Thread: Super7 Ultimates Animaniacs and Loony Tunes (maybe?)

Super7 Ultimates Animaniacs and Looney Tunes (maybe?)

Super7 just teased on Twitter that their next wave of Ultimates will be coming from the WB Water Tower and Acme.Labs soon. Obviously they are hinting Animaniacs and Loony Tunes.

Dang it.

Every time I am ready to be done with Super7, they announce another holy grail property. I've wanted proper Animaniacs figures for years. Just see my username. Please, let Wakko be in Wave one.
    Last edited by Wakko; December 6, 2021 at 10:15am.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    I bet they'll look great.

I might be tempted if they do any Tiny Toons as I don't recall those characters ever getting regular action figures before.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I bet they'll look great.

I might be tempted if they do any Tiny Toons as I don't recall those characters ever getting regular action figures before.
    Tiny Toons and Freakazoid be good too
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I feel like shoe-ins for an Ultimates Animaniacs line would be Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Pinky, and the Brain.

The next obvious choices would be Slappy (and therefore Skippy) and Dr. Scratchansniff.

Third tier: Plotz, Ralph the Guard, Hello Nurse, Mindy and Buttons, the Goodfeathers, Chicken Boo.

Not likely unless the line proves to have legs: Minerva Mink, the Hip Hippos, the Mime, Mr Skullhead.

I would love it if Super7 slipped Freakazoid into this line. The two properties did cross over more than once, and I don't think Freakazoid could support a line of its own.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I loved Animaniacs when I was a kid during its initial run. I think I was in 6th or 7th grade?

That being said, I don't know that I have any desire for Animaniac figures.

I would buy some Looney Toons, but I'm drawing blank on any Animaniacs characters I'd buy.

If you're a fan and looking forward to this, I'm happy for you.

Can they not get their current lines fixed and actually finished and shipped before starting another one??? Please???

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Can they not get their current lines fixed and actually finished and shipped before starting another one??? Please???
    I hear you. I have such a love-hate relationship with Super7. I love that they scoop up licenses that other companies aren't touching or have dropped and proceed to give those properties the deluxe treatment. Seriously, Super7 was our only hope to ever see the likes of Silverhawks and Animaniacs in figure form. And I hold out hope that cartoon-accurate Dungeons and Dragons figures are in their future plans.

But I hate how they solicit more frequently and consistently than they actually deliver, and I also think their price increases go above and beyond the cost of inflation/materials. It's also clear from some sculpting/scaling inaccuracies that some licenses (TMNT) get a lot more love/attention than others (ThunderCats).

I think it's a fitting match as I dislike Animaniacs & I dislike nearly everything about Super7- their high prices, their "we don't make toys, we make adult collectibles" nonsense, etc. Bryan, you make toys, stop being in denial. Your prices are too high for what you make. ReAction do not need to be $20. $60 for a 7" figure is insane & most of those accessories you pack in are going in a box to never be used. I kind aliek the G2 Megatron you're making but I refuse to buy it. It's too small to scale with anything I have, I could get a nice condition G2 Megatron that transforms & scales with toys I own for what you're charging. In fact I do not know what Hasbro is paying you to make toys they could be making on their own, aside from it being Hasbro, a company mired in bad decisions. You also convinced Mattel to not reissue vintage MOTU because "reissues are boring". Just stop that.

As for why I dislike Animaniacs, it's the same basic writing as Tiny Toon Adventures, which I also couldn't stand. The characters aren't charming, they're obnoxious. Slappy Squirrel was a gimmick that worked for 1 cartoon, not several. I can say the same for most of the side characters. Pinky & The Brian works when the writers cared but for shorts they got repetitive.
    supersonic250 needs to have a seat over there with Chris Hansen, Zaush belongs in prison & Clownfish TV doesn't understand facts or logic.

Yakko's head looks too large to me.

Other than that, they look good, but then I expected them too.

Honestly my least favorite character of the bunch - Pinky - looks the best to me as a toy.

----------

Yeah. I'm good skipping all these. I have way too much stuff coming, and while I'm a fan of the Animaniacs cartoon I have no need for actions figure of them.

But I would be down for some Super 7 Looney Toon Ultimates proper.

My random thoughts, as a near-30 year Animaniacs fan:

- Overall, they look good, Pinky and the Brain especially. Yakko's head is too big, and all three Warners look a little squat and wide. Dot is the most on-model of the three; Wakko should be slimmer.
    - This looks to be a one-and-done line for Super7. They're releasing all five main characters in the first wave. No b-listers or supporting cast. I doubt they have plans for any further figures beyond these five.
    - I guess it's to be expected, but Super7 definitely decided to throw relative scale out the window. If the Warners are about as tall as children, Pinky and the Brain should be the size of, well, mice. So these five won't really pose well all together on the shelf unless you don't care at all about scale. My guess is that Pinky will be about as tall as Yakko and therefore tower over Dot and Wakko.
    - The "Ultimates" approach is really stretched to its limit with this wave. Some of the accessories are funny and fun -- I like the maps for Yakko and Wakko's iconic countries/states songs, and Brain's magnet and globe keychain. But most of these accessories are pure filler. These aren't superheroes/fighters. They don't need weapons or accessories. They could have cut out every single accessory and released these figures on a card at around half the price and I think most fans would have been just as happy (perhaps happier).
    - Speaking of accessories, look at the ton of plastic Brain comes with compared to Dot. Yet both will be $55.

I want to be more excited about these, but getting them means paying $55 each ($275 before shipping), which is almost an impossible pill to swallow for what you get, and most of what's in the box, I don't even want. I just want the five figures. I guess I should be glad that it doesn't look like Super7 plans to do an expansive Animaniacs Ultimates line, because I can't imagine shelling out that kind of money for characters like the Goodfeathers.

I have such mixed feelings about Super7. I get excited about the properties they pick up for their Ultimates line, and the figures themselves usually look quite good, but then reality kicks in and I feel frustrated/disappointed. These things are just too dang expensive, and the price is "justified" by a bunch of accessories I don't even want most of the time. Ugh.

If they did Loony Tunes characters, I'd be all over them. Who doesn't want an Ultimate Gossamer?

Not interested in Animaniacs. Never was a fan of the show. The figures though look really good. Nice to see they are doing the 5 main characters in the 1st wave so fans an be "one and done" if they want to.

I think that the show is about $15 - $20 cool...

Definitely not $55 cool, though...

I'll be really interested in how many of these are pre-ordered.

Hey, we can add this license to the pile of others that Super 7 has "in the works."

At this point, I half expect Super 7 to announce Ultimate figures for Family Ties, Who's the Boss, Growing Pains and Facts of Life...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

That's a nice way of putting it.

If they ever make Marvin the Martian or Daffy Duck (Duck Dodgers), I'd be interested in that probably, but for some reason Looney Tunes action figures aren't big for me even though I love those original cartoons, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs and Freakazoid too.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I'll be really interested in how many of these are pre-ordered.
    Yeah, this was pretty much my thoughts as well.

If there was a really nice Pinky and The Brain two-pack for $50 dollars....maybe. Each one $55? Easy pass.

I'm a little bit bummed that there's barely any enthusiasm in this thread for these figures, but I also get it.

Action figures of non-action-oriented characters are a hard sell unless those characters have a built-in adult audience like, for instance, the Simpsons. I watched Animaniacs in college, and while the humor was rather sophisticated/adult at times for a kid's show, it was still ultimately a kid's show. And although it was hugely popular and award-winning at the time, there apparently wasn't a huge demand for toys, because not many were produced outside of plushies, a smattering of PVC/bendy figures, and Happy Meal toys. So there are no adults out there today nostalgic for the Animaniacs figures of their childhood, because there weren't any. Several companies have taken stabs at Looney Tunes figures over the years, but to my knowledge, none of them have been hugely successful. The fact is, it's not necessarily fun to play with action figures of characters that are primarily meant to be comedic instead of user their powers or fighting the bad guys.

Combine all of the above with the fact that these are HUGELY overpriced, and I think this line may be a dud for Super7. Every online discussion I can find about this wave (and there aren't many) is focusing on how overpriced they are, with many fans of the property saying it's an easy pass as a result. I plan to hold my nose and buy them, even though the price gives me wallet-burn. But I am really, really glad Super7 opted to release all five main characters at once, because had they done a mix of A- and B-listers, I doubt we would have ever gotten the five main characters at all due to lack of sales.

Super7 really missed the ball here. The best course of action would have been to release these figures as bare-bones as possible at a price point that allowed for impulse-buying. They needed for adults to look at these and go, "Oh yeah! I remember loving Pinky and the Brain! I'll get a set for my desk at work! [click]" But that's never going to happen at $55 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'm a little bit bummed that there's barely any enthusiasm in this thread for these figures, but I also get it.

Action figures of non-action-oriented characters are a hard sell unless those characters have a built-in adult audience like, for instance, the Simpsons. I watched Animaniacs in college, and while the humor was rather sophisticated/adult at times for a kid's show, it was still ultimately a kid's show. And although it was hugely popular and award-winning at the time, there apparently wasn't a huge demand for toys, because not many were produced outside of plushies, a smattering of PVC/bendy figures, and Happy Meal toys. So there are no adults out there today nostalgic for the Animaniacs figures of their childhood, because there weren't any. Several companies have taken stabs at Looney Tunes figures over the years, but to my knowledge, none of them have been hugely successful. The fact is, it's not necessarily fun to play with action figures of characters that are primarily meant to be comedic instead of user their powers or fighting the bad guys.

Combine all of the above with the fact that these are HUGELY overpriced, and I think this line may be a dud for Super7. Every online discussion I can find about this wave (and there aren't many) is focusing on how overpriced they are, with many fans of the property saying it's an easy pass as a result. I plan to hold my nose and buy them, even though the price gives me wallet-burn. But I am really, really glad Super7 opted to release all five main characters at once, because had they done a mix of A- and B-listers, I doubt we would have ever gotten the five main characters at all due to lack of sales.

Super7 really missed the ball here. The best course of action would have been to release these figures as bare-bones as possible at a price point that allowed for impulse-buying. They needed for adults to look at these and go, "Oh yeah! I remember loving Pinky and the Brain! I'll get a set for my desk at work! [click]" But that's never going to happen at $55 a pop.
    I'm sorry about that then because while I have no interest in comedy brands as toys (I don't want the Simpsons Ultimates either), I do think Animaniacs and the WB-Looney Tunes brand as a whole deserves the love, Tiny Toons too. I can't say many brands from the 90's actually appeals much to me as things I want to get as toys now. Even Batman TAS toys aren't things I need. Aside from a few Gargoyles, I don't even feel like collecting Disney Afternoon stuff either (not there is much, those toys they just did were a flash in the pan). If this is the only chance ever for Yakko, Wakko, and Dot, a Pinky and the Brain, maybe I'd better get them before they're gone.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406