Thread: Greetings from the tropics!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Greetings from the tropics!

Hullo, all!

MotU fan from the tropics here! Greetings from sunny Malaysia!

Loved the old cartoon, but I think my favourite premise is probably that of the original toyline; ye know, the whole post-apovalyptic dark age of technology motif where He-Man and Skeletor are just two warlords fighting over Greyskull.

I'm a big fan of the new 3D reboot on Netflix. Not a huge fan of the animation style but I do like the cartoony proportions.

I started getting into He-Man a few years after the original line ended in 87. I think it was... 1990, 1991? (I'm not old, really. )
    Had Battle Armor He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Ram Man and She-Ra as a nipper, but of course, kids being kids I lost them.

About 20 years ago, I happened upon Ram Man at a yard sale in Tassie, so I picked him up and restored him.
    I did not know that metallic paint could have rust streaks.

ram_man_restored__by_binkibonsai_defxlkm-fullview.jpg

I've always been rather curious about figure customizing so when Origins (and its modular nature) arrived I was thrilled and on top of collecting my favourites, I also started kitbashing a few, mixing in a few parts from Masters of the WWE.

L-R: Lootor, Faker, Vespero, Meat-Beat, Nyah-Mook, Double-Fisto, Slavor, Conan of Eternia, Prince Keldor.

With the collection reaching around 30 figures, I realize that my newly discovered addiction may have gotten *somewot* out of hand...

I don't have a problem, really.

I can stop anytime I want!

... I just don't want to.

Anyhow, that's me. I highly doubt ye want to know about anything outside of MotU (I have a tendency towards rambling), so I'll leave it at that.

i look forward to meeting my fellow MotU fans!
    Last edited by binkibonsai; March 8, 2022 at 04:31am. Reason: wrong picture.