Thread: Ghostbusters re-issues still going? 3 Ecto-1's found in stores

Heroic Warrior

Ghostbusters re-issues still going? 3 Ecto-1's found in stores

Dear mods, I typed in "ghostbusters" in the search menu and the following error came back, same as always.

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

This thread might need to be merged, but I can't find a thread for it.

So, several months ago (maybe even a year ago) the Ecto-1, Fearsome Flush and the Bug Eye Ghost were supposed to be released to Wal-Marts, but they opted to sell them online only, much to my chagrin. Well, there I am looking for Origins, when lo and behold the Ecto-1 is sitting there on the shelf. The box wasn't ideal, but it was the only one they had so I got it. Since they weren't supposed to be released in stores, I figure someone ordered it online, but then returned it to the store, meaning I probably wouldn't have another opportunity. But today I found two more, so I expect something changed. I was wondering, is there any plan to release the two ghosts as well?

I did buy another one, with the intent to return the first one. The frustrating thing is that I actually saw FF back when they were supposed to be released but I opted to pass until I found everything together. I really wish I had gotten him, as I would only be missing the BEG at this point. Live and learn, I guess.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Dear mods, I typed in "ghostbusters" in the search menu and the following error came back, same as always.

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)

This thread might need to be merged, but I can't find a thread for it.

So, several months ago (maybe even a year ago) the Ecto-1, Fearsome Flush and the Bug Eye Ghost were supposed to be released to Wal-Marts, but they opted to sell them online only, much to my chagrin. Well, there I am looking for Origins, when lo and behold the Ecto-1 is sitting there on the shelf. The box wasn't ideal, but it was the only one they had so I got it. Since they weren't supposed to be released in stores, I figure someone ordered it online, but then returned it to the store, meaning I probably wouldn't have another opportunity. But today I found two more, so I expect something changed. I was wondering, is there any plan to release the two ghosts as well?

I did buy another one, with the intent to return the first one. The frustrating thing is that I actually saw FF back when they were supposed to be released but I opted to pass until I found everything together. I really wish I had gotten him, as I would only be missing the BEG at this point. Live and learn, I guess.
    The search feature has been down a long time because the site hasnít even upgraded yet.
    I saw bothFearsome Flush and Bug Eye ghost a long while back in Walmarts around me. They had a lot - they even went on clearance for 50% off. I seen the ecto 1 at a few Walmarts recently, they had at least 4 at the one I was at yesterday.

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a good news source for this line? Is it actually dead, or just hibernating? I'd really love to see more of the human style ghosts and the Monsters sub-line.

For the first 6 months they were out, the first wave was scarce. The line was readily available though at all Walmarts in my area once the ghost wave hit. At one time the toy isle was flooded with 8 pegs of wave 1 and wave 2 along with Ecto-1s. More releases were hinted at by Hasbro but nothing was announced. After the line pretty much stalled at retail last year, I doubt we'll see anything else.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    For the first 6 months they were out, the first wave was scarce. The line was readily available though at all Walmarts in my area once the ghost wave hit. At one time the toy isle was flooded with 8 pegs of wave 1 and wave 2 along with Ecto-1s. More releases were hinted at by Hasbro but nothing was announced. After the line pretty much stalled at retail last year, I doubt we'll see anything else.
    It must just be my area. I never saw wave 2 except FF once. Never saw Ecto-1 until a week or two ago, and before wave two and Ecto-1 were released I heard from multiple sources that they were going to be online only, which I guess was not true. Pretty annoying.

And that's one Wal-Mart in my area, one 30 minutes north, one 30 minutes south, and one 45 minutes south. Never saw a thing in a pretty big swatch of an area. Pretty annoying. If they could get their distribution in order most of these lines wouldn't die the way they have been. What a waste.