I've been doing some thinking recently on the names of various species/races across the MOTU canons, particularly MYP--it seems to me they were pulling largely from Latin and Greek.
The Qadians of Felis Qadi (felis cati), the Andreenids of ἀνδρήνη (or Andrena), Speleans (spelian) for the cave-dwelling bat people, the Caligars living in darkness... my big question is where the heck did they pull the name Pelleezea from? It doesn't seem to be one of the more random names, but I'm at a loss for how it would relate to skunks. It could be completely unrelated, since Stinkor is an outlier. My working theory is that it's derived from the Latin pellis, or pellicia, but those relate to pelts and skins. It's a weak connection at best. Maybe the Pelleezeeans were the exception? Caligar from caligo is pretty weak too, but that makes sense in its own way--velar plosives being what they are, you'd need your voice actors to really enunciate to make it distinguishable from "calico".

I just don't feel confident about it. Anyone have thoughts on the matter? Or know if the MYP crew ever spoke about it? I haven't been able to find anything.