Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 124 of 124

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation - episode 10 [Official Talkback Thread] SPOILERS

  1. #101
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    QFT I love it when someone states the obvious, I think in any fandom they are die hards that love ANYTHING and would rather have an inferior product then to upset people or question something where they will not got another cartoon movie etc.
    This is constantly your argument whenever anyone likes something you don't like, and it's both tiresome and inaccurate. It completely ignores the fact that a lot of people who like "Revelation" do NOT happen to like anything and everything with a "MOTU" or He-Man sticker on it.

    In my case, I liked this show, Filmation and 200X/MYP, but am more or less agnostic to New Adventures and don't care a single bit about the CGI reboot. I've also spoken at length many times how I personally feel like the franchise is going to be in another long hibernation at some point, perhaps permanently, and how I'm perfectly fine with that because it happens to all things eventually and it's naive to think it won't one day happen to MOTU as well.

    So when you say things like, "People only like this show because they like EVERYTHING and are afraid we won't get anything if we don't support it," you definitely don't speak for me and you don't speak for a LOT of people.

    Some people just like the show and don't have any ulterior motives. I know how much it shocks you whenever anyone doesn't share your opinion, but believe me... it happens more than you probably think. It IS possible to like something for ones' own reasons without being a "blind fanboy loyalist who likes everything". Sure those people exist, but I highly doubt they're even a fraction of the people who legitimately enjoy the show on its own merit for their own reasons.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  2. #102
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    This is constantly your argument whenever anyone likes something you don't like, and it's both tiresome and inaccurate. It completely ignores the fact that a lot of people who like "Revelation" do NOT happen to like anything and everything with a "MOTU" or He-Man sticker on it.

    In my case, I liked this show, Filmation and 200X/MYP, but am more or less agnostic to New Adventures and don't care a single bit about the CGI reboot. I've also spoken at length many times how I personally feel like the franchise is going to be in another long hibernation at some point, perhaps permanently, and how I'm perfectly fine with that because it happens to all things eventually and it's naive to think it won't one day happen to MOTU as well.

    So when you say things like, "People only like this show because they like EVERYTHING and are afraid we won't get anything if we don't support it," you definitely don't speak for me and you don't speak for a LOT of people.

    Some people just like the show and don't have any ulterior motives. I know how much it shocks you whenever anyone doesn't share your opinion, but believe me... it happens more than you probably think. It IS possible to like something for ones' own reasons without being a "blind fanboy loyalist who likes everything". Sure those people exist, but I highly doubt they're even a fraction of the people who legitimately enjoy the show on its own merit for their own reasons.
    You know what harassment is?? Funny other people are saying the same thing and your jumping on me knock it off!

    Typical Internet Courage....Go bother some one that cares...

  3. #103
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,742
    Please be respectful towards each other. Talk about the show and not each other. Thanks.

  4. #104
    Heroic Warrior Nikolaidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    True. I think never seeing a fully realized Teela as Sorceress led many to believe she was not that powerful. Seeing her as powerful in her own right as He-Man threatens their view of what MOTU was. I don't mind Teela embracing her role and power to protect Grayskull. We have other media in which He-Man and only He-Man can save the day and I am sure we see more stories like that in the future with him traversing the galaxy doing only what he can do.
    Or maybe, people don't appreciate the lore being retconned to the point it doesn't make sense. The reason Teela says 'naah!' and simply disregards how the power (and the responsibility) of Grayskull worked is lazy and badly written - and gives the wrong message (you get everything while sacrificing nothing).

    Or did you think that He-Man fans felt 'threatened' by She-Ra?

  5. #105
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    614
    And as Teela holds hands with Adam at the palace, Grayskull stands unguarded. If there is a Season Two, I'd really like to see the ramifications explored if Teela can indeed be both, bestow the power of grayskull upon her all while protecting it... and have loved ones as a strength versus a weakness.

    I see that Spider-Man complex. Will your loved ones take away your focus, be a distraction, make you more vulnerable to your villains, and subsequently be exploited through them. The Sorceress believes it was a detriment, and was even the reason for her death, and she might be right. What did Sorceress Lyn say to Skeletor after knowing Adam's secret? Now he can go after Randor and He-Man will come running. This all may turn out to be you can't have your cake and eat it too and I would love to see them go into that narratively in Season Two, Zoar willing.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  6. #106
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,709
    Now that Eternia is in capable hands with Teela and Andra, this opens the possibility for He-Man to travel to the Tri-Solar system and help fight off the mutant attacks!

    Also, (I know this is only a spiritual successor to Filmation) but, was it ever explained why the Sorceress couldn't leave Grayskull in her human form? (Other than that her "powers are tied to the castle?")
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  7. #107
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now that Eternia is in capable hands with Teela and Andra, this opens the possibility for He-Man to travel to the Tri-Solar system and help fight off the mutant attacks!

    Also, (I know this is only a spiritual successor to Filmation) but, was it ever explained why the Sorceress couldn't leave Grayskull in her human form? (Other than that her "powers are tied to the castle?")
    I don't think so. It seems like that it was assumed to be the sacrifice that sorceress should make. I could definitely be wrong though so hopefully more knowledgeable can chime in.

  8. #108
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Also, (I know this is only a spiritual successor to Filmation) but, was it ever explained why the Sorceress couldn't leave Grayskull in her human form? (Other than that her "powers are tied to the castle?")
    I don't believe any reason was clearly identified, but in the very helpful "Origin of the Sorceress" episode, the Sorceress could indeed leave the castle in her human form and simultaneously use her powers when she carried the Crystal of Allena with her. But in the flashbacks of her youth, the Sorceress seemed to be able to leave Castle Grayskull and use her powers even without the crystal, so it's definitely all a bit of a mystery!

    But the net of it is, the Sorceress has left Castle Grayskull in human form before and used her powers... making Dark-Lyn's impression that Sorceress Teela could never leave the castle human and with her power incorrect.

    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  9. #109
    Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    STL Metro East
    Posts
    1,484
    In Filmation, MAA and Sorceress go to Snake Mountain when Adora is kidnapped, right?

    In Revelation, Super Teela can just ***** and nag the Spirit of Grayskull to bend the rules for her cause she's so special.

  10. #110
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,709
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I don't think so. It seems like that it was assumed to be the sacrifice that sorceress should make. I could definitely be wrong though so hopefully more knowledgeable can chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I don't believe any reason was clearly identified, but in the very helpful "Origin of the Sorceress" episode, the Sorceress could indeed leave the castle in her human form and simultaneously use her powers when she carried the Crystal of Allena with her. But in the flashbacks of her youth, the Sorceress seemed to be able to leave Castle Grayskull and use her powers even without the crystal, so it's definitely all a bit of a mystery!
    Yeah, this has me thinking that, just like Adam, the Sorceress chose to keep her powers in check and only use them when absolutely necessary and only for the good of others.

    Because, let's be real here, the true most powerful person in the universe has always been the Sorceress... I mean, she gave Adam his powers and basically played dungeon master with most of the other characters...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior Mach5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now that Eternia is in capable hands with Teela and Andra, this opens the possibility for He-Man to travel to the Tri-Solar system and help fight off the mutant attacks!
    It would take ignoring Teela's "you go where I go" line, and an additional effort in pretending New Adventures wasn't utter puppy poo.

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    8,365
    I guess Skeletor lost the Power after He-Man punched him into the horizon? Maybe he didn't have to return the Power because it had been given to him and thus could be rescinded like with Cringer/Battlecat? Of course then why didn't Adam take it back during their fight? I couldn't tell, they got loosey goosey with "rules" since the Castle was "under new management." I'm sorry that this version of Skeletor also can't imagine what to do with that Power except kill He-Man. Like, even when it was a kid's show there were hints that the villain had more depth than that.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 28, 2021 at 08:44am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

  13. #113
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,754
    Just wanted to say that that was the best use of Ram-Man I've seen to date. Very short, yes, but incredibly sweet. Also, was it just me, or were his legs springy?

  14. #114
    Evil Customizer smanomega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beneath the ruins of the three towers
    Posts
    2,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Just wanted to say that that was the best use of Ram-Man I've seen to date. Very short, yes, but incredibly sweet. Also, was it just me, or were his legs springy?
    His legs were springy. I wonder how much they paid Danny Trejo for his one line.

  15. #115
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    It would take ignoring Teela's "you go where I go" line, and an additional effort in pretending New Adventures wasn't utter puppy poo.
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say that...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Just wanted to say that that was the best use of Ram-Man I've seen to date. Very short, yes, but incredibly sweet. Also, was it just me, or were his legs springy?
    Yes!

    Rammy's legs were like springs... I really enjoyed his scene and I would love to see more of the Masters get the Revelation treatment!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior Mach5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say that...



  17. #117
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    His legs were springy. I wonder how much they paid Danny Trejo for his one line.
    Perhaps close to nothing. Watching various cast interviews, it seems many of these actors were Filmation MOTU fans long ago too and just chomping at the bit to participate.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  18. #118
    Court Magician 80slady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post

    If you think that the whole point of MotU is He-Man and Skeletor beating each other, chances are you'll be disappointed.

    If you consider MotU being about the world, the Power and how it affects those around it ... I guess there are plenty of things to like.
    I guess that's why I was never anything but happy, because I never considered "He-Man vs. Skeletor" to be the necessary plot device of MOTU.

  19. #119
    Tri-Solar Lord Oceanwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Or maybe, people don't appreciate the lore being retconned to the point it doesn't make sense. The reason Teela says 'naah!' and simply disregards how the power (and the responsibility) of Grayskull worked is lazy and badly written - and gives the wrong message (you get everything while sacrificing nothing).

    Or did you think that He-Man fans felt 'threatened' by She-Ra?
    Uh yea many most certainly do. That's been proven over a thousand times over the last twenty years on the .org.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, this has me thinking that, just like Adam, the Sorceress chose to keep her powers in check and only use them when absolutely necessary and only for the good of others.

    Because, let's be real here, the true most powerful person in the universe has always been the Sorceress... I mean, she gave Adam his powers and basically played dungeon master with most of the other characters...
    Idk about that. In the old cartoon, she was handled pretty easily by Skeletor and Evil Lyn at times. I think the issue with Teela being mobile is that Castle Grayskull still needs a protector. Without her, who is supposed to defend the castle? She can't abdicate that no matter how much she shares. That's why He-Man will always be necessary. He isn't tethered to the castle and can affect change on a cosmic level while whomever the Sorceress is will still need to be fixed at the very least on Eternia.

  20. #120
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Idk about that. In the old cartoon, she was handled pretty easily by Skeletor and Evil Lyn at times. I think the issue with Teela being mobile is that Castle Grayskull still needs a protector. Without her, who is supposed to defend the castle? She can't abdicate that no matter how much she shares. That's why He-Man will always be necessary. He isn't tethered to the castle and can affect change on a cosmic level while whomever the Sorceress is will still need to be fixed at the very least on Eternia.
    Teela said she will be a Sorceress that will not just protect the power, but she is going to use the power, seemingly ike He-Man or what's bestowed on Battle Cat and Skelegod. So I get the logic of it.

    But I would love for Season 2 (Zoar willing) to explore if that's really possible to do both. The ol' with great power comes great responsibility mantra. Because loved ones will take away your focus and make you more vulnerable to your villains, and I would love to see Teela be faced with those ramifications. Even a romantic relationship with Adam (think Clark & Lois in Superman 2) might be enough to take her eye off the ball, just long enough to make Teela ultimately realize her mother was right - That to truly do the job, all relationships must be discarded. It really could be a compelling story!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  21. #121
    Court Magician BB Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    56
    Is nobody in Eternia who after the whole battle was over, and Teela was about to let Evil-Lyn simply leave, raise their hand and ask WHY?
    I mean, she literally destroyed Preternia. People who die can only go to Subternia now... And she gets off scott-free just because she had been talked down from destroying the universe???
    She never even apologized. This is not like Batman being less hard on Harley Quinn because unlike Joker she does not usually murder people left and right. This is letting a powerful sorceress go who amassed enough power once to almost destroy the world. It's nice that she had a change of heart but she still has to answer for her crimes...

    Also, why is everyone speaking of Zoar like she is a god? She was just the falcon form Sorceress took when outside the castle. I mean sure this is not the Filmation continuity, but at times, it really tries to be that (such as making Marlena be from Earth), it is just confusing. I talked to many people who never heard of the confirmation from Kevin Smith and still think this is a continuation of that show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    Uh yea many most certainly do. That's been proven over a thousand times over the last twenty years on the .org.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Idk about that. In the old cartoon, she was handled pretty easily by Skeletor and Evil Lyn at times. I think the issue with Teela being mobile is that Castle Grayskull still needs a protector. Without her, who is supposed to defend the castle? She can't abdicate that no matter how much she shares. That's why He-Man will always be necessary. He isn't tethered to the castle and can affect change on a cosmic level while whomever the Sorceress is will still need to be fixed at the very least on Eternia.
    Well, given how super easily anyone can get into the castle, as we saw here (just cross that chasm and there are apparently sewer tunnels? Grayskull needs plumbing?) it's bound to happen soon. Though, it seems you do not even need to get into the castle. You can just shout "By the Power of Grayskull!" and you get it, but as a Hulk. Can Skeletor do that now too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes!

    Rammy's legs were like springs... I really enjoyed his scene and I would love to see more of the Masters get the Revelation treatment!
    How can you be so forgiving? They wasted whole episodes on nothing but He-Hulk battles and Evil-Lyn's sappy backstory, but they could not put in any of the Masters? Ram Man has one short scene and is never seen again. Fisto and Clamp Champ appear for a few minutes to be brutally killed off... by their own friends. Where was Stratos and Buzz-Off? They brought in their people - but never showed them fighting. Where was Man-e-Faces and Meckaneck? Sy-Klone? They could have introduced Rio-Blast finally. Would have cost them literally nothing if they are just non speaking cameos. But nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Just wanted to say that that was the best use of Ram-Man I've seen to date. Very short, yes, but incredibly sweet. Also, was it just me, or were his legs springy?
    THIS was his best use??? Are you serious? Not having him appear as a regular character we get to know and love in the 2002 show, who has a distinct personality and is a loveable big but kind lug? No, his best use was to deliver a hoverdisk which got destroyed 10 second later.
    No wonder these hack writers do not even try hard if it takes this little to impress you guys. His appearance was the cartoon equivalent of dangling keys in front of a baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I guess Skeletor lost the Power after He-Man punched him into the horizon? Maybe he didn't have to return the Power because it had been given to him and thus could be rescinded like with Cringer/Battlecat? Of course then why didn't Adam take it back during their fight? I couldn't tell, they got loosey goosey with "rules" since the Castle was "under new management." I'm sorry that this version of Skeletor also can't imagine what to do with that Power except kill He-Man. Like, even when it was a kid's show there were hints that the villain had more depth than that.
    It's again, because this is not Skeletor. This is Kevin Smith writing the Joker, disguised as Skeletor. If he actually had watched the show, he would know Skeletor has grand plans to find artifacts that grant him more power, to conquer lands, to corrupt people, and mostly, to get the Power of Grayskull, and He-Man is merely an obstacle he finds very annoying.
    But no, Kevin wrote him as Joker, who would never kill Batman because then he would not have anyone to play with.
    Pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    That the thing i didn't watch He-man Just For He-man. Almost every other episode would there be a new character would show up and He-man would help them. Some Episode were actually about Teela, i Know the Horror. As for the Characters being butched. In both Filmation and 200x, the characters were not all that deep or complex. He-man Is Not Batman. He dosnt have this Tragic Backstory that makes you relate to him. So these characters are not as cut and dry as they were before. I got no issue with that. Frankly 200X so bored me to death. Because it played it so totally safe. I don't care if its about Teela and Evil Lyn. Because i care about the Story and not what ever narrative your guys are trying to insert into it. Also there already a movie where Optimus Prime dies in the first 5 minutes in. Its Called Transformers the Movie and its great, Cult Classic you might say. All the Irrational Hatred towards this show makes not want take the criticism seriously. Maybe when people stop acting like 2 year old over this, i will.
    As a Transformers fan, let me tell you, people are even today are angry about that. Rodimus Prime remains a rather hated character - not just for replacing Optimus but also for being a complaining loser for most of Season 3. The way he sighs and bemoans how he tires of responsibility, you'd think he was Prime for a million years, not a few months. Ultra Magnus, honestly, does most of the job instead of him.
    And kids had parents write in complaints about Optimus getting killed, so much so, that Hasbro actually brought him back in the last episodes of Season 3. They thought we had no attachment to these characters, they are just toys they can replace. After they found out otherwise, they even rewrote the GI Joe movie -fun fact, that movie also killed off Duke and Cobra Commander, but after the mail campaign of Transformers, they added an ADR-ed line at the end saying Duke will be OK, and the next season of the show had Cobra Commander be restored from snake form to human as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    QFT I love it when someone states the obvious, I think in any fandom they are die hards that love ANYTHING and would rather have an inferior product then to upset people or question something where they will not got another cartoon movie etc.

    MYP changed SOME things but IMO they are better and did not mess with the core that was MOTU & He-Man For He-Man & Skeletor to BOTH say it's not about us?? Makes it a joke

    If you want a good laugh you should see the two episode making of where you see Smith,his Daughter & Mewes "Acting" like they like the property even "Playing" with the revelation figures....

    I wish Smith & Memes would go away and never come back two of the biggest no talent phony hacks in Hollywood...
    Thanks man! Ugh, he has a making of video too? I guess I have to check that someday, but yeah, not looking forward to that. I watched that video of Kevin where he and Orko's VA complain about fans and it was annoying enough. They should realize they would not have a livelyhood without fans who watch their stuff, at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Dude, you're after my heart. This is so spot on, thank you for writing this.

    In the end, I think one's opinion on Revelation, other than how much they care about the horrible writing, depends on how vital you think the He-Man/Skeletor rivalry is to the show, the brand in general.

    If you think that the whole point of MotU is He-Man and Skeletor beating each other, chances are you'll be disappointed.

    If you consider MotU being about the world, the Power and how it affects those around it ... I guess there are plenty of things to like.
    You are welcome! And well, I like the world too. One of the reasons I liked the 2002 show was how it put other Masters and villains in the spotlight too, not just the main characters (He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Evil-Lyn and Duncan). It also built up the world nicely, showing the various heroes and villains come from specific races and countries. The 1983 show did that too to some extent, too.
    If anything, I am thankful to Revelation for reigniting my interest in the 2002 show. I have not only rewatched it since, but decided to finish collecting the toys. I even managed to get some of the Staction statues, like Randor.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayskullPrime View Post
    This, this and all of this. Thank you for saving me the time to type all of this out. Man what a trainwreck and middle finger Smith gave to us fans.
    You are welcome! I sincerely hope no company ever lets this hack Kevin near any classic property ever again... I dread to think of a Transformers show written by him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Not everyone. All the unnecessary deaths they wrote in were trash IMO.
    What they did with poor Fisto and Clamp Champ (was he called Raenius in prior material, like the classic bios, too?) was terrible. Not only do they get turned into monsters, our heroes give up on restoring them immediately, blow them up with a grenade, we even see the burning corpses, and then adding insult to injury, Skeletor sends their souls to Subternia (because apparently He-Man always had this power???) And then at the end, when Scare Glow and his hordes from Subternia appear, Orko gets revived and gets to stay, but not Fisto and Clamp Champ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I didn't catch either of them if they were there. Just looked like generic Avions and Adreenids to me.
    They were just basically copy-pasting the same model everywhere. On some they took off the bottom part of the beard, or changed the color of it, or added a blue shirt... If any of these were the real Buzz-Off and Stratos, we would never know as they never speak, or look significantly different.

    Last edited by BB Shockwave; November 29, 2021 at 07:55am.

  22. #122
    Tri-Solar Lord Oceanwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Teela said she will be a Sorceress that will not just protect the power, but she is going to use the power, seemingly ike He-Man or what's bestowed on Battle Cat and Skelegod. So I get the logic of it.

    But I would love for Season 2 (Zoar willing) to explore if that's really possible to do both. The ol' with great power comes great responsibility mantra. Because loved ones will take away your focus and make you more vulnerable to your villains, and I would love to see Teela be faced with those ramifications. Even a romantic relationship with Adam (think Clark & Lois in Superman 2) might be enough to take her eye off the ball, just long enough to make Teela ultimately realize her mother was right - That to truly do the job, all relationships must be discarded. It really could be a compelling story!
    It's still impractical. She can't be everywhere at once while Grayskull becomes a tourist destination. Easiest way to lose the castle to squatters.

  23. #123
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    It's still impractical. She can't be everywhere at once while Grayskull becomes a tourist destination. Easiest way to lose the castle to squatters.
    Yep, I agree. And in addition to that, what did Sorceress Lyn say to Skeletor after knowing Adam's secret? Something to the effect of, you want to get to He-Man? Go after Randor. That's why I'd like to see the ramifications of their secrets being out and being away from the castle both explored. Show us the belief of the Sorceress, her seeing relationships as a detriment, may ultimately be right. And explore those consequences.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  24. #124
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now that Eternia is in capable hands with Teela and Andra,
    As a fan of all the Masters that reside in Eternia (besides the ones they killed off in seconds with awesome story telling!), this statement causes me mild irritation.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    No wonder these hack writers do not even try hard if it takes this little to impress you guys. His appearance was the cartoon equivalent of dangling keys in front of a baby.
    This is a good way to put it for a LOT of the appearances by both the Masters and the villains. Quick teases with no meat to them at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    It's again, because this is not Skeletor. This is Kevin Smith writing the Joker, disguised as Skeletor. If he actually had watched the show, he would know Skeletor has grand plans to find artifacts that grant him more power, to conquer lands, to corrupt people, and mostly, to get the Power of Grayskull, and He-Man is merely an obstacle he finds very annoying.
    But no, Kevin wrote him as Joker, who would never kill Batman because then he would not have anyone to play with.
    Pathetic.
    This is exactly how I described it when I was telling my sons how bad it was. It was ridiculous.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •