Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Start at 1:00:20

Masters of the Universe: Revolution is described as the next epic chapter in the battle for Eternia. It is a standalone story that takes place after the events in Revelation. Masters of the Universe: Revolution is an all-new story that brings the focus to He-Man vs. Skeletor “like you’ve never seen them before,” per Netflix. It’s technology versus magic as He-Man and the heroic warriors face the forces of Skeletor and a deadly threat to the Planet.
    Read more on Deadline

--------------------

Kevin Smith Tweet

--------------------

NEW MINI SERIES IS COMING!

Masters of the Universe: REVOLUTION

Picks up where the Revelation series left off.

--------------------

Mod Note:

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for Masters of the Universe Revolution Cartoon Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 8, 2022 at 08:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Heck yeah!!! Consider me excited!

revolution.jpg

YES!! How awesome is this?!?

This just made my day!

I gather two things from the announcement:

1. All of the Revelation-haters only helped spread the news about the show as it gained more views.

2. Mattel/Netflix/Smith & Co. stuck to their guns and will seem to keep with their vision of MOTU.

Now... more toys and a competent video game for goodness sake!!!!

...also, more seasons of CGI MOTU please.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely need video games. A MOTU fighting game is a no-brainer!

I am sooo pumped for this (even if it sounds like it's still another calendar year away). First guess based on art shown from Captain Obvious here... something bad happens to King Randor and Adam finally becomes king (seeing as season one saw Teela fulfilling her destiny to become Sorceress, it stands to reason another chapter in this universe would finally see a King Adam come into being).

I'm not expecting She-Ra to be in this, but I am expecting some major Horde involvement (I still feel burned by MYP, so no Snake Men until a third series, plz... let the Horde out to play first!).

Fingers crossed for Zodac this time around.

Do we think the New Eternia designs will play into this show? Or is Mattel sort of filling the gaps between Netflix animated series Masterverse figures by filling the void with this somewhat rando New Eternia stuff?

P.S. note to Mattel in advance: get He-Man and Skeletor's faces (or lack thereof) right on the first Revolution figures, please. And tone down He-Man's nuclear colored skin. That is all, thanks!
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    A Metrovania with swappable playable characters and Evil Warriors as mini-bosses and bosses

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    I'm still surprised we didn't get a third Injustice game with MOTU characters in it after the did the Injustice / MOTU DC Comics crossover.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! I'm so excited! Revolution? Maybe war against the Horde?

At least my expectations can't be subverted this time.

I was hoping they'd go with someone other than Smith. Oh well...

I'm honestly more excited for the additional Masterverse figures this'll create than the show itself.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    At least my expectations can't be subverted this time.

It's weird that they brought this show back. Nobody even told these guys they didn't make it to the right top 10 list, yeesh!

I'm just happy that I called that title month's ago , voodoo magic, tell your son to contact me about royalties etc

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Revelation was focused pretty heavily on He-Man and Skeletor, so this time I'd like to see Randor and Marlena get some much needed screen time.

Also, I am really hoping for some more background and world-building with Andra. She was a pivotal character in the first series and I would love to see more of her... especially now that she is Man-At-Arms and she essentially replaces Teela on the "away team" missions (since Teela is busy Sorceressing.)

Lots to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Revelation was focused pretty heavily on He-Man and Skeletor, so this time I'd like to see Randor and Marlena get some much needed screen time.

Also, I am really hoping for some more background and world-building with Andra. She was a pivotal character in the first series and I would love to see more of her... especially now that she is Man-At-Arms and she essentially replaces Teela on the "away team" missions (since Teela is busy Sorceressing.)

Lots to look forward to!
    That has to be a troll post that lad , did we watch the same show there's 5000 posts saying how there wasnt enough he man or skeletor , don't start another 6 months of it

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    She was a pivotal character in the first series
    'Pivotal', rofl, after the first five episodes she was pretty much needless.

He-Man historian
    YESSSS!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 5 EPISODES OF MOTU: REVOLUTION!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biaselli
    "This is to Revelation as Azkaban is to Chamber of Secrets. It's it's own plot, but the characters and story continue"

VERY EXCITED!!!

I doubt it will be within this year. But hopefully mid-2023...? Or by the end of 2023.
    Last edited by Jukka; June 9, 2022 at 04:05am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Anybody know why it's only 5 episodes? I'm wondering if it has to do with Netflix's budget cuts in animation. Meaning, if Mattel/Netflix previously went 50/50, either Mattel is fully funding now or there is less money for a longer season.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Perhaps they are still making 10 episodes again, but calling the back half something else? It does not make sense financially to produce only 5 episodes at one time. Costs never get reduced by exactly half or more when doing half the episodes, You save more on the cost per episode by producing more, generally speaking. I guess 5 is better than nothing if true.
    Agreed.

I believe that Netflix/Mattel will follow the same model as the first two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    That has to be a troll post that lad , did we watch the same show there's 5000 posts saying how there wasnt enough he man or skeletor , don't start another 6 months of it
    You mean the show where He-Man sacrificed himself to save the entire universe (causing a dystopic change and a group of adventurers -including He-Man/Adam to right the wrongs) and Skeletor finally achieving ultimate power? (Only to lose it due to his hubris as he had so often in the past?) The same show where He-Man and Skeletor work together to face an even bigger threat of their own making? Yep, that's the one.

Just because 5000 people are jumping off of a bridge doesn't mean you have to follow them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    'Pivotal', rofl, after the first five episodes she was pretty much needless.
    ... just like those darn car keys. After they start the engine, they're pretty much needless

Yes, Andra was pivotal:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3978869

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3979611

I also belive we will have 10 episodes. What Smith said seems that he has finished working the script for episode 5,but don't say it's the last one. I think the most logical thing is to wait another 5+5 season. I have mixed feelings about 1st season but I'm a bit hyped again.

You mean the show where He-Man sacrificed himself to save the entire universe (causing a dystopic change and a group of adventurers -including He-Man/Adam to right the wrongs) and Skeletor finally achieving ultimate power? (Only to lose it due to his hubris as he had so often in the past?) The same show where He-Man and Skeletor work together to face an even bigger threat of their own making? Yep, that's the one.

Just because 5000 people are jumping off of a bridge doesn't mean you have to follow them!

I've. Said all along I loved it , it was a teela show and it was fantastic. You're Just a born contrarian , I'm onto ya

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; June 9, 2022 at 07:46pm.

... just like those darn car keys. After they start the engine, they're pretty much needless

Yes, Andra was pivotal:

Clearly you don't know what pivotal means if you thought Andra was pivotal.

Heroic Warrior
    Q: Will She-Ra be in this series?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli confirmed that She-Ra will not appear in this series, as this character’s rights are separate from Masters of the Universe and controlled by Dreamworks.
    What annoys me is that they're never going to define "this character" for us. Would it be a crime under IP law for MotU: Revolution to reveal that Randor and Marlena had a daughter named Barbara who Hordak carried off and renamed Despara to raise as his own? What if He-Man pulled the Power Sword in half and gave his long-lost sister half to wield and purify herself like the Power Tour She-Ra story but she used a different "Champion" name?

Heroic Warrior
    Hahaha! Really?!?

You are going the "any other existing character" route?

Okay, let me play too... Ripley saving Newt and killing the Queen Alien? That could have been done by any other existing marine! Dutch killing the Predator and escaping the blast zone? That could have been done by any other existing Spec Ops member! Tony Stark getting the gauntlet and snapping everyone back into existence? That could have been done by any other existing superhero!

Read my previous linked posts for an answer as to why this doesn't work.

And, my point is that it's NOT an existing character, it was Andra. Because it's Andra, that makes her role pivotal.

Also, starting the ENTIRE quest, forging the two halves of the power sword, and saving the King of Eternos are superficial plot points?

It's amazing how far you guys will go to show everyone how much you hate something... if you don't like the character, fine. But don't pretend that her role was not an important one just because you want to diminish her contributions to the story.

I'll post this here again in case you missed it:

Pivotal - adj. of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

Now, think about Andra and her role while this definition soaks in.
    I agree, Andra is a vitally important character. She serves as a moral foil to Teela in Eternia after Adam's sacrifice. Andra is the one, through her optimism and moral compass, who guides Teela towards decisions that lead up to returning magic to Eternia and Adam from Preternia. There's no singular character who is THE HERO. There are many who contribute to the prevailing of good over evil. Andra isn't the most important character but no one character is or should be.

Further, Andra's role as a character of hope and good heartedness is used to accentuate the notion of balance and harmony. She or Teela alone couldn't achieve what they have together, just like how He-Man never simply saved the day alone in the Filmation cartoon or other iterations like the 2002 MYP cartoon.

I find it interesting that a lot of people interpret how Adam and He-Man are used in Revelation as a slight on the character and that it undermines his importance. I disagree. Revelation uses absence to highlight HOW VERY important Adam and He-Man are by showing that Adam is an agent of calmness for those around him and He-Man is obviously a champion of hope for the people of Eternia.

It's Adam who cuts the tension when Cringer is in danger of suffocating in Orko's miscast bubble. It's Adam who reassures Teela that she never had to prove anything to him when she shows her deep seated insecurity as an orphan girl who finally gets to show everyone that she's Man-At-Arms material.

When He-Man is lost, the unity of the world is dissolved and even the Masters seem to have largely gone their own way. How else could the Cult of Motherboard rise to prominence? It wasn't He-Man's punching power that was absent, it was his inspiration.

Adam/He-Man's power isn't simplistic, amounting to being a physical juggernaut that so many people boil the character down to. His true power is in moral strength and the ability to inspire others, near and far. Adam lacks an unhealthy ego and doesn't have the insecurities that others possess. This is shown when it is said that in the history of Preternia, he is the only Champion who did not choose to spend the eternity of afterlife in his "powered up form". He chose his "lesser" form. He chose his TRUE form. Look at how the other past Champions tease him, calling him "Flea-Man". He takes it in stride, never letting it bother him because he knows how others view him isn't important. He has strength of character, which Teela lacked when she abandoned Eternos and the position of Man-At-Arms.

Revelation isn't a perfect piece of fiction but it's not incompetently written. It tackles narrative themes and subtext that should be appreciated by people who want MotU to not simply be viewed as a childish toy brand that can't be elevated to some degree. It seems ironic that the people who hate Revelation are the same people who would bristle at the suggestion that MotU is just silly nonsense for kids in the 1980s. Like it or not, Revelation is an attempt at making a MotU story outside of the confines of network TV programming for kids.