Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 165

Thread: Book of Boba Fett?

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior theAncients's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    TBH I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of stuff in this show was recycled from unused ideas, from Underworld.
    You may be right, now that you mention it. Not really seen the show. Just read and heard things.

  2. #52
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,575
    Going from watching The Mandalorian to watching The Book of Boba Fett was about as jarring as going from Tim Burton's Batman movies to Joel Schumacher's Batman movies.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  3. #53
    Court Magician Devastated Studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    35

    Ouch

    Joel Schumacher's Batman? The new Star Wars series and movies, like the new Star Treks, suck OVERWHELMINGLY bad, but damn, that's a cold reference.
    LOVE TO ALL THINGS MOTU!

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastated Studios View Post
    Joel Schumacher's Batman? The new Star Wars series and movies, like the new Star Treks, suck OVERWHELMINGLY bad, but damn, that's a cold reference.
    Mandalorian is great, Visions was great, Bad Batch was decent, the Clone Wars season that was made for Disney was great. The movies of the Disney era are iffy to say the least, but in terms of the shows, Fett is really the only weak one.

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,091
    I think I figured out part of my problem. I came here wanting to see how Boba became the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy... and instead I find a show telling us how he STOPPED being the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter. It's like every episode gives a step back towards mediocrity.

    Mandalorian was show we wanted. He kicked butt, took names, made people wet themselves at seeing his helmet and I was worried that making a Boba show would diminish him somehow. Boba would take over as the super 'original' Mandalorian armor guy... and they went the other way. Boba is pretty much just here to show us how much more interesting Mando is...

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think I figured out part of my problem. I came here wanting to see how Boba became the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy... and instead I find a show telling us how he STOPPED being the most feared and respected Bounty Hunter. It's like every episode gives a step back towards mediocrity.

    Mandalorian was show we wanted. He kicked butt, took names, made people wet themselves at seeing his helmet and I was worried that making a Boba show would diminish him somehow. Boba would take over as the super 'original' Mandalorian armor guy... and they went the other way. Boba is pretty much just here to show us how much more interesting Mando is...
    He's no Mando and Episode 5 confirmed that, but it seems to be getting better though. I can't give Episode 5 too much credit since Boba wasn't in it and until the end has nothing to do with him, but what's brewing with Mando's inclusion is Boba's story so I have to give TBOBF some points for that. Episode 4 was a big leap in the right direction as far as I'm concerned, so that's a plus and Episodes 6 & 7 you would *think* be REAL bangers.

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior banthafett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,080
    Robert Rodriguez is directing episode 7 I believe, so the finale could be a dud just the other 2 episodes he directed.

  8. #58
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Robert Rodriguez is directing episode 7 I believe, so the finale could be a dud just the other 2 episodes he directed.
    He is executive producer as well... You are right, the best episodes so far are the ones directed by someone else (Ep 2, 4 and 5 being the best). If RR directs ep 7 it means that next episode is directed by David Filoni.

    It is quite disappointing that the best rated episode so far is pretty much a meta Mandalorian spin off.

    Is someone else thinking that the real threat to Boba's Tatooine mafia shall be
     
    The Crimson Dawn?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

    My feedback thread

  9. #59
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,862
    The pacing is so slow that it seems like any major battles will take place in a season 2. I was really hoping for more turf wars. I do like the show, but it could be better.

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior theAncients's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    He is executive producer as well... You are right, the best episodes so far are the ones directed by someone else (Ep 2, 4 and 5 being the best). If RR directs ep 7 it means that next episode is directed by David Filoni.

    It is quite disappointing that the best rated episode so far is pretty much a meta Mandalorian spin off.

    Is someone else thinking that the real threat to Boba's Tatooine mafia shall be

    I've actually started watching this show now, not for Boba Fett, but for Star Wars. This is a really bad show, but seeing all the Star Wars lore introduced is awesome.

    Some people are suggesting Cad Bane might be the real threat.

    Episode 5 was so awesome. Seeing Din Djarin again was wonderful.

  11. #61
    Cheap Repaint FAKER II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,575
    How to explain episode 5?

    Imaging that Filmation had animated one last episode of He-Man that would have been the 1st episode of a 3rd season of He-Man. But since they weren't currently making He-Man episodes, they just took the episode and slapped the She-Ra opening and ending to it and aired it during the She-Ra run. That's pretty much what this episode felt like.

    It's a pretty good episode. It just isn't a Book of Boba Fett episode.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

    "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Robert Rodriguez is directing episode 7 I believe, so the finale could be a dud just the other 2 episodes he directed.
    I'm hoping that the writing will trump that. Since it's the season finale and all, hopefully whatever goes down outweighs whatever damage he could do. The possible introductions of Cad Bane, Bossk, Dengar and whomever else could make things really interesting.

  13. #63
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,868
    I was really pumped seeing Robert Rodriguez involved with this series but, yeah- this show hasn't been doing it for me and the episodes he's directed have been... the worst. I feel like his output in general is all over the place in terms of quality... he's a bit like Dario Argento like that. Some things are masterpieces and others... woof!
    The latest episode was great and I was joking fifteen minutes into it that "Am I enjoying this one BECAUSE Boba Fett isn't taking a wet nap in it?" and well whaddya know... he never showed up in the episode
    Hopefully it has an exciting wrap-up that makes up for a wobbly start.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Clearing out some of my collection and willing to let go of figures like Fisto, Sorceress, Battle Armor Skeletor, and more. Send a PM and let's talk!

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,376
    It seems Disney found out how to fix The Book of Boba Fett finally in episode 5...get rid of Boba and make an episode entirely about Din. Was this the first episode of Season 3 for The Mandalorian? It was a great episode, don't get me wrong, but there was no sign of Boba at all.

  15. #65
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    It seems Disney found out how to fix The Book of Boba Fett finally in episode 5...get rid of Boba and make an episode entirely about Din. Was this the first episode of Season 3 for The Mandalorian? It was a great episode, don't get me wrong, but there was no sign of Boba at all.
    While I can certainly agree that this episodes highlights how inferior this show is to the Mandalorian, I don't buy into the tin foil hat theory that they pluc an episode from Mandalorian and put it in this spot, in response to BoBF's reception.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior theAncients's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    While I can certainly agree that this episodes highlights how inferior this show is to the Mandalorian, I don't buy into the tin foil hat theory that they pluc an episode from Mandalorian and put it in this spot, in response to BoBF's reception.
    I heard this on the Midnights Edge YouTube channel last night. There seems to be validity to it.

  17. #67
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,937
    Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    I heard this on the Midnights Edge YouTube channel last night. There seems to be validity to it.
    LOL!! Oh boy, is Star Wars in damage control mode again?

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior A Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    LOL!! Oh boy, is Star Wars in damage control mode again?
    Sorry but this theory is utter gibberish.

    These episodes cost millions to make, so this theory would require Disney to 1: completely throw out an already completed episode of BoBF, thus tossing away the money they spent on it. 2: Cause the next season of Mando to lose an episode, thus likely screwing over the schedule. 3: Somehow complete post production (a which is a pretty lengthy process in of itself) within a few weeks, once it became apparent the BoBF was getting a mixed reception.

    All this to what end? So that this single episode can be in place of a BoBF episode, as if one episode they like would somehow win over those who don't like the show?

    Sorry but that theory, is just plain ridiculous.

  19. #69
    Council Elder zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Sorry but this theory is utter gibberish.

    These episodes cost millions to make, so this theory would require Disney to 1: completely throw out an already completed episode of BoBF, thus tossing away the money they spent on it. 2: Cause the next season of Mando to lose an episode, thus likely screwing over the schedule. 3: Somehow complete post production (a which is a pretty lengthy process in of itself) within a few weeks, once it became apparent the BoBF was getting a mixed reception.

    All this to what end? So that this single episode can be in place of a BoBF episode, as if one episode they like would somehow win over those who don't like the show?

    Sorry but that theory, is just plain ridiculous.
    And yet people fall for these Youtube conspiracy theory videos ALL. THE. TIME.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Clearing out some of my collection and willing to let go of figures like Fisto, Sorceress, Battle Armor Skeletor, and more. Send a PM and let's talk!

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior theAncients's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    And yet people fall for these Youtube conspiracy theory videos ALL. THE. TIME.
    Midnights Edge is an entertainment news channel and have people who have connections in Hollywood. Maybe they get things wrong sometimes, but they also get things right a lot of times.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,091
    Yeah, the theory is rubbish. A better theory is that BoBF was always meant to be 'Mandalorion season 3' and This was put in there to convince people that Mandalorian is still worth watching. I know a lot of people who had written it off after the last finale. They didn't care about a Mandalorian Civil War and with Grogu gone... it wasn't looking good.

    This one pretty much states 'yeah... Baby Yoda will be back,'


    Although the new ship is stupid. It may be fast but a one person star fighter is completely useless to a bounty hunters need. Unless he's compeltely giving up on the 'bring them back alive' concept and just plans on bags of heads as his go-to...

  22. #72
    Heroic Warrior Riddle of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Although the new ship is stupid. It may be fast but a one person star fighter is completely useless to a bounty hunters need. Unless he's compeltely giving up on the 'bring them back alive' concept and just plans on bags of heads as his go-to...
    There's no guarantee that he'll be keeping it though for the long term so it's not really worth mentioning. They could switch that up at any time and drop another Razor Crest at his front door as that's what he seems to still really want anyway.

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    6,376
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    While I can certainly agree that this episodes highlights how inferior this show is to the Mandalorian, I don't buy into the tin foil hat theory that they pluc an episode from Mandalorian and put it in this spot, in response to BoBF's reception.
    Neither do I. This here is called an emoji [ ] I used it to convey that I was being humorous. I apologize if that went over your head.
    Last edited by Bonehead; January 30, 2022 at 07:41pm.

  24. #74
    Heroic Warrior King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    6,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    He is executive producer as well... You are right, the best episodes so far are the ones directed by someone else (Ep 2, 4 and 5 being the best). If RR directs ep 7 it means that next episode is directed by David Filoni.

    It is quite disappointing that the best rated episode so far is pretty much a meta Mandalorian spin off.

    Is someone else thinking that the real threat to Boba's Tatooine mafia shall be
    I truly am hoping and thinking that is the threat too.
    cogito ergo doleo

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    There's no guarantee that he'll be keeping it though for the long term so it's not really worth mentioning. They could switch that up at any time and drop another Razor Crest at his front door as that's what he seems to still really want anyway.
    Yeah, a lot can happen... but they were selling it pretty hard about how awesome it is, how fast it is, how much fun it is.... to just ditch it right away feels weird. OR for that matter having it get destroyed arguably makes Mando fairly incompetent...

    If that was the case, I would have expected a sales pitch of 'Here's a fast ship to tide you over till we can get you a better one.'

    Because... yeah, He's pulling the Millenium Falcon philosophy of it's not just transportation it's his home, it's prison, It's were he keeps all his stuff and had room for Grogu and prisoners.

    It's like someone who lives on the road trading in his Motorhome for a motorcycle...


    though I fully expect that Grogu will be seen sitting in the R2 unit spot... Something about hte way they domed it off for no other reason... To sell toys if nothing else

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •