the legs are just recycled Siege Prime legs. The trailer feels like an undersized KO of the Fans Hobby G2 trailer & again, they're selling a voyager with a hollow box as a leader class. Plus more shoving the axe weapon on us even though he used it for all of 2 minutes in the fiction. I'm glad I have the Fans Hobby version.

Bulkhead is an obvious setup to reuse the mold, doesn't much look like Bulkhead & the sculptor pulled a Tyson Hesse "explanation" to defend getting it wrong.

Prime Arcee is pointless when better molds already existed.

Skids is probably the best.

Dragstrip looks good but word is Motormaster will pull that lame 3P stunt with the trailer being 95% of Menasor's body with some aesthetic bits stuck on. The "toy detail bad, Sunbow good" crowd will love it because everything has to look like a badly-drawn 80s budget cartoon now. Boldforms Lonewolf had the right idea to do Motoermaster & it's not like scale even really exists in this brand.

Kickback's design is worse than the TR legends. It's using the robot arms as legs, they're bulky & look terrible. TR's arms to legs setup was better.

Blaster looks nice, Eject reeks of "we'll sell you the real version later" but there are similar-sized 3P versions that sell for a similar price, so was it necessary?