Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 469

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

  1. #376
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

    I haven't read it. I probably won't unless I get the figure. Is the same comic included with any other figures?

    If I did read it and it followed along with Revelation or Classics, I would just discard it from my own personal head canon.


    You can see it here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.
    No? He feels way too barebones underdressed without it. Mosquitor comes with energy piece, are you compelled to have him wear it constantly?

    You can either be canon purist in which case those are gifts from Goddess and they belong on him or you can interpret canon as you wish in which case you can take advantage of toy's customizability, it's literally why it's there.

  2. #377
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.
    You know the armour comes off, right?

  3. #378
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour?
    No.

  4. #379
    Heroic Warrior binkibonsai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The knee pins look too far out and there's fraying all over the figure in those photos. Hell, even the torso looks slightly discolored.

    I'm starting to think I was right and the mold *is* really giving out and these Wun-Dars are the mold's last hurrah before they retire it and cast a new one.

    Last edited by binkibonsai; July 5, 2022 at 04:28pm.

    Vote with your wallet.

    Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

  5. #380
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    He's not Wun-Dar without those things.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.

    https://battleramblog.com/savage-he-...universe-1983/

    https://youtu.be/d_pQm85Brt8

    https://youtu.be/ah4KAUdJV6Y


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #381
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.

    https://battleramblog.com/savage-he-...universe-1983/

    https://youtu.be/d_pQm85Brt8

    https://youtu.be/ah4KAUdJV6Y


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The he shouldn't be even named Wun-Dar because he has nothing to do with Wonder bread.

  7. #382
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The he shouldn't be even named Wun-Dar because he has nothing to do with Wonder bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.

    https://battleramblog.com/savage-he-...universe-1983/

    https://youtu.be/d_pQm85Brt8

    https://youtu.be/ah4KAUdJV6Y


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know that, but this is Wun-Dar. He's a character created by Scott and his team during MOTUC based on how savage He-Man was being sold on eBay at the time, before the mystery had been solved.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

  8. #383
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.
    But wouldn't the only hold up with how they've done the figure be for people who don't open the package? I mean everyone else can just remove the armor right? And even if it's not what really went down, a lot of us fans associate that armor with him. I know I do.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

  9. #384
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    490
    We got a Mo-Larr toy from parody. We got a laughing Adam toy from the meme. And Wun-Dar is made out of mystery. That's why he includes black armor and all those Wonderbread references.

  10. #385
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What is the possibility of Mattel offering Wun-Dar in retail with different package and maybe different weapons? I mean I do like the brown weapons, but I'd be ok with the black Zodac pistol and maybe just the brown sword. You would think Mattel would do something like this to fix their mistake. I remember Val saying something about the Grayskull robot figure possibly being released in retail sometime since the ordering for that item was also difficult (just not as ridiculous as Wun-Dar).

    I really want this figure. It really frustrates me that I am willing to pay Mattel the money for the figure and was ready to order at the time of release, but it is not available. This makes no sense.
    Maybe release a deluxe Battle armor Wun-dar.....or maybe release him with all the maroon weapons in standard pkg. that would be a change from the MC version.

    Sadly I dont think Mattel will re-release him nor do I think they care as he is a 3rd tier character anyway regardless how many of us want him....he will always remain elusive to most of us.

  11. #386
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.
    Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.

  12. #387
    Heroic Warrior Man-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Midwesternia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.
    Like it or not, the black Zodac armor is synonymous with Savage He-Man because before the whole Wonder Bread promotion was debunked that is what the majority of the collector community believed the mail-away figure came with. Scott didn’t just throw it on the Classics figure because he thought it looked cool. There was a reason for its inclusion back in 2010.

    Either way, it’s a weird thing to get hung up on. Just take the armor off and ta-da, it’s the vintage figure.

  13. #388
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.
    There's a lot that gets added to the lore of any franchise after the fact. It helps to build up the world the characters exist in.

    And, again, you are the master of the universe when it comes to your collection. You make the rules and establish whatever lore you want. YOU have the power.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

  14. #389
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too.
    Official Mattel approved and released story lines are the exact opposite of "fan fiction" - this revisionist nonsense needs to stop.

  15. #390
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post


    You can see it here.




    No? He feels way too barebones underdressed without it. Mosquitor comes with energy piece, are you compelled to have him wear it constantly?

    You can either be canon purist in which case those are gifts from Goddess and they belong on him or you can interpret canon as you wish in which case you can take advantage of toy's customizability, it's literally why it's there.
    Thanks for posting the link. I'm just not interested in even reading it. I'm still sour on the whole thing.

  16. #391
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Like it or not, the black Zodac armor is synonymous with Savage He-Man because before the whole Wonder Bread promotion was debunked that is what the majority of the collector community believed the mail-away figure came with. Scott didn’t just throw it on the Classics figure because he thought it looked cool. There was a reason for its inclusion back in 2010.

    Either way, it’s a weird thing to get hung up on. Just take the armor off and ta-da, it’s the vintage figure.
    I explained earlier in the thread that I wasn’t planning on opening my copy. The armor is therefore an (albeit minor) issue. As for “Wun-Dar” as created by Nite-Lik, I could care less. I can’t stand the man, his “contributions” to MOTU lore, or his lies. I’d have preferred this figure to be called Savage He-Man and released without armor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #392
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.
    Glad to see I’m not the only one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #393
    Heroic Warrior Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    I explained earlier in the thread that I wasn’t planning on opening my copy. The armor is therefore an (albeit minor) issue. As for “Wun-Dar” as created by Nite-Lik, I could care less. I can’t stand the man, his “contributions” to MOTU lore, or his lies. I’d have preferred this figure to be called Savage He-Man and released without armor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do realize that "Savage He-Man" (that's not real name either...) never came in a box? If you want accuracy, you should put him in a plastic bag or however he was distributed.

  19. #394
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,091
    Expanding MOTU lore beyond what was established in the early 80's is just bad, people!!!!

  20. #395
    Widget Nikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    5
    Have anyone a chance to get a Scann from the Origins Wun Dar Backcard ? I work on a BackCard Art Poster for my Room Wall...but i dont have the chance to get Wun Dar

  21. #396
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    Have anyone a chance to get a Scann from the Origins Wun Dar Backcard ? I work on a BackCard Art Poster for my Room Wall...but i dont have the chance to get Wun Dar
    I got you covered once I have mine in hand.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

  22. #397
    Widget Nikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I got you covered once I have mine in hand.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Super! Thanks !

  23. #398
    Heroic Warrior ProteinNerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    You do realize that "Savage He-Man" (that's not real name either...) never came in a box? If you want accuracy, you should put him in a plastic bag or however he was distributed.
    I was going to say the same thing. If you want historical vintage line accuracy, repaint a loose He-Man with the vintage style head and that is literally the perfect replica.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

  24. #399
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Expanding MOTU lore beyond what was established in the early 80's is just bad, people!!!!
    Depends on the quality of the lore. Nite-Lik did not add anything of quality. Also, that early 80s lore you dismiss with such post-modern snark was more well-developed and intelligently crafted than many of the toy lines back then and most of those today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #400
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Expanding MOTU lore beyond what was established in the early 80's is just bad, people!!!!
    The 200X cartoon added a lot of depth to the characters backstories.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    Nite-Lik did not add anything of quality.
    Turning Skeletors first minicomic appearance ("demon from another dimension") into a fever dream after being merged with Demo-Man by Hordak, that I think was pretty cool storytelling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •