Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Start at 1:00:20

Masters of the Universe: Revolution is described as the next epic chapter in the battle for Eternia. It is a standalone story that takes place after the events in Revelation. Masters of the Universe: Revolution is an all-new story that brings the focus to He-Man vs. Skeletor “like you’ve never seen them before,” per Netflix. It’s technology versus magic as He-Man and the heroic warriors face the forces of Skeletor and a deadly threat to the Planet.
    Read more on Deadline

--------------------

Kevin Smith Tweet

--------------------

NEW MINI SERIES IS COMING!

Masters of the Universe: REVOLUTION

Picks up where the Revelation series left off.

--------------------

Mod Note:

Additional He-Man.Org Rules and Guidelines for Masters of the Universe Revolution Cartoon Thread - Please Read!

There has been a lot of discussion on where specific topics to be discussed land within this thread. This forum is intended to be all-ages and more light-hearted in spirit and is not to be dragged down into the typical debates about sex, politics, race and religion we see online often leading to anger and hurt feelings. Those topics can still be discussed, however they will be discussed in the Tar Swamp where there is a more open, adult platform for those topics.
    To help keep the forums fun and friendly, the admins and moderators have conversed and decided guidelines on what can and can’t be discussed in this thread and what will be referred to the Tar Swamp.

What can be discussed:
    • The specific reasons why we enjoy the show
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike the show
    • Reasons why we like/enjoy specific characters
    • Constructive reasons why we dislike characters
    • Relationships between characters (all inclusive and diversity - heterosexual, homosexual, pan, etc.) that are clearly defined in the cartoon

Topics for the Tar Swamp:
    • Debates about sex, politics and religion
    • Debates about race (discussion on race swapping of characters is allowed, but must not be political in nature)
    • Debates about morality and any sexually related topic, or any politics associated with sexuality
    • Speculation about a character’s sexuality
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 8, 2022 at 08:05pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Heck yeah!!! Consider me excited!

revolution.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! I'm so excited! Revolution? Maybe war against the Horde?

At least my expectations can't be subverted this time.

I was hoping they'd go with someone other than Smith. Oh well...

I'm honestly more excited for the additional Masterverse figures this'll create than the show itself.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    At least my expectations can't be subverted this time.

It's weird that they brought this show back. Nobody even told these guys they didn't make it to the right top 10 list, yeesh!

Quote Originally Posted by PocketEpiphany View Post
    It's weird that they brought this show back. Nobody even told these guys they didn't make it to the right top 10 list, yeesh!
    I know!

But...new title = new thread? Can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I was hoping they'd go with someone other than Smith. Oh well...

I'm honestly more excited for the additional Masterverse figures this'll create than the show itself.
    More toys would definitely be cool!

YES!! How awesome is this?!?

This just made my day!

I gather two things from the announcement:

1. All of the Revelation-haters only helped spread the news about the show as it gained more views.

2. Mattel/Netflix/Smith & Co. stuck to their guns and will seem to keep with their vision of MOTU.

Now... more toys and a competent video game for goodness sake!!!!

...also, more seasons of CGI MOTU please.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely need video games. A MOTU fighting game is a no-brainer!

I am sooo pumped for this (even if it sounds like it's still another calendar year away). First guess based on art shown from Captain Obvious here... something bad happens to King Randor and Adam finally becomes king (seeing as season one saw Teela fulfilling her destiny to become Sorceress, it stands to reason another chapter in this universe would finally see a King Adam come into being).

I'm not expecting She-Ra to be in this, but I am expecting some major Horde involvement (I still feel burned by MYP, so no Snake Men until a third series, plz... let the Horde out to play first!).

Fingers crossed for Zodac this time around.

Do we think the New Eternia designs will play into this show? Or is Mattel sort of filling the gaps between Netflix animated series Masterverse figures by filling the void with this somewhat rando New Eternia stuff?

P.S. note to Mattel in advance: get He-Man and Skeletor's faces (or lack thereof) right on the first Revolution figures, please. And tone down He-Man's nuclear colored skin. That is all, thanks!
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by PocketEpiphany View Post
    Yes, it was a flop and Netflix renewed it just for charity. Now Netflix is kind and not cruel to things that don't work,sure sure .

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

I am sooo pumped for this (even if it sounds like it's still another calendar year away). First guess based on art shown from Captain Obvious here... something bad happens to King Randor and Adam finally becomes king (seeing as season one saw Teela fulfilling her destiny to become Sorceress, it stands to reason another chapter in this universe would finally see a King Adam come into being).

I'm not expecting She-Ra to be in this, but I am expecting some major Horde involvement (I still feel burned by MYP, so no Snake Men until a third series, plz... let the Horde out to play first!).

Yeah, I can definitely do without the Snakemen for now... (especially because CGI has that angle covered.)

Maybe Motherboard is the entity responsible for Skeletor's techno-organic look from New Adventures?

King He-Man has to pursue the Horde to their home world by way of the Tri-Solar System??

Edit: I'm gonna call it now... Revolution ends with Dare being born.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Very glad to see this news and looking forward to watching the show!
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: Zodak (200X style), King Grayskull (Revelation style), He-Man 2.0 (or 200X King Grayskull), Tung Lashor, Rattlor, She-Ra 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, I can definitely do without the Snakemen for now... (especially because CGI has that angle covered.)

Maybe Motherboard is the entity responsible for Skeletor's techno-organic look from New Adventures?

King He-Man has to pursue the Horde to their home world by way of the Tri-Solar System??

Edit: I'm gonna call it now... Revolution ends with Dare being born.
    If they can get some New Adventures type of stuff sprinkled in here, that would be pretty amazing!
    As for Dare... eh... I personally wouldn't be jazzed about it, but that seems like the OTHER next logical step in this universe in order to push things ahead.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

I am really excited. Yes, Revelation had some issues. But I can easily over look those to appreciate what we got. I am very excited for this! They are stressing this is mostly about He-Man and Skeletor, so that might ease some of the issues of the first season. But I really hope we see figures in animated form that were never in any of the previous series before. We know the Evil Horde is coming, so I'm hoping for Dragstor and Mosquitor (although a female version of Mosquitor is in the CGI show). Maybe Mantisaur as well. But I'd love to see Snout Spout, Extendar, Rio Blast, and Ninjor. It's got to be possible.

But I also hope for the same cast back.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post

Do we think the New Eternia designs will play into this show? Or is Mattel sort of filling the gaps between Netflix animated series Masterverse figures by filling the void with this somewhat rando New Eternia stuff?

P.S. note to Mattel in advance: get He-Man and Skeletor's faces (or lack thereof) right on the first Revolution figures, please. And tone down He-Man's nuclear colored skin. That is all, thanks!
    I'm thinking we get Zodak over Zodac. Maybe we'll get both! Team up to fight the Horde!

Really excited!

So, after this we’ll get:
    Reverberation
    Revisualization
    Revitalization
    Revivification
    Revaccination

…I could go on but, I’ll stop torturing you 🤣

Heroic Warrior
    This is gonna be an awfully long wait!

Congrats to everyone involved. It was a labor of love and you deserve the chance to continue!
    MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD!

My kids and I probably called the first season "Revolution" half the time anyways...

I am glad we are getting more episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Absolutely need video games. A MOTU fighting game is a no-brainer!
    A Metrovania with swappable playable characters and Evil Warriors as mini-bosses and bosses

This is absolutely awesome and fabulous! I can't wait to see MOTU Revolution!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

So it's a revolution, a revolt, against Randor, from that picture?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Really excited!

So, after this we’ll get:
    Reverberation
    Revisualization
    Revitalization
    Revivification
    Revaccination

…I could go on but, I’ll stop torturing you 🤣
    I want reverberation