Thread: Masterverse Trap Jaw? What the hell happened?

Court Magician

Masterverse Trap Jaw? What the hell happened?

Does anybody know what's going on with Masterverse Trap Jaw? I saw him in stock on EntertainmentEarth for $26.99 but I didn't order him because I wanted to pick him up at Target & save on shipping. Now EE has him for $35.99 & Target never got him. At least I don't think he ever showed up in Target stores. Faker, Tri-Klops, Savage He-Man & King Grayskull all seem very easy to get at Target. So what's Trap Jaw's story??? This is very confusing. Shouldn't Trap Jaw be collecting dust in every Target store by now just like all the other deluxe figures?

And what about all the other stores?
    Amazon is only 3rd party sellers.
    Walmart is only 3rd party sellers.
    Completely SOLD OUT on BBTS.

WTF is going on with this figure??? Now I'm starting to get worried.
    Last edited by Reformatted2086; April 24, 2022 at 10:16pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Amazon had Trap Jaw a week or two ago. I never seen Trap Jaw in a Target store come to think about it I haven’t seen Tri-Klops in months at a Target store.

Heroic Warrior
    As annoying as it is, the figure is a bit of a disappointment once it arrives. The jaw is badly sculpted, the weapon peg is way too thin & brittle, the loops to hook on the extra weapons doe snot work, the thigh cut joint is much worse than on other figures. If minicomic Origins TJ is easy to get I plan to swap heads(because the regular Origins figure is NOT easy to get a 2nd copy of) & maybe just snip the peg off & replace with a thick metal pin.

Heroic Warrior
    The best thing to do is try checking Amazon daily if possible. Itís a figure worth buying. I really like it and I guess being sold out everywhere just shows how popular it is. Thatís why I think checking for it often will hopefully help you get one.

I saw Trap-Jaw in the wild... at the same Target that always seems to get the motherload when it comes to toys and collectibles.

It was the same trip that I saw tons of Origins and Minis along with almost every Neca TMNT 2-Pack that was currently available.

I ended up grabbing Jitsu, Buzz-Off, Wingnut & Screwloose, an extra Flash Gordon, the Universal Frankenstein and a Sonic figure I think...

I passed on the Trap-Jaw and some CGI figures because I already had them on pre-order through BBTS... I hope that I didn't make a mistake.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Court Magician
    I really want to know why Target had no problem with Faker, Tri-Klops, Savage He-Man & King Grayskull. But something is going on with Trap Jaw. How am I supposed to plan in the future when something like this happens. I could have ordered him from EE for $26.99 but thanks to Target being unreliable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Reformatted2086 View Post
    I really want to know why Target had no problem with Faker, Tri-Klops, Savage He-Man & King Grayskull. But something is going on with Trap Jaw. How am I supposed to plan in the future when something like this happens. I could have ordered him from EE for $26.99 but thanks to Target being unreliable.....
    Patience, as seen with the Rise of Evil 2-pack you may not be able to find it now but it's likely to appear(retail price or lower) eventually. Either it be in-store, online retail, ebay listings, etc.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    I was able to order TJ at retail price in early March on Amazon, he arrived last week. I usually will save items that are out of stock into a Shopping List [not the cart] and then its easy to check availability without having to search for them manually.

Ive seen TriKlops at Target bot not TJ yet.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Court Magician
    Thanks to Target's current sale, I was able to catch up my Masterverse collection. All except for Trap Jaw & Man At Arms. I'll probably order Man At Arms this Friday. The Targets near me are loaded with Fakers & Savage He-Mans. And King Grayskull is just starting to show up. So yeah, definitely skipped right over Trap Jaw. Now the entire MOTU community really needs to find out why. I'm sure somebody with the right connections can get to the bottom of this.

I found him on the Target app and set the notification to let me know when itís back in stock. Got the notification and ordered him a few hours later.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

He's in stock at EE right now.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...figure/mtgyy36

Just updated from "in stock" to "restocking soon".
    Last edited by depp76; May 9, 2022 at 07:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    He was at target today and on sale for $26.99. I think he will be getting to stores and will be available like Tri-Klops and orko.

I ordered him on sale at &Target this week and he arrived yesterday afternoon. Heís a great figure!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Heroic Warrior
    I saw three Trap Jaw this morning at Target on sale for $26.99

I picked up 2 in the wild at Target yesterday on sale for $26.99 each.

Didn't bother to look at the other Targets in my area. I actually only went into the store for other 'non-toy' stuff and 'happened' to be by the toy isle...
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing." - Skeletor
    My thought on collecting.