Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book of Boba Fett?

Quote Originally Posted by Devastated Studios View Post
    I love the new look! And, judging by the OVERWHELMING reaction on social media, so does NO ONE ELSE.

Attachment 127904

Attachment 127905
    Ha ha this is brilliant.

I really want to love this show but damn, they are making it hard, itís so damn mediocreÖ.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    Theres more to Fett in ESB than your summation. Its not overt but traits of deviousness, money lust and a shoot first mentality are evident among the limited screen time and dialogue.
    Where?

He basically stood in Vader's shadow and let him do all the work. He was disappointed he couldn't disintegrate Solo, but then was worried he wouldn't get by Jabba if Han died in the Carbonite... and that's about it.

But i do agree that what people though Fett was all about... is NOT what this show is giving us. He never took off his helmet and only had about 3 lines in the entire trilogy... Being cool and mysterious is his 'thing'. Now he wants to be political diplomat... and it feels weird.

My biggest issue is that it's pretty boring all around. They aren't nerfing him to prop up someone else.... He's getting nerfed and NOBODY is doing anything interesting. Personally if they wanted to 'replace' him... that was already done with the Mandalorian. A NEW super mysterious kick butt bounty hunter who was actually an engaging character.

This... Ughhh... I'm not there yet. Maybe there'll be something cool coming, but the burns a bit too slow for my taste.

Though I do legit love the Wookie.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Ha ha this is brilliant.

I really want to love this show but damn, they are making it hard, itís so damn mediocreÖ.
    I can kind of understand what they were going for. Star Wars loves it's late 50's/early60's car culture references. The gang were pretty clearly based on the early 60's mod culture. But it was still more than a tad to much on the nose.

getting it out of the way, the chase scene reminded me of Back to the Futures' chases scenes kind mishmashed into one chase scene.

Having never really gotten into the EU like others Fett's characterization isn't bothersome overall. I do think we also need to take into account he has had some wins. The narrative could be moving on a bit quicker especially what is supposed to be the current plot time line.

Of course I also think Mandolorian is good but not as great as must have made it out to be, and I think part of that has to do with what just came out before setting some bar of expectation. The last few movies set the bar a little low, mando raised it some so in contrast Book of Fett seems not as good.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think whatís disappointed me so much is I was expecting Fett to be a more kick ass, take no crap version of the MandalorianÖ.itís actually turned out the other way.

I think whatís disappointed me so much is I was expecting Fett to be a more kick ass, take no crap version of the MandalorianÖ.itís actually turned out the other way.
    This seems to be what a lot of people thought and expected. But Fett is so much older than Mando... and even in his prime, Fett wasn't ever really that hardcore (from what I saw from the films... I haven't read too much of him in the comics yet).

I came in with low expectations... I figured it would be fine and entertaining and that's what it is for me. Nothing spectacular, but also not terrible.

It has a lot of cool glimmers of awesome. Like the baby Rancor, the mention of the Night Sisters, and the possibility of Boba riding the Rancor by the season's end.

The Power Ranger cyborgs look kinda silly, but I like their purpose in the story and how Boba is building his army. I expect Black Krrsantan to join them soon (he's far too cool of a visual to waste and as a character he'd be a huge asset to the show and Boba's cause).

The Sand People flashbacks were my favorite part of the show... I wonder how the episode 3 events will continue those and play into the main story? I'm hoping Lady Raider is still alive and will join Boba's cause soon.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Fett is fourteen years older than Djarin, and the Mandalorian takes place in what 8-10 bby? So Fett would be early forties?

Not sure how old Shand is, I know Wen is only a few years younger than Morrison.

But so far in the show is 'biggest' almost loses he was kind of caught off guard by several individuals, and Krssantan. His other fights he was also missing most of his gear that he would be used to using at that point.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So can someone explain to me why the girl in the scooter gang is based on the Rockers, while the gang as a whole are based on Mods?

Mods and Rockers are mostly known for hating each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexApprobation View Post
    and even in his prime, Fett wasn't ever really that hardcore (from what I saw from the films... I haven't read too much of him in the comics yet).
    He has routinely been referred to as the most feared or deadliest Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.

You donít get that sort of reputation by being fair minded and compassionate

Episode 3 was beyond pathetic. They're literally ruining Fett at this point. Waht are they doing? The idea of Fett hiring a speeder gang as enforcers sounds cool but what they delivered was laughable. The chase scene through the city was just hard to watch. It was SO bad. All it was missing was the Benny Hill theme running in the background. (Not that Benny Hill is a bad thing. )

Letting Krrsantan go just made no sense. I'm sure he'll come back later on in the show which hopefully will be cool, much like IG-11 in Mando, but the old Fett would have shot him dead in about 5 seconds. Then skinned him and made a rug out of his pelt for the throne room.

Don't get me started on Danny Trejo. Disney is fine hiring someone who served time for selling heroin, granted it was a long time ago, yet still fired Gina Carano. Talk about hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    So can someone explain to me why the girl in the scooter gang is based on the Rockers...

Marty Janetty and Shawn Michaels?
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 14, 2022 at 08:42pm.

I love the new look! And, judging by the OVERWHELMING reaction on social media, so does NO ONE ELSE.

Attachment 127904

Attachment 127905

Don't you just love how clean and shiny they look too? I'd love to meet the tech that allows them to stay like that with all that sand flying around and such. Not to mention, so much for the water shortage. I suppose they're using all of it to keep those bikes clean. At least they have a top speed of 5 MPH. What an intense chase scene.....Bullitt where you at?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    The introduction of the Black Krrsantan was so awesome. I find this a mediocre show, but one thing that I love, is that so much lore is being introduced in these disney star wars shows.
    The introduction was awesome, but that quickly went out the window the moment he fought in episode 3. He's biting people with little recourse, when literal chunks of flesh should be ripped out. He's bear hugging Boba which would at the least break his back. He then punches Boba CLEAN across the jaw which you would think that the LEAST would shatter it, never mind send his head flying.

Hell, he's not only a Wookie his insane strength from just being a Wookie, but perhaps the most deadliest and a well trained gladiator on top of it. O....and I did I mention he charged his electro knuckles BEFORE he hit Boba as well? All that and not even a bloody mouth from fresh outta the Bacta Tank "I'm about to put my robe on Boba."

What happened after that? The big bad fearsome BK went running off into the sand dunes like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.

Then you've got the twins backing down and giving up their pursuit of Tatooine as quickly as you can order a #6 from a drive-thru. O....and they aren't going to just leave....They're gonna throw Boba a brand spankin' new Rancor on top of it. Talk about Christmas coming early.....I understand that Disney wants to throw the fans a Rancor as it's cool and what not, but can you please come up with a better story then that?

TERRIBLE rushed writing.....

He has routinely been referred to as the most feared or deadliest Bounty Hunter in the galaxy.

You donít get that sort of reputation by being fair minded and compassionate
    Haha, I hear you.

Sometimes it's misdirection and myth that can send a false narrative far and wide. A smart person can capitalize on that and use it to their advantage. We've seen this play out in some of our own historical figures. Or in Star Wars, Han Solo made a decent reputation while kinda being a bumbling buffoon with a hidden heart of gold.

On the other hand, we can say Boba was everything he was billed to be. After traumatic events and new experiences, people can turn their lives completely around and work hard towards a new ideal. We've also seen many case of this in real life and in Star Wars lore.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Episode 3 was beyond pathetic. They're literally ruining Fett at this point. Waht are they doing? The idea of Fett hiring a speeder gang as enforcers sounds cool but what they delivered was laughable. The chase scene through the city was just hard to watch. It was SO bad. All it was missing was the Benny Hill theme running in the background. (Not that Benny Hill is a bad thing. )

Letting Krrsantan go just made no sense. I'm sure he'll come back later on in the show which hopefully will be cool, much like IG-11 in Mando, but the old Fett would have shot him dead in about 5 seconds. Then skinned him and made a rug out of his pelt for the throne room.

Don't get me started on Danny Trejo. Disney is fine hiring someone who served time for selling heroin, granted it was a long time ago, yet still fired Gina Carano. Talk about hypocrisy.

Marty Janetty and Shawn Michaels?
    Benny Hill music wouldn't have worked. That chase was to dang slow. And every stupid cliche was thrown in, at a slow pace.

Third Episode was awful. Robert Rodriguez is a hack. His Mando Episode look like a fan film filmed in a park. So only 1 Episode was good, and the other 2 are from RR. Keep him away.

The hypocrisy of Disney at this point is beyond laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Third Episode was awful. Robert Rodriguez is a hack.
    I must have missed that he directed this episode. Now the Danny Trejo appearance makes sense. UGH!

I'd also like to say that Fennec is completely wasted in this series. She's been really underused. At this point, she needs to off Fett and take over herself.

Court Magician Devastated Studios's Avatar

Coming soon to a stream near you.

Fett Rangers, Megaforce!
    FJAU_ArXoAMRNsg.jpg

On a side note, I realize Star Wars is fantasy, not science fiction, but can someone explain how a GALACTIC EMPIRE can exist when all of it's primary fighting force (stormtroopers) are so comically inept that they can be bested by anyone from a blind man to a woman jumping backward whilst firing her weapon? To keep order in a GALAXY, would take at least BILLIONS of soldiers, and there's not a useful one among them.
    Last edited by Devastated Studios; January 14, 2022 at 11:43pm.
    LOVE TO ALL THINGS MOTU!

Fett Rangers, Megaforce!
    FJAU_ArXoAMRNsg.jpg
    Itís a sad state of affairs when the fan made memes mocking the show are more entertaining than the show.

Itís a sad state of affairs when the fan made memes mocking the show are more entertaining than the show.
    I don't know for all my issues with the gang, I'm more bugged that people don't get the reference with them. It's blindingly obvious that they are meant to be mods and it's far from the first time Star Wars has had obvious 50/60's youth/car culture references.

I'm not saying they are well executed, but it just bugs me that people don't get such an obvious thing.

I like the show, but it is at a bit slower of a pace than I like. Besides knowing how he escaped the Sarlacc, I don't really need the rest of the backstory leading to the Mandalorian. I am also not a fan of the biker gang. I wish there were more leftovers from Jabba's palace that could fill the roles.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    The whole show is kind of taking the Maleficent/Cruella approach. Taking a villain and making them good and sympathetic... which I don't usually care for.

Didn't original Boba Fett have Jedi Padawan braids hanging off his shoulder as trophies? Or was that retconned to something else? And then done away with entirely? He's been softened up for years.

The two times they go to see the mayor, they have two lobby scenes where they wait around, and that rubs me the wrong way. Uh, just blast your way in, Boba Fett.

The fact that they had him kill poor ole Bib Fortuna makes no sense with the rest of his decisions in the show...

And why kill Bib only to have a comically bad replacement type character in the mayor's assistant. What high school acting troupe did they cast that guy out of?

Hated the weird biker gang the second they got on screen. They sounded cool when they were being described by Cringer, but visually and performance-wise, they wondered into Power Ranger territory for sure. And not even good MMPR territory. And yes, the chase was pretty bad compared to what we've seen in Mando and earlier in Boba Fett. Reminded me of this: https://youtu.be/csuZHyW-iGI?t=29

Also, when Boba was attacked by the League of Shadows and trapped by the shield circle, why didn't he fly out of there??? Uh, you have a jet pack.

Overall, the show has been entertaining so far, but with episode three, it is proving inconsistent. The sand monster from ep1, the Tusken stuff, the train chase, the black Wookie, the Hutt twins, have all been great.

They need to get Boba Fett back to bad @$$ status. And quit taking the helmet off! Termuera Morrison isn't Robert Downey Jr, or even Pedro Pascal, make him keep the dang iconic Boba Fett helmet on. He has his flashback and palace scenes w/o it on, stop taking it off so much.

I am hoping episode three was just a bump and the show finishes well. Hopefully, the bikers don't get too much more screen time.

I don't know for all my issues with the gang, I'm more bugged that people don't get the reference with them. It's blindingly obvious that they are meant to be mods and it's far from the first time Star Wars has had obvious 50/60's youth/car culture references.

I'm not saying they are well executed, but it just bugs me that people don't get such an obvious thing.
    In the US mod was pretty much just a fashion trend, with little to none of the subculture to go along with it. And with most things that become a fashion trend in the US clothing designers etc tried to capitalize on it to make cash which drove it down. I remember in the 90s when they tried to make 'grunge' a fashion scene, it died pretty quickly since it isn't even a style of anything.

So it's probably cause it is lost on most Americans. In fact many of them/us haven't heard the designation mod for it and just label it a 60s style without realizing there was much more to it. I am aware of the mod name, it pops up and now than in things like Teen Titans, some episodes of sitcoms from that time period.

Most of the free world doesn't care about some obscure subculture from the UK. Sorry but it's the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Didn't original Boba Fett have Jedi Padawan braids hanging off his shoulder as trophies? Or was that retconned to something else? And then done away with entirely? He's been softened up for years.
    They were wookie braids.

The fact that they had him kill poor ole Bib Fortuna makes no sense with the rest of his decisions in the show...
    Agreed. I wish they had kept him around as a villain for Fett.

I am hoping episode three was just a bump and the show finishes well. Hopefully, the bikers don't get too much more screen time.
    I hope they all die horrible deaths in the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Most of the free world doesn't care about some obscure subculture from the UK. Sorry but it's the truth.

[l:
    Can we really call them obscure, they were probably as big in the UK as Greasers were in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I like the show, but it is at a bit slower of a pace than I like. Besides knowing how he escaped the Sarlacc, I don't really need the rest of the backstory leading to the Mandalorian. I am also not a fan of the biker gang. I wish there were more leftovers from Jabba's palace that could fill the roles.
    George Lucas had a Star Wars Underworld live-action series in the works, about the criminal underworld, but never came to fruition. Boba Fett show should've concentrated on that. Instead of him being some sort of diplomat.

Court Magician Devastated Studios's Avatar

The Book of Boba Fett Scooter collection!

On sale at your local Walmart:
    FJGYeTcVEAQao0I.jpg
    LOVE TO ALL THINGS MOTU!

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    George Lucas had a Star Wars Underworld live-action series in the works, about the criminal underworld, but never came to fruition. Boba Fett show should've concentrated on that. Instead of him being some sort of diplomat.
    TBH I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of stuff in this show was recycled from unused ideas, from Underworld.