Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your first MOTU figured back in the 80's

Your first MOTU figured back in the 80's

Skeletor 1983

Heroic Warrior
    Tri-Klops 1983

Got him because I remembered seeing him on TV in the episode "The Time Corridor"

My first MOTU figure was Webstor and my first POP figure was Castaspella.

I didn't discover NA until years later, but my first figure was Kayo.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The original He-Man and Skeletor...I pretty much ignored He-Man because Skeletor was so much cooler...this still holds true 40 years later lol

I'm not sure, but I think it was Kobra Khan and/or Buzz Off
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Ram Man or Battle Armor He-Man. I was so entertained by them as a nipper, though I remember thinking Ram Man's feature was a growth thing.

I always liked dwarves in Fantasy so in my head Ram Man has always been a dwarf (which is why I gave my custom rammy a Masters WWE Goldberg head)

I had both but I don't remember which came first.
    I only learned of Fisto much later but I'm certain that if I saw him or Jitsu as a kid I would've gotten them first.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Man-At-Arms.
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Stratos I got him while Star wars was still my main thing I even used him as an evil robot i got into the line soon after.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    I was really young back in the early 1980s so pretty much my first Masters of the Universe figures were battle damage armor skeletor and He-Man

Webstor
    Out of the darkness and into your mind

Man at Arms, with my second being Beast Man.
    This message has been Orko Approved

Actually the very first time I saw an actual MOTU figured was Beastman along with the castle in 82 at friends house. I was hooked on MOTU since then. But like in my first comment it was Skeletor I got for my birthday along with the castle...

I thought Skeletor own the castle when I first got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    Ram Man or Battle Armor He-Man. I was so entertained by them as a nipper, though I remember thinking Ram Man's feature was a growth thing.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...Q1z1rmVRpP8B1I

I always liked dwarves in Fantasy so in my head Ram Man has always been a dwarf (which is why I gave my custom rammy a Masters WWE Goldberg head)

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...1BhuGnImDhfauc

I had both but I don't remember which came first.
    I only learned of Fisto much later but I'm certain that if I saw him or Jitsu as a kid I would've gotten them first.
    When I got Ram man in 83. I wished he looked like the back cover with the ripped arms. This year I made a second Ram-man custom figured with Goldberg ripped arms...Exactly the same like you did lol

RamMan.jpg
    Last edited by Rick Ram; May 8, 2022 at 10:45am.

Heroic Warrior
    Skeletor. My sister had Teela at the same time.

Original He-Man & Skeletor. More quickly followed. Eventually, I had them all. Those were the days, haha.

Mer-Man!
    And my big brother received Skeletor, I think it was Christmas, and Mer-Man still is my favourite figure of them all

My little brother and I each scored a HeMan for Christmas 1984 . We still have one of them .

Trap Jaw - 1982 I think (pre-Filmation for sure). I saw him hanging on the shelf and was immediately obsessed. At first my parents refused to buy him, but once I started sobbing on the escalator, my dad had a change of heart and we went back and got him. That started a love for MOTU that is still going strong 40 years later. Wow.

Mine were He-Man and Skeletor- Im sure it was 1982. Also, I remember being soooo excited when the Filmation show came out and really disappointed when, not long after the show started, my parents would no longer buy me MOTU or Star Wars. They really tried to age me up but I came in fast with the but, GI Joe are army men so, I can have those right?. It worked for a little while.

Heroic Warrior
    My first was he-man in '82 back when the only sort of media for the property was the very first commercial for the toys. It was a consolation gift cause we recently had to give up a stray we found and we were really upset about it so parents brought us the to the toy store to pick something. I picked he-man and my younger sister picked skeletor for some reason...or maybe that was picked for her by my dad. But whatever, I ended up appropriating it later on anyway.

My first was Tri-Klops. I had just become obsessed with the cartoon and told my mom I wanted a He-Man, and she planned to get me one to put in my Easter basket (that would've been 1983 or 1984, not sure when), but she couldn't find He-Man anywhere, so she grabbed Tri-Klips because he was the one figure out of all of them that looked closest to He-Man.

I didn't care. I loved that Tri-Klops figure and he remains my favorite MOTU character ever. It actually took quite some time before I ever found He-Man or Skeletor at retail. They were pretty scarce.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

He-man then either tri-klops, trap-jaw or jitsu.
    Last edited by suckator; May 15, 2022 at 04:50pm.

Mekaneck is my first figure which I got in 1985. I still have him.

Taiwan: He-Man, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Faker, Man-At-Arms and Castle Grayskull in 1983. I started collecting them in July, 2021.

Back in 1982, my brother and I got the first four figures released:

Man, I wish I knew for sure. I was born in Sept. '82 so while He-Man was always in my life the very earliest bits are fuzzy.

It almost had to have been the Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Cat gift set, since those were two of the very earliest figures I remember having, along with Battle Armor Skeletor, Man-At-Arms, and Beast Man (who I lost). I think I was just born when Series 1 came out, and subsequently I never had any of those figures until many years later; most of my childhood collection was from Series 2 onward. My Dad bought them all for me, and he definitely would have made sure I had some version of He-Man before any other character, and I can't remember ever having him but not Battle Cat, so I'm almost 100% sure that the Gift Set was the very first thing I got. I didn't have a "regular" He-Man until they reissued him years later; like a lot of kids, I had to make due with Battle Armor He-Man as my main guy for the longest time.

Anyway, yeah, I honestly do remember some things about being a year or so old, but I'm having to mostly-assume that it was the Gift Set with Battle Cat and Battle Armor He-Man because I sincerely don't remember getting them, I just can't recall a time when I didn't have them. Probably the first action figure I EVER owned, really. Although that could have also been Crystar, the timeline would add up. But I'll say Battle Armor He-Man was my first-ever action figure of any kind because it just sounds better... and besides, it's probably true.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA