Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

I haven't read it. I probably won't unless I get the figure. Is the same comic included with any other figures?

If I did read it and it followed along with Revelation or Classics, I would just discard it from my own personal head canon.

You can see it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.
    No? He feels way too barebones underdressed without it. Mosquitor comes with energy piece, are you compelled to have him wear it constantly?

You can either be canon purist in which case those are gifts from Goddess and they belong on him or you can interpret canon as you wish in which case you can take advantage of toy's customizability, it's literally why it's there.

Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.
    You know the armour comes off, right?

Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    The knee pins look too far out and there's fraying all over the figure in those photos. Hell, even the torso looks slightly discolored.

I'm starting to think I was right and the mold *is* really giving out and these Wun-Dars are the mold's last hurrah before they retire it and cast a new one.

Last edited by binkibonsai; July 5, 2022 at 04:28pm.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    He's not Wun-Dar without those things.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.

https://battleramblog.com/savage-he-...universe-1983/

https://youtu.be/d_pQm85Brt8

https://youtu.be/ah4KAUdJV6Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Val-Or View Post
    He’s actually not Wun-Dar with the armor. Toy Guru, Battle Ram Blog, and Pixel Dan have confirmed that the mail-away figure later believed to be a Wonder Bread tie-in was packaged without armor and with a sword and axe.

The he shouldn't be even named Wun-Dar because he has nothing to do with Wonder bread.

The he shouldn't be even named Wun-Dar because he has nothing to do with Wonder bread.

Yeah I know that, but this is Wun-Dar. He's a character created by Scott and his team during MOTUC based on how savage He-Man was being sold on eBay at the time, before the mystery had been solved.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

But wouldn't the only hold up with how they've done the figure be for people who don't open the package? I mean everyone else can just remove the armor right? And even if it's not what really went down, a lot of us fans associate that armor with him. I know I do.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

We got a Mo-Larr toy from parody. We got a laughing Adam toy from the meme. And Wun-Dar is made out of mystery. That's why he includes black armor and all those Wonderbread references.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What is the possibility of Mattel offering Wun-Dar in retail with different package and maybe different weapons? I mean I do like the brown weapons, but I'd be ok with the black Zodac pistol and maybe just the brown sword. You would think Mattel would do something like this to fix their mistake. I remember Val saying something about the Grayskull robot figure possibly being released in retail sometime since the ordering for that item was also difficult (just not as ridiculous as Wun-Dar).

I really want this figure. It really frustrates me that I am willing to pay Mattel the money for the figure and was ready to order at the time of release, but it is not available. This makes no sense.
    Maybe release a deluxe Battle armor Wun-dar.....or maybe release him with all the maroon weapons in standard pkg. that would be a change from the MC version.

Sadly I dont think Mattel will re-release him nor do I think they care as he is a 3rd tier character anyway regardless how many of us want him....he will always remain elusive to most of us.

Court Magician
    Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.

Exactly the point, even though I now know I'm in the minority. I don't care what Classics did with the character as there is no personal nostalgia there. Would much prefer a Vanilla update on the true Savage He-Man. If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too. Just a little surprised so many want the armour to be honest, it's a bit like demanding Stratos to come with the blue weapons pack power sword (on the basis some of us used it with him as kids) and saying that it is now forever part of his character.
    Like it or not, the black Zodac armor is synonymous with Savage He-Man because before the whole Wonder Bread promotion was debunked that is what the majority of the collector community believed the mail-away figure came with. Scott didn’t just throw it on the Classics figure because he thought it looked cool. There was a reason for its inclusion back in 2010.

Either way, it’s a weird thing to get hung up on. Just take the armor off and ta-da, it’s the vintage figure.

There's a lot that gets added to the lore of any franchise after the fact. It helps to build up the world the characters exist in.

And, again, you are the master of the universe when it comes to your collection. You make the rules and establish whatever lore you want. YOU have the power.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

If it does get a regular release with armour, of course I can, and will be ditching it and be content the Scott Neitlich fan-fiction fans are happy too.
    Official Mattel approved and released story lines are the exact opposite of "fan fiction" - this revisionist nonsense needs to stop.

You can see it here.

No? He feels way too barebones underdressed without it. Mosquitor comes with energy piece, are you compelled to have him wear it constantly?

You can either be canon purist in which case those are gifts from Goddess and they belong on him or you can interpret canon as you wish in which case you can take advantage of toy's customizability, it's literally why it's there.
    Thanks for posting the link. I'm just not interested in even reading it. I'm still sour on the whole thing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Like it or not, the black Zodac armor is synonymous with Savage He-Man because before the whole Wonder Bread promotion was debunked that is what the majority of the collector community believed the mail-away figure came with. Scott didn’t just throw it on the Classics figure because he thought it looked cool. There was a reason for its inclusion back in 2010.

Either way, it’s a weird thing to get hung up on. Just take the armor off and ta-da, it’s the vintage figure.
    I explained earlier in the thread that I wasn’t planning on opening my copy. The armor is therefore an (albeit minor) issue. As for “Wun-Dar” as created by Nite-Lik, I could care less. I can’t stand the man, his “contributions” to MOTU lore, or his lies. I’d have preferred this figure to be called Savage He-Man and released without armor.

Heroic Warrior
    Glad to see I’m not the only one.

I explained earlier in the thread that I wasn’t planning on opening my copy. The armor is therefore an (albeit minor) issue. As for “Wun-Dar” as created by Nite-Lik, I could care less. I can’t stand the man, his “contributions” to MOTU lore, or his lies. I’d have preferred this figure to be called Savage He-Man and released without armor.

You do realize that "Savage He-Man" (that's not real name either...) never came in a box? If you want accuracy, you should put him in a plastic bag or however he was distributed.

Expanding MOTU lore beyond what was established in the early 80's is just bad, people!!!!

Have anyone a chance to get a Scann from the Origins Wun Dar Backcard ? I work on a BackCard Art Poster for my Room Wall...but i dont have the chance to get Wun Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    Have anyone a chance to get a Scann from the Origins Wun Dar Backcard ? I work on a BackCard Art Poster for my Room Wall...but i dont have the chance to get Wun Dar
    I got you covered once I have mine in hand.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 7/30/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I got you covered once I have mine in hand.

Super! Thanks !

You do realize that "Savage He-Man" (that's not real name either...) never came in a box? If you want accuracy, you should put him in a plastic bag or however he was distributed.
    I was going to say the same thing. If you want historical vintage line accuracy, repaint a loose He-Man with the vintage style head and that is literally the perfect replica.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Expanding MOTU lore beyond what was established in the early 80's is just bad, people!!!!
    Depends on the quality of the lore. Nite-Lik did not add anything of quality. Also, that early 80s lore you dismiss with such post-modern snark was more well-developed and intelligently crafted than many of the toy lines back then and most of those today.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The 200X cartoon added a lot of depth to the characters backstories.

- - - Updated - - -

Nite-Lik did not add anything of quality.
    Turning Skeletors first minicomic appearance ("demon from another dimension") into a fever dream after being merged with Demo-Man by Hordak, that I think was pretty cool storytelling.