Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predicting Super7 Ultimates

Court Magician

Predicting Super7 Ultimates

With Thundercats and Animaniacs, Super7 seems to have a good rapport with WB.

I'm going to predict we see Captain Planet and Freakazoid done as standalone Ultimates like Toxie.

I'm also of the mind we could see DC universe that wouldn't step on Todd McFarlane's toes by using the classic Super Powers looks on the pinless joint MOTUC buck. Made to order figures limited to Super Powers remakes seems up S7's alley. They might even reuse bits of the DKR sculpts that Mattel did,

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post

I'm going to predict we see Captain Planet and Freakazoid done as standalone Ultimates like Toxie.

I'm also of the mind we could see DC universe that wouldn't step on Todd McFarlane's toes by using the classic Super Powers looks on the pinless joint MOTUC buck. Made to order figures limited to Super Powers remakes seems up S7's alley. They might even reuse bits of the DKR sculpts that Mattel did,
    Man, I would be all in on Super7 Ultimates of the classic 80's DC Superpowers line. I've slowly been rebuilding my Superpowers collection with Mattel's DC Universe Classics (I sold off my vintage collection), but while they're quite good, I feel like the buck could have used a bit more muscular heft. I also don't like the mid-thigh cut - that's just a really dumb place for articulation when hip swivels are available?

I'd love to see Ultimates of Star Trek too - to my knowledge, nobody has yet done a quality line of 6-7 inch Star Trek figures. How has this not happened??

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Man, I would be all in on Super7 Ultimates of the classic 80's DC Superpowers line. I've slowly been rebuilding my Superpowers collection with Mattel's DC Universe Classics (I sold off my vintage collection), but while they're quite good, I feel like the buck could have used a bit more muscular heft. I also don't like the mid-thigh cut - that's just a really dumb place for articulation when hip swivels are available?

I'd love to see Ultimates of Star Trek too - to my knowledge, nobody has yet done a quality line of 6-7 inch Star Trek figures. How has this not happened??
    Prediction? Out of business.....I don't see the current business model as sustainable for a variety of reasons, but hell prove me wrong.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    They did Xena Reaction, where is Ultimates Xena?!?! Let's get her fast tracked. Though she is a female human, so maybe Super7 knows they'd botch her...

With the jump to $55, I know that stopped me from being all-in on Tcats, being very selective with my TMNT, and potentially not even jumping into GI Joe and others I normally would be all over. If they try to bump the price again, I foresee the Ultimates line dying.

Most of their figures were barely worth $45... Paying $55 for Krang? I have to have him, but OUCH!!! And who is buying $55 Poochie, and robot Itchy & Scratchy? $55 Animaniacs? $55 Disney Ballerina Hippo? etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    They did Xena Reaction, where is Ultimates Xena?!?! Let's get her fast tracked. Though she is a female human, so maybe Super7 knows they'd botch her...

With the jump to $55, I know that stopped me from being all-in on Tcats, being very selective with my TMNT, and potentially not even jumping into GI Joe and others I normally would be all over. If they try to bump the price again, I foresee the Ultimates line dying.

Most of their figures were barely worth $45... Paying $55 for Krang? I have to have him, but OUCH!!! And who is buying $55 Poochie, and robot Itchy & Scratchy? $55 Animaniacs? $55 Disney Ballerina Hippo? etc.
    The sales numbers on these C-list and lower characters/obscure lines at these prices have got to be peanuts.

The amount of Pre-Orders that they've got running spread across various lines at these prices are only eating sales and killing each other.

Delays, delays, delays for days upon days and days.......

Seemingly never-ending QC issues....

They've annihilated the secondary market......A lot of ordinary people and re-sellers bought these because they "used" to provide a good return down the road and simply made them "collectible." Regardless if you choose to sell something or not, a lot of people like a value attached to something.

They never did second or third+ runs thus, it instilled buyer/investor confidence. They've now blown that concept to hell.

Good luck selling any of these lately for what you even paid for it. That notion alone will drop future sales as people catch on, where they unknowingly bought before.

BBTS exclusivity to product before anyone else.

Then the potential price hike....

You'll make quite a bomb with these ingredients alone. Do you really need any more?

Heroic Warrior
    Since they have a relationship with Hasbro, I thought it mightve been a probability they were going to something with D&D, MASK, Cops, etc.

Court Magician

McFarlane did pretty good Picard and Kirk 7 inch scale figures. They teased Burnham and TOS Spock as wave 2 but I guess the sales just weren't there for a $20 line to thrive.

S7 could probably make a fun line if they did characters like Arex. I think they'd be a huge step back in terms of likeness quality, closer to Playmates than DST, Art Asylum, or McFarlane. Best case for a S7 line IMHO would be if it were based on TAS.

Quite frankly, nothing that Super 7 has produced has been worth their asking price. So, I always cringe a bit when they announce yet another new pre-order...

Their Modus Operandi seems to be to snatch up as many nostalgic licenses as possible and slowly dole out a figure or two based on said license over the coarse of many years.

I look at Neca's TMNT 2-packs and they are almost the same price as the Super 7 singles... plus, Neca gets more product out much more quickly.

I would have loved for Neca to get both Thundercats and Silverhawks - especially after getting their Flash Gordon figures in hand. (And their D&D figures look stellar!)

Don't get me wrong, I adore the Super 7 TMNT and William Stout collection... but, when they are asking $60 for a figure like Dot, they better hope that there are a lot of fans out there willing to pay it. Eventually, they are going to run out of nostalgic properties to hold ransom, then they will rely on their own IP's, which IMO are god awful.

McFarlane did pretty good Picard and Kirk 7 inch scale figures. They teased Burnham and TOS Spock as wave 2 but I guess the sales just weren't there for a $20 line to thrive.
    Yes. I have both Kirk and Picard standing in front of my Eaglemoss Star Trek display... they are beautiful renditions, quite possibly the best sculpting/painting McFarlane has ever done.

It is an absolute shame that this line didn't pick up steam... it totally deserves it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Yes, she would be cool to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    The sales numbers on these C-list and lower characters/obscure lines at these prices have got to be peanuts.

The amount of Pre-Orders that they've got running spread across various lines at these prices are only eating sales and killing each other.

Delays, delays, delays for days upon days and days.......

Seemingly never-ending QC issues....

They've annihilated the secondary market......A lot of ordinary people and re-sellers bought these because they "used" to provide a good return down the road and simply made them "collectible." Regardless if you choose to sell something or not, a lot of people like a value attached to something.

They never did second or third+ runs thus, it instilled buyer/investor confidence. They've now blown that concept to hell.

Good luck selling any of these lately for what you even paid for it. That notion alone will drop future sales as people catch on, where they unknowingly bought before.

BBTS exclusivity to product before anyone else.

Then the potential price hike....

You'll make quite a bomb with these ingredients alone. Do you really need any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Quite frankly, nothing that Super 7 has produced has been worth their asking price. So, I always cringe a bit when they announce yet another new pre-order...

Their Modus Operandi seems to be to snatch up as many nostalgic licenses as possible and slowly dole out a figure or two based on said license over the coarse of many years.

I look at Neca's TMNT 2-packs and they are almost the same price as the Super 7 singles... plus, Neca gets more product out much more quickly.

I would have loved for Neca to get both Thundercats and Silverhawks - especially after getting their Flash Gordon figures in hand. (And their D&D figures look stellar!)

Don't get me wrong, I adore the Super 7 TMNT and William Stout collection... but, when they are asking $60 for a figure like Dot, they better hope that there are a lot of fans out there willing to pay it. Eventually, they are going to run out of nostalgic properties to hold ransom, then they will rely on their own IP's, which IMO are god awful.
    All of the above quoted for truth.

Early on, when rumors were swirling that Super7 was going to pick up the ThunderCats license where Mattel had dropped it, I had visions of a future that included not only ThunderCats figures, but also my personal holy grails Silverhawks and Animaniacs. Obviously I got my wish (sorta... as most of what Super7 creates for fans is a future promise, not yet a reality), but instead of a dream come true, it's been a quagmire of the issues listed above. So while at one point I would have easily said I really hope Ultimates of the cartoon Dungeons and Dragons characters were forthcoming, I find myself instead hoping Super7 doesn't do them so that I don't have to wrestle with whether or not to purchase them.

I already decided not to get the Thundertank, even though once upon a time it would've been a no-brainer to be all-in on ThunderCats. Ditto Silverhawks, where I've already gone from all-in to only ordering the main heroes. And while I currently hold a pre-order for all five Animaniacs, I'm considering canceling all but Wakko. The more time passes and the higher the prices get, the more it's Just. Not. Worth. It. And it kills me that I'm saying that about properties that I absolutely adore.

tl/dr:
    I'm predicting cartoon Dungeons and Dragons figures, which I'd love but would probably not purchase.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I've already decided (long ago) that I would only collect a few more Thundercats figures, I'm skipping GI Joe, Silverhawks, Disney and most other lines, and that I will only go so far with TMNT (though I adore that line).

That said, I would love the chance to get Super Powers in this scale, even if I only collected my favorites.

Other lines I could see S7 doing include D&D, Tiny Toons, and maybe more Toxic Crusaders stuff.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    As far as Super Powers, I'd actually prefer straight up reissues of the original figures instead of putting those attires on a modern buck and in SP-inspired packaging.

It doesnt seem like s7 would be touching that anyway now that DC Direct/Collectibles is up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    As far as Super Powers, I'd actually prefer straight up reissues of the original figures instead...
    I'm really surprised this hasn't already happened. Reissues of the original figures and then a subsequent expansion of the roster with unreleased characters would probably sell quite well, I would think. I'm not huge on retro sculpting/articulation at all, but Super Powers was exceptional for its time, so I'd eat these up.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I actually prefer S7 to start delivering more figures than predict any new line or new figures. I mean, I'm very happy with TMNT Ultimates, but TC, Conan & Disney are extremely delayed.

Of course I wish pretty much all my childhood cartoons get an Ultimate treatment and pose all the different franchise figures in the same stand and have a cohesive style, if feasible including BraveStarr, Blackstar & Galaxy Rangers, but I can't see myself getting 20 figures for each line at $55 plus international shipping and customs.

Even with all the exclusives, it seems more easy to collect G.I.Joe Classified which is an awesome line
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I'm really surprised this hasn't already happened. Reissues of the original figures and then a subsequent expansion of the roster with unreleased characters would probably sell quite well, I would think. I'm not huge on retro sculpting/articulation at all, but Super Powers was exceptional for its time, so I'd eat these up.
    I feel like the problem with reissuing the original Super Powers line is the fact that Hasbro probably owns the molds since they bought out Kenner (considering they reissued the original Real Ghostbusters figures after Mattel lost the GB license)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nate View Post
    I feel like the problem with reissuing the original Super Powers line is the fact that Hasbro probably owns the molds since they bought out Kenner (considering they reissued the original Real Ghostbusters figures after Mattel lost the GB license)
    Maybe? I know Gentle Giant was able to make 12 inch jumbo and micro recreations of the Super Powers figures a few years back. I wonder how that actually worked out. On the jumbo Secret Wars figures I have, I noticed there is no mention of Mattel whatsoever on the figure and on the card. Only Marvel and Gentle Giant.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, DC universe Classics IS the modern Super Powers line. It isn't going to be any different than that, and Toyguru even talks about how Super powers was the direct inspiration for it. Trying to get every figure on the Super Powers cross sell images in the line. I just really don't think you'll ever find ANOTHER version of Cyclotron or Samurai showing up in a 6" scale... and honestly I don't think I'd want them too. DCUC maybe could have been a little better... but it doesn't have any flaws that make me want to start all over with a whole new line again. Especially at 'modern' prices

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    As far as Super Powers, I'd actually prefer straight up reissues of the original figures instead of putting those attires on a modern buck and in SP-inspired packaging.
    Yes!! 100% yes. This or Secret Wars and I'd be all about straight reissues. I can't believe they started a new marvel line that looks... SOOOOOO much like Secret Wars... and then made them the wrong scale. SOOOOOO upset by that.

For the most part, I thought that DCUC hit it out of the park with sculpt, articulation, and sheer volume... there are some deep cuts in this line!

There is no way I'd want Super 7 to tackle something like DC... I can't stomach the thought of a $600.00 plastic bat-copter.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    The main problem I have with S7 nowadays is their unability to deliver on reasonnable time. So, considering this major issue, I decided not to dig too deep into the Thundercats Ultimates line which results in buying the mutants only. Now, I must say that I'm quite confused when hearing Brian Flynn saying without any reserve regarding that very same problematic, that they decide which brand should hit the waters first according to the demand (Ultimates over Reaction to be more specific). Which is perfectly understandable from my personal point of view. But it's very possible that this proceed goes beyond that, which would result of some cannibalization of they different Ultimates line ! And thus, regardeless any due respect to their calendar / preorders. I hate the idea.

I mean, over twenty licences to produce lately, judging indeed by their catalog listing via BBTS, it is way too much for a compagny like this. At least, it would appear so ...
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; January 14, 2022 at 06:13am.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    There is no way I'd want Super 7 to tackle something like DC... I can't stomach the thought of a $600.00 plastic bat-copter.
    I had almost the same thought when some mentioned DC SuperPowers...a $600.00 Batmobile
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Super Power in MOTUC buck? I'm down to that.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Unfortunately, I could definitely see Super 7 doing an Earthworm Jim line... especially with a new animated series in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    tl/dr: [/B]I'm predicting cartoon Dungeons and Dragons figures, which I'd love but would probably not purchase.
    I can already see the $600 Tiamat...and me buying it.

Court Magician Devastated Studios's Avatar

D & d

NECA is doing a few Dungeons figures already, inspired by the old toys: War Duke and Grim Sword.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/179319
    LOVE TO ALL THINGS MOTU!

Not sure who is worse, super7 or the company doing best axn figure
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it