Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2022

You'll have a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Mun View Post
    This will be my FIRST Power-Con! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am.

I'm a Kindergarten teacher in the Midwest and our school year starts the last week of July. There was just never a way I could justify taking off for a trip to California that early in the year.
    I think everyone is aware at this point, but just to be certain,
    please note the show does not have a focus on He-Man or any other brand.
    It's focused on modern toys and collectibles.

There's more info in our FAQ,
    and I hope to see you there!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Master of New Adventures!
    I'd wish Val and his awesome team good luck, but they're all such amazing professionals that I know they won't need 'luck'.

It sounds like an incredible con. I hope all orgers have a great time and that Power-Con 2022 is the most successful con ever. I know it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

You too! You are definitely on my checklist of someone I've always wanted to meet in person and say thank you!

My Toy/Nerd Blog - Ubernerd, Beyond Loserdome https://beyondloserdome.blogspot.com/

My MOTU Fan Fiction:
    - Direct link to the Google Slides - https://goo.gl/0DJy5p
    - Link to my Thread in the Fan Fiction Forums - http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...e-MOTU-Mythos)

Twitter/Instagram: @BeyondUbernerd

Last day for 3-day passes. FYI

Just grabbed mine and Iím looking forward to seeing and hanging out with all who attend. I think itís going to be a blast.

Iím working on a design for he-man.org member name tags and Iím working on a patch too! Iím excited.

Just got my flight! Going to spend 2 weeks in the Buckeye State enjoying PowerCon and seeing family I havenít seen in years! Very excited for Val and PowerConís future and canít wait to buy some cool toys and meet some creators. Maybe there will even be something MOTU 😊😉

Am I the only person from the West Coast going? Just curious.

Anyone whoís going Ö and who likes Dave ChappelleÖ he is doing a show on Sunday in ohio but itís about a 2 hour drive. Would anyone be interested in carpooling? We would chip in for gas of course! Feel free to DM me!

Can't wait for this. Counting down the minutes!
    Especially looking forward to (Pixel) Dan's coverage of the Con.

I canít wait to be off of work and at PowerCon! If anyone wants to meet-up, message me. I get there Wednesday morning- unless my flight is canceled or delayed. Lol

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    So outside of latex masks, no reveals?

Super7 doesnít have anything new, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

Formo says their figures are late but they have a surprise. Maybe a new figure reveal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope Val, the Power-Con team and all my he-man.org friends have an amazing time at what will become one of the top cons in the world! Enjoy!

What's going on at Power-Con ? Any new toys and news ?

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    What's going on at Power-Con ? Any new toys and news ?
    So far, new MOTU masks from NECA and Formo showed a new Dragon as part of the Legends of Dragonore line. Also, Worldís Smallest has some new MOTU figures and a Grayskull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar

Power-Con 2022

Yes, those masks look incredible. I'll have to pick up Skeletor when it goes to regular retail and online. And the inevitable Man-At-Arms. (And hopefully Randor and Fisto, eventually! )
    Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; August 6, 2022 at 04:57pm.
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

Sad what's become of it.

What was attendance like compared to previous Power-Cons and other cons?

Too early to tell, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    What was attendance like compared to previous Power-Cons and other cons?

Widget
    Power-con is more than reveals. I have been here all weekend (Iíve gone every year since 2018). Itís been fantastic! Connecting with the artists, finding those wanted pieces for your collection, the panels, everyone is so willing to talk about the passion we all share, and the exclusives and reveals. I believe, while this Power-con had a different approach, was a success. I am a MOTU girl OG and I came into it with a negative outlook.

Seemed a little less busy than 3 years ago. But it as also a much larger footprint. A lot of people seem to be locals based on the trivia contest at the end. Definitely a different feel. Vendors had a lot more MIB Kenner stuff for sure. Some very interesting guests. But nothing the likes of Roger Sweet, Larry Detillo or Mark Taylor of course. Very enjoyable. Columbus is not very exciting however. Do Tampa next year. Make this a traveling show!

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    'Twas a fun time! I had a ball meeting new folks, seeing old friends, and walking around the show floor. I'm so glad we had a good turn out for the game show on Sunday! I loved hosting it! See you all next year!

-Johnny C

I need to make the official post-convention word of gratitude, but just talking casually here on the Org, 2022 was an excellent show.
    The attendance was significantly larger than any previous Power-Con, but it was also spread over three days and a foot print that was twice as large. So the show floor was never congested.

The majority of vendors spoke with various representatives of Power-Con across Saturday & Sunday, saying they had what ranged from a good show to an amazing show. We even had several vendors sell out completely of their stock by EOD Saturday. Many have already requested to buy space for next year. In addition, after all the images and videos online of which many were praising the show, we had over fifty new vendor requests come in during the event. Also many guests are hoping to return, and plans are already underway with some of the companies that attended this year to make 2023 even more special. And we plan to have additional companies attending in 2023.

As a lot of you know by now, Mattel is no longer offering exclusive action figures to Power-Con, which is what prevented Power-Con from continuing with a focus on He-Man. Mattel has their reasons, whatever they may be, and none of us at Power-Con take any offense because it's just business. As many of of you saw in video coverage at SDCC, Mattel mentioned Power-Con repeatedly for which we are grateful. We still have an excellent relationship with Mattel and I'm hoping they will want to come to Power-Con in a future year. The doors are definitely open to them!

We're very thankful for all the years prior that Mattel supported Power-Con, which enabled us to provide He-Man fans with a great show that was held in high regard with fans across the globe. And if Mattel ever wanted to discuss partnering with us again to develop a show with a focus on their brands, we'll definitely be open to it. We'd love to have a He-Man'centric convention once more but it would be branded differently if that day ever came.

For Power-Con, this new shift enabled us to plant a seed for something much larger. It allowed us to move to a location that lets more fans, guests and companies access the show from across the US. And Power-Con 2022 has proven this new direction has a ton of growth potential. Power-Con will continue to focus on modern toys and collectible companies and studios. All of us at Power-Con are very happy with how it went and can't wait for 2023!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    'Twas a fun time! I had a ball meeting new folks, seeing old friends, and walking around the show floor. I'm so glad we had a good turn out for the game show on Sunday! I loved hosting it! See you all next year!

-Johnny C
    The game show was fun, even if that big doofus from last year won it again this yearÖ oh wait that doofus was me

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Glad it was a good show. Unfortunately I can't afford to travel out of state.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

I need to make the official post-convention word of gratitude, but just talking casually here on the Org, 2022 was an excellent show.
    That's good to hear! TBH, I was very skeptical about location change, but it looks like it turned out to be the best. I hope 2023 is even better!