Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Glad to be getting some more He-man. Here's hoping they took to heart some of the valid criticism and don't try to subvert expectations even more and fall further into the pitfalls of many modern reboots. A show more like the first Revelation trailer would be awesome.

And doubt we'd get it, but I'd love some contained single-story episodes with one larger story element overall through the season. Similar to MYP structure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    A Metrovania with swappable playable characters and Evil Warriors as mini-bosses and bosses
    Day One purchase!!! Would LOVE that!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm glad I can at least continue calling the series "rev" for now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    So it's a revolution, a revolt, against Randor, from that picture?

- - - Updated - - -

I want reverberation
    I view it as a revolution against Randor by the Horde as they will succeed in ruling Eternia for a time, with Adam ultimately becoming king

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Glad to be getting some more He-man. Here's hoping they took to heart some of the valid criticism and don't try to subvert expectations even more and fall further into the pitfalls of many modern reboots. A show more like the first Revelation trailer would be awesome.

And doubt we'd get it, but I'd love some contained single-story episodes with one larger story element overall through the season. Similar to MYP structure.
    Honestly wondering if this is why there was so much radio silence after Rev was over: the team was retooling their approach. Also wonder if this was paid for in advance like CGI.

Day One purchase!!! Would LOVE that!
    Yep! All the levels are different locations on Eternia all connected on a giant map.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    Honestly wondering if this is why there was so much radio silence after Rev was over: the team was retooling their approach. Also wonder if this was paid for in advance like CGI.
    They will always take its time for a sequel. Also, I don't think they planned so much about the sequel when they ended Revelations.

That said, it's clear that the poster and synopsis want to imply that Revolution will focus on He-Man and Skeletor. I suspect this decision was likely influenced by Revelations criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
    That said, it's clear that the poster and synopsis want to imply that Revolution will focus on He-Man and Skeletor. I suspect this decision was likely influenced by Revelations criticism.
    I noticed the Ms Smith specifically mentioned He-Man and Skeletor and only He-Man and Skeletor by name.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I guess they saw how terribly some folks reacted to uhhhh *checks notes* giving a focused arc to literally any other character and decided continuing to give needed development to lesser known characters wasn't worth it.

Jokes aside though, I do hope they aren't just focusing their bugfixes on the he man and skeletor focus. Revelation had some severe writing flaws like pacing issues and prioritizing stakes/intensity over characters/writing. I'm sure Revelution would be great if they just fixed those two things alone.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Jokes aside though, I do hope they aren't just focusing their bugfixes on the he man and skeletor focus. Revelation had some severe writing flaws like pacing issues and prioritizing stakes/intensity over characters/writing. I'm sure Revelution would be great if they just fixed those two things alone.
    I made a thread recently about how the rules of magic have no consistency, particulatly vis-a-vis the Power Sword (what would happen if Stinkor held it aloft and said the magic words? Or a Heroic Warrior?), but there's also how a woman becomes a Sorceress of Grayskull and Teela can break all those rules because ???
    Oh, and inevitably Evil-Lyn is going to return and there will be no consequences for nuking Heaven.
    Deprioritizing characters/writing/worldbuilding is right.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Absolutely need video games. A MOTU fighting game is a no-brainer!
    I'm still surprised we didn't get a third Injustice game with MOTU characters in it after the did the Injustice / MOTU DC Comics crossover.

Heroic Warrior
    As someone who was very much opposed to Revelation for the most part (though it did get better) I appreciate Kevin and the fans getting a second chance to tell more of their story. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we get more equal gender focus.

I want reverberation
    It’ll be a rockin’ good time in Eternia!

I'm just happy that I called that title month's ago , voodoo magic, tell your son to contact me about royalties etc

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Revelation was focused pretty heavily on He-Man and Skeletor, so this time I'd like to see Randor and Marlena get some much needed screen time.

Also, I am really hoping for some more background and world-building with Andra. She was a pivotal character in the first series and I would love to see more of her... especially now that she is Man-At-Arms and she essentially replaces Teela on the "away team" missions (since Teela is busy Sorceressing.)

Lots to look forward to!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Revelation was focused pretty heavily on He-Man and Skeletor, so this time I'd like to see Randor and Marlena get some much needed screen time.

Also, I am really hoping for some more background and world-building with Andra. She was a pivotal character in the first series and I would love to see more of her... especially now that she is Man-At-Arms and she essentially replaces Teela on the "away team" missions (since Teela is busy Sorceressing.)

Lots to look forward to!
    That has to be a troll post that lad , did we watch the same show there's 5000 posts saying how there wasnt enough he man or skeletor , don't start another 6 months of it

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    She was a pivotal character in the first series
    'Pivotal', rofl, after the first five episodes she was pretty much needless.

He-Man historian
    YESSSS!!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 5 EPISODES OF MOTU: REVOLUTION!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Biaselli
    "This is to Revelation as Azkaban is to Chamber of Secrets. It's it's own plot, but the characters and story continue"

VERY EXCITED!!!

I doubt it will be within this year. But hopefully mid-2023...? Or by the end of 2023.
    Last edited by Jukka; June 9, 2022 at 04:05am.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Anybody know why it's only 5 episodes? I'm wondering if it has to do with Netflix's budget cuts in animation. Meaning, if Mattel/Netflix previously went 50/50, either Mattel is fully funding now or there is less money for a longer season.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Anybody know why it's only 5 episodes? I'm wondering if it has to do with Netflix's budget cuts in animation. Meaning, if Mattel/Netflix previously went 50/50, either Mattel is fully funding now or there is less money for a longer season.
    Is it confirmed that Revolution will be only 5 episodes? That would be pretty little time to handle a conflict if they introduce the Horde.
    Last edited by Konja9; June 9, 2022 at 04:58am.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
    Is it confirmed that Revolution will be only 5 episodes? That would be pretty little time to hqndle a conflict if they introduce the Horde.
    Somebody on FB reported it. I inquired since Smith said he submitted script 5, but didn't say it was only 5 episodes. The person produced a screenshot of a post saying it was a 5 ep mini-series, but without the author. He said Ted B. from Netflix posted it.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

I'm thinking we get Zodak over Zodac. Maybe we'll get both! Team up to fight the Horde!
    Seeing a group of cosmic enforcers in animated form would be (insert chef's kiss emoji here).

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    This will not happen. This is not how shows are made anymore. Even the CGI show does not do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Somebody on FB reported it. I inquired since Smith said he submitted script 5, but didn't say it was only 5 episodes. The person produced a screenshot of a post saying it was a 5 ep mini-series, but without the author. He said Ted B. from Netflix posted it.
    Perhaps they are still making 10 episodes again, but calling the back half something else? It does not make sense financially to produce only 5 episodes at one time. Costs never get reduced by exactly half or more when doing half the episodes, You save more on the cost per episode by producing more, generally speaking. I guess 5 is better than nothing if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Perhaps they are still making 10 episodes again, but calling the back half something else? It does not make sense financially to produce only 5 episodes at one time. Costs never get reduced by exactly half or more when doing half the episodes, You save more on the cost per episode by producing more, generally speaking. I guess 5 is better than nothing if true.
    Agreed, plus there's simply way too much story here to be able to pack it all into a measly 5 episodes.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Maybe they are Stranger Things Season 4 length episodes?

Guess Randor gets iced. They sure like killing folks in this series.

Moss Man
    He-man
    Skeletor
    Orko
    Sorceress
    Fisto
    Clamp Champ
    Beastman (maybe)
    and lots of poor Eternos citizens.

I just hope the writing is more solid. When each ep is penned by different writers, there is bound to be some unevenness if they don’t compare notes thoroughly. Evil-lyn felt a bit schizophrenic during Revelation. And hopefully with the mantle of the Sorceress comes wisdom, and Teela isn’t so bratty/self-centered.

Evil-lyn felt a bit schizophrenic during Revelation.
    You'd be schizzo too if your parents tried to eat you.