Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Origins Wun-Dar

Court Magician
    I wouldn't mind Wun-Dar getting a regular release with just the maroon sword and axe. Give it a mini-comic head and correct the left arm bracer to toy-style, it'll make it feel as if it is a different character. Then release weapon packs later in the line for those wanting a vest.... or they can just use the common vintage ones.

Mattel hasn’t revealed any of their SDCC stuff just yet, and I don’t see why they would be skipping it this year. If Wun-Dar was intended to be a part of that, they would have offered him with the rest of their exclusives like last year. I think the current rumor is a 3-pack for Origins that consists of either Rulers of the Sun or Snake Men themed figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffleman View Post
    I wouldn't mind Wun-Dar getting a regular release with just the maroon sword and axe. Give it a mini-comic head and correct the left arm bracer to toy-style, it'll make it feel as if it is a different character. Then release weapon packs later in the line for those wanting a vest.... or they can just use the common vintage ones.
    Sorry but I hate this kind of stuff. These companies should stop creating false value with scarcity. If they did what you're suggesting, then all the fans that wanted the maroon weapons and toy head would be SOL.

Hey Mattel, whatever you are thinking at any given time, I want you to stop, and do a 180. Do exactly the opposite of what you were going to do. You're welcome.

So when those emails went out saying "sorry we had to cancel your order" I responded to that email expressing my frustration and commenting the $10 code was poor compensation due to how minimal their onsite selection is. Today I got this reply

" Thank you for getting back to us about the Masters of the Universe Origins Wun-Dar Figure. Due to the limited quantity available and the high demand for the product, this product sold out very quickly. I'm so sorry for the disappointment this causes.

I understand how much this likely meant to you, and I will share your feedback and suggestion with our teams for review. Please rest assured that we'll have many more sales throughout the year, with several additional opportunities to expand your collection.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Rachel C.
    Mattel Consumer Services"

Not completely sure what to make of it Does it mean Mattel is doing the smart thing and considering a second batch of Wundars or is it referring to other exclusives later in the year?
    Maybe I'm being too optimistic and honestly, after this whole thing I'd rather have a bit of hope future sales will go smoother.

On a side note, maybe it's just me but with every one of these emails the line "Appreciate your understanding" is just infuriating. Makes me want to reply while channeling my inner AVGN before I remember the person sending the email isn't the one who wrote it nor is it the person I'm really irritated at.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    We could see a deluxe Wun-Dar or core Wun-Dar with the "messy Filmation" hair, OR use a different brown for the trunks and boots.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I would like to see him as a standard release in a future wave... but, now I'm afraid that he will be a Battle-Armor He-Man repaint with black armor and brown hair...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
    So when those emails went out saying "sorry we had to cancel your order" I responded to that email expressing my frustration and commenting the $10 code was poor compensation due to how minimal their onsite selection is. Today I got this reply

" Thank you for getting back to us about the Masters of the Universe Origins Wun-Dar Figure. Due to the limited quantity available and the high demand for the product, this product sold out very quickly. I'm so sorry for the disappointment this causes.

I understand how much this likely meant to you, and I will share your feedback and suggestion with our teams for review. Please rest assured that we'll have many more sales throughout the year, with several additional opportunities to expand your collection.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Rachel C.
    Mattel Consumer Services"

Not completely sure what to make of it Does it mean Mattel is doing the smart thing and considering a second batch of Wundars or is it referring to other exclusives later in the year?
    Maybe I'm being too optimistic and honestly, after this whole thing I'd rather have a bit of hope future sales will go smoother.

On a side note, maybe it's just me but with every one of these emails the line "Appreciate your understanding" is just infuriating. Makes me want to reply while channeling my inner AVGN before I remember the person sending the email isn't the one who wrote it nor is it the person I'm really irritated at.
    That's the same form letter that most everyone got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would like to see him as a standard release in a future wave... but, now I'm afraid that he will be a Battle-Armor He-Man repaint with black armor and brown hair...
    If they did that you could at least make a regular Wun-Dar with out having to paint.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/29/2022

That's the same form letter that most everyone got.

- - - Updated - - -
    well, now I feel foolish. I must have missed an earlier post since this is the third email I've gotten from Mattel about this whole debacle

Court Magician
    For me personally, I’d rather have my toys lose value or be worth basically what I bought them for forever.

I buy them to play with (or more often) display, and I hate the feeling of having some dumb toy that is “rare” and I need to handle it super carefully because if it breaks I can’t easily replace it.

I have very occasionally made money reselling a toy, but collectors are generally some of the most annoying people on earth to sell to and it’s never been enough money to make it worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they did that you could at least make a regular Wun-Dar with out having to paint.
    Acrylic spray paint and the careful application of masking tape.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by binkibonsai View Post
    …the careful application of masking tape.
    For some that would be the tricky part. For you it may seem all too simple, but I have medical issues that cause my hands to shake occasionally making applying tape and painting difficult. And honestly it's a miracle that the scars on my Oo-Larr cam out as good as they did.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/29/2022

For a year my hands shook uncontrollably as well due to medication and I never had particularly steady hands to begin with. When I paint, I still need to heavily lean onto my elbows and brace em on a table.

However, I still continued to paint models. Drawing was difficult, so I put that to the side as I recovered.

It can take awhile, especially since my approach is fairly heavy-handed, but as long as you're not doing anything that requires finesse (like painting eyes; oh god that is painful), you'll find a solution to a problem if ye want something badly enough.

It certainly beats raving and ranting at the ether or trying to appeal to a corporation that simply doesn't care.

Maybe we should look at practical solutions rather than problems; if a product cannot be provided, make the product ye want. Always good to learn a new skill ye can use to get wot ye want, even if it doesn't make a living.

Vote with your wallet.

Companies will stop predatory business practices when we stop rewarding it and scrabbling for the newest shiny like brain-damaged junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Man View Post
    Mattel hasn’t revealed any of their SDCC stuff just yet, and I don’t see why they would be skipping it this year. If Wun-Dar was intended to be a part of that, they would have offered him with the rest of their exclusives like last year. I think the current rumor is a 3-pack for Origins that consists of either Rulers of the Sun or Snake Men themed figures.
    I know that they are doing any exclusives at power con and if they were doing anything for san diego it should be announced by now think its a bit ate for that, but it seems they are not really very timely on announcement for this brand.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I know that they are doing any exclusives at power con and if they were doing anything for san diego it should be announced by now think its a bit ate for that, but it seems they are not really very timely on announcement for this brand.
    We should know for sure within the next 2 weeks, Hasbro hasn't announced their exclusives yet either and it appears Hasbro will be doing the same thing they did at Star Wars Celebration - preorder the exclusives at the show and they will ship later, no actual toys to buy at the show. Mattel has done similar with SDCC in the past preorder on Mattel Creations site, check in at the booth and then they ship to you later. I'm sure with the issues still surrounding supply and shipments, they will probably do the same which gives them a longer time for reveals unlike previous years.
    Last edited by Powersword123; June 30, 2022 at 06:26pm.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15
    This is true...

One of greatest features of this whole line is the option to swap body parts!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I was working a double today but got contacted back from someone from Mattel’s CS dept in response to my BBB complaint. It was interesting I learned some things and so did she. On some things from MC to resolve issues they’ve offered up customer service stock. On Wundar there isn’t any. So if yours is lost or damaged, you're **** out of luck. She couldn’t mention numbers but said this one had a low number compared to others. I brought up it was probably due to the lost ones. She wasn’t aware of the ones that showed up at Paul Mart or Malaysia so I pointed out there was pics of them hanging on pegs at a mart in California. I still think it was a shipping error versus being stolen. Best they could do was offer me an “equal value” random figure from the Origins range. There’s been no new info they could share on it but it was intended to be a one time sale. They’ve heard loud and clear and had some team meetings. I told her they’ve done 2nd runs of figures from regular waves all the way to the limited “one time run” Power Con exclusives. She’s going to pass all this along on the next team meeting and if there’s any future MOTU sales coming up would be announced on their socials.

It was interesting to talk to her and I shouldn’t be surprised she’s not aware of all that’s been going on with this figure but I still am. If it was considered pretty low, how many did they actually lose???
    Gaping holes in my collection: Origins SDCC 2019 2 Pack, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I was working a double today but got contacted back from someone from Mattel’s CS dept in response to my BBB complaint. It was interesting I learned some things and so did she. On some things from MC to resolve issues they’ve offered up customer service stock. On Wundar there isn’t any. So if yours is lost or damaged, you're **** out of luck. She couldn’t mention numbers but said this one had a low number compared to others. I brought up it was probably due to the lost ones. She wasn’t aware of the ones that showed up at Paul Mart or Malaysia so I pointed out there was pics of them hanging on pegs at a mart in California. I still think it was a shipping error versus being stolen. Best they could do was offer me an “equal value” random figure from the Origins range. There’s been no new info they could share on it but it was intended to be a one time sale. They’ve heard loud and clear and had some team meetings. I told her they’ve done 2nd runs of figures from regular waves all the way to the limited “one time run” Power Con exclusives. She’s going to pass all this along on the next team meeting and if there’s any future MOTU sales coming up would be announced on their socials.

It was interesting to talk to her and I shouldn’t be surprised she’s not aware of all that’s been going on with this figure but I still am. If it was considered pretty low, how many did they actually lose???
    Thanks for sharing that. That was actually interesting to read.

I'd like to believe that, but the same thing pretty much happened with the Power-Con exclusives last year. There was a clear message sent that we hate this scarcity thing, and yet, here we are again.

They kinda made that situation better last year, so I am holding out some hope that they will again this time. But I fully expect this kind of thing to happen again. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post

Hopefully the "missing" figures do come up at a future meeting. The fact that they did not know even though it was all over Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and this sight shows they aren't really keeping the finger on the fandom's pulse. Having their own little forum on Mattel Creations is not good enough. They need to be lurking this site and any other on line site that's talking about MOTU on a regular basis.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/29/2022

In honor of the Mattel Creations Wun-Dar fiasco, I wrote a song

"What a Wun-Darless World"

I see Horde Trooper,
    Clawful too.
    But no Wun-Dar,
    For me or you.
    And I think to myself,
    What a Wun-Darless world!

I check every store,
    And each website,
    Through the bright day,
    And trough dark night.
    And I think to myself,

The colors of the clouds,
    So dark in the sky.
    Are also on the faces,
    Of people going by.
    I see friends shaking heads,
    Sayin': "How do you do?"
    They're really sayin' "You missed him too?".

I hear fans cryin',
    Their anger grows.
    They wanted him more,
    Than Mattel knows.
    And I think to myself,

Yes...
    I think to myself,

(Parody of "What a Wonderful World" if it's not obvious)

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Hopefully the "missing" figures do come up at a future meeting. The fact that they did not know even though it was all over Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and this sight shows they aren't really keeping the finger on the fandom's pulse. Having their own little forum on Mattel Creations is not good enough. They need to be lurking this site and any other on line site that's talking about MOTU on a regular basis.
    Just because a random customer service rep didn't know doesn't mean the company - and particularly the folks involved with the line - didn't. There likely are Mattel folks lurking here and elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post

I see Horde Trooper,
    Clawful too.
    But no Wun-Dar,
    For me or you.
    And I think to myself,

I check every store,
    And each website,
    Through the bright day,
    And trough dark night.
    And I think to myself,

So dark in the sky.
    Are also on the faces,
    Of people going by.

I hear fans cryin',
    Their anger grows.
    They wanted him more,
    Than Mattel knows.
    And I think to myself,

Yes...
    I think to myself,

Nicely done, wow I hope this mess gets sorted out Honestly!

At the very least there are action figures, Netflix SPOP does not even have Funko yet since Mattel has monopoly for toys? Yes apparently Funko counts as toys...
    Last edited by Catra2017; July 1, 2022 at 11:13am. Reason: Spell error
    Sign me plz! (petition for Dreamworks She-Ra toys)
    https://chng.it/fHKxh4N7Ck

SPOP 2018 & MOTU:Re 2021 timeline comparison:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...e-info-(enjoy)

I see Horde Trooper,
    Clawful too.
    But no Wun-Dar,
    For me or you.
    And I think to myself,

I check every store,
    And each website,
    Through the bright day,
    And trough dark night.
    And I think to myself,

So dark in the sky.
    Are also on the faces,
    Of people going by.

I hear fans cryin',
    Their anger grows.
    They wanted him more,
    Than Mattel knows.
    And I think to myself,

Yes...
    I think to myself,

This is hilarious. Can I screen shot this and put it on my IG story?
    Hit me up on instagram @NickDoobsCreations

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Just because a random customer service rep didn't know doesn't mean the company - and particularly the folks involved with the line - didn't. There likely are Mattel folks lurking here and elsewhere.
    Maybe but I suspect this reflects a wider ignorance and in particular those who run Mattel Creations as a whole may not be aware of how this has all gone down.

I see Horde Trooper,
    Clawful too.
    But no Wun-Dar,
    For me or you.
    And I think to myself,

I check every store,
    And each website,
    Through the bright day,
    And trough dark night.
    And I think to myself,

So dark in the sky.
    Are also on the faces,
    Of people going by.

I hear fans cryin',
    Their anger grows.
    They wanted him more,
    Than Mattel knows.
    And I think to myself,

Yes...
    I think to myself,

Nice! My favorite part is:

- - - Updated - - -

We could have a whole multimedia show here with your song, Mad Hatter's Flippor figure, and the Blun-Dar character I created.

Quote Originally Posted by timrollpickering2 View Post
    Maybe but I suspect this reflects a wider ignorance and in particular those who run Mattel Creations as a whole may not be aware of how this has all gone down.
    Good point. The MOTU team might have a spy in the .org and they might know what's up, they did switch to the 70's porn He-Man hair after all the *****ing, but MC is a separate division and they may not have the time, ability or permission to commutate.
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 9/29/2022

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    This is hilarious. Can I screen shot this and put it on my IG story?
    Sure man, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

Mad Hatter's Flippor figure
    Must have missed that one.