View Poll Results: Apple versus Android, which do you prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple

4 26.67%
  • Android

9 60.00%
  • Pffft! Land Line, baby!!

1 6.67%
  • Other (explain)

1 6.67%
  • None of the above

0 0%

Thread: Apple versus Android

Apple versus Android

Apple (iPhone, iPad, etc.) versus Android (Samsung, Google, HTC, LG, etc.)

Which do you prefer?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Apple all the way. Better UX. Better integration across devices (Apple watch, HomePod, Apple TV, iMac, iPad) and the way AirPods work across all!

Android, for ethical reason

Open Source.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Better integration across devices (Apple watch, HomePod, Apple TV, iMac, iPad) and the way AirPods work across all!
    While in some ways I like this feature of Apple's, I also like being able to have multiple Android devices that are not linked. I also like the freedom to do whatever I want with my device.

But where Android really stands out is the ability to NOT have to buy overpriced hardware just to use my devices.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Android for the exact reasons already mentioned.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress

I've tried both and I'm all in on Apple. iPhone, multiple iPads, MacBook Pro, AirPods, ATV all are great and work seamlessly together.

While Android is definitely cheaper, I feel Apples quality is better but the major advantage is that the company that makes the hardware also makes the software for it. I used to build my own PC's but just got tired of updating individual drivers etc etc and with Android, each phone company slaps their own software on top...its a mess imo

As for the price, honestly, I just keep each device longer. I don't need a shiny new phone or computer every year or 2 where realistically the major advance in in the phone is just the camera. My current iPhone X from late 2017 is still working great. I'll probably wait till there is a major update before replacing it.

Android. The flexibility of the OS lets me customize the phone to make it my own. Also I use Pixel phones. Heck, I started with the Nexus phones! Remember those?
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    Also I use Pixel phones.
    I plan on going with a Pixel phone the next time I switch out.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I plan on going with a Pixel phone the next time I switch out.
    I've had every Pixel since they came out. I wouldn't change to any other Android phone. I hate the software that other companies put on their phones over top of Android. The Pixel line gives a great plain Android experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've had every Pixel since they came out. I wouldn't change to any other Android phone. I hate the software that other companies put on their phones over top of Android. The Pixel line gives a great plain Android experience.
    I'm glad to hear that. Everyone I know that has them loves them. I just keep finding an excuse to grab the big Galaxy Notes every time and end up barely using the features

Edit: AND overpaying for them!

Yeah... I'm a Galaxy guy.

My first smart phone was an Apple... but, at the time it seemed everyone had an iPhone and the rebel in me wanted something different.

I got one of the early Samsung Galaxy phones and have upgraded off and on up my latest phone... haven't looked back since.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<