Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Book of Boba Fett?

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    TBH I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of stuff in this show was recycled from unused ideas, from Underworld.
    You may be right, now that you mention it. Not really seen the show. Just read and heard things.

Going from watching The Mandalorian to watching The Book of Boba Fett was about as jarring as going from Tim Burton's Batman movies to Joel Schumacher's Batman movies.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Court Magician Devastated Studios's Avatar

Ouch

Joel Schumacher's Batman? The new Star Wars series and movies, like the new Star Treks, suck OVERWHELMINGLY bad, but damn, that's a cold reference.
    LOVE TO ALL THINGS MOTU!

Quote Originally Posted by Devastated Studios View Post
    Joel Schumacher's Batman? The new Star Wars series and movies, like the new Star Treks, suck OVERWHELMINGLY bad, but damn, that's a cold reference.
    Mandalorian is great, Visions was great, Bad Batch was decent, the Clone Wars season that was made for Disney was great. The movies of the Disney era are iffy to say the least, but in terms of the shows, Fett is really the only weak one.

Heroic Warrior
    I think I figured out part of my problem. I came here wanting to see how Boba became the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy... and instead I find a show telling us how he STOPPED being the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter. It's like every episode gives a step back towards mediocrity.

Mandalorian was show we wanted. He kicked butt, took names, made people wet themselves at seeing his helmet and I was worried that making a Boba show would diminish him somehow. Boba would take over as the super 'original' Mandalorian armor guy... and they went the other way. Boba is pretty much just here to show us how much more interesting Mando is...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think I figured out part of my problem. I came here wanting to see how Boba became the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy... and instead I find a show telling us how he STOPPED being the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter. It's like every episode gives a step back towards mediocrity.

Mandalorian was show we wanted. He kicked butt, took names, made people wet themselves at seeing his helmet and I was worried that making a Boba show would diminish him somehow. Boba would take over as the super 'original' Mandalorian armor guy... and they went the other way. Boba is pretty much just here to show us how much more interesting Mando is...
    He's no Mando and Episode 5 confirmed that, but it seems to be getting better though. I can't give Episode 5 too much credit since Boba wasn't in it and until the end has nothing to do with him, but what's brewing with Mando's inclusion is Boba's story so I have to give TBOBF some points for that. Episode 4 was a big leap in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, so that's a plus and Episodes 6 & 7 you would *think* be REAL bangers.

Robert Rodriguez is directing episode 7 I believe, so the finale could be a dud just the other 2 episodes he directed.

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Robert Rodriguez is directing episode 7 I believe, so the finale could be a dud just the other 2 episodes he directed.
    He is executive producer as well... You are right, the best episodes so far are the ones directed by someone else (Ep 2, 4 and 5 being the best). If RR directs ep 7 it means that next episode is directed by David Filoni.

It is quite disappointing that the best rated episode so far is pretty much a meta Mandalorian spin off.

Is someone else thinking that the real threat to Boba's Tatooine mafia shall be

The Crimson Dawn?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

The pacing is so slow that it seems like any major battles will take place in a season 2. I was really hoping for more turf wars. I do like the show, but it could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    He is executive producer as well... You are right, the best episodes so far are the ones directed by someone else (Ep 2, 4 and 5 being the best). If RR directs ep 7 it means that next episode is directed by David Filoni.

It is quite disappointing that the best rated episode so far is pretty much a meta Mandalorian spin off.

I've actually started watching this show now, not for Boba Fett, but for Star Wars. This is a really bad show, but seeing all the Star Wars lore introduced is awesome.

Some people are suggesting Cad Bane might be the real threat.

Episode 5 was so awesome. Seeing Din Djarin again was wonderful.

How to explain episode 5?

Imaging that Filmation had animated one last episode of He-Man that would have been the 1st episode of a 3rd season of He-Man. But since they weren't currently making He-Man episodes, they just took the episode and slapped the She-Ra opening and ending to it and aired it during the She-Ra run. That's pretty much what this episode felt like.

It's a pretty good episode. It just isn't a Book of Boba Fett episode.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    I'm hoping that the writing will trump that. Since it's the season finale and all, hopefully whatever goes down outweighs whatever damage he could do. The possible introductions of Cad Bane, Bossk, Dengar and whomever else could make things really interesting.

I was really pumped seeing Robert Rodriguez involved with this series but, yeah- this show hasn't been doing it for me and the episodes he's directed have been... the worst. I feel like his output in general is all over the place in terms of quality... he's a bit like Dario Argento like that. Some things are masterpieces and others... woof!
    The latest episode was great and I was joking fifteen minutes into it that "Am I enjoying this one BECAUSE Boba Fett isn't taking a wet nap in it?" and well whaddya know... he never showed up in the episode
    Hopefully it has an exciting wrap-up that makes up for a wobbly start.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Clearing out some of my collection and willing to let go of figures like Fisto, Sorceress, Battle Armor Skeletor, and more. Send a PM and let's talk!

It seems Disney found out how to fix The Book of Boba Fett finally in episode 5...get rid of Boba and make an episode entirely about Din. Was this the first episode of Season 3 for The Mandalorian? It was a great episode, don't get me wrong, but there was no sign of Boba at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It seems Disney found out how to fix The Book of Boba Fett finally in episode 5...get rid of Boba and make an episode entirely about Din. Was this the first episode of Season 3 for The Mandalorian? It was a great episode, don't get me wrong, but there was no sign of Boba at all.
    While I can certainly agree that this episodes highlights how inferior this show is to the Mandalorian, I don't buy into the tin foil hat theory that they pluc an episode from Mandalorian and put it in this spot, in response to BoBF's reception.

While I can certainly agree that this episodes highlights how inferior this show is to the Mandalorian, I don't buy into the tin foil hat theory that they pluc an episode from Mandalorian and put it in this spot, in response to BoBF's reception.
    I heard this on the Midnights Edge YouTube channel last night. There seems to be validity to it.

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    I heard this on the Midnights Edge YouTube channel last night. There seems to be validity to it.
    LOL!! Oh boy, is Star Wars in damage control mode again?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    LOL!! Oh boy, is Star Wars in damage control mode again?
    Sorry but this theory is utter gibberish.

These episodes cost millions to make, so this theory would require Disney to 1: completely throw out an already completed episode of BoBF, thus tossing away the money they spent on it. 2: Cause the next season of Mando to lose an episode, thus likely screwing over the schedule. 3: Somehow complete post production (a which is a pretty lengthy process in of itself) within a few weeks, once it became apparent the BoBF was getting a mixed reception.

All this to what end? So that this single episode can be in place of a BoBF episode, as if one episode they like would somehow win over those who don't like the show?

Sorry but that theory, is just plain ridiculous.

Sorry but this theory is utter gibberish.

These episodes cost millions to make, so this theory would require Disney to 1: completely throw out an already completed episode of BoBF, thus tossing away the money they spent on it. 2: Cause the next season of Mando to lose an episode, thus likely screwing over the schedule. 3: Somehow complete post production (a which is a pretty lengthy process in of itself) within a few weeks, once it became apparent the BoBF was getting a mixed reception.

All this to what end? So that this single episode can be in place of a BoBF episode, as if one episode they like would somehow win over those who don't like the show?

Sorry but that theory, is just plain ridiculous.
    And yet people fall for these Youtube conspiracy theory videos ALL. THE. TIME.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Clearing out some of my collection and willing to let go of figures like Fisto, Sorceress, Battle Armor Skeletor, and more. Send a PM and let's talk!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    And yet people fall for these Youtube conspiracy theory videos ALL. THE. TIME.
    Midnights Edge is an entertainment news channel and have people who have connections in Hollywood. Maybe they get things wrong sometimes, but they also get things right a lot of times.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, the theory is rubbish. A better theory is that BoBF was always meant to be 'Mandalorion season 3' and This was put in there to convince people that Mandalorian is still worth watching. I know a lot of people who had written it off after the last finale. They didn't care about a Mandalorian Civil War and with Grogu gone... it wasn't looking good.

This one pretty much states 'yeah... Baby Yoda will be back,'

Although the new ship is stupid. It may be fast but a one person star fighter is completely useless to a bounty hunters need. Unless he's compeltely giving up on the 'bring them back alive' concept and just plans on bags of heads as his go-to...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Although the new ship is stupid. It may be fast but a one person star fighter is completely useless to a bounty hunters need. Unless he's compeltely giving up on the 'bring them back alive' concept and just plans on bags of heads as his go-to...
    There's no guarantee that he'll be keeping it though for the long term so it's not really worth mentioning. They could switch that up at any time and drop another Razor Crest at his front door as that's what he seems to still really want anyway.

Neither do I. This here is called an emoji [ ] I used it to convey that I was being humorous. I apologize if that went over your head.
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 30, 2022 at 07:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post

I truly am hoping and thinking that is the threat too.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    There's no guarantee that he'll be keeping it though for the long term so it's not really worth mentioning. They could switch that up at any time and drop another Razor Crest at his front door as that's what he seems to still really want anyway.
    Yeah, a lot can happen... but they were selling it pretty hard about how awesome it is, how fast it is, how much fun it is.... to just ditch it right away feels weird. OR for that matter having it get destroyed arguably makes Mando fairly incompetent...

If that was the case, I would have expected a sales pitch of 'Here's a fast ship to tide you over till we can get you a better one.'

Because... yeah, He's pulling the Millenium Falcon philosophy of it's not just transportation it's his home, it's prison, It's were he keeps all his stuff and had room for Grogu and prisoners.

It's like someone who lives on the road trading in his Motorhome for a motorcycle...

though I fully expect that Grogu will be seen sitting in the R2 unit spot... Something about hte way they domed it off for no other reason... To sell toys if nothing else