Thread: The Unofficial Amazing Spider-Man Newspaper Strip Continuation

Heroic Warrior

The Unofficial Amazing Spider-Man Newspaper Strip Continuation

The Amazing Spider-Man was a daily comic strip featuring the character Spider-Man which was syndicated for more than 40 years. It was a dramatic, soap opera-style strip with story arcs which typically ran for eight to twelve weeks. While the strip used many of the same characters as the Spider-Man comic book, the storylines were nearly all originals and did not share the same continuity. A consistently popular strip, it was published from 1977 to 2019.

On March 23, 2019, the final original newspaper Amazing Spider-Man strip was published. All subsequently published strips have been reprints, and no plans have been announced for any new artist and/or writer to revive or reboot the strip.

Until now.

Launching sometime in 2022, the Amazing Spider-Man newspaper strip will return

The first story picks up exactly where the original strip left off, with Peter and Mary Jane Parker arriving in Australia, where MJ meets and befriends the Black Cat while Peter must contest with the perilous Vulture as both sides clash for possession of a priceless set of diamonds that are key to powering an orbiting superweapon located on the lunar landscapes of the moon itself.

As for the second storyline, I think I’ve said ’nuff, hope to surprise you with it down the road. Might even surprise myself too.

Speaking of ’nuff said, these strips will be silent ones. I find it a chore to letter, but I hope you’ll still be able to understand the story

For many decades, the newspaper strip was always a source of great amusement for generations of diligent readers, putting Spider-Man in all sorts of wacky situations, but more to the point, it had something the core books for many years post-JMS hadn't, the enduring heart and affection Peter and Mary Jane had for one another, it became a lifeline for marriage fans who were aware of it, and I hope to bring some of those feels back to the forefront yet again with these strip adventures
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; June 2, 2022 at 03:12am.

Heroic Warrior

To me Spider-Man comics are way better than the newspaper ones.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior

Today, we go live with the first entry in our unofficial continuation of the ASM Newspaper strip.

The Parkers are in Australia, but old flames and foes have followed them down under!

These strips have been plotted out in the vein of ‘Nuff Said’, no lettering/dialogue, I let the visual talents of our strip artist Xavier do all of the talking. All strips will be in black and white also, colouring is just more expensive. I’ve got a budget.

Updates won’t be daily, but we’ll all try to pump one out at a consistent rate

We at the team are ever so proud to present this to you. It is been my dream to plot out a Spider-Man comic on a scale such as this all my life, and to find and work with a skilled, easily adaptable, and classically styled artist like Xavier on the strip at incredible rates has been a true blessing.

There’s plenty of action, plenty of heart, and plenty to come. Stay tuned for more in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    To me Spider-Man comics are way better than the newspaper ones.
    If you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; July 12, 2022 at 09:50am.

What I mean is I prefer to read the comic book rather than reading the comic strip version that you find in your daily newspaper.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; July 12, 2022 at 09:49am.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; July 12, 2022 at 09:48am.

Heroic Warrior