Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catch-All Wrestling Toys Thread

Heroic Warrior
    New Superstars reveals.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbxuFAar...dium=copy_link

For everything who missed the first Undertaker, you can now get possibly the worst looking MOTU style WWE figure head sculpt.

As for using these for customs, I'm already planning to make a Lubic custom with the Mankind legs and Undertaker jacket. I'm thinking I might cannibalize a Primal Age Lex Luthor for the head.

Finally found a AEW chase in store. Brodie Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    you can now get possibly the worst looking MOTU style WWE figure head sculpt.
    How do you figure? That's pure early-90's goodness!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    How do you figure? That's pure early-90's goodness!
    The eyes feel too close together and the jaw feels way too wide. I get it's supposed to be stylized, but something about it feels too exaggerated.

The eyes feel too close together and the jaw feels way too wide. I get it's supposed to be stylized, but something about it feels too exaggerated.
    It's still better than that awful Bray Wyatt figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Finally found a AEW chase in store. Brodie Lee.
    Nice one. Looks a cool figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Despite that, it still very much looks like him.

Kinda think I know what Undertaker photo they used for reference. I've noticed Mattel often does a thing where they try and make a figure "match" the photo they drew from. Sometimes you get little quirky things like that. But yeah there was a much-circulated Undertaker photo from 1991 or so where he's staring at the camera straight-on and almost looks a little cross-eyed; I can't find it at the moment but I'd be a little surprised if that wasn't the pic they used as a reference, probably since he was in fact staring straight at the camera thus making their job easier. But as a result, you get such little nits like the eyes thing.

He looks a bit "fat" or wide in the jawline, too, and again in the pic I'm thinking of he had his chin tucked slightly to his chest. So yeah, I think it's a bit "off" but mostly because they stayed beholden in some ways to the photo reference. But oddly, not in other ways - The figure looks like he's smiling, but I can assure you he was not smiling in the original photo.

Looks "okay" but they've done better.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; April 4, 2022 at 02:01pm.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I saw 3 of the Origins body WWE figures at Walmart today(no Hogan), stuffed away in some corner section away from the action figure aisle. The soft goods are baggy. But they have unique colors that Origins doesn't use so they'd be good for custom builds.

I've only see Ric Flair and Bray Wyatt for the Superstars line so far, no signs of Honky Tonk or Hogan yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hogan is showing in stock for those who need him!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Super...sive/327194464
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

The new Super 7 Andre head sculpts look terrible. Not a great likeness at all. They have made 4x Andres and all of them have awful head sculpts.
    Jakks figure from near 20 years ago looked more accurate.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/05/19/s...evealed-468619

I found WWE Superstars Flair, Wyatt, and Honky Tonk this week and snatched them up. I'd love to get Hogan but I'm not paying $50 for him on Ebay.

95DFE5D7-BD0F-4A80-949F-A988C6B6CC94.jpg

Came in the post this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    95DFE5D7-BD0F-4A80-949F-A988C6B6CC94.jpg

Came in the post this morning.
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I found WWE Superstars Flair, Wyatt, and Honky Tonk this week and snatched them up. I'd love to get Hogan but I'm not paying $50 for him on Ebay.
    Yeah, even at the flea market my buddy runs he's like $40. I could've had him for $35 but I was broke after buying my wife her anniversary presents. She said she's gonna try and track him down for me this coming month. I don't think he'll ever be found easily for less than $40 or $50 though, if one ever shows up at Wal-Mart the folks who hawk the stores are gonna snatch him up immediately. Collecting toys just isn't fun anymore because of that crap, but it is what it is. Would probably help if Mattel increased production on these (or anything), but eh, we've all been over and over that.

As a hardcore Hogan collector, I doubt I'll ever pay less than $50 for a figure of him again. I'm as at peace with it as I can be. I don't like it, but I understand the reality of it. I've got about 56 different Hogan figures so far; I try and get every one that comes out but I definitely am missing a few. But if you don't grab them at launch, you pay a fortune on the secondary market, so I try and jump on them as soon as they hit.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Yeah, even at the flea market my buddy runs he's like $40. I could've had him for $35 but I was broke after buying my wife her anniversary presents. She said she's gonna try and track him down for me this coming month. I don't think he'll ever be found easily for less than $40 or $50 though, if one ever shows up at Wal-Mart the folks who hawk the stores are gonna snatch him up immediately. Collecting toys just isn't fun anymore because of that crap, but it is what it is. Would probably help if Mattel increased production on these (or anything), but eh, we've all been over and over that.

As a hardcore Hogan collector, I doubt I'll ever pay less than $50 for a figure of him again. I'm as at peace with it as I can be. I don't like it, but I understand the reality of it. I've got about 56 different Hogan figures so far; I try and get every one that comes out but I definitely am missing a few. But if you don't grab them at launch, you pay a fortune on the secondary market, so I try and jump on them as soon as they hit.
    Seen the newest basic Hogan the other day for 10. If I ever got back into collecting wrestling figures I would probably just stick the basics.

Hogan is starting to show up in stores. He was also going in and out of stock on Walmart's website this weekend for regular retail price.

Some renders of the NEW AEW Owen Hart action figures.
    It's awesoem there is going to be some new Owen Hart figures.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The new Super 7 Andre head sculpts look terrible. Not a great likeness at all. They have made 4x Andres and all of them have awful head sculpts.
    Jakks figure from near 20 years ago looked more accurate.
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/05/19/s...evealed-468619
    I agree, these look really odd.

I also don't understand the point/appeal of standalone Andre the Giant figures.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I agree, these look really odd.

I also don't understand the point/appeal of standalone Andre the Giant figures.
    Definitely, cosidering they haven't done any other wrestling legends from Andre's era.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Definitely, cosidering they haven't done any other wrestling legends from Andre's era.
    You can replicate that dream match when Andre battled Zack Ryder for the Internet Championship and Okada served as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    You can replicate that dream match when Andre battled Zack Ryder for the Internet Championship and Okada served as manager.
    Well done.

Considering how bad the face likenesses are if they wanted to make wrestling figures they should just use the body moulds and make generic knock off style figures.

Court Magician
    Finally found the Superstars line at a local Walmart. They had 3 out of 4 so I got all but NWO Hulk (which I could get marked up at my LCS). It’s a good thing I’m not a MoC guy because they were oddly mostly bent like they were jammed in a shipping box.

Super 7 are now doing a second series of Cardona and Myers figures and the price is now $75 each!