Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2022

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    That's good to hear! TBH, I was very skeptical about location change, but it looks like it turned out to be the best. I hope 2023 is even better!
    I honestly hope I can make it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I need to make the official post-convention word of gratitude, but just talking casually here on the Org, 2022 was an excellent show....
    ...All of us at Power-Con are very happy with how it went and can't wait for 2023!
    Glad to hear so and also quite glad that some fellow vendors from Argentina were present at the show. Hope I may be able to attend some day.
    Thank yoiu and the team for putting the spotlight on this Con and congrats!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders

My feedback thread

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenQuetzale View Post
    Glad it was a good show. Unfortunately I can't afford to travel out of state.
    You should consider moving out of that state ...

Heroic Warrior
    All of us at Power-Con are very happy with how it went and can't wait for 2023!
    Iím very glad to hear it. Congratulations!

. All of us at Power-Con are very happy with how it went and can't wait for 2023!
    Really good to know! I hope it goes from strength to strength.

I went for the first time this year - it is finally within driving distance for me. A total blast!

Have the dates for the next power-con been announced for 2023?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good time had by all.

I wanna chime in, fwiw. I had a fantastic time- it’s all what you put into it. As always, it’s great to see some .orgers- current and old members, meet new people and interact with artists and a few legends. It was fantastic being able to talk to Rudy Obrero, Nate Baertsch, JP Mavinga and I bought lots of art I need to get home. Grabbed some toys- my first sealed vintage MOTU and first vintage sealed/carded Star Wars figure, great vintage Moss Man, a small pile of Meteorbs(perfect shape) and a MOTU figure carrying case for $10. I also met the guys from Monster High(great guys) and grabbed a gift from them for someone here on the .org but, they don’t know it yet. Lol. PM incoming.

It’s always great to see Val and Pixel Dan- even though they are usually way to busy to interact much. Kudos to both of you and all the PowerCon staff and volunteers. It was a smooth show from the outside.

I think Columbus was a successful event and I think it was a great start to the new PowerCon. Everyone I spoke with was having a great time and the vendors all said to me they would be back. Looking forward to hopefully making this trip from Cali a tradition. Plus, I’M a little bias since I have family in Columbus. Lol. Heck, I’m still in Columbus.

Master of New Adventures!
    I'm thinking Val and his team can use a breather. Cut 'em some slack...

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Have the dates for the next power-con been announced for 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I'm thinking Val and his team can use a breather. Cut 'em some slack...
    I want to know

Believe me, I get that.

That said, it's a monumental effort for Val and the team to put on the con. I know the letdown after that kind of work. They need a couple of weeks to decompress so they can recharge and be the best that they can be. Plus, none of us can possibly imagine the work that's involved post-con.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I want to know

Jack's correct in that I need a few days.
    I'm wiped out. Plus my youngest one got some con crud (not covid) and we need to take care of her. She is 10 years old, and was out there manning booths for Guests while they took breaks and also out there working deals from vendors for toys she wanted, so she probably exposed herself to all the germs.

BUT I'll be back up on the horse and galloping soon! In 2023, C2E2 is back out in the spring and we won't be on the same weekend as Gen Con or the state fair so we'll be even more accessible to Attendees.

We'll have the new dates very soon, and then we'll go ahead and open vendor registration soon after that given how strong the interest already is.

Thank you all so much!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

In 2023, C2E2 is back out in the spring and we won't be on the same weekend as Gen Con or the state fair so we'll be even more accessible to Attendees.!
    Thanks good news. I wanted to go this year but I had already committed to going to C2E2 this year with some relatives who have never gone to a con before. P-C finally comes to the Midwest, well sort of, and I had to miss it. Oh the irony!

I was talking to some people at C2E2 and many said they wanted to go to P-C but couldn't due to the double booking.

My son and I had plans to attend this year until some family moving from Wisconsin to Nashville this weekend sidelined that idea. Weíre definitely planning on going next year. Should be a fun little drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Thanks good news. I wanted to go this year but I had already committed to going to C2E2 this year with some relatives who have never gone to a con before. P-C finally comes to the Midwest, well sort of, and I had to miss it. Oh the irony!

I was talking to some people at C2E2 and many said they wanted to go to P-C but couldn't due to the double booking.
    I went to C2E2 as well

Family is ALWAYS the first priority, Val. My family will be saying powerful prayers for your daughter and for God to send down healing angels to surround her and speed her recovery.

You are an amazing dad, Val, instilling a strong work ethic in your daughter at an early age; one that will last her a lifetime and pay immeasurable benefits. When I was ten, my father used to take me into his clothing stores on Saturdays and put me to work in the stock rooms. I hated him because my friends were out playing baseball and basketball. Mark Twain once said “When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.” True. Very true.

Tend to family, get some much needed rest and come back as the warrior we all know and respect you as being, along with our admiration for your being a great father.

Jack's correct in that I need a few days.
    I'm wiped out. Plus my youngest one got some con crud (not covid) and we need to take care of her. She is 10 years old, and was out there manning booths for Guests while they took breaks and also out there working deals from vendors for toys she wanted, so she probably exposed herself to all the germs.

BUT I'll be back up on the horse and galloping soon! In 2023, C2E2 is back out in the spring and we won't be on the same weekend as Gen Con or the state fair so we'll be even more accessible to Attendees.

We'll have the new dates very soon, and then we'll go ahead and open vendor registration soon after that given how strong the interest already is.

Thank you all so much!!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 10, 2022 at 08:51pm.

Just watched toy hunting videos from Power-Con 2022, and it seems it was a blast. Some really good stuff on show.
    Was awesome to watch.

Widget
    Looks like next yearís dates are up. August 11-13.

Iíve attended 3 Power Cons now and this was my first time as a vendor. I honestly had a blast, spent way more than I was planning to and of course went home with more than I came with lol.

I hope next year the whole con floor will be filled with exhibitors, vendors, guests, etc. It had so much room left for more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's hoping Val's daughter is on the mend.

Continuing prayers offered by my family.

And here is the 2022 recap video!
    Daniel Benedict did an amazing job once again on filming and editing.

Looks like most of the vendors are returning,
    as are the toy studios and companies,
    so I'm super excited.

And a lot of new exhibitors have sent inquiries and we already have a few new companies already on board for 2023.

The attendance for 2022 was the biggest yet. It was spread across 3 days instead of 2, and we had double the show floor, so the aisles were not congested like in 2021. But we'll see for 2023 as the number of new people interested in attending is a great sign!

Thanks to everyone for the support of the show, and I hope to see you all at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, in Columbus Ohio, next August 11-13, 2023.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

so I'm super excited.

And a lot of new exhibitors have sent inquiries and we already have a few new companies already on board for 2023.

The attendance for 2022 was the biggest yet. It was spread across 3 days instead of 2, and we had double the show floor, so the aisles were not congested like in 2021. But we'll see for 2023 as the number of new people interested in attending is a great sign!

Thanks to everyone for the support of the show, and I hope to see you all at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, in Columbus Ohio, next August 11-13, 2023.
    That's really good news. I was somewhat worried that leaving California would really hurt attendance but it seems not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yki78oYQ-58

so I'm super excited.

Really nice video.
    I hope to be there in 2023.

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yki78oYQ-58

so I'm super excited.

Can't wait for next year!!

-Johnny C

Some guy cosplayed as Melaktha!! Holy ****!!!