Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catch-All Wrestling Toys Thread

I have one of the Storm Jushin Liger figures, I think the first one? I know they did a red one and a black one but I didn't know they did more. I'm not rich, so I just went with basic red. I have one of their Hogan figures, too. Those all shot up in price recently.

I got that Ultimate Hollywood Hogan a while ago, really awesome.

We shot footage for my YouTube where I reviewed some Jakks WWF BCA figures but we didn't get around to editing it yet.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

A Liger figure would be cool, maybe that balck and gold version.
    Last edited by Mark M; November 11, 2021 at 04:59am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I have one of the Storm Jushin Liger figures, I think the first one? I know they did a red one and a black one but I didn't know they did more. I'm not rich, so I just went with basic red. I have one of their Hogan figures, too. Those all shot up in price recently.
    Yeah, this past summer Storm put out purple, green and red Liger figures as well as his debut attire from 1989. It doesn't seem like these releases are too popular though..within days of the debut attire release RSC lowered the prices on all their Ligers by $5 (from $65)
    If you're interested, it's probably worth it to wait it out.

Picked up a powers of pain warlord today, im aware well not be getting a barabrian anytime soon but half a tag teams better than no tag team at all!

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Picked up a powers of pain warlord today, im aware well not be getting a barabrian anytime soon but half a tag teams better than no tag team at all!
    Same with the recent Davey Boy Smith figure and not releasing Dynamite Kid.

Heroic Warrior
    Chella is putting out an elite-style Dynamite Kid next year. I would say it looks just ok but better than nothing.

https://www.chellatoys.net/product-p...-kid-pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Chella is putting out an elite-style Dynamite Kid next year. I would say it looks just ok but better than nothing.

https://www.chellatoys.net/product-p...-kid-pre-order
    That's pretty cool. Those retro style figures also look really nice.

Ive ordered one of those Big Daddy figures, sadly both their Haystacks ones are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Ive ordered one of those Big Daddy figures, sadly both their Haystacks ones are sold out.
    Nice. Maybe they will re-release the Haystacks figure.
    Last year I read an autobiography of Big Daddy. It was quite interesting learning about him and British wrestling years ago.

Heroic Warrior
    Hoping the black Friday sale at Ringside is going to be good this year. I want to finish out my Storm Liger collection by getting the purple & white attire. As well as Stunning Steve Austin too. I started an early 90s WCW side collection this year so need to get him.

Silly question maybe, but I thought Mattel's Retro 4-pack was supposed to be available last Friday. Never saw the offer online though. Did they cancel it at the last minute?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    I've intentionally not been keeping up with the dot org so I'm just now seeing this thread. Good idea.

I have been tightly watching my money so I haven't bought any wrestling figures since LJN style Red Trunks Cody from a wal-mart's.

So I haven't been able to buy any end of year sales of figures from online shops.

I'm eyeballing the Mattel retro 4 pack thingy. Probably will be expensive and will have to pass.

For about a year and a half I've trying to keep up with the news. And by following the news I mean popping in on twitter for wrestling figures at least once a day.

The figures I go for are the basics. The ultimates aren't my thing. I "get" it and it's not a bad idea. But still, not my thing.

Heroic Warrior
    Idk if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know of a figure with a good modern day John Cena likeness/hair? Basically, I want to basically do a headswap for the McFarlane Peacemaker figure (it looks more like Hank Hill than John Cena tbh), since I finally pulled the trigger on it because I'm loving the show so much (if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Idk if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know of a figure with a good modern day John Cena likeness/hair? Basically, I want to basically do a headswap for the McFarlane Peacemaker figure (it looks more like Hank Hill than John Cena tbh), since I finally pulled the trigger on it because I'm loving the show so much (if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it).
    Probably the closest to what you want is his WWE Hollywood Elite figure. The head for the ringside exclusive nwo cena might be ok. And theres also legends 10 cena head. But yeah the Hollywood one (not sure what movie it's supposed to be from, maybe fast and furious?) looks closest to how he looks as peacemaker to me.

Probably the closest to what you want is his WWE Hollywood Elite figure. The head for the ringside exclusive nwo cena might be ok. And theres also legends 10 cena head. But yeah the Hollywood one (not sure what movie it's supposed to be from, maybe fast and furious?) looks closest to how he looks as peacemaker to me.
    And luckily enough, nobody wants that figure so they're really easy to find!

Seriously, every time I go to Wal-Mart I see like 20 of those damn Hollywood Cena figures. For months now. Crazy!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    For the Walmart exclusive 5.5" WWE Superstars figures, they've announced Ultimate Warrior (did we needed another one in this scale already?). He's on the cardbacks for Nash, Michaels, and Hall and listed as "Coming Fall 2022."

Heroic Warrior

Interesting choice with the WrestleMania IX ring attire, since Mattel technically already did a WrestleMania IX Hogan a few years ago, wearing the red pants and cowboy boots from when he pinned Yokozuna to end the show. I think there was a fan vote and this one just barely edged out over the Monday Nitro Hogan figure. Honestly, I would have preferred that one, since they haven't done any WCW Hogan figures yet, except for the one Hollywood figure, and the biggest difference between that one and this one would literally be a shirt, a bandanna, and the WCW Title instead of the WWF Title, and otherwise they'd be mostly the same.
    I am legit JUST starting to look at wrestling figures... and this was the first one that really caught my attention. Had it been Nitro or worse WCW I wouldn't have looked twice at it. I'm not the biggest WWF fan, but I was pretty deep into it between like '88- '95 or so. LOVED that era. Modern stuff... not so much. So yeah, I don't recognize it much as Wrestlemania IX per se... but just at a glance it's nice solid 'iconic' Hulk Hogan that I really want on my shelf.

I'm never one who especially needs all the extra heads and hands, but it's nice they include them I guess, especially at the price point these things go for. I'd honestly probably be happier if it was just the figure, the clothes, and the Title belt, and it was a $20-25 figure and not a $50+ figure, but I don't make those decisions and it seems to be the way the wind is blowing these days. Regardless, it's still a great-looking figure. Should be here in a few days.
    Normally I'd agree with too many accessories... but Hogan is just so well known for his ear thing and shirt ripping that I kind of NEED all of those hands. Bandanna I could probably do without, but for the most part, this looks like a solid win.

On a similar note... I wonder if anyone here can help me navigate some of these WWE figures for a beginner. I've seen the same characters as Elite, Basic, Ultimate... and I think that's just Mattel. I've also seen Jakks.

What's the main difference? Are they all still in scale with each other? Different articulation? Just a case of accessories? There are a few characters I'd like to pick up that should be 'best version' Like the Hulkster , Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man... and some Like Andre may not need a ton of articulation (since the man himself didn't have any :P ) but still gotta be 'in scale'.
    Last edited by phantom1592; February 17, 2022 at 12:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    On a similar note... I wonder if anyone here can help me navigate some of these WWE figures for a beginner. I've seen the same characters as Elite, Basic, Ultimate... and I think that's just Mattel. I've also seen Jakks.

What's the main difference? Are they all still in scale with each other? Different articulation? Just a case of accessories? There are a few characters I'd like to pick up that should be 'best version' Like the Hulkster , Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man... and some Like Andre may not need a ton of articulation (since the man himself didn't have any :P ) but still gotta be 'in scale'.
    All of the Mattel figures, basic, Elite and Ultimates are in scale with one another.
    The Jakks Pacific figures are slightly bigger.

BTW Andre's stuff from the 70s in Japan was a lot better than the stuff he did in the late 80s in WWF.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    All of the Mattel figures, basic, Elite and Ultimates are in scale with one another.
    The Jakks Pacific figures are slightly bigger.

BTW Andre's stuff from the 70s in Japan was a lot better than the stuff he did in the late 80s in WWF.
    I can believe it. I've heard teh stories about how dominating he was over there. But for me it'll all be about the 80's nostalgia Gotta have the black singlet and just be the behometh that I alwasy loved Pretty much from Wrestlemania 3 onwards.

The Basic figures look like they have old school T-crotches? Is that accurate or do they swing out like the DC Universe classics?

Is there any articulation difference between the 'ultimates' and the Elites? Elites look pretty good... and have more options.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I can believe it. I've heard teh stories about how dominating he was over there. But for me it'll all be about the 80's nostalgia Gotta have the black singlet and just be the behometh that I alwasy loved Pretty much from Wrestlemania 3 onwards.

The Basic figures look like they have old school T-crotches? Is that accurate or do they swing out like the DC Universe classics?

Is there any articulation difference between the 'ultimates' and the Elites? Elites look pretty good... and have more options.
    The basic male figures just have standard T-crotches, the legs do not swing out to the side. The basic females have full ball jointed hips.

The only real difference between Elite and Ultimate Editions are toe articulation and a different ab joint on the male figures.
    Some Elites have double jointed elbows like the Ultimate Editions although older Elites do not, it seems that they have incorportated double jointed elbows as standard into most new Elites.
    The female Ultimate Editions had double jointed knees which have also been added to most Elite figures.

BTW don't confuse the the Mattel Ultimate Editions with the Super 7 Ultimates. The Super 7 Ultimates are more expensive bit with less articulation than a Mattel Elite.

Jazwares AEW figures are also pretty cool.
    Last edited by Mark M; February 17, 2022 at 08:21am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

The only real difference between Elite and Ultimate Editions are toe articulation and a different ab joint on the male figures.
    Jazwares AEW figures are also pretty cool.
    The Ultimate Editions also have butterfly shoulders.

I have the AEW Luchasaurus figures and despite actually not watching AEW, they're some of my favorite figures in my collection. Go figure. Nicely detailed, proportioned and articulated. Only knock on it is the gummy elbow joints. Cant imagine those lasting very long with kids playing with them.

The Ultimate Editions also have butterfly shoulders.

I have the AEW Luchasaurus figures and despite actually not watching AEW, they're some of my favorite figures in my collection. Go figure. Nicely detailed, proportioned and articulated. Only knock on it is the gummy elbow joints. Cant imagine those lasting very long with kids playing with them.
    I forgot about the butterfly shoulder joints. Although some of the first Ultimate Editions like Shinsuke Nakamura didn't have the butterfly joint.

Oddly enough I bought an AEW Frankie Kazarian on sale today for 7. Great figure.
    I used to have the first release Chris Jericho but sold it, I need to get one of the newer Jericho figures.
    The AEW figures are really great. I can't wait to see what the Owen Hart figure they are releasing looks like, that will be an absolute must get for the collection.
    Last edited by Mark M; February 17, 2022 at 10:28am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    For the Walmart exclusive 5.5" WWE Superstars figures, they've announced Ultimate Warrior (did we needed another one in this scale already?). He's on the cardbacks for Nash, Michaels, and Hall and listed as "Coming Fall 2022."

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/M...scaled_600.jpg
    I'm surprised they keep doing him. Surely Andre, Hogan, The Rock, and Randy Savage would be more popular, right? Idk, I know very little about wrestling, but all four of them seem to be pretty popular and recognizable, while Warrior kinda feels less prominent (probably because he's dead and went out on a fairly low note considering all the controversial stuff he said towards the end). Also, since that's an Origins compatible line, should discussion about it go here or in the Classics forum?

Idk, I own two 5.5 Warriors already, I don't really need a third that's less badass looking than the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Also, since that's an Origins compatible line, should discussion about it go here or in the Classics forum?
    We've spoke about it behind the scenes and determined that since it's no longer a MOTU product, even though the buck is compatible, it should go here in the Other forum.