Thread: MasterChef Season 14 (UPDATED)

MasterChef Season 14 (UPDATED)

I'm deleting and restarting my MasterChef thread to bring it up to date as we have a WINNER!

Aldo Ortado (ELIMINATED)
    Ali Stoner (ELIMINATED)
    Alvin Quah (ELIMINATED)
    Billie McKay (FIRST PLACE - $250,000)
    Chris Tran (ELIMINATED)
    Christina Batista (ELIMINATED)
    Daniel Lamble (THIRD PLACE - $20,000)
    Dulan Hapuarachchi (ELIMINATED)
    Harry Tomlinson (ELIMINATED)
    Jenn Lee (ELIMINATED)
    John Carasig (ELIMINATED)
    Julie Goodwin (ELIMINATED)
    Keyma Vasquez Montero (ELIMINATED)
    Matt Landmark (ELIMINATED)
    Max Krapivsky (ELIMINATED)
    Melanie Persson (ELIMINATED)

Michael Weldon (ELIMINATED)
    Mindy Woods (ELIMINATED)
    Minoli De Silva (ELIMINATED)
    Montana Hughes (ELIMINATED)
    Sarah Todd (SECOND PLACE - $30,000)
    Sashi Cheliah (ELIMINATED)
    Steph Woon (ELIMINATED)
    Tommy Pham (ELIMINATED)
    Last edited by Mikey; July 12, 2022 at 08:18am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

It is hard to predict who's the winner of this year's Masterchef Australia. Anyway, good luck to all the remaining 10 contestants.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Mikey, Masterchef needs to hire you as a correspondent or in some other capacity. They are really missing out if they donít.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Mikey, Masterchef needs to hire you as a correspondent or in some other capacity. They are really missing out if they donít.
    His attention to detail in these synopses is impeccable. I don't even need to actually watch the show lol.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    His attention to detail in these synopses is impeccable. I don't even need to actually watch the show lol.
    At first I thought Mikey should be made host, but heís too nice of a person and wouldnít let anyone be eliminated.

Thankyou my friends for the kind words and for being interested. The competition right now is epic because we have a WINNER!

All my past commentaries are archived on my Instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/mikeylaurence11/

Tonight on the grand finale of this season of MasterChef, Billie & Sarah had to make a dish that was BOTH sweet AND savoury in the first round.

Billie made cumin infused honeycomb panna cotta with rhubarb & rosemary snow and coriander mint oil. The panna cotta was NOT set properly. She scored 21/30.

Sarah made the perfect butter chicken wings with sugared jaggery. She scored 26/30.

In the second round, both the ladies had to recreate one of Heston Blumenthal's recipes. A tart made with apple compote, crunchy puff pastry, caramel, fennel crumb, vanilla ice cream and crystalised flowers. Sarah and Billie both messed up their pastry and had to remake it.

Billie scored 37/40.

Sarah scored 30/40.

The scores from the two rounds added together:

Billie scored 58/70.

Sarah scored 56/70.

The FIRST place winner of MasterChef Australia 2022 is BILLIE McKAY. She is the first person to ever win MasterChef TWICE! She wins the trophy, the title and $250,000.

In SECOND place is SARAH TODD who won $30,000.

Despite being eliminated in the semi final, DANIEL LAMBLE DID make THIRD place, so he was awarded with $20,000.

Congratulations to Billie, Sarah & Daniel for being this year's champions! I'm going to miss this show until the 2023 season starts, and I shall provide commentaries for that season as well, right here on the forums and Instagram.

I am delighted that Daniel was rewarded for his lovely personality, his courage and fortitude, and his amazing culinary prowess.
    Last edited by Mikey; July 12, 2022 at 08:22am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)