Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revelation Part 2 enters Top 10 in Kids (US) | Chart Run

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I also agree that this show should not have been split into two. I wonder if that would have calmed the naysayers if they had seen all the episodes.
    Some naysayers, I think yes.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I loved part one and even I didnít know when part two was happening until one of my hardcore MOTU fans posted the trailer on their FB(yes Iím old and outdated) page. I mean if I didnít know and I wanted to see it I wonder how many more ppl there are like me that had no clue.

I also agree that this show should not have been split into two. I wonder if that would have calmed the naysayers if they had seen all the episodes.
    There would definitely be no "they killed Orko and He-Man twice" backlash.

Another factor could also be how determined Mattel is to continually invest in MOTU media to keep the brand going with mainstream exposure. We don't know what sort of agreement Mattel Television has with Netflix. This is the most attention the MOTU brand has gotten in decades, literally since its 80's halcyon days, and the toys are apparently selling very well, so there's plenty of momentum to strategically maintain. How many seasons did that very divisive She-Ra show get, with significantly lower viewership than Revelation? Also, the CGI show is getting 26 episodes and also has far lower viewership. I wouldn't write off the possibility of a second season of Revelation just yet, especially with that massive cliffhanger at the end. I'm guessing we'll hear something around NYTF.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    How many seasons did that very divisive She-Ra show get, with significantly lower viewership than Revelation
    Most of those 'seasons' were already commissioned and in the can regardless of viewership. Just like CG He-Man. There would also have been fewer seasons of it had Netflix not split the last couple of them in two.

How many seasons did that very divisive She-Ra show get, with significantly lower viewership than Revelation?
    The Netflix She-Ra show also probably cost next to nothing. The animation was simple and there weren't any notable voice actors. The financial difference between the two shows is probably night and day.

Another factor could also be how determined Mattel is to continually invest in MOTU media to keep the brand going with mainstream exposure. We don't know what sort of agreement Mattel Television has with Netflix. This is the most attention the MOTU brand has gotten in decades, literally since its 80's halcyon days, and the toys are apparently selling very well, so there's plenty of momentum to strategically maintain. How many seasons did that very divisive She-Ra show get, with significantly lower viewership than Revelation? Also, the CGI show is getting 26 episodes and also has far lower viewership. I wouldn't write off the possibility of a second season of Revelation just yet, especially with that massive cliffhanger at the end. I'm guessing we'll hear something around NYTF.
    SPOP was more of a series order that had it's 2nd season spilt in 2. It would have gone on no matter how much viewership it got.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

She-Ra got a 52 episode order upfront. A 52 to 65 upfront order is pretty standard for a DreamWorks show. CGI He-Man has an order of 26. Unfortunately, Revelation is only a season to season type show like Castlevania, so it only got 10 episodes upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

UNITED STATES NETFLIX TOP 10 CHART RUN (KIDS)

6-10-?]
    I think it is 5-6-5 according Flixpatrol

I wouldn't minimize Netflix top ten kids ,it's a valid list as top ten movie or top ten series . Millions and millions of accounts

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, in the kid's chart it seems to be at number 6 as of the 24th November. Quite an odd one, though, as the kid's chart is populated by children’s shows, through and through, whilst Revelation isn't strictly a kid's show. The BBFC, which is the UK's equivalent of the MPAA, rated all the episodes 12, which is our version of America's PG13.

Heroic Warrior
    WHAAATTTT?

Are you telling me kids aren't jaded, cynical, full of 'toxicity', or any of the other 'culture war' trendy words as adults?

Either that or adults are just using their kids', or their OWN kid accounts, to hide their interests and/or love for the show from their peers?

Who knows, but us adults can be wacky like that.

Last edited by tnktrk; November 25, 2021 at 08:32pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Let's not forget all the people who were scared off by the overwhelmingly negative reviews of Part 1.

MANY people decided, sight-unseen, that NONE of this show was worth their time. I'm not shocked that the numbers on this half are bad, despite those who actually watched it mostly saying they liked it better than Part 1. The "It's Terrible" camp were much louder from the outset, and ultimately, They Won.

It is what it is. It came, it went, it was a fun ride, but there's not gonna be any follow-up. Makes me wish they didn't drop such a massive sequel hook at the end like that. But hey, we can always imagine what might've happened. I guess.
    Overwhelmingly positive reviews hampered by overwhelming review bombers you mean? It was literally the same people over and over saying things that have now been proven false and are in some cases crowing that they, in spite of it having been an impossible task to do, gotten the show changed and redone inÖ 4 months when it was near completion and just in post production clean up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    It will be a slow climb up because yes, the holiday. People are busy with family and football. Anybody who denies that just wants failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 2 days, Part 2 is out of the kids top 10. I believe Part 1 lasted around a week in the kids top 10 last time and 3 days in the overall top 10. I'm talking strictly the US numbers.

Opening post just updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Opening post just updated.
    Thanks for staying on top of this Tallstar.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Goodbye season 2.
    Once again we'll lost the Horde invasion

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Goodbye season 2.
    Once again we'll lost the Horde invasion
    If I had to bet one way or another, I'd put my money on not having a season 2...

...but it would be interesting to learn how they guage Part One's big ratings with Part Two's middling ratings, considering Part Two got considerably less promotion.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    It was a mistake splitting it in two parts. I really don't know why Netflix did it. As I said before, part 1 was surrounded by quite the marketing push. You couldn't really avoid it. Then Netflix just dropped part 2 over night. I had to remind my brother the other day that it’s dropped. That's definitely had a part to play. I don't think it’s as easy as saying that no one liked part 1, so didn't turn up for part 2. If that were the case, part 1 would have dropped like a stone. I think a lack of visibility and stiffer competition made it harder for part 2 to stick around as long as part 1 did. The surrounding toxicity of part 1 probably had a small part to play, but no way near as significant as some would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Then Netflix just dropped part 2 over night. I had to remind my brother the other day that it’s dropped. That's definitely had a part to play.
    Yeah, there was definitely people on social media saying they didn't know Part Two dropped either. Such a weird decision to split the season, then release Part Two the way they did.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Too late to "save" this series, but if nothing else maybe Netflix will learn a few lessons from this for the future. SO many mistakes were made in the marketing and release of this show. But splitting it in half and then dropping the resolution with barely a peep were the two biggest for sure. It's almost as if they didn't actually believe in it or even want it to do well.

I'm not blaming the holiday or football. Not enough people know/care about it. That's it, that's all.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Netflix needs to recognize and own that the diminished ratings for the so-called "part 2" are solely the result of their pigheaded decision to split up a season that was never meant to be split up. In that context, only the ratings for "part 1" should really count.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Hopefully Netflix recognizes that the show was hamstrung by splitting it in half.
    Pretty sure it was hamstrung by the terrible writing.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Pretty sure it was hamstrung by the terrible writing.
    Writing does not determine popularity

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Writing does not determine popularity
    Preeeeetty sure good writing helps.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Preeeeetty sure good writing helps.
    It can but the quality of writing and level of popularity rarely intersect.