Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe: Revolution (New Netflix Series)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Hmm, it appears some of my writing made it into that faq.
    Did you write the FAQ?

https://www.facebook.com/netflixmotu...76933633797800

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    All I am saying is I recognized some of my writing in some of that. Like the word placement, comas, structure below matches the article I wrote yesterday. I consciously made sure to write Ted first over Kevin, then grouped Christopher and Federic, and then rounded it up with Mattel Television at the end.

---

Last edited by Voodoo Magic; June 10, 2022 at 04:21pm.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    According to Ted Biaselli on Facebook, no She-Ra. They can't use her due to her entertainment rights being controlled by DreamWorks.
    I hope this is not true and he just said that to not spoil anything. I will still hold out some hope to see She-Ra in this new season.
    Xena Warrior Princess & She-Ra Fan from Down Under

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I love how you point out very superficial plot points that could have easily gone to any other existing character. If Andra had not been there someone else that was already there would have figured it out. None of those plot points specifically required Andra to be there over any other existing character. But, thanks for proving my point.
    Hahaha! Really?!?

You are going the "any other existing character" route?

Okay, let me play too... Ripley saving Newt and killing the Queen Alien? That could have been done by any other existing marine! Dutch killing the Predator and escaping the blast zone? That could have been done by any other existing Spec Ops member! Tony Stark getting the gauntlet and snapping everyone back into existence? That could have been done by any other existing superhero!

Read my previous linked posts for an answer as to why this doesn't work.

And, my point is that it's NOT an existing character, it was Andra. Because it's Andra, that makes her role pivotal.

Also, starting the ENTIRE quest, forging the two halves of the power sword, and saving the King of Eternos are superficial plot points?

It's amazing how far you guys will go to show everyone how much you hate something... if you don't like the character, fine. But don't pretend that her role was not an important one just because you want to diminish her contributions to the story.

I'll post this here again in case you missed it:

Pivotal - adj. of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

Now, think about Andra and her role while this definition soaks in.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

According to Ted Biaselli on Facebook, no She-Ra. They can't use her due to her entertainment rights being controlled by DreamWorks.
    It's time for Mattel and Dreamwork to get a deal for crossovers, it would be a win-win for both brands and companies and all will win.
    Come on if Spiderman is in the MCU everything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It's time for Mattel and Dreamwork to get a deal for crossovers, it would be a win-win for both brands and companies and all will win.
    It feels like Dreamworks is trying to severely distance She-Ra from the rest of the Masters of the Universe line for some reason. Why else wouldnít they strike this deal. Itís ridiculous.

Heroic Warrior
    Q: Will She-Ra be in this series?
    A: Executive producer Ted Biaselli confirmed that She-Ra will not appear in this series, as this characterís rights are separate from Masters of the Universe and controlled by Dreamworks.
    What annoys me is that they're never going to define "this character" for us. Would it be a crime under IP law for MotU: Revolution to reveal that Randor and Marlena had a daughter named Barbara who Hordak carried off and renamed Despara to raise as his own? What if He-Man pulled the Power Sword in half and gave his long-lost sister half to wield and purify herself like the Power Tour She-Ra story but she used a different "Champion" name?

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    It feels like Dreamworks is trying to severely distance She-Ra from the rest of the Masters of the Universe line for some reason. Why else wouldnít they strike this deal. Itís ridiculous.
    It might have something to do with Amazon Prime's live action She-Ra series that's currently in the works. Though, personally, I don't see why they can't do both.
    Looking for any loose Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It might have something to do with Amazon Prime's live action She-Ra series that's currently in the works. Though, personally, I don't see why they can't do both.
    You are probably right. It seems like they could do both since Iím sure the 2 shows will have nothing to do with each other or any common theme but, who knows. Iím really curious to see how Amazon approaches the series.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I would assume the crossover benefits for a MCU & Spider-Man appear more prominent because they are matching formats (live-action films) and provide a longterm continuity sandbox to play in with clear mutual gains in crossovers. And Marvel head Kevin Fiege involved with developing stories for both studios is quite a unique situation.

In comparison, a crossover must be a little harder to reconcile in He-Man & She-Ra's current state, when it's an animated series versus a live-action series, with likely different episode counts that results in a situation far from a balanced 1:1.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Official YouTube Channel
    News, Podcasts, Reviews, Unboxings and More

ForEternia.com
    News & Content on Masters of the Universe: Revelation, Revolution & More

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameMDM View Post
    I think the word he was looking for was "shoe-horn".

FAQ Sheet
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...VDs-are-coming!

There are only 5 to 10 episodes a season for this show and tons of MOTU characters that haven't been used or have been used very little, so bringing in She-Ra and POP after just 10 episodes seems a bit too quick, anyways.

If MOTU and POP are going to cross over in the current era, I would prefer an SPOP and CGI blend rather than Revelation...

I just think the character designs and world aesthetics match up better.

I would love a merge between any version of MOTU and POP in any form!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Court Magician
    There are only 5 to 10 episodes a season for this show and tons of MOTU characters that haven't been used or have been used very little, so bringing in She-Ra and POP after just 10 episodes seems a bit too quick, anyways.
    True. I've understand fans want to see She-Ra, but there isn't really enough time to introduce her if Revolution is only 5 episodes.

Dreamworks only had animated right, correct?

Then logical solution would be to make a comic based on Revelation or CGI continuity in which He-Man and She-Ra meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
    True. I've understand fans want to see She-Ra, but there isn't really enough time to introduce her if Revolution is only 5 episodes.
    Even 10 episodes wouldn't be enough to do the He-Man / She-Ra saga any justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Dreamworks only had animated right, correct?

Then logical solution would be to make a comic based on Revelation or CGI continuity in which He-Man and She-Ra meet.
    I think DreamWorks owns all tv and movie rights to both animated and live action She-Ra. I don't see Netflix as wanting to try to exploit any possible loopholes even if any exist either since they wouldn't want to anger any business partners.

I think we need to get over She Ra and He Man being used together again in live action or animation anytime soon. Thank Mattel for mishandling their IPs ... Or they are going to try and pull one over on us... But I doubt it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I think we need to get over She Ra and He Man being used together again in live action or animation anytime soon. Thank Mattel for mishandling their IPs ....
    Yes, but the question is, is it illegal for He-Man to have a biological sister at all? A sister he didn't grow up with because Hordak took her?

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Yes, but the question is, is it illegal for He-Man to have a biological sister at all? A sister he didn't grow up with because Hordak took her?
    I think that taking the shady way out like that should be out of the question but I suppose they could BUT the backlash from the She Ra fans would be completely justified.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Even 10 episodes wouldn't be enough to do the He-Man / She-Ra saga any justice.
    I totally agree. People tend to ignore that introducing She-Ra/Adora would take a lot of the time.

I prefer that time be used to focus on the characters they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
    I totally agree. People tend to ignore that introducing She-Ra/Adora would take a lot of the time.

I prefer that time be used to focus on the characters they already have.
    I wouldn't be opposed to the next season being Masters of the Universe: Reunion....
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to the next season being Masters of the Universe: Reunion....
    I like!

Since Kevin Smith is involved with this, I won't be watching it.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Beers View Post
    Since Kevin Smith is involved with this, I won't be watching it.
    Thanks for making us aware.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX