Thread: Greetings from the tropics!

Greetings from the tropics!

Hullo, all!

MotU fan from the tropics here! Greetings from sunny Malaysia!

Loved the old cartoon, but I think my favourite premise is probably that of the original toyline; ye know, the whole post-apovalyptic dark age of technology motif where He-Man and Skeletor are just two warlords fighting over Greyskull.

I'm a big fan of the new 3D reboot on Netflix. Not a huge fan of the animation style but I do like the cartoony proportions.

I started getting into He-Man a few years after the original line ended in 87. I think it was... 1990, 1991? (I'm not old, really. )
    Had Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Ram Man and She-Ra as a nipper, but of course, kids being kids I lost them.

About 20 years ago, I happened upon Ram Man at a yard sale in Tassie, so I picked him up and restored him.
    I did not know that metallic paint could have rust streaks.

ram_man_restored__by_binkibonsai_defxlkm-fullview.jpg

I've always been rather curious about figure customizing so when Origins (and its modular nature) arrived I was thrilled and on top of collecting my favourites, I also started kitbashing a few, mixing in a few parts from Masters of the WWE.

L-R: Lootor, Faker, Vespero, Meat-Beat, Nyah-Mook, Double-Fisto, Slavor, Conan of Eternia, Prince Keldor.

With the collection reaching around 30 figures, I realize that my newly discovered addiction may have gotten *somewot* out of hand...

I don't have a problem, really.

I can stop anytime I want!

... I just don't want to.

Anyhow, that's me. I highly doubt ye want to know about anything outside of MotU (I have a tendency towards rambling), so I'll leave it at that.

i look forward to meeting my fellow MotU fans!
    Last edited by binkibonsai; March 8, 2022 at 04:31am. Reason: wrong picture.

Welcome! Glad to have another fan from Malaysia!

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, binkibonsai!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you may need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello! Welcome to the community! Those are some pretty cool kitbashes, that's definitely one of the great things about the Origins line! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

Hello! Welcome to the community! Those are some pretty cool kitbashes, that's definitely one of the great things about the Origins line! We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    Ta fer the welcome and pleased ta meetcha!

It's been awhile since I've used a forum, so am still trying to figure out how to use these things.

I've been trying to insert images but all I get is links or really tiny thumbnails.

Any idea wot I'm doing wrong here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Welcome! Glad to have another fan from Malaysia!
    Greetings, fellow tropical creature!

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    Hullo, all!

MotU fan from the tropics here! Greetings from sunny Malaysia!

Loved the old cartoon, but I think my favourite premise is probably that of the original toyline; ye know, the whole post-apovalyptic dark age of technology motif where He-Man and Skeletor are just two warlords fighting over Greyskull.

I'm a big fan of the new 3D reboot on Netflix. Not a huge fan of the animation style but I do like the cartoony proportions.

I started getting into He-Man a few years after the original line ended in 87. I think it was... 1990, 1991? (I'm not old, really. )
    Had Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Ram Man and She-Ra as a nipper, but of course, kids being kids I lost them.

About 20 years ago, I happened upon Ram Man at a yard sale in Tassie, so I picked him up and restored him.
    I did not know that metallic paint could have rust streaks.

ram_man_restored__by_binkibonsai_defxlkm-fullview.jpg

I've always been rather curious about figure customizing so when Origins (and its modular nature) arrived I was thrilled and on top of collecting my favourites, I also started kitbashing a few, mixing in a few parts from Masters of the WWE.

Attachment 128156

L-R: Lootor, Faker, Vespero, Meat-Beat, Nyah-Mook, Double-Fisto, Slavor, Conan of Eternia, Prince Keldor.

With the collection reaching around 30 figures, I realize that my newly discovered addiction may have gotten *somewot* out of hand...

I don't have a problem, really.

I can stop anytime I want!

... I just don't want to.

Anyhow, that's me. I highly doubt ye want to know about anything outside of MotU (I have a tendency towards rambling), so I'll leave it at that.

i look forward to meeting my fellow MotU fans!
    Awesome stuff, and thanks for sharing.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by theAncients View Post
    Awesome stuff, and thanks for sharing.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Glad to have you here.
    Glad to be here. I dinnae use Facebook (got chased off various groups for being indifferent about American politics, despite not being American) so I'm quite glad to link up with the community over here.

Ye can find me crude kitbash stuff over HERE and HERE (would really not recommend looking outside this folder unless ye want to stumble on fetish art that I draw for side income).
    Last edited by binkibonsai; September 22, 2022 at 04:24pm.

Finally hit that sweet spot.

50 figures including custom characters
    2 mounts
    4 vehicles

MotU Collection 2022 (1).jpgMotU Collection 2022 (2).jpg

I am a happy Binki.
    Last edited by binkibonsai; September 22, 2022 at 04:32pm.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.