Thread: Masters of the Universe Vintage Toys Reference Guide

Masters of the Universe Vintage Toys Reference Guide

Hey my fellow He-Heads, just want to announce my newly published guide. Masters of the Universe Vintage Toys Reference Guide is, as the name suggests, the most complete guide to the vintage toy line to date. It covers all the production and variants to all the toys produced in the line from 1982 - 1987. This book includes all the toys, mini-comics, sets, and even the modern lines based on the vintage figures. I even went so far as to include Mattel's patent drawings for all the relevant patents they acquired. This is the product of a lifetime of collecting and four years of serious research to compile all this information, and it's for all the collectors out there. I'm posting some sample pages and there is a listing in the vintage marketplace for anyone interested in a copy.
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_01.jpg Book-Sample-Pages_Page_03.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_04.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_05.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_06.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_07.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_08.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_09.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_10.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_11.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_12.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_13.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_14.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some video from our friend Motu Joe, he shows both the new DK book and mine in this clip. Books start around 16:00, but the whole video is full of some great new stuff, watch the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/DCN57W7raLg
    Last edited by jzguitars; January 7, 2022 at 12:56pm.

LOTS of great info! That's stuff that Dan and I did not have, nor did we have room for it in the Dark Horse toy guide even if we had possessed it. So I'm very happy to see someone like yourself has published this. It's a much needed guide to add to everyone's collection.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Awesome, I've made a note of this book to add to my *To Buy Soon* book list!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Here is a review by Justice Cury, he really captures what this book is about and why I created it.
    Justice also reminded me of a significant point to this project. My friend James Eatock was a driving force in this work being completed and published. About a year ago I was discouraged by Mattel denying me license to use certain images and logos for this book and I was close to giving up. It was James, along with Dan Eardley, Jeremy DeWitt, and Joe Teague who convinced me to keep going and get this published, James also agreed to do the interior artwork for this project. Justice discusses the MOTU community in his video, and how many great friendships can be forged from a common love for a brand now 40 years old. These guys, and many others, all extended me their friendship and support, and continue to do so which is truly humbling. I hope everyone enjoys this work as much as I enjoyed creating it. Please watch the video and lets support each other simply for the love of MOTU.

https://youtu.be/mQLCDIYiIAg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    LOTS of great info! That's stuff that Dan and I did not have, nor did we have room for it in the Dark Horse toy guide even if we had possessed it. So I'm very happy to see someone like yourself has published this. It's a much needed guide to add to everyone's collection.
    Thank you Val, that means a great deal coming from you!! To have my work recognized by the community is an amazing feeling. I was not prepared for the level of support and appreciation I have received from this great group of people!!

Very cool, I will have to pick one of these up soon
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Kobra Khan

[QUOTE=jzguitars;3974216]Hey my fellow He-Heads, just want to announce my newly published guide. Masters of the Universe Vintage Toys Reference Guide is, as the name suggests, the most complete guide to the vintage toy line to date. It covers all the production and variants to all the toys produced in the line from 1982 - 1987. This book includes all the toys, mini-comics, sets, and even the modern lines based on the vintage figures. I even went so far as to include Mattel's patent drawings for all the relevant patents they acquired. This is the product of a lifetime of collecting and four years of serious research to compile all this information, and it's for all the collectors out there. I'm posting some sample pages and there is a listing in the vintage marketplace for anyone interested in a copy.
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_01.jpg Book-Sample-Pages_Page_03.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_04.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_05.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_06.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_07.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_08.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_09.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_10.jpg
    Book-Sample-Pages_Page_11.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_12.jpgBook-Sample-Pages_Page_13.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some video from our friend Motu Joe, he shows both the new DK book and mine in this clip. Books start around 16:00, but the whole video is full of some great new stuff, watch the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/DCN57W7raLg[/QUOTE

where can I order it?
    cogito ergo doleo

[QUOTE=King Kahn;3974329]
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    Hey my fellow He-Heads, just want to announce my newly published guide. Masters of the Universe Vintage Toys Reference Guide is, as the name suggests, the most complete guide to the vintage toy line to date. It covers all the production and variants to all the toys produced in the line from 1982 - 1987. This book includes all the toys, mini-comics, sets, and even the modern lines based on the vintage figures. I even went so far as to include Mattel's patent drawings for all the relevant patents they acquired. This is the product of a lifetime of collecting and four years of serious research to compile all this information, and it's for all the collectors out there. I'm posting some sample pages and there is a listing in the vintage marketplace for anyone interested in a copy.

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/DCN57W7raLg[/QUOTE

where can I order it?
    I have a link in the vintage marketplace to Lulu Books, or you can go on their site and search the title or my name.
    Also available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites.

Just ordered one! (I'm a sucker for those toy patents...)
    Such an impressive work deserves all the praise and visibility possible, my friend. Congratulations!

I will be posting a review next week sometime. Very cool book!

Bought, especially love the mini comic variant section. THANK YOU!!!!!!!
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread