Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 112

Thread: Custom of Origins Figures

  1. #51
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Mer Man

    Purpose: Filmation Version.
    Since its release in the 80s, Mer Man's face has always been somewhat controversial, first because it was nothing like the photo on the back of the blister packs, and let's admit the original face, it's pretty ugly and nonsensical. And then came the cartoon with a third head that didn't look like the original thrown head or the one in the blister photo.
    Initially I bought the Mer Man from Wave 3, because until that moment we had no idea that the Origins figures could have figures that weren't released in the 80s, my focus was always the filmation version of Mer Man, as that was what I knew.
    Since the original head is so different from the Filmation version, I could just make a new head from scratch based on the cartoon version and it would even be less work for me to do that and the face would look more like the Filmation version though, if if I did that, the head would be fixed to the neck, it would lose 360° movement and I would never be able to change his head again, so I chose to use the original head as a base and make the necessary modifications on top of it using epoxy putty.
    After a few months, the Mer Man LOP came out, and I didn't really intend to buy it, however I noticed if I put of the Mer Man Wave 3 chest armor and the head I made on the Mer Man LOP body. , it would be almost perfect for Filmation version, I was really reluctant to do that because I didn't want to spend more money on another figure, butttttttt, I ended up surrendering haha, and that's the result and maybe this is my favorite customization made by me.

    Update
    After I finished writing the post, I decided to give it one more try with something I wanted to do. Since I bought Mer Man LOP, I noticed that his underpants was not so similar to the other characters which is textured with fur. But, as you know, there's no way to remove the characters' groin legs easily, so if it's not going to be the easy way, it's going to be the difficult way. I forced the tip of a knife into the dividers of the fitting of the creases of the figures, detail I did this on the end that fits into the chest because if the knife had marked the plastic (as it happened) it would not be evident. So I did that on the two figures, swapped their legs, and glued their crotch shut. I won't deceive you, it was quite difficult and risky, but everything worked out, just be careful.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; December 20, 2021 at 01:29am.

  2. #52
    Widget
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    11
    Love the custom merman head you made! In the future, you can use boiling hot water to soften the rubber of hip joints and remove them for swapping. Hope that helps.

  3. #53
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Stovall View Post
    Love the custom merman head you made! In the future, you can use boiling hot water to soften the rubber of hip joints and remove them for swapping. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for enjoying and thanks for the tip!

  4. #54
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Evil-Lyn

    Purpose: Filmation Version.
    Initially like most people I bought the original Evil-Lyn, with yellow skin. But then came Wave 5 and we found out that Mattel wasn't just going to have figures based on figures from the 80s, even when I saw it for the first time I thought it was fake haha. What most motivated me to buy the Evi-Lyn 200x was that it has a more normal shade of fur, I like the clothes to be purple too, but the original blue clothes didn't bother me so much.
    However since I had the two Evil-Lyns, I noticed that the blue boots from the original Evil-Lyn matched the purple shade of the Evi-Lyn 200x outfit, so I changed them.
    The cover was not made by me, it was made by my mother, as I don't know how to sew.

    Modifications:

    • With a fine-tipped tool I shaved the eyes and the original painted eyebrows.
    • I repainted the eyes and eyebrow as I thought best, of black.
    • I painted his mouth a burgundy color.
    • I painted the lilac details on her helmet.
    • I painted the details of the helmet's skull black.
    • I put the original Evil-Lyn blue boots on the 200x body.
    • I painted the hair on her boot purple.
    • I put a black cape on it, made of satin.
    • I painted the orb black on her staff.


    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #55
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Fisto

    Purpose: Filmation Version.
    If you notice the sides of Fisto's beard don't touch his sideburns, which is bad as they should connect. However, I solved this probnlem.

    Modifications:

    • I improved your eye paint.
    • I thickened his eyebrows.
    • With epoxy putty I made the sides of his beard, and then painted.



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; December 24, 2021 at 04:01am.

  6. #56
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Faker

    As everyone may know, the blue Faker as the puppet never appeared in the cartoon, I mean, more or less, because a special episode was produced, entitled "The Return of Faker", where we see Faker as we know him from the puppet , and it was what I wanted to base myself on.
    Although I really want to paint the chest armor pink to look like the one in the cartoon, unfortunately because the material of the armor is malleable I know the paint I use would crack so I can't paint it. And since I didn't paint the armor pink, I didn't paint his hair orange either, since the armor will already be orange, everything would be very orange, so I decided to keep the original color of his hair.

    Modifications:
    • I painted your eyes white.
    • I repainted his eyebrows.



    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; January 1, 2022 at 05:00pm.

  7. #57
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Kronis

    Here in Brazil at least, I still haven't seen a person who liked Kronis' face, and I'm no different, I didn't like it either. His face has rough features and doesn't even seem to be from the same collection. I didn't have anything to base myself on to customize it, so I basically just tried to make it better.

    Modifications:

    • I repainted his eyes.
    • I repainted his eyebrows.
    • I painted the teeth dividers black.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; December 29, 2021 at 12:46am.

  8. #58
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeLuiz08 View Post
    Custom Faker

    As everyone may know, the blue Faker as the puppet never appeared in the cartoon, I mean, more or less, because a special episode was produced, entitled "The Return of Faker", where we see Faker as we know him from the puppet , and it was what I wanted to base myself on.
    Although I really want to paint the chest armor pink to look like the one in the cartoon, unfortunately because the material of the armor is malleable I know the paint I use would crack so I can't paint it. And since I didn't paint the armor pink, I didn't paint his hair orange either, since the armor will already be orange, everything would be very orange, so I decided to keep the original color of his hair.

    Modifications:
    • I painted your eyes white.
    • I repainted his eyebrows.



    https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...dXrjnFsufjNIdQ

    Kudos again to your great work! You do so much with such little changes.

    Did you know you can buy the harness in the color you want? The price isn't cheap, but you can if you want. I have bought from this customizer before and have liked the quality.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/332965561926

  9. #59
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Kudos again to your great work! You do so much with such little changes.

    Did you know you can buy the harness in the color you want? The price isn't cheap, but you can if you want. I have bought from this customizer before and have liked the quality.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/332965561926
    Interesting, adding the cost of the product, plus taxes and shipping, in my country's currency, tjis it's the equivalent of 4 Origins figures, maybe 5, simply impractical, but thank you very much for the tip. And once again I'm glad you liked it.

  10. #60
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeLuiz08 View Post
    Interesting, adding the cost of the product, plus taxes and shipping, in my country's currency, tjis it's the equivalent of 4 Origins figures, maybe 5, simply impractical, but thank you very much for the tip. And once again I'm glad you liked it.
    Yeah, I didn't buy it either, though I'd like to. But seeing your custom got me thinking about it again... it would be a very cool variant.

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior DadStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    503
    I have bought a few of his things over the years and the quality is excellent, albeit pricy but great none the less. I did preorder a WB He-Man Origins head a few weeks ago, I can't get mine to turn out right and got extremely frustrated at the whole thing. Paid $5 for the base figure so splurging on the head to make it look good is fine by me... and less stressful!
    Instagram: dadhausen

  12. #62
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    I have bought a few of his things over the years and the quality is excellent, albeit pricy but great none the less. I did preorder a WB He-Man Origins head a few weeks ago, I can't get mine to turn out right and got extremely frustrated at the whole thing. Paid $5 for the base figure so splurging on the head to make it look good is fine by me... and less stressful!
    Cool, but what does WB mean?

  13. #63
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeLuiz08 View Post
    Cool, but what does WB mean?
    I think he means Wonder Bread He-Man (Wundar), but I'll let him specify. Lots of people customize that character.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior DadStrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I think he means Wonder Bread He-Man (Wundar), but I'll let him specify. Lots of people customize that character.
    Correct sir.
    Instagram: dadhausen

  15. #65
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    I have bought a few of his things over the years and the quality is excellent, albeit pricy but great none the less. I did preorder a WB He-Man Origins head a few weeks ago, I can't get mine to turn out right and got extremely frustrated at the whole thing. Paid $5 for the base figure so splurging on the head to make it look good is fine by me... and less stressful!
    Oh yeah, but his head looks exactly like a vintage He-Man head, just dye his hair brown.

  16. #66
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Skeletor (Rise of the Evil)

    I see a lot of people saying that the Skeletor head from Rise of the Evil is the ultimate Skeletor head of all time, the glowing eyes are cool but I think it's weird, I apologize to anyone who likes it. So I decided to standardize it with the other Skeletor heads in the collection. Remember when I said that I used the mouth of this head to make the normal Skeletor mouth in the first posts? so here I did the same thing but instead I based on the eyes of the first head to do this one. As you can see, I reduced the size of the glowing red pupils, and this gave an appearance that reminds he a lot of in the 200x, where the Skeletor's eyes light up every now and then.
    And about Keldor, I basically just improved his paintwork a little bit, didn't make any drastic changes.
    Note: The last two photos are combinations I made, and the feet used in the first photo are from Scare Glow.

    Modifications:

    Keldor
    • I painted the white part of his eyes.
    • I painted the tips of his eyebrows.

    Skeletor
    • I used epoxy putty to reduce the size of her eyes and give her a more meaner expression.
    • I used epoxy putty to reduce your nose and gives it more depth.
    • I painted most of his eyes black, leaving only a dot in the middle to shine.
    • I repainted his nose.
    • I painted the corners of the mouth black, to make the opening of the mouth look bigger.
    • I matched the size of the teeth with paint.




    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; December 30, 2021 at 08:08am.

  17. #67
    Court Magician He-Man67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Eternia, Texas
    Posts
    59
    Excellent upgrade! Not a fan of chipped tooth.

  18. #68
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    My favorite yet. I want to try this myself. I have plenty of Skeletor heads lying around.

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,438
    It kind of takes away from the "Alcala" look, but I still like it.

  20. #70
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man67 View Post
    Excellent upgrade! Not a fan of chipped tooth.
    Well, I have a vocation for dentistry, don't you think? haha

    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    My favorite yet. I want to try this myself. I have plenty of Skeletor heads lying around.
    I wanted Skeletor's vintage head, I usually like my figures with neutral expressions.

    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It kind of takes away from the "Alcala" look, but I still like it.
    So man, I really like the red-eyed Skeletor and with cape, I think the that they fit well to the character, especially the cape, I'll talk more about that in the next post. Buttttt... I really like the designs I got to know the character from, in this case Filmation.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,438
    Yeah I know you're going for the Filmation look and not mini-comic, so you definitely captured that!

  22. #72
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Skeletor

    "Behold the Lord of Destruction!"

    Purpose: Version Revelation
    As I mentioned earlier, I love the idea of Skeletor having a cape, I think it matches a magnitude of character. Although in 200x, Skeletor uses cape from time to time, his cape was simply a rectangle of cloth on his back, but in Revelation on his cape covers his arms, and it looks so good on him. It's even a criticism that I make the original Revelation figure that didn't cape like in the cartoon. As I mentioned, I don't know how to sew, so I asked my mom to do it for me.
    The pieces of Millennium Puzzle Bandai come in a kind of golden plastic structure for the person to highlight, but I kept this structure that would normally be thrown away, and with that I made the Shaping Staff.


    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; January 3, 2022 at 04:04pm.

  23. #73
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    Custom Stinkor

    Purpose: Version Revelation
    Before we start work, does your Stinkor stink? Because mine luckily doesn't smell like anything, initially his chest armor smelled like plastic, but the next day I opened the figure, it didn't smell like anything anymore, I really didn't want it to smell bad, because I didn't want that smell make use of the other figures.
    When I watched 200x for the first time, I really liked the origin episode of Stinkor, I think it's cool to know the origin of the characters, and one thing that caught my attention was the enhancement of its design, they put a type of respirator with an oxygen tank on it, I think that's what inspired his design in the Classics figure, which inspired the design in Revelation.
    Besides the accessories, I also messed with his face, I definitely don't like that "cat" face of Mer-Man.
    The mask in his mouth is removable, made with a magnet, I stuck several pins in his mouth and then painted everything black, creating a metal surface for the magnet to stick to. It was one of my most brilliant ideas.

    Modifications:

    • I removed his ears with pliers, and with a fire-warmed knife, I smoothed his head.
    • I used epoxy putty to redo her ears, now in the correct shape.
    • I painted the ears black.
    • I painted the white stripe on his head.
    • I completely repainted his eyes.
    • I put several pins in his mouth and painted everything black.
    • I painted your teeth beige.
    • With epoxy putty I made your mask, and in the middle I put a magnet, obviously leaving one side of the magnet out of the putty on the inside of the mask.
    • I painted the mask blue.
    • To make the oxygen tank I used two pen caps, a detergent cap and two mini forks.
    • Usually the handle of mini forks has a ball, so I heated a knife and straightened one side of the fork ball, I did this on the two mini forks.
    • I made a hole in the top of each pen cap and glued the mini fork inside. Leaving the ball on the outside.
    • I made a perpendicular hole in the middle of each cap and put a needle inside, and fixed it with glue.
    • I filled the inside of the detergent cap with epoxy putty and stuck a needle into one side of the pen cap. I did this on both pen caps.
    • With durepox I put some details on the ball of the fork on top of the pen cap and then painted them.
    • The pen caps and detergent cap I chose were already blue, so I didn't have to paint.
    • With the oxygen tank ready I tried gluing it with hot glue, unfortunately it didn't stick to Stinkor's chest vest, so I had to resort to normal super glue.


    I don't speak English fluently, so I turned to google translator to write these posts, in case something doesn't get explained very well, you can ask, and I'll be happy to help.




    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; March 4, 2022 at 04:28am.

  24. #74
    Court Magician ZeLuiz08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    67
    UPGRADE: Custom Faker

    I won't do it, won't do it, won't do it.... I will do it.

    Hey remembers when he said "I didn't paint his hair orange either, since the armor will already be orange, everything would be very orange, so I decided to keep the original color of his hair." So... Forget it! haha.
    I was on December 30th, 2021, and this video came to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apYa...nel=ToyReviews
    And I was delighted with this Faker, especially the hair, which the person used the first head of He-Man origins to make, which let's make it clear, should have been used in Faker Origins from the beginning, after all if he is a clone of He-man, he should be just like him. Ok later they could launch a Faker Deluxe with a vintage head, but initially it should be the Origins head.
    Continuing the story, so I really wanted my Faker to have the right hair so I decided to do it with epoxy putty, and since I was supposed to dye your hair I decided to dye it orange, not light orange like the Filmation version, but an orange one. a little darker, to be different from the breastplate armor.
    About the breastplate armor , as I said, the paint I use does not allow me to paint this material of the armor, however, I am researching ways to permanently dye plastics, wish me luck. haha!

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeLuiz08; January 9, 2022 at 03:44am.

  25. #75
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeLuiz08 View Post
    UPGRADE: Custom Faker

    I won't do it, won't do it, won't do it.... I will do it.

    Hey remembers when he said "I didn't paint his hair orange either, since the armor will already be orange, everything would be very orange, so I decided to keep the original color of his hair." So... Forget it! haha.
    I was on December 30th, 2021, and this video came to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apYa...nel=ToyReviews
    And I was delighted with this Faker, especially the hair, which the person used the first head of He-Man origins to make, which let's make it clear, should have been used in Faker Origins from the beginning, after all if he is a clone of He-man, he should be just like him. Ok later they could launch a Faker Deluxe with a vintage head, but initially it should be the Origins head.
    Continuing the story, so I really wanted my Faker to have the right hair so I decided to do it with epoxy putty, and since I was supposed to dye your hair I decided to dye it orange, not light orange like the Filmation version, but an orange one. a little darker, to be different from the breastplate armor.
    About the breastplate armor , as I said, the paint I use does not allow me to paint this material of the armor, however, I am researching ways to permanently dye plastics, wish me luck. haha!

    https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...tnzfyrb83Iv_XY
    Boneco Faker.jpg
    These last ones look great too. Love the Faker head.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •