Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Official Australian Collectors Thread

Mastersverse 40th anniversary he-man 28$ delivered on Amazon AU

Progress

Heroic Warrior
    Got up this morning, did my morning routine, sat down at the computer, remembered that the Wun-Dar made-to-order should be open by now, logged in, placed order, paid, got Paypal receipt and took screenshots (because the actual confirmation e-mail from Mattel takes bloody ages for no apparent reason), done.

Just the waiting to go. That's how it should be.

Hope they can fix the massive screw-up with international pricing. Hope everyone calls them on the collecting local taxes rubbish, because I'm damned sure they aren't registered to remit taxes in each of those countries...

Terrorclaws skeletor 31$ shipped on Amazon Au

https://www.amazon.com.au/Masters-Un...s%2C211&sr=8-3

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    Terrorclaws skeletor 31$ shipped on Amazon Au

https://www.amazon.com.au/Masters-Un...s%2C211&sr=8-3
    Good price. Never really liked that one. I still have a worn figure only from the 80s

Scored a 200x skeletor at knox toyworld today. Thereís a pig head, 200x he-man, mastersverse cgi skeletor, catra and quite a few other figures still sitting there on the shelf

Hi fellow Aussies, anyone know the cheapest place to get one of the rubber leg repair bands from?

Shipping on ebay seems a bit much

I've got 1 figure to repair
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; October 10, 2022 at 06:07am.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Hi fellow Aussies, anyone know the cheapest place to get one of the rubber leg repair bands from?

Shipping on ebay seems a bit much

I've got 1 figure to repair
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/Ha8d34e52...20xz.jpg_.webp
    First hit shows $1.10 postage.

Is that too much?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11554391...mis&media=COPY
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior
    So, for anyone wondering about ordering Eternia in Australia:

USD $750 all up - $550 for the item, $200 for postage (which theoretically includes any duty that may apply). No Paypal option (it was there last week), so everything has to go on your credit card in one lump (which makes sense for a project where Mattel has to lock in the funding or it doesn't go ahead).

At current conversion rates, that's somewhere around AUD $1200 (there's now a charge on my card for $1202.80, not sure if there's a foreign currency fee to come as well, probably is).

And less than 5 hours in, it is almost 50% to funded. Which follows the usual crowdfunding curve - big initial interest, then it tapers off, and then in the last few days it surges again. I think it'll be funded easily (and thought so earlier), but I've no clue about it getting to 8000 or 10000 for the moat monster and Keclar.

Hi. How are Aussies buying Origins online, new and last waves ? Which store do pre-orders and we can check stock levels in?

bulletproofvillain was the only one I new but it's gone before I could order.

I'm open to buying US a lot the shipping isn't stupid like eBay.

I used to get them through BBTS, wait till I have a few in my PoL then ship them all together.

However now that international shipping costs have increased significantly, last time I grabbed 200x HM and Skeletor just off an Aussie eBay seller, with combined shipping it worked out quite a bit cheaper.

If you can wait out the initial excitement for however long they take to arrive here, I think that current the cheapest option.

Heroic Warrior
    Bulletproof Villain was my last, best hope for an Australian source of current Origins toys

Well, not quite. There's the faint whiff of Origins at Big W once more (because a few of us managed to snag wave 9 there), so maaaaaaaybe some more will show up at some point (but I'm not betting on it - in fact I'm going back to acting as if it won't happen).

I discovered recently that All Star Comics in Melbourne (where I get my comics from) stocks Origins, and I had Snout Spout chucked in with my order. They only get a few items in though, but it's better than nothing. Maybe other comic shops also have stock (haven't looked).

I keep this Toyworld URL open in a tab and check it regularly.

Other than that, I have come to rely on Amazon, both Amazon itself (US, UK, AU) and a couple of Amazon sellers (especially Avalan Kids, the Australian vendor who somehow managed to get Sun Man into my hands before much of the US had it!). There's always e-bay, if you have to (I have this week a Roton on the way from France), and I had to for a lot of what I've obtained.

And finally, there's a US site called Deep Discount. Don't pre-order anything there, but do buy stuff in stock cheap - this is one of those reknowned US clearance places, where, for example, you might find a Wind Raider for USD $10 (yes, I did, and a Land Shark). Looking right now, I can see some really cheap Origins figures for the taking - Battle Armour Skelly, Buzz Off, Sorceress, Jitsu - all at 60+% off. Plus a few other things at lesser discounts which are hard to get in Australia (the current deluxes, for a start). Even with postage (which is rather cheap) they still turn out to be a bargain.

I have written off Mad Zombie in Adelaide (lengthy story to come when the last bits of my sizeable order placed in February finally arrive), and Ozgameshop in the UK (never liked them in the first place, but they've recently taken a bunch of orders that they could not supply, right as they've changed ownership and taken their web site and e-mails down for "renovation" and "relaunch" - I did get my money back, eventually, but never again).

The biggest lesson I've learnt over the past year is that you have to look hard, and you have to be willing to spend. I went in with the expectation that I could collect these things for say $25 each, and missed quite a few opportunities as that expectation turned out to be quite, quite wrong. But I still can't bring myself to pay what is being asked for Mini-Comics Tri-Klops and The Mysteries Of Grayskull.
    Last edited by JJJ; October 15, 2022 at 07:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I used to get them through BBTS, wait till I have a few in my PoL then ship them all together.

However now that international shipping costs have increased significantly, last time I grabbed 200x HM and Skeletor just off an Aussie eBay seller, with combined shipping it worked out quite a bit cheaper.

If you can wait out the initial excitement for however long they take to arrive here, I think that current the cheapest option.
    How much do they charge to OZ if I get a bunch at once? What if I pre order and they don't all get released at the same time?

BBTS offer a unique service called the Pile of Loot. They let you store items and pre orders for up to 90 days before they have to be shipped.

They also donít charge you for pre orders until they arrive.

My last order was 5 figures and I was charged about $65 shipping which is why Iím trying Aussie eBay sellers now. That shipping fee from BBTS is a lot more than pre pandemic shipping costs they used to charge.

The eBay seller I recently grabbed the two 200x figures charged about $35 each including shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    BBTS offer a unique service called the Pile of Loot. They let you store items and pre orders for up to 90 days before they have to be shipped.

They also donít charge you for pre orders until they arrive.

My last order was 5 figures and I was charged about $65 shipping which is why Iím trying Aussie eBay sellers now. That shipping fee from BBTS is a lot more than pre pandemic shipping costs they used to charge.

The eBay seller I recently grabbed the two 200x figures charged about $35 each including shipping.
    That sucks to hear - about the shipping fee.

Anybody that has ordered eternia, keep in mind that if you are ordering more than one on the same order it may be held by customs when it ships and you may need to pay further taxes for it to be released to you as it’s over 1000$.
    Last edited by crazyjoe; October 22, 2022 at 08:00pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh yes? Mattel claims that all taxes and duties are included in the surcharge we paid.

Good luck with that. Hopefully I am wrong
    Last edited by crazyjoe; October 21, 2022 at 05:27am.

Heroic Warrior
    All Star Comics in Melbourne just got in Teela & Zoar. Will be a bit steep ($79.95 with postage, about $5 less if you chuck it into your comics order if you have one), but they're the only place in Australia with stock just now, and most other places with pre-orders seem to be asking a similar amount. And it'll cost more to have it posted from the US.

For those of us looking at Mondo Battle cat, I did a few calculations around the different payment options.

Initially I was going to do PayPal pay in 4. It works out at $226.14 per instalment for a total of $904.52.

I ended up just taking the full hit on my cc and it was $869.20.

So $35.32 less just because PayPalís exchange rate is so bad.

Heroic Warrior
    I just bought Whiplash and mini-comic Trap-Jaw from Minotaur in Melboure. Expensive ($46 each), but the postage was free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I just bought Whiplash and mini-comic Trap-Jaw from Minotaur in Melboure. Expensive ($46 each), but the postage was free.
    Scratch that, it turns out they never had stock.

Highly irritating. Won't be bothering with them again.

If you have a OnePass account - Origins Castle Grayskull is only $125.30 - free postage (or express $2) from Catch.com.au
    Check your emails, I had a $15 Catch voucher that reduced it further.

Now I HAVE THE POWEEEEER!!!! (when it arrives)

Mega Construx Snake Mountain is up on Amazon for $AUD488 wth free shipping from the UK (if you are a prime member).

Works out to pretty much the base price in USD.

Iím holding out for a sale but its there if anyone wants it at RRP.

Is anyone grabbing multiple Camo Khans to display both heads?

If yes, Iíd like to buy the extra flared head off you to try out on my Classics Camo Khan.

Let me know, happy to be reasonable on price.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish I could grab just one, but I fully expect to be locked out at 0201 Saturday morning by scalper-bots.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone who could not obtain 200x He-Man or Skelly when Big W had them in (ever so briefly), All-Star Comics in Melbourne has some (but regrettably not the rest of the wave).