Thread: Kay Dav's art n stuff

Kay Dav's art n stuff

Hi! Ever since July I've been chipping away at some MOTU stickers. Not limiting this thread to just my stickers though since I have other things I plan on drawing/posting (and I work in several styles! Hooray for variety!). For now though, here's these. I'm making stickers of every character from the original MOTU/POP toylines. Only exceptions right now are the movie figures (love that movie, it's a beautiful mess, but I can't bring myself to draw Griwldor- maybe as some bonus set down the line), and the giants, since those weren't a wide release. I'm also leaving out animals/pets outside of Battlecat, Swiftwind, Panthor, and Clawdeen.

Heroic Warriors:

Evil Warriors:

Snake Men:

Might change Skeletor, Evil-lynn, and Man-at-arms to be more toy accurate for their final releases, since this forum is seeing these before the rest of my social media/before they go up for sale for some feedback lol.

Still currently chipping away at the Horde and Great Rebellion. Trying to get them out in time for Revelations part 2 so expect them next week probably. I keep a slight roadmap on my artwork. Right after the last sets of stickers I'm taking a break from MOTU since have some Ben 10 stuff to work on (I make a lot of money off of that, turns out people really like when you make largely unmerchandised characters from a show with, ironically, lots of merch into cute stickers), then I annually do a poster of She-ra, then dunno. At some point I might also do stickers based on New Adventures, 200x, CGI, Revelations, and SATPOP (really wanna do that one), or even some Classics or show only stuff or some original toyline He-man and Skeletor variants, all kinda depends on feedback and how I'm feeling, but right now, I'm really just aiming to get these done.
    Last edited by Kydv404; November 28, 2021 at 04:17am.

Hey, I like those! Nicely done!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

This is fun, I particularly like that you gave Zodac the cross-sell white feet!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Hey, I like those! Nicely done!
    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    This is fun, I particularly like that you gave Zodac the cross-sell white feet!
    Thanks, both of you! I began this project mostly referencing Filmation, but after a certain point I started to mainly reference the cross-sells. Also the white boots just looked better to me.

A good handful more are done. I still have an Adam and an Adora unposted, gonna bundle them with some Adam/Cringer and Adora/Spirit combos. Otherwise, here's the Horde, the Great Rebellion, and some other bits and bobs.

Great Rebellion:

The Evil Horde:

Creature combos:

Also here's some characters from the first batch fixed up either to be more cross-sell/toy accurate or because I forgot something.

Might update tomorrow with the aforementioned Adam and Adora, I was just impatient and proud of these. This is a long post on its own lol. Gonna start arranging them for sale tomorrow, so if there's any last minute suggestions, I'm all ears. Might also still make unhooded Teela available alongside the hooded variant.
    Last edited by Kydv404; November 28, 2021 at 04:18am.

Aaand for once, since starting this project, I came through when I said I would.

Also here's a timelapse of the project. All 89 of these guys.

Went through some old files and found these. First one's from 2018(?), second is 2020, and the last one was a doodle based on a promo pic the MOTU social medias did recently to promote the CGI series.

Also I did this for school last year. It might've actually been my last animation assignment before the pandemic hit iirc. (Also bless my high school animation teacher, she had a sign above our agenda board that said "what's going on" with a pic of you guessed it, meme Adam.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kydv404 View Post
    A good handful more are done. I still have an Adam and an Adora unposted, gonna bundle them with some Adam/Cringer and Adora/Spirit combos. Otherwise, here's the Horde, the Great Rebellion, and some other bits and bobs.

Great Rebellion:

The Evil Horde:

Creature combos:

Also here's some characters from the first batch fixed up either to be more cross-sell/toy accurate or because I forgot something.

Might update tomorrow with the aforementioned Adam and Adora, I was just impatient and proud of these. This is a long post on its own lol. Gonna start arranging them for sale tomorrow, so if there's any last minute suggestions, I'm all ears. Might also still make unhooded Teela available alongside the hooded variant.
    Love your work! Any Scorpia?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabu View Post
    Love your work! Any Scorpia?
    Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have a Scorpia at the moment, but I do plan on it! I tried to stick hard to who all had vintage toys, I was kinda frustrated when I realized my own rules meant no Scorpia, Madame Razz, or Sea Hawk. Currently chipping away at some other pieces (commission work, some other fandom things I'm trying to get done before Christmas, there's even another MOTU piece unrelated to the stickers on the back burner), but once I come back to these, I'm probably gonna do a "bonus" set of characters who didn't make the cut the first time around. It's probably gonna have the aforementioned missing Filmation characters, the Giants, the Energy Zoids, and the three movie characters who got toys. Always up for suggestions though, especially on stickers!
    Last edited by Kydv404; December 9, 2021 at 04:46pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kydv404 View Post
    Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have a Scorpia at the moment, but I do plan on it! I tried to stick hard to who all had toys, I was kinda frustrated when I realized my own rules meant no Scorpia, Madame Razz, or Sea Hawk.
    And Seahawk, Octavia, Vultak, False Face and Shadow Weaver
    Last edited by Jabu; December 13, 2021 at 07:37pm.

Every year since SATPOP came out, I've done a She-ra piece around this time every year. This year I decided to give it a twist since CGI He-man is out now...

Here's previous years, 2020, 2019, and 2018 respectively.

Looks great! Why "siblings" and not "twins"?

The stickers are adorable. For some reason they make me want to see the cast of Scott Pilgrim in MOTU cosplay.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Thank y'all!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyca View Post
    Looks great! Why "siblings" and not "twins"?
    You're the first one to catch that! Something about "siblings" just felt right to me, not sure why. Sounds formal in a way that makes the First Ones language feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The stickers are adorable. For some reason they make me want to see the cast of Scott Pilgrim in MOTU cosplay.
    The Scott Pilgrim comics were definitely a huge inspiration for my chibi style! That'd certainly be something. By the power of love, I have the power!