Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney+ Obi Wan Kenobi mini series

Heroic Warrior
    I'm really loving this series and can't believe it's going to end in just two weeks! The dynamic between Obi-Wan and Leia is great!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I'm really loving this series and can't believe it's going to end in just two weeks! The dynamic between Obi-Wan and Leia is great!
    I wholeheartedly agree! Iím also really bummed with these 6-8 episode ďseasonsĒ. Do we even know if there will be more? It felt(through all the promotion) that this is a one and done. Ugh. I already want more. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Does anybody know if

the black armored trooper with the Kama already exists? Does anyone know a name? The helmet looks like a new design, or mash-up of Storm/ Death Trooper/ Death Squad Commander but with a higher, more pig-like snout. They also have red arm bands and a partially red pauldrons.
    I would post a few pics but, I canít figure out how to put spoiler tags around a photo.

Heroic Warrior
    Today's episode was fantastic! Looking forward to the finale, even if it's to soon!

Today's episode was fantastic! Looking forward to the finale, even if it's to soon!
    Still some ridiculous instances as Star Wars just can't ever seem to get away from those, but over-all one of if not the best episodes in the series so far.
    Last edited by Riddle of Steel; June 15, 2022 at 04:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Does anybody know if...
    That is a Purge Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That is a Purge Trooper.

Thatís what everyone and the figure is saying but, Iím still not buying it. I hate it when they change the bucket and just say ďphase 2 armorĒ. So unimaginative. Itís like someone just sat with Z Brush and mashed three helmets together.

I was hoping for Inquisitor Guard

Heroic Warrior
    Fantastic finale! This is now my favorite Star Wars tv show!

Fantastic finale! This is now my favorite Star Wars tv show!
    I was sitting on the edge of my chair. Absolutely loved it and Iím hoping for a second series.

I really enjoyed this series and thought the finalle was awazing...the Obi-Wan and Vader scenes mostly.
    Reva's character was a bit pointless and didn't really add much to the overall story.
    There was a few things I wasn't too keen on but overall I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Mark M; June 22, 2022 at 06:05pm.

I had no expectations for this show, I enjoyed the first episode, the 4th episode had very cool Vader moments.

Episode 6 was awful. One of the worst pieces of Star Wars media I've ever seen.

This show was laughably bad.

Reva gets stabbed in Episode 5. Obi Wan is fleeing the planet and literally the show jump cuts to Reva on Tatooine?
    She instantly teleported across the galaxy? Then Obi Wan fights Vader and somehow gets back to Tatooine the same night just as Reva brings Luke back?

Also George Lucas Clone Wars established Qui Gon can't manifest as a Force Ghost.

I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I had no expectations for this show, I enjoyed the first episode, the 4th episode had very cool Vader moments.

Episode 6 was awful. One of the worst pieces of Star Wars media I've ever seen.

This show was laughably bad.
    Reading the comments (here and other places), I wonder if we've been conditioned to just be consumers, no thinking, no analyzing, just consume the franchise(s).

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I enjoyed the show overall. My one real gripe would be:

Reva should have died. After all she did it didn't sit right that she's allowed to walk away with no real consequences for her actions. She's just one of those characters that for me fell into the category of "redemption through death the best they can hope for"

If they do make a second season (like Ewan McGreggor says he'd like to) then I think what needs to happen is this time Obi-Wan ends up on an adventure with young Luke. Something has to happen in the next few years for Luke to know "Old Ben" as well as he does in A New Hope (which is clearly more than just that guy he met once 10 years ago) and also for Owen's opinion of Ben to go really sour again.

At the same time Vader should NOT be in a second season. Or at least they should not meet again until their duel on the Death Star.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Reading the comments (here and other places), I wonder if we've been conditioned to just be consumers, no thinking, no analyzing, just consume the franchise(s).
    I don't know. I'm in between. I don't like to overanalyze and nitpick movies, honestly.

My complaints with Obi Wan are jarring gaps in logic.

I loved all 4 Seasons of Stranger Things. I have a lot of nitpicks.

I love Empire Strikes back. How long was Luke training with Yoda? How long were Han and Leia running from.Vader?

There's timeline issues there. But it's minor compared to everything else that works with ESB.

The Gremlins multiply with water. Stripe is running in snow and doesn't multiply. How do they drink?

But Gremlins is a fun fairytale. I want to be entertained. I'm into the story.

There was too much stupidity for me to accept with Obi Wan.

Reva

instantly teleporting to Tatooine and is dumb.

Well I finished of the series tonight and overall it was OK but it had some major problems. I really wanted to like this but the creators made it really hard to. I'd like another season if they'd fix the issues and get someone to actually story edit the series so there aren't so many retcons throughout the season. Every episode had something. Was Dave Filoni or Pablo Hidalgo too busy?

Reva's whole story was a waste. She was such a boring and unlikable character from the start and her whole B-story was unnecessary for the series. It was IMO just wasted screen time that Disney could have given to a more deserving character like Tala. Why didn't they make her the "break out" character of the series? At least she was interesting.

The finale had some nice parts but overall the episode was really poor and littered with awful plot points and bad writing. The Leia/Obi-Wan scenes and the Qui-Gon cameo were great. Generally the ending with Leia and Obi-Wan reuniting was touching. The stuff with Vader though made no sense. First Vader just leaves Reva lying there and doesn't finish her off or have the Grand Inquisitor kill her. Then Vader tries to bury Obi-Wan with rocks? Obi-Wan gets free, bests Vader in combat, and then just walks away again and doesn't finish him. I understand Obi-Wan couldn't kill him cause it wouldn't fit into the already established time line but the writers should have done something like have the Inquisitors show up and have them force Obi-Wan to flee. The way it was done in the finale makes Obi-Wan look like a fool cause he made the same mistake on Mustafar in Ep3. He just left Anakin lying there after he bested him and just walks away.

I loved the show. Reva was a huge problem. Totally unnecessary character. Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyable show.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    That's why I stopped consuming western entertainment and just buy toys I like while watching japstuff (which also has its fair share of bad writing but at least has a few gems out there)
    It's been politicised disappointment after disappointment.

For some reason modern western writing hates the heroes journey, despite the fact that it's a formula that works.

Whenever I see creators bring up racism or diversity, I tune out. Another red flag are the words "subverting expectations".
    Last edited by binkibonsai; June 23, 2022 at 03:13am.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Ok, so after Reva failed to kill Vader and she no longer had to pretend to work for him, why did she still try to track down and kill Luke?
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Revenge for what Vader did to her and the Younglings.

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    That's why I stopped consuming western entertainment and just buy toys I like while watching japstuff (which also has its fair share of bad writing but at least has a few gems out there)
    It's been politicised disappointment after disappointment.

For some reason modern western writing hates the heroes journey, despite the fact that it's a formula that works.

Whenever I see creators bring up racism or diversity, I tune out. Another red flag are the words "subverting expectations".
    I wouldn't say it so much hates the heroes journey, so much as it tries to put new spins on it. To mixed results.

While I certainly agree with the criticism Rravaa should have died and didn't really deserve a redemption, it's funny that you mention Japanese stuff, cause that has no shortage of people who did worse than Ravaa and got redeemed (eg Vegeta, Sasuke)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Revenge for what Vader did to her and the Younglings.
    How did she even know Luke was connected to Vader? All the voice mail says "He has learned of the children" "Owen" "Help the Boy". Nothing about who "he" is, nothing at all to connect it to Vader lol. Even if she made that leap, why would she automatically assume he was dear to Vader an not just another escaped Youngling who Vader is trying to hunt and kill, that would have been the logical assumption, she should have gone there to protect him lol

To call it fan fiction level writing is an insult to fan fiction.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    How did she even know Luke was connected to Vader? All the voice mail says "He has learned of the children" "Owen" "Help the Boy". Nothing about who "he" is, nothing at all to connect it to Vader lol. Even if she made that leap, why would she automatically assume he was dear to Vader an not just another escaped Youngling who Vader is trying to hunt and kill, that would have been the logical assumption, she should have gone there to protect him lol

To call it fan fiction level writing is an insult to fan fiction.
    Asode from the communicator, Reeva getting stabbed by Vader and getting to Tattooine etc was very odd and quite bad writing.

You are correct though that part of the story like the Reeva character in general was really needless to story.

At least the Kenobi series explains why Kylo Ren is called Ben Solo.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I can't even state how bad this show was. The ridiculousness, the stupidity...AAARRRGH!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I can't even state how bad this show was. The ridiculousness, the stupidity...AAARRRGH!
    It's Star Wars by numbers at this point. They'll milk that cow in every way possible, and they know the massive fan base will eat it up despite complaining the whole way.

It has no soul anymore.

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed the whole series.Iím not a Star Wars fan who has read the comics watched the cartoons etc etc but for 45mins every week Iíve had fun watching it.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I don't understand how this show was released as is... the writing is terrible, so many HUGE plot holes, it messes with the canon of the original trilogy, terrible acting...

The idea of a surviving youngling could have been interestingly written and acted, BUT it was poorly done on both fronts.

There were a couple of neat moments, but overall, what the heck?

Outside of what everyone has already mentioned, I LOLed when Obi-wan came to visit Alderaan after his very dramatic goodbye with Leia. When he walks out of the ship, Leia runs up to the stupid droid, and doesn't give much of a care about Obi-wan.