Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have complete collections of MOTUC AND Origins?

Anyone have complete collections of MOTUC AND Origins?

Not sure if there's been a similar thread before (I looked but was unable to find such) but is there anyone who has a complete (or near complete) collection of MOTUC AND has collected all the MOTU Origins toys so far?

I'm very curious, as I see so many folks here collecting Origins, but I've no idea if they collected Classics as well. Personally I have a near complete collection of Classics (I'm only missing a dozen or so figures that I consider to be repaints/minor variants i.e. Red Beast Man) and have all top creatures, vehicles, giants and playsets, however I have none of the Origins toys.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing Origins, in fact I think the toys look amazing! If I hadn't dropped so much money on Classics (and had the space in the house that my MOTUC collection takes up) I would be all over Origins. In fact if Origins had come before Classics, I don't doubt I would have collected the one over the other.

So basically I wondering if any collectors have managed to collect both? If so, boy, am I envious! Especially if in addition you still have your original 80s toys (mine were purged by my Father when I went to university, along with the rest of my childhood toys).

Has anyone got a collection vast enough that they have a room for their Classics collection, and a separate room, or rooms, for their other MOTU collections?
    All I want now is the Attak Trak in MOTUC

Oh and the Twiggets would be nice too!

I passed on Masterverse and the CGI line simply because they do not appeal to me. But as far as Classics is concerned the only figure I am missing is the bronze King Grayskull. Otherwise I have everything else that was released. I made sure to collect each and every variant and version possible (meaning both Marlenas, both Orkos, all three Vykrons, etc...), except for that one version of King Grayskull of course. Right now they are all in storage as we have just recently moved, but one day I do hope to have a room dedicated for all my collections. I am a NRFBer so even though alot of figures came with alternate heads, I did not feel the need to buy two of each of those figures. However I did get two Trap-Jaws to make Kronis, two Mer-Mans to make the mini comic version, and two Horde Primes to use his alternate comic head. I meticulously opened the duplicates from the bottom with an exacto knife, switched the heads, and replaced the figures back in the box. You would never know they were ever opened lol. I also have all seven of the DC vs. MOTU 2 packs, as well as all the Club Grayskull Filmation figures and all the Super7 5.5" "As seen on TV" figures. I do have all my vintage figures that I had as a kid as well with 100% complete weapons and accessories. I used to have the vehicles, steeds, and castles, but sadly they were sold at a yard sale. But to me it's the figures that really matter and I am only missing Laser Light Skeletor and Laser Power He-Man. I also have all the vintage POP figures except for Spinnerella, Bubble Power She-Ra, and Lookee. Oh yeah lol, and I have or have on preorder everything released in Origins so far.

Oh I totally forgot 200x. I have all the figures and stactions and Battle Cat and Panthor, but don't have any other vehicles/beasts or Castle Grayskull.

100% complete Mega Construx collection as of now.

I have all the MOTU minis except for the Revelation ones.

All MOTU Funko POPS except for the original He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, and Disco Skeletor.

Mondo 1st Scareglow, Mer-Man ex., Faker, Man-at-Arms ex., Keldor, gray Hordak ex.
    Last edited by depp76; January 13, 2022 at 07:27pm.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    You could say I don't collect MOTU by lines, but instead I like to have what I think is the best representation of the character (if affordable). For most of the characters Classics version is the best representation, so I stop there. For some characters I consider the best representation of the character is a NECA staction, so I stop there. And recently I got Masterverse Spikor, which is (for my personal tastes) the ultimate Spikor. So, as long as they have more or less the same scale, my collection feeds from different lines (being Classics the biggest). As you can see, I'm not a completist and I'm not purist. I'm just happy with a collection made of roughly 7 inches figures that look cool.

With above context, my appeal for Origins is very low, because I think the value of those toys is their "playability", not the "displayability".
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Sounds like an awesome collection you have there, and your Classics collection is way more near complete than mine!

My main missing items are the MOTUC figures packed with DC Comics characters (I only have 2, Stratos and Zodac), the Power-Con 3pack with Prince Adam et al, the Power Com repaints (BM, Camo Khan and Green Granamyr) oh and I have no Club Grayskull/Filmation figures except Dree Elle and Uncle Montork, which I just couldn't resist, and to be honest they fit right into what they ended up referring to as Collector's Choice anyway. Oh I only have Teela of the Ultimate figures.

Ironically I'm one of those characters who opens everything! However I never got many duplicates or troop builders, I only have 4 Horde Troopers, the original 2pack plus I bought 2 more of the single carded. The other troop builders (Palace Guards, Snake Men and Snake Troopers, Hover Robots) I only got one pack of each, however I have 4 of both the original Teela and Battleground Teela, because of head swapping/alternate looks I wanted to achieve.

You see one of my passions is posing the figures and taking pics of them for my own amusement (I posted some on here long ago).

I hope you get to display your collection again soon!

I do. I don't have them all displayed, but I am 100% on Classics and all caught up on Origins excluding Stridor.

Side note, I also have 100% of the Masterverse and the CGI lines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post

With above context, my appeal for Origins is very low, because I think the value of those toys is their "playability", not the "displayability".
    Yes I agree about the appeal of Origins, they seem very much like a line to be played with rather than displayed, not a bad thing though, as sometimes I really do wonder about "playing" with my MOTUC figures like I did with my originals back in the 80s.

Actually I suppose I do in a way, with my setting them up for photos LOL Which is one reason I've just stuck to one line, so that they look like they belong together when I shot them.

Also am I the only one who as a child enjoyed setting up the toys ready for battle almost as much if not more than actually battling with them?

We have both Classics (not including the Filmation sub-line, at least) and Origins complete (and opened). (I did grab a few of the toon line's offerings: Evilseed, Clawful, The Sorceress, Tung Lashor).

I'll definitely keep up with Origins.

Mastersverse is a different story. I bought and opened He-Man and Skeletor, and I like them quite a bit, but I haven't opened anything else, despite having purchased Evil Lyn (the only one I actually planned on buying from W1!), Moss Man (which my daughter really wanted, but hasn't been bothered enough to open), Battle Cat (I got caught up by the $20 price tag at Target last week), Skelegod, and Faker (which I only realy garbbed to hit a certain dollar amount at Target in order to get a discount or gift card with the app. I might end up returning at least BC and Faker, but I'm not sure yet.

As for the HMATMOTU CG line, we bought HM from Toy Huntress after she ordered a case and ended up with extras and I grabbed Orko at WM awhile back because he's just such a great design!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

I am pretty much all-in when it comes to MOTU. I collected Classics from day 1 and have everything (and multiples of many). While the 3 new lines don't excite me the same way that Classics did, I do still collect all of them, and grab everything that comes out from them. I also have mostly complete collections of vintage MOTU, POP, and NA, with a few holes needing to be filled. I have most of the 200x line (including stactions) but still have a lot I need to get. I have all the Dreamworks She-Ra dolls, all of the MOTU Minis, the Mondo stuff, the MOTU Giants (giant versions of vintage He-Man and Skeletor, etc, not Tytus and Megator, though I wish I had them!), the PCS Statues, most of the Sideshow/Tweeterhead statues, the Mega Construx, most of the stuff Funko has put out, most of what Loyal Subjects put out, the Super7 Reaction and MOTUscle lines, and some random stuff like the tiki mugs, the bag clips, Icon Heroes Castle/Snake Mountain, foam swords, and of course custom made stuff. So yeah, I have a LOT of MOTU stuff, but still also a lot that don't have (yet).
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I wonder if there's an ultimate MOTU fan who has everything ever released:

Vintage MOTU
    Vintage POP
    NA
    200X (including stactions)
    Classics
    Club Grayskull
    Super7 5.5" neo-vintage
    M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E.
    Eternia minis
    Funko Pops
    Mondo/Sideshow Collectibles
    MegaConstrux
    Origins
    CGI line
    Masterverse

Now that would be extremely impressive/insane!

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfieldfinder View Post
    Yes I agree about the appeal of Origins, they seem very much like a line to be played with rather than displayed, not a bad thing though, as sometimes I really do wonder about "playing" with my MOTUC figures like I did with my originals back in the 80s.

Actually I suppose I do in a way, with my setting them up for photos LOL Which is one reason I've just stuck to one line, so that they look like they belong together when I shot them.

Also am I the only one who as a child enjoyed setting up the toys ready for battle almost as much if not more than actually battling with them?
    Yes, setting them up for photos could be a way of playing with those. And yes, Classics figures have some playability (in the sense we played with toys in 80's), because my 5 years old son is a Classics fan too. Sometimes he plays with my figures, but he has been taught to play with collectables, he ends up just posing them and pretend they talk to each other.

I also, as a kid, enjoyed just setting them up for battle, and not battling actually.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

I collect anything released motu wise except the cgi stuff(just not a fan)
    I have a near complete classics collection(missing around 16)
    The only thing I’m missing from origins is the lords of power 5 pack and stridor but have him or preorder.
    Only missing scare glow for the funko pops
    Have all of the super7 vintage
    A complete 200x collection
    A complete eternia mini collection
    Near complete mega construx
    As far as my vintage collection goes it’s fairly complete with the exception of Eternia and all of the variants(I’ll never get a complete collection but that’s ok)

Most of my stuff is stored away in boxes from when I sold and bought a new house back in 2018. I plan on converting my garage in to my toy room but I don’t know exactly when that will happen

Oh I am all caught up with Masterverse as of now also
    Last edited by Brasco; January 14, 2022 at 05:29pm.
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    complete vintage, complete classics, a few CGI, a few masterverse & a few origins
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Does anyone here have a YouTube video of their collections? Sounds like they are all amazing. I love looking at people's collections on YouTube.

I don't have a complete collection of anything, except masterverse if you include preorders for the 3 upcoming deluxe figures. I have all origins except the LOP and She-Ra exclusives, and the clear Skeletor if you count him. All the mega construx except Battle Bones. I think I have all the Super7 5.5 except possessed Skeletor. I have about 80% of the vintage collection. All the Eternia minis except the Mer-man 2 pack and She-ra 2 pack . 30 or so Pops. 30 or so MOTUC (they are just too expensive to start collecting now. And a bunch of odds and ends. I'm also building a 3 foot tall Castle Grayskull since I wont pay $1200 for a Classics one. I have every Filmation He-man and She-ra, NA He-man, and MYP episode on DVD. A set of the Topps trading cards with sticker cards. And I just bought a complete Panini sticker book. I can't wait to get it in the mail. I've been watching for a complete one for a year and one finally showed up at a decent price. I have a bunch of books too.

Heroic Warrior
    Only things I'm missing from.classics are variants I had no interest in getting. Like color changing orko and the tru sets. I held them in my hands a million times just had no interest. Also at that time I seen no reason to habe variants and I just got my monthly motuc and stored them. I was all hopped up on 25th gi joe. Classics I got and stored every 15th of each month. Then 2014 put Joe's away and opened the motuc and that was because of big lots getting them in 2013 and I held an open one in my hand and was like man these are cool. So that spring in 14 it was on. But aside from the few variants like all the he ros. I have a full collection.

No Bronze king grayskull.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; January 14, 2022 at 03:09am.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Does anyone here have a YouTube video of their collections? Sounds like they are all amazing. I love looking at people's collections on YouTube.

I don't have a complete collection of anything, except masterverse if you include preorders for the 3 upcoming deluxe figures. I have all origins except the LOP and She-Ra exclusives, and the clear Skeletor if you count him. All the mega construx except Battle Bones. I think I have all the Super7 5.5 except possessed Skeletor. I have about 80% of the vintage collection. All the Eternia minis except the Mer-man 2 pack and She-ra 2 pack . 30 or so Pops. 30 or so MOTUC (they are just too expensive to start collecting now. And a bunch of odds and ends. I'm also building a 3 foot tall Castle Grayskull since I wont pay $1200 for a Classics one. I have every Filmation He-man and She-ra, NA He-man, and MYP episode on DVD. A set of the Topps trading cards with sticker cards. And I just bought a complete Panini sticker book. I can't wait to get it in the mail. I've been watching for a complete one for a year and one finally showed up at a decent price. I have a bunch of books too.
    Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmXr...IUE_Rc&index=4
    PS5 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Thatís a really nice setup you have there! Did you ever find macho man?
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Thanks for posting. I'll definitely check it out this weekend.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I wonder if there's an ultimate MOTU fan who has everything ever released:

Vintage MOTU
    Vintage POP
    NA
    200X (including stactions)
    Classics
    Club Grayskull
    Super7 5.5" neo-vintage
    M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E.
    Eternia minis
    Funko Pops
    Mondo/Sideshow Collectibles
    MegaConstrux
    Origins
    CGI line
    Masterverse

Now that would be extremely impressive/insane!
    I have a complete collection of the following-

- Classics (MIC and Open) (including King Grayskull and Bronze King Grayskull)
    - Club Grayskull (MIC and Open)
    - Super7 5.5" neo-vintage (MIC and Open)
    - M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E. (MIC and Open)
    - Eternia minis (MIC and Open)
    - MegaConstrux
    - Origins (MIC and Open)
    - CGI line (MIC and Open)
    - Masterverse (MIC and Open)
    - Tweeterhead/Sideshow Statues

I also have incomplete collections of-

- Vintage MOTU
    - 200X (Missing last wave)
    - Funko Pops (Missing first wave)
    - Mondo Figures (missing Keldor and classic ScareGlow)
    Last edited by ZexisStryfe; January 14, 2022 at 09:41am.

Heroic Warrior
    Mike makes to much money. His bedroom is the size of my house. His basement is the size of my neighborhood.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    i do, i also have a full 200x line. i only have a few vintage items as ill only collect MOC, zero interest in loose, and sealed vintage is just way too much to get them all.

Heroic Warrior
    I have a fairly extensive collection, but probably by far not the largest here.

I have a complete vintage line of things released in the US (missing the Euro exclusives, not counting foreign variants). I have a few duplicates MOC, but most are played with.
    My POP and NA vintage lines are pretty sparse.
    Of the 2000 reissued vintage, I have the multipacks of figures (including the 10 pack), but not much else.
    In the 200x series, I have everything US released except for the chase He-man, chase Skeletor, and chase Fisto (all but the first SDCC exclusive and a couple of chases as MOC and loose). I don't have the alternate German Dragon Walker He-man with tattoo nor do I have the EU Orko with a different color hat (only time I've had someone stiff me on a trade here on the org). I have the SDCC Statue from when the line kicked off too.
    I have all the stactions from NECA that were released plus the NECA busts and statues (including the door).
    I have everything that was released in Classics except for the alternate head Moss-man and the Blue King Grayskull (most everything I have MOC and loose except for some of the later Super7 stuff, I only bought 1 of like Snake Mountain).
    I have all Super7 reactions that I'm aware were ever made and the M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E series in most color variants (I know there were a couple lootboxes that I didn't get)
    I have all the giant size released from Mattel/Super7.
    I have all the mini's (most loose and MOC)
    I have all of the Origins released so far (or pre-ordered on BBTS/EE if I haven't found them locally). All but the first exclusive I have MOC and loose
    I have all of the Revelations released so far (or pre-ordered). Both MOC and Loose.
    I have all the new CGI series released so far (or pre-ordered). Both MOC and Loose.
    I have all of the Mondo's (except Designer Con Skeletor).
    I have all of the PCS Statues
    I have most of the Sideshow Statues.
    I have all of the MegaConstrux.
    I have a variety of other merchandise, books, etc.

What I don't have is a plan for how to display it all...

Widget
    Wow, some members have some amazing collections.

Mine is fairly large, but I have fluctuated some items over the last few years, and I too am working on a plan or getting a better full display that does not have to be rotated out of storage bins. And over 90% of my collection is open/loose for display & light play.

1. Vintage Line: Select figures that match the first few waves of figures since that was my true love as a 7-8 year old kid.
    That is about 60 items including figures, playlets, & vehicles/beasts.
    2. Super 7 Neo Vintage figures (all but the GID and the solid black version of Possessed Skeletor)
    3. I had the first SDCC MOTUSCLES and the ReAction 3.75 figures (Test Shot Color Versions), but I sold all of those a few years ago.
    4. Most of the Loyal Subject MOTU figures.
    5. All of the current Eternia Minis and the Matty Collector MOTU minis (including the She-Ra and Horde Trooper).
    6. All of the Mega Construx figs and sets (with at least two of each vehicle set) + the convention Battle Bones.
    7. The entire MOTU Classics Collection (and all sub-lines), including maps and poster (except for the impossible to get Blue Spirit of Grayskull--and I believe there was a She-Ra)
    Troop building when supported in the mythos, such as Horde Troopers, Place Guards, Skelcons, Snakemen, and Shadow Beasts. Also a lot of doubles for either alternate heads display or for kit-bashed customs.
    8. All of the Mattel and Super 7 (Classics scale) Filmation figures.
    9. All of the Super 7 continued Classics and Power-Con figures.
    10. I had Funko POPs until the Flocked Mossman wave, but I sold all of them about three years ago, to scale down my collection.
    11. All of the current Masterverse figures (two of some, like Beastman or Mossman to act as troops for my Classics version of the same characters)
    12. All of the Origins Line so far (including the SDCC and Power-Con exclusives) with one set in package and 1 or more sets open/loose. Again, troop building when supported in the mythos (I have been building small troops of regular figures like Beastman, Webster, Buzz-Off and such, and having extra vehicles), and 8-10 for Palace Guards and pre-ordered Horde Troopers.
    13. All of the DC Comics
    14. Most of the hard-bound MOTU collector's books, compiled mini-comics/comic strips, and some vintage and new Golden Books.
    15. Vintage (reprints) MOTU product posters with Grayskull and Snake Mountain.
    16. Various third-party t-shirts, Christmas ornaments, and 200x Happy Meal toys.

I have still opted out of collecting original New Adventures and original 200x toys, though I love the Mike Young Production cartoons.
    Last edited by 1moreMOTUfan; January 14, 2022 at 05:13pm.

I have all the MOTUC except the Crome (vac-metal) She-ra and I had to get a custom clear blue spirit of King Grayskull. (I do have the glow in the dark version, Bronze, regular, and red cape ones)

Sometime I'll make a video of them all.

I have every origin that I could get, some of the newer ones I have not found yet.

My brother & I both have near complete collections of 200X, MOTUC, & MOTUO.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Thatís a really nice setup you have there! Did you ever find macho man?
    Yes a few weeks after the video was posted.
    PS5 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!