Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Hopefully no more techno cult.
    I thought it was cool enough , tied in nicely to triklops 200x character , and it wasn't used that much anyway so I'm not sure why you had such an issue with it it's not like it was in every episode

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    As someone who completed hated the awful and incompetent writing of the first 5 episodes, there is no way this magically gets better.
    Very true. Also, a show's quality isn't mainly determined by its finale. The episodes themselves have to be good in their own right.

Adam being able to transform without the sword is something I dislike.
    I agree. It also contradicts the plots of several Filmation episodes and comics in which the absence of the sword prevented Adam from transforming at all. Admittedly, "Savage He-Man" seems like an extreme option, but Revelation certainly isn't the only story in which taking extreme measures would seem appropriate for the characters.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the biggest miscasts I've ever seen. She can be a good voice actor. I thought she was fine in Star Wars Rebels.

She's awful as Teela.
    True as well. While certainly a good voice actress in general, her voice just doesn't seem to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I thought it was cool enough , tied in nicely to triklops 200x character , and it wasn't used that much anyway so I'm not sure why you had such an issue with it it's not like it was in every episode

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk
    Just thought it was really stupid. Being in one episode was too much.

Heroic Warrior
    I would be surprised if we didn't see them again. Simply on account on it always being a good thing to have more canon fodder for big battles

I am excited for this, I think it's good some of the other Masters are hopefully finally getting some time in the spotlight.

Instead ,they should have/it would have made more sense to/ I would have preferred to see .......?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Instead ,they should have/it would have made more sense to/ I would have preferred to see .......?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    I would have prefered the techno cult to be explored and explained a lot more instead of just being shoe horned into Teela's epic two episode quest.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Techno Cult was good development for Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw, I know it was funny though.

I think they will be revisited and won't be left open ended, they both have to answer to Skeletor.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

He-Man historian
    I would have prefered the techno cult to be explored and explained a lot more instead of just being shoe horned into Teela's epic two episode quest.
    Technocult will be revisited in Part 2.

Just because in one trailer they didn’t use material of it. Doesn’t mean its never-seen-again.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Really pleased with the new trailer.

Skelegod is awesome, great design and I love that Mark Hamill's voice is a mixture of the New Adventures Skeletor and Frank Langella's

I LOVE Evil-Lyn's Bat/Horokoth Sorceress look, so creepy and gothic, Mattel needs to make a figure of her. It matches Skelegod's colours.

Really nice to see Buzz-Off and the Andreenads, Stratos and the Avions and Ram Man.

The Randor and Scare Glow battle looks awesome.

Love seeing Marlena piloting the Talon Fighter and she's in her green classics outfit.

Savage He-Man is going to be insane, so happy to see him in the show.

Glad to know Orko is back.

Looking forward to Teela's journey to becoming the Sorceress, I think we see a glimpse of her transformation.

Webstor, Goat Man, Pig Boy! How random but so welcome, hopefully we get a figure!

He-Man vs Skelegod battle looks like it's going to be huge!

All of this! And especially, this:

The Randor and Scare Glow battle looks awesome.

~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I don't think it was shoe-horned in, it was natural progression within the story. There was no He-Man, no Skeletor and no magic. Obviously the more technology-orientated villains would rise with no Skeletor around. I wonder who Motherboard is.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

I liked the idea, but all the bad computer puns that Tri-Klops was delivering took me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    So cool. Looking forward to this.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

I don't think it was shoe-horned in, it was natural progression within the story. There was no He-Man, no Skeletor and no magic. Obviously the more technology-orientated villains would rise with no Skeletor around. I wonder who Motherboard is.
    100% Agreed.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Ooooooor, people can practice a little patience and just savor what's to come. Revelation is a fine wine, not a McDonald's hamburger.

The hate-mobs need to stop spreading ridiculous, baseless rumors and conjecture... and just watch the WHOLE series before deeming it a failure.
    If they could have watched the whole series, they would have.

If you're a "I'll love anything they give me" fan, I'm sure you're fine waiting. But there are many fans that expect a little more and won't pretend to like something when they really don't. When I think about how much negativity could have been avoided (based on what I'm seeing in this preview), it's almost sickening. And for what? To maybe sell more toys?

Imagine the crow all those Youtubers would have had to eat if the series had come out whole. Instead you split it and lend credence to a butch of crude.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior
    Well, never rule out that Kevin Smith will bumble into things that will upset people in part 2 as well. But I still think it isn't mean spirited on his side. Dude just has oddball tastes of what he thinks is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Technocult will be revisited in Part 2. ...
    Meh....hopefully it's just them saying Skeletor is back and abandoning the cult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    If they could have watched the whole series, they would have.

If you're a "I'll love anything they give me" fan, I'm sure you're fine waiting. But there are many fans that expect a little more and won't pretend to like something when they really don't. When I think about how much negativity could have been avoided (based on what I'm seeing in this preview), it's almost sickening. And for what? To maybe sell more toys?

Imagine the crow all those Youtubers would have had to eat if the series had come out whole. Instead you split it and lend credence to a butch of crude.
    This. They should have released it whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I liked the idea, but all the bad computer puns that Tri-Klops was delivering took me out of it.
    I would need to re-watch episodes 1-5.

Heroic Warrior
    The thing is, splitting the series always made way more sense from Mattel's POV (way more than from Netflix's POV) if a lot of characters have a second design in the later half of the season and they release two waves of toylines.

Not saying it wasn't a natural progression story wise, just that they should have done more with it.
    Like I said the story seemed a bit rushed with a lot crammed into 5 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    So Orko becomes Oracle? Makes sense

But that battle looks amazing. And the Talon Fighter!

And Teela becomes the Sorceress!

I don't understand the hate for this show. This looks fantastic
    This is awesome really, I am certainly looking forward to part 2 because mu daughter.and I had a great time watching part 1 several times.. Animation is very nice.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    It was a really big mistake to split the season, hopefully Netflix learns from this and they knock it off.

It looks better than the first part, but I have to say the biggest issue with this series for me when all is said and done might be the casting of Mark Hamill and Sarah Michelle Gellar. They both just don't do it for me.
    Agreed. Love Mark as the Joker, but there's hardly any difference from his Joker to Skeletor. It's seriously distracting and robs Skeletor of his originality. Geez, Mark, modulate or something...
    LUKE EVANS for Skeletor/Keldor in the live action MOTU movie!

While I certainly understand featuring He-Man/Adam front and center in the trailer, I thought there were too many other unnecessary spoilers (ie. Scareglow & Orko). The trailer was pretty cool. Hopefully, that wasn't all the best stuff. I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    While I certainly understand featuring He-Man/Adam front and center in the trailer, I thought there were too many other unnecessary spoilers (ie. Scareglow & Orko). The trailer was pretty cool. Hopefully, that wasn't all the best stuff. I look forward to it.
    Yeah, I'm hoping too.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

I think Orko should have been saved, too. I'm guessing that the trailer, like the first trailer, only covers about one or two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I agree. It also contradicts the plots of several Filmation episodes and comics in which the absence of the sword prevented Adam from transforming at all.
    I don't necessarily think it's contradictory. It seems that Adam only becomes aware of that ability in the second half of this story. In Filmation he didn't yet know he could do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think they were forced to design the trailer to cool off the fan backlash, and it's working.

- - - Updated - - -

Techno Cult was good development for Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw, I know it was funny though.

I think they will be revisited and won't be left open ended, they both have to answer to Skeletor.
    I'd love for the Techno Cult to become a separate faction that remains an ongoing threat to both the Heroic and Evil Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that Mark Hamill's voice is a mixture of the New Adventures Skeletor and Frank Langella's
    Anyone else think he sounds like Burgess Meredith?