Thread: Whos your favourite Spider-Man?

Heroic Warrior

Whos your favourite Spider-Man?

Ive been having a debate with my friends about the new Spider-Man movie and it featuring all three live action versions.
    Who is your favourite and why?
    I would imho rank them Tom Holland followed very closely by Andrew Garfield then Toby McGuire.
    I personally loved the amazing Spider-Man movies and I just cant bear to watch the raimi trilogy purely on the fact that I dislike Toby mcguires version of spidey.
    I think Holland fits perfectly into the mcu. Andrew garfields spidey was made all the better by Emma stones Gwen Stacey who broke my heart when she met her tragic end.
    Im sure we will all have different opinions on who is the better just like if I asked who was the best live action Batman (it Keaton btw )

Tom Holland's movies are the best.
    Althought the first McGuire movie is pretty good.

Nicholas Hammond in the live action series was also quite good.

Also Shinji Todō in the japanese series.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Ive been having a debate with my friends about the new Spider-Man movie and it featuring all three live action versions.
    Who is your favourite and why?
    I would imho rank them Tom Holland followed very closely by Andrew Garfield then Toby McGuire.
    I personally loved the amazing Spider-Man movies and I just cant bear to watch the raimi trilogy purely on the fact that I dislike Toby mcguires version of spidey.
    I think Holland fits perfectly into the mcu. Andrew garfields spidey was made all the better by Emma stones Gwen Stacey who broke my heart when she met her tragic end.
    Im sure we will all have different opinions on who is the better just like if I asked who was the best live action Batman (it Keaton btw )
    I liked McGuires portrayal of Peter Parker. Up until the third movie that is. I did not love him as Spider-man.

I disliked Garfield's everything. He was a horrible Parker and even worse Spider-man. Emma stone was the single best thing about his movies. I thought Dane DeHaan/Harry had a lot of early potential but was absolutely ruined by the end of the film.

I love Holland's performance overall but he comes off much younger to me than what I'd like. IMO his character doesn't ever really feel like one that could have built his own web-shooters. He's his own "MCU" spider-man. I'm fine with that.

But I'm biased. The 80's comic Spider-man and the cartoon Spider-man (and his amazing friends) voiced by Dan Gilvezan will always be "the real Spider-man" to me.

My friend and I sometimes talk about that a good actor for an adult Spider-man these days would be Paul Rudd.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    1) Andrew Garfield: at least in ASM2. Loved his attitude and quips, costume, just EVERYTHING about his Spider-man. His Peter Parker I give a grade of B, but his Spider-man was A+ all the way. That attitude with that costume was the perfect Live action Spider-man

2) Nicolas Hammond. He was my first LA Spidey and honestly, I still love both his Spidey costume and Peter Parker role. Special effects could have been better... well, they could have EXISTED... but for what they had, I always loved that show.

Really gets tricky here. I find myself flip flopping a lot. But right here, right now...

3) Toby Maguire: Crashed hard on the third one, but part 2 was still the best SPidey movie ever. Narrowly beating out ASM2, but Doc Ock really elevated that movie. Don't love his costume much... the raised silver webbing always was 'off', and not funny enough, but what he did right he REALLY did right. Also the first spidey with an actual budget, so nostalgia wins today.

4) Tom Holland: I LOVE seeing Spidey interact with the rest of the MCU... but honestly, it doesn't feel like Spider-man to me. He's too whiny. Too much 'in awe' and intimidated by... EVERYONE and everything. hate the tech suit and the Iron Man influences... They went too out of their way to 'reinvent' Spider-man to the point that he doesn't even FEEL like Spider-man anymore. I like my comic characters to leap off the page onto the screen... and Holland ain't it. Which is a shame, because he seems to be a good actor, but what they're having work with just doesn't work for me

Honorable Mention... Playstation 4 Spider-man (In classic 'repaired' costume of course). Replaying that one right now and that is the best on screen (if not strictly Live Action) version of Spider-man ever. Hits every high detail and still keeps it fresh and entertaining. Just Awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

But I'm biased. The 80's comic Spider-man and the cartoon Spider-man (and his amazing friends) voiced by Dan Gilvezan will always be "the real Spider-man" to me.

My friend and I sometimes talk about that a good actor for an adult Spider-man these days would be Paul Rudd.
    Disagree with your Garfield assesment, but wholeheartedly agree with an 'adult' Spider-man and a love for Spide-man and his Amazing Friends. That's my favorite Animated Spidey for sure.

honestly, i'm sick to death of high school Peter Parker. He graduated high school in Amazing Spider-man #28. just over 2 years out of his 60 in publication!!! Ultimate Spiderman was fine for an alternate universe.... but the 'real' Spider-man has his core in 'college age or higher.'

Out of the three live action actors, Tom Holland is my favorite. I enjoyed Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield, but they would have been better playing the older versions of Parker instead of the high school version. At least Toby got two decent films out of his three... sadly Andrew just got one decent film of his two.

Coming to this thread, I thought it was going to be about all versions where Miles (Spiderverse) is my fave followed by Miguel (Spidey 2099).
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow