Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Really pleased to have it officially confirmed that we are getting more Episodes, Netflix can be pretty brutal with the axe and it's never a guarantee with them that a story will get a conclusion.

Now give me Hordak/Horde galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Perhaps they are still making 10 episodes again, but calling the back half something else? It does not make sense financially to produce only 5 episodes at one time. Costs never get reduced by exactly half or more when doing half the episodes, You save more on the cost per episode by producing more, generally speaking. I guess 5 is better than nothing if true.
    Agreed.

I believe that Netflix/Mattel will follow the same model as the first two-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    That has to be a troll post that lad , did we watch the same show there's 5000 posts saying how there wasnt enough he man or skeletor , don't start another 6 months of it
    You mean the show where He-Man sacrificed himself to save the entire universe (causing a dystopic change and a group of adventurers -including He-Man/Adam to right the wrongs) and Skeletor finally achieving ultimate power? (Only to lose it due to his hubris as he had so often in the past?) The same show where He-Man and Skeletor work together to face an even bigger threat of their own making? Yep, that's the one.

Just because 5000 people are jumping off of a bridge doesn't mean you have to follow them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    'Pivotal', rofl, after the first five episodes she was pretty much needless.
    ... just like those darn car keys. After they start the engine, they're pretty much needless

Yes, Andra was pivotal:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3978869

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3979611
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I also belive we will have 10 episodes. What Smith said seems that he has finished working the script for episode 5,but don't say it's the last one. I think the most logical thing is to wait another 5+5 season. I have mixed feelings about 1st season but I'm a bit hyped again.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I gathered all the information I could find regarding the new series and compiled into a list. If I missed anything let me know!

10 THINGS we’ve learned so far about ”Masters of the Universe: Revolution”
    https://foreternia.com/2022/06/10-th...olution-so-far

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PocketEpiphany View Post
    It's weird that they brought this show back. Nobody even told these guys they didn't make it to the right top 10 list, yeesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Yes, it was a flop and Netflix renewed it just for charity. Now Netflix is kind and not cruel to things that don't work,sure sure .
    It is tempting isn't it, to share old posts where we were told the series was a failure, a flop, that we were clueless, naive. I was even told I was drinking the kool-aid believing there would be another season even. Sigh.

I'm personally going to try at least to take the high-road like He-Man. But it certainly is tempting to be a Skeletor here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I'm just happy that I called that title month's ago , voodoo magic, tell your son to contact me about royalties etc

My Kev is a good boy, so you just leave him alone! I will pay you myself with my famous gingerbread cookies!
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Perhaps they are still making 10 episodes again, but calling the back half something else? It does not make sense financially to produce only 5 episodes at one time. Costs never get reduced by exactly half or more when doing half the episodes, You save more on the cost per episode by producing more, generally speaking. I guess 5 is better than nothing if true.
    You have a point. Here's what was shared, but unfortunately, the original author (said to be Ted) was not included.

286446712_10228128778228482_6272979978867955786_n.jpg

"I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    You have a point. Here's what was shared, but unfortunately, the original author (said to be Ted) was not included.

286446712_10228128778228482_6272979978867955786_n.jpg

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1654805820
    In a way, Masters of the Universe: Revelation felt like two seasons (even advertised as such in some areas). You have the first half... the fellowship... the quest... a new Eternia if you will... the journey to save magic. ... then the second half where it's Skeletor ruling Eternia (at first) and how good overcomes the odds to vanquish the evil.

So I wouldn't be surprised if shortly after Revolution, we were surprised with a new series announcement shortly after. Motu: Redemption or what have you.
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Personally i don't think splitting up the season is a good idea. I don't think it was a good idea last time either. Especially when they ended episode 5 making people think that Adam had died a second time and then had to wait month to find out he was just wounded. I think that was half of what caused the backlash. Just Saying.

Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Personally i don't think splitting up the season is a good idea. I don't think it was a good idea last time either. Especially when they ended episode 5 making people think that Adam had died a second time and then had to wait month to find out he was just wounded. I think that was half of what caused the backlash. Just Saying.
    I do very much agree. The way to avoid all that is to make it feel more self-contained at each 5 episode increment. More concluded less cliffhanger. Get that end of Revelation episode 10 feeling at episode 15, and again at episode 20 (when adding them all up).
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

You mean the show where He-Man sacrificed himself to save the entire universe (causing a dystopic change and a group of adventurers -including He-Man/Adam to right the wrongs) and Skeletor finally achieving ultimate power? (Only to lose it due to his hubris as he had so often in the past?) The same show where He-Man and Skeletor work together to face an even bigger threat of their own making? Yep, that's the one.

Just because 5000 people are jumping off of a bridge doesn't mean you have to follow them!

I've. Said all along I loved it , it was a teela show and it was fantastic. You're Just a born contrarian , I'm onto ya

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davelove81; June 9, 2022 at 07:46pm.

I'm extremely happy we are getting another season but I hope it is more than just 5 episodes. Unless the episodes are an hour long? That would be cool
    I felt like the first season needed more episodes so I really hope season 2 has more than 5.
    I tweeted Kevin Smith and said I can't wait to watch the second season and I hope She-Ra is included and he likes my Tweet.
    It probably means nothing but I hope he is hinting thay she will be included.
    It would be amazing to see the Twins of Power together again especially in this show coz I love the animation and designs and the adult storylines.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by Xena-She-Ra View Post
    I'm extremely happy we are getting another season but I hope it is more than just 5 episodes. Unless the episodes are an hour long? That would be cool
    I felt like the first season needed more episodes so I really hope season 2 has more than 5.
    I tweeted Kevin Smith and said I can't wait to watch the second season and I hope She-Ra is included and he likes my Tweet.
    It probably means nothing but I hope he is hinting thay she will be included.
    It would be amazing to see the Twins of Power together again especially in this show coz I love the animation and designs and the adult storylines.
    I still feel there's a strong chance despara could lead the horde invasion , even if we don't get the official " Adora" reveal . And in a world where we've seen Motu cross over with DC , thundrcats, sun man and other version's of itself, it can't be TOO difficult to get a proper, non DreamWorks Motu/pop crossover can it'?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

... just like those darn car keys. After they start the engine, they're pretty much needless

Yes, Andra was pivotal:

Clearly you don't know what pivotal means if you thought Andra was pivotal.

More MOTU coming. Period. Full stop.

I'm thrilled at the announcement of MOTU: Revolution!!! Can't wait to see where the story goes next, and it seems like most of what we'll get will be fairly new ground given where things ended with Revelation. There's a new Sorceress in town who isn't tethered to Grayskull, along with a new dynamic between He-Man and Teela. And it's now a known thing that Adam is He-Man, right? His parents know, Skeletor and those who were around him knew, etc. Orko's grown up a lot. Duncan is retired, and we have a new Andra-at-Arms in his place. Plus Skeletor is potentially infected by some tech virus thing, and Motherboard / The Horde is in play.

What an exciting time to be a MOTU fan.

Which begs the question as to why some fans are so out to trash the show? For example, I really don't like the CGI show, but I'm such a MOTU fan that I watched it, shared it with my kids, and then moved on.

Bottom line is we're living in a time where we're getting more MOTU with no clear end in sight. We have two different animated shows that are ongoing, and a live action film in the works. (Again, yes, but it's in the works nevertheless). Most importantly, we've got three lines of full-sized action figures in active production. I absolutely love Masterverse, and grabbed a couple of Origins too. Mattel can't say that there's ever been more MOTU toys being actively produced in any time in history. And we live in a day and age where, if you have the resources, it's relatively easy to track down and buy out of production toys, whether its vintage MOTU, New Adventures MOTU, 200X MOTU, or MOTU Classics.

So the frustrated fans who go beyond just offering reasonable critique and try to invalidate the quality or worth of any MOTU series just doesn't make sense to me. Forest for the trees. What I heard announced yesterday was, "There's more MOTU in the works." Period. Full stop. Good times.

Remember when there was absolutely zero MOTU toys or animated shows in the works? Yeah...let's not go back to that.

On a related note, I just started posting individual pics of my weirdo Masterverse (& Beyond) science-fantasy themed toy collection on my Instagram. None of this would've started if it wasn't for MOTU: Revelation. So I'm one of those who was inspired to start collecting action figures again (after a 25 year break) thanks to Masterverse & Revelation. It's also got me finally speaking up on He-Man.org instead of lurking, and joining MOTU groups on Facebook. So Mattel's doing something right. Would love any He-Man.org folx to stop in and check it out. I'm @Incarbonite on IG. Peace.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    ```` ```` ```` ````
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Check out my MOTU+ Toy Shelf on IG @incarbonite !!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I own my power. Every part of it.
    My strength... My hope... Even my fear.
    And you can't have any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bricksomething View Post
    I'm thrilled at the announcement of MOTU: Revolution!!! Can't wait to see where the story goes next, and it seems like most of what we'll get will be fairly new ground given where things ended with Revelation. There's a new Sorceress in town who isn't tethered to Grayskull, along with a new dynamic between He-Man and Teela. And it's now a known thing that Adam is He-Man, right? His parents know, Skeletor and those who were around him knew, etc. Orko's grown up a lot. Duncan is retired, and we have a new Andra-at-Arms in his place. Plus Skeletor is potentially infected by some tech virus thing, and Motherboard / The Horde is in play.

Which begs the question as to why some fans are so out to trash the show? For example, I really don't like the CGI show, but I'm such a MOTU fan that I watched it, shared it with my kids, and then moved on.

Bottom line is we're living in a time where we're getting more MOTU with no clear end in sight. We have two different animated shows that are ongoing, and a live action film in the works. (Again, yes, but it's in the works nevertheless). Most importantly, we've got three lines of full-sized action figures in active production. I absolutely love Masterverse, and grabbed a couple of Origins too. Mattel can't say that there's ever been more MOTU toys being actively produced in any time in history. And we live in a day and age where, if you have the resources, it's relatively easy to track down and buy out of production toys, whether its vintage MOTU, New Adventures MOTU, 200X MOTU, or MOTU Classics.

So the frustrated fans who go beyond just offering reasonable critique and try to invalidate the quality or worth of any MOTU series just doesn't make sense to me. Forest for the trees. What I heard announced yesterday was, "There's more MOTU in the works." Period. Full stop. Good times.

Remember when there was absolutely zero MOTU toys or animated shows in the works? Yeah...let's not go back to that.

On a related note, I just started posting individual pics of my weirdo Masterverse (& Beyond) science-fantasy themed toy collection on my Instagram. None of this would've started if it wasn't for MOTU: Revelation. So I'm one of those who was inspired to start collecting action figures again (after a 25 year break) thanks to Masterverse & Revelation. It's also got me finally speaking up on He-Man.org instead of lurking, and joining MOTU groups on Facebook. So Mattel's doing something right. Would love any He-Man.org folx to stop in and check it out. I'm @Incarbonite on IG. Peace.
    I fully agree with everything you've said, although I do actually love the CGI series! 2
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I assume Mattel made enough of a profit on Revelation toy sales to financially back this .

I dont believe Netflix would have paid for more Revelations . Netflix has been on a warpath to recoup their losses and attract customers .

According to Ted Biaselli on Facebook, no She-Ra. They can't use her due to her entertainment rights being controlled by DreamWorks.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

What a great post! I agree with everything you said. A new MOTU series is to be celebrated, even if its not for you, it gives longevity to the brand, which is important.

Just followed you in IG!
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

According to Ted Biaselli on Facebook, no She-Ra. They can't use her due to her entertainment rights being controlled by DreamWorks.
    Aren't you a lawyer? Get in there and fix this. 😃
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I assume Mattel made enough of a profit on Revelation toy sales to financially back this .

I dont believe Netflix would have paid for more Revelations . Netflix has been on a warpath to recoup their losses and attract customers .
    Netflix slashed original animation and wanted to be more IP and commercially focused, and Motu definitely qualifies.

And yes Netflix financially backs this, which means they deem the costs justifiable based on Revelation's viewership, repeat viewership, related new subscribers and forward projections.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, alas, no suprise there.

- - - Updated - - -

*** Amen! ***
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

That sucks, but it's been an unfortunate reality for a while now. Boggles my mind that Mattel gave up control of entertainment rights of an iconic character that THEY CREATED. Very shortsighted on their part. Would be nice if they could work out a deal with Dreamworks or even buy back the rights outright, but the costs must be prohibitive or they would have done so already.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, the Dark Ages of MOTU, circa 1992 - 2002.

Never again.

This really comes as no surprise... It's going to be cool to see how they handle the Horde without the She-Ra angle.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Clearly you don't know what pivotal means if you thought Andra was pivotal.
    Hmmm, let's see....

Andra was the one who talked Teela into retrieving the glove (chalice).

Andra was the one who saved Roboto from the shadow demons in subternia.

Andra was the one who thought of using the tower as a forge.

Andra was also the one who suspected Evil-Lyn early on.

Oh, and it's Andra who saves King Randor and becomes the NEW Man-At-Arms.

...yes, clearly not pivotal, lol.

And, just in case you need it:

Pivotal - adj. of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

Imagine the turn of events had Andra not been there.
    Last edited by Ornclown; June 10, 2022 at 11:28am.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Ornclown, I love you man.

So hyped for a second season. Wish it was 10 episodes again. Can't wait!
    MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD!

Hmmm, let's see....

Andra was the one who talked Teela into retrieving the glove (chalice).

Andra was the one who saved Roboto from the shadow demons in subternia.

Andra was the one who thought of using the tower as a forge.

Andra was also the one who suspected Evil-Lyn early on.

Oh, and it's Andra who saves King Randor and becomes the NEW Man-At-Arms.

...yes, clearly not pivotal, lol.

And, just in case you need it:

Pivotal - adj. of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

Imagine the turn of events had Andra not been there.
    I love how you point out very superficial plot points that could have easily gone to any other existing character. If Andra had not been there someone else that was already there would have figured it out. None of those plot points specifically required Andra to be there over any other existing character. But, thanks for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I love how you point out very superficial plot points that could have easily gone to any other existing character. If Andra had not been there someone else that was already there would have figured it out. None of those plot points specifically required Andra to be there over any other existing character. But, thanks for proving my point.
    I think the word he was looking for was "shoe-horn".

FAQ Sheet

Here are some frequently asked questions about the new Masters of the Universe: Revolution series coming to Netflix!

Q: Will She-Ra be in this series?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli confirmed that She-Ra will not appear in this series, as this character’s rights are separate from Masters of the Universe and controlled by Dreamworks.

Q: Where will this show be made available? Will it be available on DVD/Blue-Ray?
    A: This is a Netflix original series. It will be available exclusively on Netflix.com. Netflix does release some of its shows on DVD/Blue-Ray. No DVD/Blue-Ray release has been announced yet.

Q: Is there an official synopsis for this series?
    A: Netflix has reportedly released this synopsis: “Masters of the Universe: Revolution is an all-new story that brings the focus to He-Man vs. Skeletor like you’ve never seen them before. It’s technology versus magic as He-Man and the heroic warriors face the forces of Skeletor and a deadly threat to the Planet in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: REVOLUTION – the next epic chapter in the battle for Eternia.“

Q: Which characters will this story focus on?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli said this series will focus on Skeletor Versus He-Man!

Q: Is this a new season of Revelation?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli said Revolution is a 5-episode limited series.

Q: How long is each episode?
    A: That info hasn’t been released yet.

Q: What is the release date?
    A: That info hasn’t been released yet.

Q: When does the Revolution story take place?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli said this story will pick up right where Revelation left off.

Q: Who are this show’s writers?
    A: According to his official Facebook account, Kevin Smith is one of the show’s writers. More info to come!

Q: What studio is animating this show?
    A: Powerhouse Animation, the same studio that animated the Revelation series.

Q: How far along is this new series in production?
    A: Kevin Smith said that he has seen the show’s first animatic. An animatic is “a preliminary version of a movie, produced by shooting successive sections of a storyboard and adding a soundtrack.” Kevin Smith also revealed that he has turned in the final draft of Episode 5.

Q: Who is voice acting in this series?
    A: No official cast list has been released. However, based on various social media posts it’s likely that Chris Woods (He-Man/Prince Adam), Mark Hamill (Skeletor), Griffan Newman (Orko), Tony Todd (Scareglow), and Tiffany Smith (Andra) will be returning!

Q: Where can I see trailers or screenshots for this new series?
    A: Trailers and screenshots have not been released yet.

Q: Have any of the voice actors recorded voicework yet for this show?
    A: Mark Hamill, Griffin Newman, and Tony Todd have already teased recording sessions for the anticipated new series?

Q: Will there be action figures and other toys for this series?
    A: Yes, some of the characters from this series are featured in Mattel's Masterverse toyline. You can order these figures here:
    https://www.entertainmentearth.com/.../masters-of.../t...
    And on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3tsnmmG
    Masterverse also features characters that don't appear in this series.

Q: Who are this show’s creators?
    A: Ted Biaselli, Kevin Smith, and Rob David are returning, with Christopher Keenan and Frederic Soulie, and Mattel Television producing.

Q: Where is the best place to discuss this new series?
    A: The “Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution, and Masterverse Fans” group on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/moturevelation/

Q: Where is the best place to find news about this new series?
    A: The “Masters of the Universe: Revelation & Revolution” page on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/netflixmoturevelation/
    Last edited by UsernameMDM; June 10, 2022 at 02:29pm.

Hmm, it appears some of my writing made it into that faq.
    - - - - -

ForEternia.com

- - - - -