Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Wave 8 Packaged Images

MOTU Origins Wave 8 Packaged Images

Axel just posted these on his Facebook. No word yet on the other two.

Thanks to anytimepally, we have a Anti-Eternia He-Man

I just want to see the back, and the mini comic.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/23/2022

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Here is A-E He-Man, from Toy News International.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Horde Trooper looks sensational, i love the metallic paint. Really looking forward to seeing how Clawful turned out too
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Characters from Etheria, Anti-Eternia, Rulers of the Sun... and Clawful. The mini-comic should be bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Horde Trooper looks sensational, i love the metallic paint. Really looking forward to seeing how Clawful turned out too
    This line has some of the best metallic/chrome paint out there currently. I love what they used on Stridor. It literally sparkles in the light.

I do like how they put Sun-Man on a MOTU card. I didn't get the exclusive but I just might get this one now.

Man those Horde Troopers are gonna be like plastic gold.

Where's Clawful??

I love that they gave the Trooper a shiny, metallic paint instead of the matte grey of the vintage - really makes him pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Where's Clawful??

I love that they gave the Trooper a shiny, metallic paint instead of the matte grey of the vintage - really makes him pop!
    I know right? Dying to see Clawful. Ever since the first glimpse I've been craving every possible image of him. Always been one of my favorites.

TBH, I wish they had replaced Ant-Eternia He-man with another of the original characters...but maybe their variations are a good sign. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    TBH, I wish they had replaced Ant-Eternia He-man with another of the original characters...but maybe their variations are a good sign. I dunno.
    Yeah, I guess so because he's just a cheap repaint, but hey, those are necessary to pay for the unique tooling that a lot of the remaining characters have. Also, his stock has really risen in recent years since he was first released in Classics in 2016 - he's gotten Funko Pop figure, a Minis figure (along with several other AE variants), was even the main villain in the Masters of the Multiverse comic series, and now is showing up relatively early in Origins before other core characters, so he's really been pushed as another Big Bad in the MOTU mythos of late. I'm pretty cool with that actually. I wouldn't mind seeing all new factions work their way into the brand as well, but I don't think we're quite there yet. Maybe in a year, once more vintage A-listers have been released.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a Slime Pit He-Man in Origins sooner than later too, which I'd be ok with since he's one of the few Classics figures that I'm missing, and I don't have the heart to shell out $300+ for a frigging repaint.

Yeah, I guess so because he's just a cheap repaint, but hey, those are necessary to pay for the unique tooling that a lot of the remaining characters have. Also, his stock has really risen in recent years since he was first released in Classics in 2016 - he's gotten Funko Pop figure, a Minis figure (along with several other AE variants), was even the main villain in the Masters of the Multiverse comic series, and now is showing up relatively early in Origins before other core characters, so he's really been pushed as another Big Bad in the MOTU mythos of late. I'm pretty cool with that actually. I wouldn't mind seeing all new factions work their way into the brand as well, but I don't think we're quite there yet. Maybe in a year, once more vintage A-listers have been released.

I'm pretty sure we'll see a Slime Pit He-Man in Origins sooner than later too, which I'd be ok with since he's one of the few Classics figures that I'm missing, and I don't have the heart to shell out $300+ for a frigging repaint.
    Yeah, that's why I would not knock him too hard and look at it being a positive sign for characters that have either been added to the universe or fringe characters who have developed more of an interest (eg: Queen Marlena, Shadow Weaver, a -proper- Filmation Hordak or maybe a Cringer...which I'm thinking of shelling out a classics one to put with this line)

Heroic Warrior
    Most of the Snake Men have a lot of new tooling and gimmicks. It wouldn’t surprise me if Mattel came out with a lot of versions of Anti-Eternia figures to help keep costs down. Especially with Anti-Eternia He-man coming out and the new Eternia minis having Anti-Eternia Ram man, AE Teela, and AE Man At Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    Most of the Snake Men have a lot of new tooling and gimmicks. It wouldn’t surprise me if Mattel came out with a lot of versions of Anti-Eternia figures to help keep costs down. Especially with Anti-Eternia He-man coming out and the new Eternia minis having Anti-Eternia Ram man, AE Teela, and AE Man At Arms.
    I get the need for the repaints, just like in classics. But being a retail line origins shouldn’t have to rely on that as much as classics I would think.

I’m all for Anti-Eternia He-Man, but I will draw the line there. My completist nature would end with those variants. Honestly they can make the snake-men deluxe for all I care and charge more. As long as I get them in my collection.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbase0000 View Post
    I think this might actually be the perfect opportunity for Mattel to expand the Snake Men faction by giving us the "new" SM characters that were introduced in Classics lore and mini comics like Vypor, Stretch Nek, Quick Flick, Ka, Fang-Or, Lord Gr'Asp, Terroar, and Lady Slither, most of whom could be made mostly using parts tooled for the standard, core vintage SM characters. They could also make more army builder packs of both generic snake warriors and snake Horde Troopers like Classics did, in a variety of colours. Everybody wins in this scenario - fans would finally get a larger SM faction than vintage was able to give us, and Mattel would save on tooling costs spread across a much larger roster of characters that they already own the designs to anyway.

Please make this happen Mattel!!!

I think this might actually be the perfect opportunity for Mattel to expand the Snake Men faction by giving us the "new" SM characters that were introduced in Classics lore and mini comics like Vypor, Stretch Nek, Quick Flick, Ka, Fang-Or, Lord Gr'Asp, Terroar, and Lady Slither, most of whom could be made mostly using parts tooled for the standard, core vintage SM characters. They could also make more army builder packs of both generic snake warriors and snake Horde Troopers like Classics did, in a variety of colours. Everybody wins in this scenario - fans would finally get a larger SM faction than vintage was able to give us, and Mattel would save on tooling costs spread across a much larger roster of characters that they already own the designs to anyway.

Please make this happen Mattel!!!
    Dude I would -love- an origins Fang-Or.

Glad to see the color of the hair, boots, and fur shorts here aren't the very off pinkish as seen on prototypes.

Dude I would -love- an origins Fang-Or.
    That’s drool worthy.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

These look good, but I'm dying to get more of my personal "meat and potatoes" figures in the line: Mekaneck, Sy-Klone, Rokkon, Modulok...
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

We at least know Sy-Klone is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    We at least know Sy-Klone is coming soon.
    Oh! How so?

Oh! How so?
    He has been an easter egg on the card art.

What card art? How did I miss that
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I do enjoy the sight of those hints. I'd also be excited to see the card art for these guys. I hope we get a regular Grizzlor release. He has been featured enough to warrant it. I'm guessing a Moss Man is hopefully on the way soon as he's popped up (and is essentially the Anti-Stinkor)

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    What card art? How did I miss that
    He's in the top right corner of the art, but I don't remember which figure lol. I'm sure someone else here knows...