View Poll Results: Did you enjoy it?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Loved it! I was happy with all or most of what the show had to offer.

20 36.36%
  • Yes. Enjoyed it. Could have been better but overall I really liked it.

19 34.55%
  • Meh. It was OK. Liked some things and disliked others.

7 12.73%
  • No. Just did not enjoy it. Too many things about the show I disliked.

2 3.64%
  • Hard no. Disliked the show and think it was a disservice to the franchise.

6 10.91%
  • Refused to watch it.

1 1.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revelation-complete. Did you enjoy it?

Revelation-complete. Did you enjoy it?

Now that it's complete how did you feel about Masters of the Universe: Revelation?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Overall, I liked it quite a bit.
    There were some things I would have changed, but that rings true for every single iteration of MOTU that has come before. But- I have to say this- as an adult, I was way more on board with Revelation than I was as a kid when Filmation aired. I was a toys & mini-comics MOTU kid first and foremost. When Filmation came along and did everything it did, I didn't really enjoy about 70% of it at the time. Of course, as time's passed I enjoy Filmation quite a bit as an adult and have a better appreciation of what they were doing with the means that they had. I came around to liking it the same way I came around to loving the '87 movie years and years later.

Revelation was a thrill ride that I didn't want to get off of. Did I absolutely love every twist and turn it took? No, not all of it. But the overall experience was something I'm not sure I'll see repeated again. Which is a shame, because I would love to see a proper Season Two (or would it be called Part 3?) to see where it all goes next. Or if Powerhouse/Netflix wants to give us a New Eternia series (based off of the Masterverse line that's coming), I'd be onboard for that show!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I liked it, more than I expected. Is it perfect? Definitely not, but I'm satisfied with it.

I will love for it to have a second season and third, and more.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Overall, I liked it quite a bit.
    There were some things I would have changed, but that rings true for every single iteration of MOTU that has come before. But- I have to say this- as an adult, I was way more on board with Revelation than I was as a kid when Filmation aired. I was a toys & mini-comics MOTU kid first and foremost. When Filmation came along and did everything it did, I didn't really enjoy about 70% of it at the time.
    I think a lot of my disappointment comes from my hopes that they were going to make a "Filmation" style show with the more (I don't even know how to put it) mature/serious(?) versions of all the characters as they were shown in the mini-comics. Man-at-Arms got this treatment but he was the only one.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I found Revelation absolutely wonderful.

I thought the words of @Mach5 captured my feelings really better than I could, that no past iteration of MOTU comes close to Revelation in the terms of scope, ambition, & execution and it treated a charming classic television series designed to sell toys like it was Tolkien.

The score! The visuals! The feels!

BRAVO!!!!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Overall enjoyed. There are some problems with the writing, but still enjoyed the story.

Overall the entire show is/was great, best version of Masters of the universe we've ever been treated to so far. I love the animation,the music, the dialogue for the most part. Sure it had its moments of "what the hell?"or "why did they do that!?" but everything does, if you look at it closely enough. I have a lot of issues with the last five episodes but nothing that I'm going to bore anybody to tears with over the fact that nothing can be done about it anyways. Maybe I'll get my wish of having Zodiac come down and correct some of the wrongs that were done, but I'm not holding my breath. Bring on the Horde invasion....

It was decent... I enjoyed the first half more than the second half, but overall good stuff. The tie-in comic was okay, but felt even more rushed than the second half of the show. That said, I'd love to see more of this series.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think a lot of my disappointment comes from my hopes that they were going to make a "Filmation" style show with the more (I don't even know how to put it) mature/serious(?) versions of all the characters as they were shown in the mini-comics. Man-at-Arms got this treatment but he was the only one.
    I totally get that and think I know what you mean. I did enjoy the version Powerhouse/Netflix/Kevin Smith gave us, but I do think something closer to what you're describing would have been about ten times better.

I would like to see another season based on what Revelation presented us with, but maybe with a slightly different flavor (different voice actors for some of the roles, different writers maybe). Basically, I wouldn't want more of the same- I would want to see further episodes actually improve upon what came in the previous 10 episode arc. Not necessarily looking for them to retcon things per se, but some of where things were left off need some smoothing over, IMO. There's some plot points that need addressing in any future story.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

An incredibly animated series based on the classic Masters of the Universe and their world? Oh, heck yeah!

I really appreciate the beautiful character designs, the great action set-pieces, the smooth animation, amazing backgrounds (showcasing so many iconic and cool places on Eternia), the deep dive into MOTU lore, the love, dedication and research the writers put into the scripts, the continuation of Teela's story (we finally get to see her become the all-powerful Sorceress!!), the music and the fun throwbacks, nods and homage to every era of MOTU... from the Snake Mountain playset to Pigboy to Wundar!

Honestly, this show may not be everyone's bread and butter, but it is a fantastic update to a series that we all loved from our earliest days. Get on, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I had some issues with it, but it was still a thoroughly satisfying watch.

It wasn't perfect but still went way above my initial expectations.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

"Hard no. Disliked the show and think it was a disservice to the franchise."

Disservice? Ouch.

Maybe if they left He-Man dead, blew up Eternia and had everyone else escape to Earth, I might consider it a disservice...

As is, it added to the rich lore, updated the characters with incredible designs, had great music and animation, and introduced MOTU to a new generation of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    "Hard no. Disliked the show and think it was a disservice to the franchise."

Disservice? Ouch.

Maybe if they left He-Man dead, blew up Eternia and had everyone else escape to Earth, I might consider it a disservice...

As is, it added to the rich lore, updated the characters with incredible designs, had great music and animation, and introduced MOTU to a new generation of fans.
    It's all in the eye of the viewer. Some people, myself included would say that the show presented some fan-favorite characters completely out of character. Others would point out that, as far as it seems, two very popular characters are dead. At least one more is questionable.

So yes, I think the word disservice works for some of us fans. And consider this; you don't have to think every part of the show is absolutely awful to feel this way. You just have to feel as though there were more negatives than positives.

It's all in the eye of the viewer. Some people, myself included would say that the show presented some fan-favorite characters completely out of character. Others would point out that, as far as it seems, two very popular characters are dead. At least one more is questionable.

So yes, I think the word disservice works for some of us fans. And consider this; you don't have to think every part of the show is absolutely awful to feel this way. You just have to feel as though there were more negatives than positives.
    I was looking at it from the lens of Revelation, the show, doing absolutely nothing in service of the brand and, instead, does the opposite: a disservice.

For me, that is not the case. I feel that Revelation adds another thread to the MOTU mythos that fans, old and new, can grab onto and discover more about the world of He-Man & Co. - just like PoP, NA, MYP, and SPoP before it.

I was looking at it from the lens of Revelation, the show, doing absolutely nothing in service of the brand and, instead, does the opposite: a disservice.
    I see what you're saying but would again say, for some of us fans, it did a disservice. What it added to the lore, not all of us think it was a good thing.

Plus if they've produced a product that divides your current fan base you have to wonder, could they have produced a product that the high majority of fans would have liked?

I'd put it like this: if Revelation creates new fans in greater number than the fans that were very displeased, then it could not be considered a disservice.

I see what you're saying but would again say, for some of us fans, it did a disservice. What it added to the lore, not all of us think it was a good thing.

Plus if they've produced a product that divides your current fan base you have to wonder, could they have produced a product that the high majority of fans would have liked?

I'd put it like this: if Revelation creates new fans in greater number than the fans that were very displeased, then it could not be considered a disservice.
    That's fair. Nobody can be forced to like something, and nobody should feel obligated to like something when their gut tells them otherwise.

When New Adventures came out, it was obliterated by the fans... it pulled three beloved characters from the Filmation show and threw them into the future, into space, and drastically altered their designs.

I loved the Filmation shows and I could see where people would feel that NA was sacrilege... but, I always appreciated the fact that it broadened the MOTU lore, introduced a bunch of new good guys and bad guys, and expanded the mythos beyond the boundaries of Eternia / Etheria.

I feel a bit like this about Revelation too. Maybe some aspects of the show have caused new viewers to explore this whole MOTU thing...

I feel a bit like this about Revelation too. Maybe some aspects of the show have caused new viewers to explore this whole MOTU thing...
    I'm a fan first so I actually do hope so. I'd be perfectly happy if it turns out Revelation brings a ton of new interest in the line.

It was decent... I enjoyed the first half more than the second half,
    I tolerated the second half better . I believe its due to the fact the second half was adjusted to appease the EVIL Haters of destruction but that had the consequence of making the first half even more inconsistent . You can see an animation difference between Andra At Arms vs original Andra . Andra was being set up for something big but suddenly went nowhere .

Teela acts much nicer and is pretty much giving Adam all her attention while pretty much ignoring Andra . The only reason for Fisto was to make cheap fist jokes .

I was surprised to see more screen time for Pig boy and Goatman . I expected only that image of them standing in line which was a good enough Easter egg . Kudo,s

The power of Grayskull , the sword of power ,The role of Sorceress , The role of Champion . Its an utter mess . More than one media in the good old days brought up the subject of bad guys trying to mess the Sword of Power . Secret of the sword Shadow Weaver gets a little zap for trying to discover its secrets . A ladybug book story has Beast Man getting his hand burnt for grabbing it .

The swords of Power and Protection are sentient and picky to safeguard against this whole revelation plot line of You get the power and You get the power and You get the power . Everyone gets the power . And Oprah,s audience goes wild .

Super Evil Lynn the Champion Sorceress trying to snuff the universe reminded me of DragonBall Z . Even that should have a fail safe called Zodak . People pointed to me that he is a watcher . Well I say thats because he was not needed . HeMan took care of the troubles which was always contained in Eternia . Zodak and Co was needed now . Imagine how cool it would have been to have Sorceress Teela and a bunch of Cosmic Enforcers hog tying Super Saiyan LYNN .
    Last edited by Lokus; December 27, 2021 at 02:20am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I tolerated the second half better . I believe its due to the fact the second half was adjusted to appease the EVIL Haters of destruction but that had the consequence of making the first half even more inconsistent . You can see an animation difference between Andra At Arms vs original Andra . Andra was being set up for something big but suddenly went nowhere .
    I don't think that the studio would have had time to adjust anything of this magnitude - even if they wanted to.

The scripts were written and the animation was already well on its way to completion (if not already finished) when Part 1 was released. Remember, this was always a 10 episode series... they just broke it into two parts.

Count me in as one of the people who absolutely love MOTU Revelation, especially Evil-Lyn!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I don't think that the studio would have had time to adjust anything of this magnitude - even if they wanted to.

The scripts were written and the animation was already well on its way to completion (if not already finished) when Part 1 was released. Remember, this was always a 10 episode series... they just broke it into two parts.

How many months between the first half and second ? If it was good to go why not just show all 10 episodes at once ?

Filmation chugged one hand drawn MOTU episode per week . I am not suggesting they even made new episodes from scratch . They already had at least 80 percent usable content and just needed to snip and add a fresh 20 percent . All done on modern computers .

The world has suffered and resisted many rebooted franchises that decided to hit people on the head with a political stick instead of offering a good story . There was no reason to believe this one would be different . They were hoping big names and quality animation might smooth things over a bit .

They tested the waters with 5 episodes and tried to do some damage control because of the negative response .

I imagine Mattel was breathing down their necks as this impacts product sales . People vote with their wallets .
    Last edited by Lokus; December 30, 2021 at 04:34pm.

I went with the 2nd option. I enjoyed it a lot, but there was a decent amount I would change about it if I could.

Widget
    I'm new to MOTU in general. I started with She-Ra and the Princesses of Power about a year ago, followed by Revelation and the comics. I've begun to dip my toes into Filmation and with it, collecting the Origins action figures line. (My poor wallet...)

I voted for the enthusiastic yes answer, because I think Revelation is one of the most gorgeous animated shows I've ever witnessed. The pacing in the first half left much to be desired, for me personally, but the second half made up for it. I binged the whole second half in one evening because I couldn't stop watching, which is something I don't think I've done since Downton Abbey.

All in all, it was a fantastic experience that helped get a new adult fan into the MOTU universe and hobby. My fingers have been crossed for many weeks in hopes of a second season announcement later this year. Kevin Smith had a Twitter thread yesterday chock-full of positivity about Revelation, so I hope that the vitriolic haters have latched onto something else at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    It was ok. I like evil lyns headdress. Would love that in classics.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk