Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Sure man, go for it.

Must have missed that one.
    He's a Youtuber who covers MOTU and Ninja Turtles figures. He did a video of him trying to buy Wun-dar and missing out. Then he showed this character he made up called Flip-Or. It's a scalper figure who steals toys.

Watch out for the R rated language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkY-YrKxNyQ

In honor of the Mattel Creations Wun-Dar fiasco, I wrote a song

"What a Wun-Darless World"

I see Horde Trooper,
    Clawful too.
    But no Wun-Dar,
    For me or you.
    And I think to myself,
    What a Wun-Darless world!

I check every store,
    And each website,
    Through the bright day,
    And trough dark night.
    And I think to myself,

The colors of the clouds,
    So dark in the sky.
    Are also on the faces,
    Of people going by.
    I see friends shaking heads,
    Sayin': "How do you do?"
    They're really sayin' "You missed him too?".

I hear fans cryin',
    Their anger grows.
    They wanted him more,
    Than Mattel knows.
    And I think to myself,

Yes...
    I think to myself,

(Parody of "What a Wonderful World" if it's not obvious)
    Awesome! We need a stop motion video of this!

Well, like many a He-Fan I have missed out on this figure. But it did make me wonder (pun intended) - he's supposed to be one of Adam's predecessors as He-Man, or at least *a* He-Man. Who did he have to fight to protect Castle Grayskull and did he have any friends to help him? How long before Adam was he?
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Well, like many a He-Fan I have missed out on this figure. But it did make me wonder (pun intended) - he's supposed to be one of Adam's predecessors as He-Man, or at least *a* He-Man. Who did he have to fight to protect Castle Grayskull and did he have any friends to help him? How long before Adam was he?
    From the Masters of The Universe Classics cardback Bio for Wun-Dar, he was said to have operated "One hundred years before Prince Adam was born". He hailed from the underground city of Tundaria, and got the job of "The He-Man", and defender The Power Sword by heroically rescuing The Goddess, much in the same way that Oo-Lar did some years later. I don't know if any of this info is canon in the Masters of The Universe: Origins telling of things, but that's the info we have on him from a previous source. :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Most of those He-Men are blank slates like that. No friends, no foes. Heck, Revelation mentioned that Adam is the only one to choose his lesser form. So they had previous forms? Different names? Besides He-Ro/Gray, we never heard about it...

Most of those He-Men are blank slates like that. No friends, no foes. Heck, Revelation mentioned that Adam is the only one to choose his lesser form. So they had previous forms? Different names? Besides He-Ro/Gray, we never heard about it...
    Very true! ToyGuru was in the business of selling new FIGURES, NOT new well-developed characters... :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Very true! ToyGuru was in the business of selling new FIGURES, NOT new well-developed characters... :^)
    Yeah to me, Wun-dar doesn't really have a backstory. He's a mystery warrior. He's so mysterious I don't even have him in any line yet, lol.

I didn't like the Classics bios and the Revelation storyline doesn't exist for me.

When I first looked at Classics it was daunting to see so many characters that haven't actually appeared in anything - Vikor, Wun-Dar, Fighting Foe Men, Sir Laser-Lot, Fangor...the bios were little help due to an attempt to connect everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Yeah to me, Wun-dar doesn't really have a backstory. He's a mystery warrior. He's so mysterious I don't even have him in any line yet, lol.

I didn't like the Classics bios and the Revelation storyline doesn't exist for me.
    What's about his Origins minicomic?

Revelation mentioned that Adam is the only one to choose his lesser form. So they had previous forms? Different names? Besides He-Ro/Gray, we never heard about it...
    It's just yet another example of how poorly written Revelation was if you are trying to make any deeper sense of it within the established lore.

I honestly just don't think "we" are the intended target audience for it. It was never designed or written to be part of something bigger to be picked part and analysed by lifelong fans, it was in essence just a bunch of kids playing with their toys saying "wouldn't it be cool if XYZ happened." without any real thought of any implications that arose from the story they made.

I really think the audience was supposed to be people who played with the toys when they were kids that haven't really thought about it since and won't really think about it again.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    MOTU was originally planned not to have much in the way of a story. The idea was that the children playing with the toys would come up with their own lore and build their adventures around whatever universe they imagined.

With characters like Wun-Dar you can come up with what ever personality and back story you want.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

What is the possibility of Mattel offering Wun-Dar in retail with different package and maybe different weapons? I mean I do like the brown weapons, but I'd be ok with the black Zodac pistol and maybe just the brown sword. You would think Mattel would do something like this to fix their mistake. I remember Val saying something about the Grayskull robot figure possibly being released in retail sometime since the ordering for that item was also difficult (just not as ridiculous as Wun-Dar).

I really want this figure. It really frustrates me that I am willing to pay Mattel the money for the figure and was ready to order at the time of release, but it is not available. This makes no sense.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What is the possibility of Mattel offering Wun-Dar in retail with different package and maybe different weapons?
    I could see that happening because there's zero new tooling needed. Plus, he looks exactly like He-Man, so that's sort of a way of keeping the main hero out there on the pegs.

Granted, retail waves ( not to mention packaging ) are usually planned out years in advance, so I'm not sure when it would happen....
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 4, 2022 at 02:47pm.
    Odd Man Out

What is the possibility of Mattel offering Wun-Dar in retail with different package and maybe different weapons? I mean I do like the brown weapons, but I'd be ok with the black Zodac pistol and maybe just the brown sword. You would think Mattel would do something like this to fix their mistake. I remember Val saying something about the Grayskull robot figure possibly being released in retail sometime since the ordering for that item was also difficult (just not as ridiculous as Wun-Dar).

I really want this figure. It really frustrates me that I am willing to pay Mattel the money for the figure and was ready to order at the time of release, but it is not available. This makes no sense.
    The Wun-Dar figure it's self would have to be different. They could use one of the other He-Man heads or change the colors a bit.

As for the Grayskull armor they again would have to change the colors to keep the exclusive, exclusive. Any why not sell it as a $15 figure, they have the tooling.

As for Scott, take everything he says with a grain of salt, witch he can provide as he seems more that a bit salty over not working on MOTU anymore.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

I remember Val saying something about the Grayskull robot figure possibly being released in retail sometime since the ordering for that item was also difficult (just not as ridiculous as Wun-Dar).

Yep, here we are a year later and still waiting on that accessory to complete Grayskull they could have easily recoloured and sold though Mattel Creations.

The Sitcom keeps writing itself.
    Calling all fellow Aussies to post in the Australian Collectors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    As for Scott, take everything he says with a grain of salt, witch he can provide as he seems more that a bit salty over not working on MOTU anymore.
    It's interesting you read what I wrote as "Scott." I wrote "Val," as in Val Staples, the site owner and Master of Power Con Coordination. But I get it, Scott gets quite a bit of press around these parts.

To his credit, when Val mentioned this about the Grayskull set, he did say it was without any insider knowledge, only speculation based on logic and good business. But here we are, almost a year later, and nothing.

I am still hoping...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

That's always been my headcanon for Wundar. a hero who exists only in rumors, his adventures forgotten except in some record or tome deep within Castle Grayskull

I got a strange email from Mattel and I'm wondering if anyone else got one.
    It read
    Bill-to emailed for the same case of the order 31370079 and said at Ebay see over 160 different sellers with this figure many of them having multiple copies for sale.
    One seller has More than 10 available consumer say.

We apologized to the consumer and informed him that his feedback will be shared with the appropriate team for review uploaded in case 31370079.

Heroic Warrior Ultimate Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    That's always been my headcanon for Wundar. a hero who exists only in rumors, his adventures forgotten except in some record or tome deep within Castle Grayskull

I got a strange email from Mattel and I'm wondering if anyone else got one.
    It read
    Bill-to emailed for the same case of the order 31370079 and said at Ebay see over 160 different sellers with this figure many of them having multiple copies for sale.
    One seller has More than 10 available consumer say.

We apologized to the consumer and informed him that his feedback will be shared with the appropriate team for review uploaded in case 31370079.
    You weren't meant to get that email. That sounds like notes made by the customer services person on their CRM platform. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Sorceress View Post
    You weren't meant to get that email. That sounds like notes made by the customer services person on their CRM platform. Oops!
    That's what I thought. While I removed it from my above post, the email did contain the names of the ebays sellers I found that had 10+ Wundars listed. Maybe I'm being foolish and optimistic but just maybe Mattel is taking this seriously, as opposed to with the Classics Line where it felt like complaints were just brushed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    The Wun-Dar figure it's self would have to be different. They could use one of the other He-Man heads or change the colors a bit.

As for the Grayskull armor they again would have to change the colors to keep the exclusive, exclusive. Any why not sell it as a $15 figure, they have the tooling.
    Great ideas.

The MC version stays unique, and all the Missers Out can still get a Wun-Dar, albeit slilghtly changed. Plus, Mattel makes even more money, spends $0.00 on new tooling, and hits a PR homerun with fans. Win win.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 4, 2022 at 11:37pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Great ideas.

The MC version stays unique, and all the Missers Out can still get a Wun-Dar, albeit slilghtly changed. Plus, Mattel makes even more money, spends $0.00 on new tooling, and hits a PR homerun with fans. Win win.
    Hasbro did something like this many years ago with some characters that were released at Botcon.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022

Court Magician
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    Is there anyone else who hates seeing Wun-Dar in the black Zodac armour? If we get a retail release, I'm hoping they ditch the gun and armour so I won't feel compelled to display him with them. Prefer this character as a savage, not some derpy space buckaroo, Flash-Gordon-wannabee in furry underpants. If anything, give him repainted Beast Man arm bracers and leave him bare-chested. Anyone wanting the armour and gun can go vintage, both are very, very common accessories.
    No, I donít get upset about extra accessories included with figures. But he wonít be getting a retail release anyway, so you donít really need to worry about simply removing the armor so you can display him however you choose.

Mattel made the *mistake* of sending me a Survey Monkey survey regarding my ordering "experience" this morning. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Mattel made the *mistake* of sending me a Survey Monkey survey regarding my ordering "experience" this morning. Lol.
    They'll probably use your answers to stick it to us even more later on. Maybe make Moss Man or Spikor a Creations exclusive. Limit of 10. And a 1 minute sell-out.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first looked at Classics it was daunting to see so many characters that haven't actually appeared in anything - Vikor, Wun-Dar, Fighting Foe Men, Sir Laser-Lot, Fangor...the bios were little help due to an attempt to connect everything together.

What's about his Origins minicomic?
    I haven't read it. I probably won't unless I get the figure. Is the same comic included with any other figures?

If I did read it and it followed along with Revelation or Classics, I would just discard it from my own personal head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    He's not Wun-Dar without those things.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 8/10/2022