Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

I saw it this weekend and thought it was good and well paced (maybe one too many gatekeepers--I was feeling tired by the time we got to

third-eye Strange
    ).

However, I came into this rooting for Wanda to get her family back (Pietro and Vision too), so....not happy with how that went down. I resent the fridgings, and they've just piled on more since Age of Ultron. Stop this, Kevin, and make it right!

I also found it frustrating that we didn't really get clarity on

how the twins exist in other realities. Like, if they're just more Westview spells, why wouldn't what happened in Westview not just happen again wherever Wanda goes in order to be with them? If she has a solution to that, why not just remake them in her own reality rather than go on a convoluted Multiverse chase? Is the whole idea that this was a giant "take back" for how she ended WandaVision? I felt like we never scratched the surface with all of that and presumably we're gonna muffle our way through an explanation eventually if they ever decide to make Billy and Tommy part of the MCU for good (though if this was it for Wanda, IDK why they would because there's no one left to care).

I did like that Dr. Strange still isn't Sorcerer Supreme. I thought he got the job entirely too quickly in the first movie, so I like that he's lost it and isn't getting it right back. However, we never got a follow up to "No more sorcerers," and dialogue in this movie suggests Mordo and Strange have been fighting since that movie. Were there years of adventures between the first movie and Infinity War then? Will we get an animated Disney+ show to fill the gaps? Because that's something I'd really like to see, particularly if it's not what Dr. Strange movies are going to be about.

Also, about the Illuminati

They sure died super easy. I mean, like, in that embarrassingly easy way that kind of calls meta attention to how absurdly lucky protagonists are vs supporting characters. IDK that anyone will take Black Bolt seriously after that. Also, is Patrick Stewart the doppleganger for MCU Xavier? I was expecting a Maguire/Garfield angle but everyone seemed to be the MCU actors even though their roles were different. I wasn't expecting that. I was actually rooting for Rahul Kohli to be Reed Richards, but I sure don't wish it on him or any actor to play the role now after the fan-demanded Krasinski appeared and then went out like that! I mean, ouch.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I also found it frustrating that we didn't really get clarity on
    Scarlett Witch explains to Doctor Strange

that the twins were real in all other universes but hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Scarlett Witch explains to Doctor Strange
    I didn't really take from her statement that they

were really "real," just that they still existed in those other realities somehow. If you're right and they were for some reason real in most other realities, that helps but suggests there may be some bigger reason for why they're not real in our Wanda's reality (Kang?). It also suggests (to me) there's an unexplored compromise that there's probably a reality out there where the boys are orphaned, and she could save them (as hinted by their calls for help in the Wandavision stinger). I guess Wanda could've considered all of that at one point, but lost herself to the Darkhold. If this was it for Wanda, it really stinks.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 15, 2022 at 07:35pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I didn't really take from her statement that they
    This movie gets a lot of inspiration from the Avengers story arc called Darker than Scarlet. ...with a little bit of Avengers: Disassembled thrown in.

In the former, Wanda is eventually saved (at a heavy cost) and she is redeemed. In Multiverse of Madness, she redeems herself through sacrifice.

I agree that they did Wanda dirty in this. And, I remember reading an article (maybe watching an interview?) a while back where Elizabeth Olsen stated she was ready to move on from the MCU...

So, this movie may have been her swan song.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I agree that they did Wanda dirty in this. And, I remember reading an article (maybe watching an interview?) a while back where Elizabeth Olsen stated she was ready to move on from the MCU...

So, this movie may have been her swan song.
    Yeah, that's my worry.

First Quicksilver, then Vision, then the twins (kinda), now Wanda herself. At least they are consistently awful with how they leave all of them.
    Of course this was supposed to be Dr. Strange's movie, and he does command it, though I feel like we have missed out on a lot of his adventuring between films.

I thought Dr Strange, for me, was one of the more so so Marvel movies, this was ok, there were some obvious Raimi scenes in there, although I thought Everything Everywhere All At Once did multiverses better than this did and despite not being a Marvel fan the end scene had the first character I didnít recognise in one of these films.