Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: ThunderCats Ultimates Toy Line Positivity Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Couldn't believe that myself, what a relief ! Soon the main mutants will be complete which is really exciting to me. Ratar-Ō can't wait a bit longer as far as I'm concerned, not a big deal.
    I don't know... I consider Ratar-O to be an A-Lister and a figure I'd like sooner, rather than later.

The same goes for Cruncher, Top Spinner, and Ram Bam.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Just an FYI , Amazon has been doing timed clearance sales on these. Some have hit as low as 30 bucks.

A list characters stay floating at 40-45, but keep checking. I did in fact cancel my mandora’s bike, and I have no doubt that will be on there for pennies eventually.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Just an FYI , Amazon has been doing timed clearance sales on these. Some have hit as low as 30 bucks.

A list characters stay floating at 40-45, but keep checking. I did in fact cancel my mandora’s bike, and I have no doubt that will be on there for pennies eventually.
    Yeah, I got my Decayed Mumm-Ra and Jaga from Amazon for way below MSRP...

Amazon also has some killer prices on Super 7 TMNT as well.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I don't know... I consider Ratar-O to be an A-Lister and a figure I'd like sooner, rather than later.
    It would be cool if they designed a figure that could double as Ratar-O and Ratilla, since their designs are similar. You could change the character by swapping the accessories. Then you are getting a two-for-one, since I doubt there is a big demad for both of them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It would be cool if they designed a figure that could double as Ratar-O and Ratilla, since their designs are similar. You could change the character by swapping the accessories. Then you are getting a two-for-one, since I doubt there is a big demad for both of them separately.
    This is an excellent idea!

Something along these lines would truly be an Ultimate figure!

I’ve been one of the biggest critics of the line due to multiple factors, but if you give me a giant Vultureman at 20 bucks… yeah I’ll even support that. I could customize it to be smaller, but no way I’d cut up a 70 dollar figure direct from s7. Tax and shipping is murder. Amazon is also offering free shipping on their Thundercats lol!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Heroic Warrior
    I grabbed that bundle deal from ee. Pumra liono and snowman for 95. Can't pass that up. I'll use them for parts for customs.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Got the email that Cheetara is arriving at the warehouse and will be shipping to customers in a couple of weeks. Much sooner than anticipated--seems closer to the old days of 28 days on the boat rather than the up to 90 days that have been standard more recently. Hoping the danger is true for wave 5, which is on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Got the email that Cheetara is arriving at the warehouse and will be shipping to customers in a couple of weeks. Much sooner than anticipated.
    I am holding out hope that this figure has no issues. She looks pretty darn good in this photo, in fact. I actually think her two alternate heads look better than her default head, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. But I'm super excited to finally get her and complete the core team... with the exception of Snarf, of course.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I am holding out hope that this figure has no issues. She looks pretty darn good in this photo, in fact. I actually think her two alternate heads look better than her default head, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. But I'm super excited to finally get her and complete the core team... with the exception of Snarf, of course.
    Yes, I think she looks really good as well. I know the prior in-package picture some weeks ago had people concerned about a too-thick torso. I think it's pretty clear that the plastic strip protecting the figure from the wire tie obscures things. Still, people's milage will vary on the waist/torso articulation. For me, I'm 100% with Super7 on aesthetics over more advanced articulation. Their style is right where I'm at with regard to what you see (or don't) on an articulated figure.

Even I'll say, she turned out WAY better than the photos Brian originally showed. If she ends up that good in hand and they stay on course for this level of accuracy they would have a good thing going.

I still don't like the boob-swivel, but Cheetara is looking good!

Heroic Warrior
    Very excited to finally have the whole team FINALLY ..
    nope

Heroic Warrior
    Got the email that Cheetara is arriving at the warehouse and will be shipping to customers in a couple of weeks. Much sooner than anticipated--seems closer to the old days of 28 days on the boat rather than the up to 90 days that have been standard more recently. Hoping the danger is true for wave 5, which is on the water.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...0faaa083f1.jpg

Where did you get yours from?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Where did you get yours from?

This isn't mine. It's the photo sent with the Super7 email announcing that they are receiving the figure in their warehouse and will be shipping soon.

Heroic Warrior
    This isn't mine. It's the photo sent with the Super7 email announcing that they are receiving the figure in their warehouse and will be shipping soon.

Oh so you ordered directly from super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Oh so you ordered directly from super 7.

Yeah, I ordered from them and so got the 'shipping soon' alert.

Looks like my Cheetara order from Super7 will show up tomorrow. Excited to see her in hand.

As I said in the other thread, she looks a bit short at first from early samples but is pretty accurate according to the model sheets.

Pleased with how the face turned out from what I'm seeing.

PROTECTED: ThunderCats Ultimates Toy Line Positivity Thread

And she's here!

I think she looks even better in hand. The paint applications are particularly good on this one. The face is very clean.

I think the overlay over the buck gives a slight frumpy look but it isn't as bad as some of the other review pictures made it seem. A sculpted torso rather than the overlay would be nice. Still, this turned out better than expected. I thought the overlay might not attach completely as with MOTUC Adora. Not so. Doesn't come across as loose looking as I thought.

The face sculpt on the prototype was really impressive. I feel like the production looks more like the cartoon. Well done.

Excellent figure and a great representation of the show, in my opinion. These figures keep getting better...especially with the new factory. Can't wait for wave 5 and Mandora!

Last edited by KingRandorFacepalm; June 27, 2022 at 06:15pm.

I'm pleased with my Cheetarah overall. I received her today.

Slithe is still the best Thundercat figure they've made along with Monkian, Mummy Mumm Ra, and Snowman.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    What figure stands are people using? I have been using NECA ones, but they pegs are too thin.

What figure stands are people using? I have been using NECA ones, but they pegs are too thin.
    I don't use any stands for mine.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by unclassified; July 29, 2022 at 08:22pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't use stands.

I used to know a site that made and sold stands for every kind of figure, but have no clue what it was. I forget the diameter of the holes too. I just googled and can't find the site but seen other options.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey the classified Walmart stands work. So do the Walmart superfriends stands from Mattel years back. Whatever that diameter is is the stand that will work.