Thread: DC Animated Movies 2022

DC Animated Movies 2022

It looks like we will be treated to a LOT of amazing and awesome DC animated content next year in 2022, starting on February 8 with Catwoman Hunted!

*The film follows Catwoman as she attempts to steal a priceless jewel. The heist puts her squarely in the crosshairs of both a powerful consortium of villains and the ever-resourceful Interpol as well as Batwoman.*

Plus a couple of other animated movies will be Green Lantern: Beware My Power and Battle Of The Super Sons.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The Catwoman movie looks aweosme.

Heroic Warrior
    I read from Greg Wiesman's wiki that he wrote the Catwoman movie, and that a 'version' of it is canon with Young Justice

I would love to see a solo Batgirl movie one day too.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I read from Greg Wiesman's wiki that he wrote the Catwoman movie, and that a 'version' of it is canon with Young Justice
    The first two season of Young Justice were good.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The first two season of Young Justice were good.
    Not a fan of the last two?

I wasn't. I don't think the Outsiders were nearly interesting enough to carry a season and this season, so far, is even worse. I think they overestimated how much people care about the Martians.

Season 1 started off a little rough, but quickly found its feet. Season 2 was outstanding.

No, season 3 seemed like a completely different show. Young Justice in name only.

Hopefully seaon 4 is a lot better than season 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Season 1 started off a little rough, but quickly found its feet. Season 2 was outstanding.
    I completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I wasn't. I don't think the Outsiders were nearly interesting enough to carry a season and this season, so far, is even worse. I think they overestimated how much people care about the Martians.

yeah I was honestly excited for the show to come back and then didn't even finish season 3.
    cogito ergo doleo

I actually loved all of Young Justice so far and I can't wait to see more!

I'm definitely looking forward to the Catwoman movie, looks very interesting, the designs and animation look really nice!

Hopefully they do Batwoman right, the character of the comics (up to a point) has been quite well written and artwork has on the whole been good standard, unlike the live action show... what a trash fire!!

I haven't really watched anything of Young Justice animated series apart from a few episodes, is the Batwoman in that the vampire version or regular?
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to the Catwoman movie, looks very interesting, the designs and animation look really nice!

Hopefully they do Batwoman right, the character of the comics (up to a point) has been quite well written and artwork has on the whole been good standard, unlike the live action show... what a trash fire!!

I haven't really watched anything of Young Justice animated series apart from a few episodes, is the Batwoman in that the vampire version or regular?
    I completely disagree, I love the Batwoman live action show and feel it is brilliant.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm hyped for the Catwoman movie. We don't get enough Catwoman focused material outside of comics. I know I should probably lower my expectations for a well done Batwoman, though, considering how Bad Blood turned out (which somehow has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, so maybe I'm just misremembering it sucking, since I was a dumb middle schooler at the time).

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Supersons. I love the comics (although, the graphic novel wasn't my cup of tea), so I'm really hopeful. But 3D animation on a direct to video budget rarely ends well. Also, the claim that it's the first 3D animated DC movie is false, as Batman Ninja used 3D animation, that really bugged me during the announcement ngl.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I'm hyped for the Catwoman movie. We don't get enough Catwoman focused material outside of comics. I know I should probably lower my expectations for a well done Batwoman, though, considering how Bad Blood turned out (which somehow has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, so maybe I'm just misremembering it sucking, since I was a dumb middle schooler at the time).

I'm also cautiously optimistic about Supersons. I love the comics (although, the graphic novel wasn't my cup of tea), so I'm really hopeful. But 3D animation on a direct to video budget rarely ends well. Also, the claim that it's the first 3D animated DC movie is false, as Batman Ninja used 3D animation, that really bugged me during the announcement ngl.
    Catwoman is a great character. I recall getting the Batman Returns Catwoman action figure. I wish the DC Icons line had releaed the series with the comic Catwoman as that looked like an excellent figure.

It looks like the DVD releases for Supergirl Season 6 and Stargirl Season 2 may be delayed until 2022 because of COVID hiatus.

Heroic Warrior
    Shocked that we actually got another season of Young Justice.