Thread: NEW MOTU Episode of "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel

NEW MOTU Episode of "Modern Marvels" on the History Channel

I am not sure where to post this or if this has already been posted but I wanted to let people here know about this as I am sure they will want to see this.

NEXT WEEK, Sunday, December 5th, 2021, at 10:03 PM EST, on the History Channel airs a NEW episode of Modern Marvels and it is going to be about Masters of the Universe.

Starting last night History Channel has two new shows focused on toys. Every Sunday night starting at 9:00 PM EST The Toys that Built America airs followed by Modern Marvels with new episodes about toys. Next week's episode of The Toys that Built America looks to be about G.I. Joe and Barbie.

The first two shows were pretty good last night. I can't wait until next week's shows. I hope everyone checks them out.
    Last edited by MGurlea; November 29, 2021 at 07:39am.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Cool! Thanks for posting this MGurlea! I'll have to make a mental reminder to check this out!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

I'm looking forward to it... have the DVR set and everything. I started watching these last week and even without MOTU it was great to watch... so the MOTU episode will only be that much sweeter!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

This sounds kind of cool.... but it is on the History Channel. I'm half expecting them to tell us how all of the "toys that built America" were actually made by Ancient Aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This sounds kind of cool.... but it is on the History Channel. I'm half expecting them to tell us how all of the "toys that built America" were actually made by Ancient Aliens.
    Ancient Aliens is quite possibly the GREATEST SHOW EVER MADE! LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone don't forget to watch the show TONIGHT! Modern Marvels on The History Channel at 10:03 PM EST.

The show before at 9, The Toys That Built America, is about G.I. Joe so you might want to watch that one too.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGurlea View Post
    NEXT WEEK, Sunday, December 5th, 2021, at 10:03 PM EST, on the History Channel airs a NEW episode of Modern Marvels and it is going to be about Masters of the Universe.
    Hmm. It's 10:13 PM EST and I'm just watching how Monopoly is made...

- - - Updated - - -

Motu was just featured. 5 minutes. 10:35-10:40. We got to see them work on some Revelation figures!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

I thought both shows were pretty good last night. The show at 9, The Toys That Built America, was about the history of both Mattel and Hasbro. Really interesting. Modern Marvels at 10 did interview some of the Mattel designers of MOTU and they showed how they work on them. The 3D printer was crazy looking. Both shows are good and interesting, if you are interested in toys, and worth the time to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MGurlea View Post
    I thought both shows were pretty good last night. The show at 9, The Toys That Built America, was about the history of both Mattel and Hasbro. Really interesting. Modern Marvels at 10 did interview some of the Mattel designers of MOTU and they showed how they work on them. The 3D printer was crazy looking. Both shows are good and interesting, if you are interested in toys, and worth the time to watch.
    Hmmm, it looks like I just DVRd "The Toys That Built America" and not "Modern Marvels." Hopefully it will be added to YouTube soon. So far, this is all I could find:
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    I gotta say that I'm kinda disappointed with this round of Modern Marvels. I remember the old shows really going into detail on how things got made but so far the Play-Doh segment was probably the most in-depth and that wasn't much more than showing how bread or candy gets made... Sure there are some interesting bits in there but without going to the overseas factories I doubt that it's going to be much more than pretty basic stuff.
    My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.