Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 enters Top 10 in Kids (US) | Chart Run

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    It can but the quality of writing and level of popularity rarely intersect.
    You speaketh the truth.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

If people cared half as much about "good writing" as they pretend to, super-hero movies wouldn't be the most popular thing in movie history and the Transformers movies wouldn't have grossed a collective bazillion dollars.

I guess some people probably do. Most times, though, it's code for "I didn't like a thing but I can't give a solid reason as to why not." Saying "It's the writing, maaaaan" is very hard to refute so it works very well as a catch-all complaint. Nobody is going to ask you to show your work, after all. Despite the fact that MOST (not all) of people who claim to know what "good writing" is haven't written anything more complicated than a forum post since high school.

I mean, I know that isn't the case ALL of the time. Just most of it. You can tell, because MOST of the same "sins of bad writing" this show commits are very prevalent in lots and lots and LOTS of popular shows and movies, except in those cases it's not considered "good criticism" for whatever reason.

Like, I thought Godzilla vs. Kong was pretty terribly-written, for example. In that case, I was repeatedly told "It's not supposed to be High Art, it doesn't pretend to be. It's just fun! Just let it be fun and don't overthink it. Even if it is bad, it's supposed to be/allowed to be bad because of what it is."

Okay, then. I don't like doing that, but apparently for that movie I'm supposed to. So why should this show be any different? This show, like that movie, is not aiming to be "high art". For one, it's a cartoon show, and ostensibly it's somewhat aimed at kids, still. For another thing, it's a cartoon about a barbarian in a loincloth fighting a warlock with a skull-head. There's a guy named "Fisto" and a talking green tiger and a woman who wears a hollowed-out falcon's head as a hat. And people are gonna suddenly try and arbitrarily apply some high standard to it? Why? Like seriously, why would you even attempt that?

I mean if I had a dollar for every time something in a MOTU show either didn't make logical sense, was internally inconsistent, or was otherwise completely ridiculous, I could buy a solid gold house. Just putting it out there.

Selective criticism. If everyone who hated this show because "the writing is bad" as they claim is sincere that that's their reason, I best not ever hear them ever again talking about liking the latest MCU flick or whatever. I'm not gonna name names but I do try and keep track of Who says What. And some of these "the writing is bad" people have openly professed admiration for a LOT of terribly-written movies and TV shows and video games in their day. But NOW, all of a sudden, it's a thing that matters a lot?

Nah, I don't buy it. Given their opinions on other things, I am not convinced that most of these folks actually care very much about "good writing", or they wouldn't like a million other things they openly like. Their opinions are not consistent.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

According Flixpatrol the show Is not out from the kids chart.

5-6-5-4

Link:
    http://https://flixpatrol.com/title/masters-of-the-universe-revelation/top10/united-states/
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; November 27, 2021 at 03:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    According Flixpatrol the show Is not out from the kids chart.

5-6-5-4

Link:
    http://https://flixpatrol.com/title/masters-of-the-universe-revelation/top10/united-states/
    The numbers on that particular graph are not accurate. The kids chart run that you're seeing in the opening post was taken from what I saw directly on the U.S. Netflix Top 10 and squares with what Firefly saw on his end. Unless there is something that I'm missing, it appears that particular graph on Flixpatrol has impaired functionality.

EDIT:

It may be time to stop using Flixpatrol. I'm not sure where they are getting those kids chart rankings from, as they don't match what's actually shown on Netflix. Can anyone figure it out? I'm confused.
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 27, 2021 at 09:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm not sure where they are getting those kids chart rankings from, as they don't match what's actually shown on Netflix.
    As far as I understand it, what we see logging into our own personal Netflix accounts is representative of the top-10 in the country you reside, or sometimes culmative countries like the EU, and not indicative of a worldwide top-10 (if that helps.)
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    As far as I understand it, what we see logging into our own personal Netflix accounts is representative of the top-10 in the country you reside
    That's what I was getting at in my previous post. I've been logging into my U.S. Netflix account every day to follow the updates directly on Netflix. 6-10-OUT is what I saw for the U.S. Kids updates. Firefly is in the U.S. and it appears that's the chart run he saw on his end, too, because I think he posted one or two updates before the WW Flixpatrol page even updated. (The charts on U.S. Netflix update first, then a few hours later Flixpatrol updates) But now that I'm looking at what's shown on the Flixpatrol page/link that heavy-eternium posted (that page is supposed to be for U.S. only updates; compare it with this other isolated U.S. page for November 25), those U.S. Top Kids rankings don't match the U.S. Top Kids shown when logged into/viewing directly Netflix. The overall charts on FP may be wrong as well, now that I'm looking more closely on the isolated country page, which is making me question the WW chart run that I have in the opening post.
    Last edited by Tallstar; November 27, 2021 at 10:08am.

Yeah, I am just grabbing numbers directly from Netflix when I go on in the US. Flixpatrol appears to be a Czech Republic website, so I wonder how exactly they are getting their numbers. They don't appear to be accurate at least as far as their kids top 10 list in US in concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yeah, I am just grabbing numbers directly from Netflix when I go on in the US. Flixpatrol appears to be a Czech Republic website, so I wonder how exactly they are getting their numbers. They don't appear to be accurate at least as far as their kids top 10 list in US in concerned.
    Then I wonder if it's the entire US or perhaps your region of the US being displayed? Your timezone? Continental US or Alaska and Hawaii too?

Yeah, clarification would be nice. We do have some fans here that have friends inside of Netflix. Maybe they can find out?
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

The Flixpatrol kids top 10 list for Nov. 26th doesn't even list Cocomelon and that is always in the kids top 10. It is number 2 today in the US. There is no way that is not in the top 10.

Heroic Warrior
    First, holiday weekend. People are with their families all weekend and watching the foosball on TV, doing Cmas shopping etc. the ratings are a slow burn for something like this. He-man isnít the pop culture phenom it was 40 years ago so itís not going to blow up the service. If it stays steady itís fine. If we get season 2 I will be surprised but it was always planned as ten episodes and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in mi opinion it's quite opposite, the traffic on these days is way bigger and the competency much hard that it's no easy for a 2d animated show reachs the top tens now but the numbers are similar from part 1
    Just what was a top 5 or 10 months ago , today is not enough to get in.

Anyway i think people is giving a wrong vision toward the top tens " you are not in top ten ,you fail",nope friend the traffic on Netflix is impresive and the ,for example,spot 30 gets many hours viewed .

At the end of the day Revelation is working as a 2d animated show
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; November 29, 2021 at 02:45pm.

Just what barometer Netflix uses to measure success is a mystery that I don't think will ever be solved. Part 1 seemed to do very well. Part 2, I really don't know. Competition was always going to be fiercer now, and MOTUR was always going to find it hard to compete against some heavy hitters. There are shows that have seemingly performed worst than MOTUR that have received a continuation. I tend to think that Revelation has probably done well enough to warrant a few more episodes, but I don't think we'll be getting ten more. More realistically, it will probably be five or six. We'll see. Kevin Smith tweeted yesterday that his fingers are crossed for a second season. I do think Netflix should never have split the series into two parts. If it was released entirely as ten episodes in the summer, I think we would be talking about season two right now.

I think Netflix really did a disservice the show by splitting it up. They released all 10 episodes of the other show all at once. What was wrong with just waiting until November to release Revelation.

It's incredible Flixpatrol continue adding MOTUR in T10 Kids.
    There must be an explanation, I don't think the site is improvise.
    Idk maybe it's split in two charts , under and plus 7 ?