Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 enters Top 10 in Kids (US) | Chart Run

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 enters Top 10 in Kids (US) | Chart Run

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 enters the U.S. Netflix Kids chart at #6

UNITED STATES NETFLIX TOP 10 CHART RUN (OVERALL)

-

UNITED STATES NETFLIX TOP 10 CHART RUN (KIDS)

6-10-OUT

WORLDWIDE NETFLIX CHART RUN (ONLY TV SHOWS)

28-74-OUT

motur2no6inkids.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 26, 2021 at 11:48am.

It is likely not good to not get an overall the top 10 and only #6 on kids. There is probably increased competition this time compared to July for the overall top 10, but it should be at least higher on the kids. It would have been nice to see like a 9 or 10 on the overall and top 3 on the kids. I think Kevin said it needed to perform similarly to to Part 1 to get another season. Hopefully, the number of views is close enough. I think they changed how they rank things a bit as well. It is no longer just watch 2 or 3 minutes of something.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/streami...ull/#netflix-1

--------------------

28toptvshowsww.jpg

top10overall6countries.jpg

I don't see the show cracking the overall list if it didn't manage top three for the kids category. Hopefully Netflix recognizes that the show was hamstrung by splitting it in half.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It is likely not good to not get an overall the top 10 and only #6 on kids. There is probably increased competition this time compared to July for the overall top 10, but it should be at least higher on the kids.
    I wonder if a decrease in marketing also affected it? It was weird seeing people on social media responding they had now idea Part 2 was even coming out yesterday.

I think Kevin said it needed to perform similarly to to Part 1 to get another season. Hopefully, the number of views is close enough.
    I missed Kevin saying this. Do you remember where?
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post

here you go.

11FCFD23-9C1B-447D-A151-8DF90F9C62DD.jpeg
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Ahh... Thanks brother!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

One thing that could be hampering the kids ratings is the adult nature of Part 2...

There are definitely some questionable themes in these 5 episodes that are less than kid-friendly, and a lot more blood / death.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Let's not forget all the people who were scared off by the overwhelmingly negative reviews of Part 1.

MANY people decided, sight-unseen, that NONE of this show was worth their time. I'm not shocked that the numbers on this half are bad, despite those who actually watched it mostly saying they liked it better than Part 1. The "It's Terrible" camp were much louder from the outset, and ultimately, They Won.

It is what it is. It came, it went, it was a fun ride, but there's not gonna be any follow-up. Makes me wish they didn't drop such a massive sequel hook at the end like that. But hey, we can always imagine what might've happened. I guess.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    It is what it is. It came, it went, it was a fun ride, but there's not gonna be any follow-up.
    You say this kind of definitively. You know some inside information, or is this just your best guess after surveying the landscape?
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

As a Certified Cynic, I make it a point to expect the worst and in turn be proven right about 99% of the time.

Believe me, I live for those 1% moments when I'm totally wrong and things turn out okay. BUT. My gut is almost always right. And my gut says there's not gonna be any more to come. The negative voices were just too loud and while things could still turn around, the numbers are pretty bad (so far) for Part 2.

I don't buy that it was "because it's a holiday week" or "it had less marketing buzz than Part 1". I'm positive that the "It's terrible" people scared off a good number of folks who might have given it a chance.

If all we go by is Smith's own words - that it would take similar numbers to Part 1 to get a follow-up made - well, there we go. Part 2 likely isn't going to do numbers anywhere close to Part 1. Which means they won't make more.

Granted, there's every chance that HE knows something none of us know. I'm just taking his own words at face value. If similar "success" to Part 1 is required from Part 2 before a follow-up can be greenlit... well, Game Over.

Anyways, no, I don't "know". I just know that 99% of the time, if I want something, I don't get it. I WANT a follow-up - especially after that cliffhanger - but that alone pretty much assures it won't happen.

But if it does happen, then that's great. Like I said, the best parts of being a cynic aren't the hundreds of times I expect the worst and am proven completely right. It's the rare times I'm wrong, that's what's awesome. They're rather few and far between, however.

Time will tell. I'm sincerely rooting for more of this series, I just don't think it's realistic or practical to expect it. But we'll see.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    overwhelmingly negative reviews of Part 1.
    I'm sorry, what?

Unless you mean YouTube, because YouTube means nothing, it's the worst kind of clickbait.

I mean Everywhere. Including this very forum, where the people who "actually care" congregate. Critics' reviews are nice, but they're not actually fans of the property, nor are their voices strong enough to drown out a cacophony of hate from the many people who really don't like this show. I appreciate their input, but I don't find it terribly relevant in the grand scheme of things.

I've seen it be like 10-to-1 with people who hate it outnumbering people who like it. I wish it weren't so, but I can't ignore what's right in front of my face. Anyways, it's not about reviews or comments, it's about clicks. From what I've read, views for Part 2 are very low compared to Part 1. And Part 1 didn't do great numbers to start with.

We'll see. Again, I liked the show a lot and I'd like them to do more. But I'm also incredibly pragmatic, and the hate for this show is too overwhelming to ignore.

I just don't see it happening. I think it's done. But I'd love to be wrong. I can only call what I see, though.

It all comes back to the fact that the show was advertised all wrong (He-Man and Skeletor front and center), which opened the door for the "bait and switch" narrative. This needs to be said as well - Kevin Smith acting the way he did definitely didn't do the show any favors.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    The audience score reads different. And that's the measuring stick. Critics hated Ghostbusters: Afterlife and ranked it lower than the awful 2016 reboot, but audience consensus is it's the best fanservice flick made in years. Critics savaged Eternals, yet the Marvel audience appear to appreciate it.

In an age when Marvel movies deliberately lie and use blatantly false footage in their trailers, and then go on to get great reviews and gross a billion dollars ANYway... I don't think we can rely so heavily on the "We were bait-and-switched!" defense. All "marketing" is inherently based on falsehood, whether it be exaggeration or flat-out lies. We know that, and we accept it. Whether that's good or bad, it's so prevalent now that we really can't lean so heavily on THAT as a reason to be upset.

Everyone knows the Big Mac they get won't look like the picture. We're supposed to just shrug it off and get on with our lives. Oh, but with cartoons of all things, suddenly it REALLY matters that nobody is fudging the details in the commercials. Am I getting that right?

I mean, I get it. But it's some VERY selective criticism considering nobody EVER cares about "the commercials lied!" otherwise. That's all I can say about it. Very selective criticism. People don't care more when they ought to, but they care a ton when it's about Things Like This.

It's "Interesting".
    ----------

And ALL Metric Scores are trash, I'm sorry. Critics are completely out of touch with what audiences want, and audiences will review-bomb to try and skew things their way, like petulant children. It's all garbage, none of it actually means ANYTHING at all. It's just visual shorthand for people too lazy to form their own opinions. "When the metric aligns with my own opinion, it's Real. Otherwise, all those people are idiots!"

C'mon, who can honestly put any stock whatsoever into things like THAT? It's junk food for simpletons. "I don't know how I feel about this thing yet... better check Rotten Tomatoes and see what I think!" Dumb. That's how most people are now, and it's dumb.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; November 25, 2021 at 06:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The audience score reads different. And that's the measuring stick.
    It absolutely is not. In fact, Smith explicitly stated that Netflix doesn't care about the audience score.

Plus, review-bombing that's clearly been happening renders the whole thing meaningless. And even if it weren't so, the RT audience score just isn't a reliable metric.

I've even seen lots of "negative" critics' reviews on RT for various movies and shows, where the ACTUAL rating the person gave a thing was like, 3/5 stars. Which should be "good". BUT they had ONE line of text in the vein of, "Such and such could have been better" or "such and such doesn't really work", and that ONE "negative" sentence becomes the tagline and their entire review gets tagged "Rotten" despite being given a positive score by the person who wrote the review. Some of those individual critics have even reached out to the site asking them to change their way of doing things because of such things, but they won't.

*I* personally feel like reviews that are actually positive being labeled "negative" over a single sentence in a multi-paragraph review should be an indicator that the entire system is flawed to the point of being worthless. BUT that's me.

I really. REALLY. Do not like metric grading websites. In case that wasn't already obvious. All I see with them is people impotently looking for validation in the single most meaningless way possible. "Faceless people on the internet share my opinion! It's right there in the numbers! The numbers which I KNOW are easily manipulated but I'm PRETTY sure they're legit Right Now in this specific case! After all... they agree with ME so I KNOW they're a bunch'a sharp cookies over there!"

It's all so stupid. All of it.

I wouldn't get discouraged just yet, as it's entirely possible for MOTU:R to be in a stronger position when the Day 2 update comes in later this morning. We don't have enough information: While these current chart positions may give the impression that there was a devastating drop in viewership, we have to judge what we're seeing in the proper context and consider that the opposite may also be true OR that the drop isn't nearly as bad as it seems. There are more people at home in the U.S. to watch Netflix over the holiday / holiday weekend, so the current overall Top 10 probably has higher viewership than whatever was in the overall Top 10 back in July. That means that all possibilities are open for movies and shows that are outside of that, like the Kids sub chart. Basically what I'm saying is that, if Part 2 experienced a drop, the extent of that drop may be mitigated by the bump in overall Netflix viewership in the U.S. during this time of year.
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 25, 2021 at 07:48am.

I am not a Kevin Smith fan and while there was things I did not like about Revelations I do really hope there is a second season.

While I enjoyed the show, I still think this season's plot line would have worked way better for a season 2 after having MOTU being off the air for 2 decades. If going this way, releasing all the episodes at once would have been the best way to go. I feel like they really could have used some focus groups among adult fans of all walks of life before putting this show together. It doesn't mean you need to go with all their ideas, but they could have objectively told them things that they thought would set half of fans off that maybe they just don't get talking to fellow like minded employees. Some of the plot points and cosmetic appearance choices were unnecessary, didn't add anything, and only divided. Perhaps, this show will still get a season 2 if the number of views are close enough and I don't think they necessarily have to have Kevin Smith back to do it if he bows out. A #11 say could be as potentially strong view count wise as a #6 last time in the overall top 10 if the competition is heavier this time. We just don't know since Netflix releases little data. It is hard to judge. At 1st glance, I wish the numbers were better, though. If the kids rankings are ranking exactly the same way as the overall top 10, meaning you don't have to watch it in the kids section for it to count as a view, then only #6 there is a bit concerning. It still performed better than the CGI show, though, which could not crack the kids top 10.

- - - Updated - - -

#10 in the Kids Top 10 today. 5 Christmas movies in the Kids Top 10.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/streami...ull/#netflix-2

Day 2

I wonder if a decrease in marketing also affected it? It was weird seeing people on social media responding they had now idea Part 2 was even coming out yesterday.

I loved part one and even I didnít know when part two was happening until one of my hardcore MOTU fans posted the trailer on their FB(yes Iím old and outdated) page. I mean if I didnít know and I wanted to see it I wonder how many more ppl there are like me that had no clue.

I also agree that this show should not have been split into two. I wonder if that would have calmed the naysayers if they had seen all the episodes.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

This definitely played a part. The episodes literally sneaked in.

There was a big fan fair surrounding the release of the first part. You couldn't help but notice it. With Part 2, Netflix just dropped it and that was that. I think overall, Revelation has performed well enough. However, I do think Netflix dropped the ball by releasing it in two parts. It blatantly wasn't made with that in mind, and it shows. I do think that, overall, it would have performed significantly better if all ten episodes were released at once. I genuinely have no idea as to why they made that decision. There's also a lot more competition now, so I would assume that has also had a part to play.