Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your first MOTU figured back in the 80's

Way too long for me to remember - I am an 80s child.
    I would imagine it would be He-Man. I know Man at Arms was my favourite but also Fisto.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; August 2, 2022 at 02:06am.

He-Man historian
    My memory isn't the best, but I reckon He-Man and Skeletor. Or possibly He-Man and Battle Cat. I still have them after all these years.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

My first ever figure was He-man, to the best of my knowledge. I had many figures including Grayskull, but for some reason I never remembered owning the Wind Raider. Then the other day I came across a really old photo, and saw the Wind Raider in the photo, with the other toys. I was really surprised.

We got the first four figures all at once - He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor and Beast Man

Edit: I must be getting old, I didn't know I had already responded to this thread months ago!
    Last edited by Lich Leech; August 3, 2022 at 06:59pm.

My first figure was actually Sy-Klone. I knew nothing about Masters of the Universe, when I bought him, and I remember choosing him because he looked the most like your typical superhero to me.
    Leech sucks..!

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Skeletor and Battle Cat. I got an original He Man later than same year. And the avalanche started.
    Please Give My Vintage Want To Buy List A Look: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ge-Accessories
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

I got He-Man and Man-At-Arms for Christmas in 1982. I got some money as a gift and went to Thrifty's (now Rite Aid) to buy Skeletor and Beast Man the same day.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Moss Man

My first MOTU figure (that i remember) was Moss Man and I'll never ever forget the smell of the "pine" scent. As a kid I thought it smelled like that because of the flocked manner of the figure, I threw the package away without reading that the pine scent was a feature of the figure. I didn't realize it until way later in life when I got my first (second) moc moss Man. When i read the package describing the scent associated with Moss Man it did 2 things, it reminded me exactly of that smell and it made me feel like an idiot for loving MOTU so much and only realizing that feature of Moss Man so much later in life. I almost opened the one I bought as an adult to see if the scent remained but I decided against it as I felt it would be a crime to rip open such an old noc figure.

Heroic Podcaster
    He-Man and Zodac at a TRU in (or very near) Houston, Texas. Summer, 1982.

I was visiting my dad (he and mom divorced when I was 2 in 1976) and he took me to TRU because he had one way closer to his home than my mom did to hers. My dad and I do not have a great relationship but I will always be grateful that he agreed to take me to TRU that hot Texas day.

I remember the MOTU display was this huge red wall that went up farther than my 8 year old self could see (or so it seemed). I loved a LOT of 80s toys (GIJoe, MASK, Crystar, Air Raiders, Sectaurs, Visionaries, Centurions, GoBots, Other World, Starriors, Sky Commanders, on and on) but never had that awestruck moment with any of them that I did with MOTU.

He-Man makes sense but I don't know why I picked Zodac when Skeletor and Beast Man were right there. I remember not liking that Mer-Man didn't look anything like the cardback. Beast Man is now my favorite 8-back villain but Zodac will always be special to me.
    ORIGINS COUNTDOWN - Blade BlastAttak DBSkeletor Dragstor Extendar Grizzlor Gwildor HurrHordak KingHiss* KingRandor* KobraKhan* LLSkeletor LPHeMan Mekaneck Modulok MossMan MultiBot Rattlor* RioBlast Rokkon Rotar Saurod SnakeFace* Spikor Sssqueeze* Stonedar SyKlone TungLashor* Twistoid TwoBad Whiplash*

Christmas morning 1982 - He-Man, Skeletor, and Mer-Man

Christmas 1982.jpg
    MOTU FAN since 1982

Mine wasn’t a figure. It was Castle Grayskull for my birthday in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by rmhart View Post
    Christmas morning 1982 - He-Man, Skeletor, and Mer-Man

Christmas 1982.jpg
    That looks awesome!

BA He-Man with Battlecat, BA Skeletor with Panthor, and Spikor. I still have them 😃

I genuinely don't remember the first Motu figure I owned , but

The first figure I LOST was ram man .... I was about 5 or 6,We were living on an army base in Germany at the time and there was a big circular park over the road from where we lived ,with a huuuuge sandpit , I'd take all my fave toys there ( no chance of getting robbed or kidnapped because everyone on the base was my dads friend ,or colleague ) anyway , I buried him , part of some story then when mum called me in for tea , I scooped my figures up and forgot all about rammy. We were going back to the UK the next day so for all I know he's still there

The LAST figure I bought was spout snout . In fact I stole him . I would have been 12 or 13 ,It was in the 90s , some little shop in st Helens that sold a bit of everything , and he would have cost me £1.85 but he didn't . He was the latest arrival and only survivor from my vintage collection , I didn't have any of that wave first time round,and as of 2 weeks ago I can't find his head

I took faker everywhere. I don't know why . I just remember playing with him in a lot of different places and on a lot of different car journeys .

And tung lashor . In fact , thinking about it now , the snakemen wave is probably my " main era " of collecting vintage Motu , it's definitely what I see when I close my eyes and think about the racks at Littlewoods and Woolworths.

modulok. My auntie said " he's disgusting" she meant it too

Anyway , there's me answering everything BUT the original question

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

My first one was Dragon Blaster Skeletor, followed by classic He-Man. I remember they both had brilliant mini-comics too. He-Man's mini-comic featured Stridor, so that was the third thing I got. Happy days!